Author Topic: [IC] Think6.5 v2 - Gasket 65% Keyboard // GB July 19 | Live stream | giveaway  (Read 370739 times)

Offline kanki0213

Are the bottom plates compatible with each other regardless of the 1U top plate or 2U ?

Yes bottom cases are the same. PCB/Plate/Top case are different for 1U vs. 2U.
Good!
How about PC and Alu bottoms?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline StateSheriff

Would be cool to see an image/render of how the pc option looks!
Edit: Actually I just realised I can look at the OG Think6.5 for that lol
« Last Edit: Mon, 01 June 2020, 09:48:40 by StateSheriff »

Offline Shutter_Shock

Dark grey for pcb mask would look clean.

I stand by what I said about bright colors, but agree dark gray would look good. Didn’t think of it.

Offline oldcat

• 65% is Life
Are the bottom plates compatible with each other regardless of the 1U top plate or 2U ?

Yes bottom cases are the same. PCB/Plate/Top case are different for 1U vs. 2U.
Good!
How about PC and Alu bottoms?

They will be the same, but the tolerance may be different, mix and match is possible based on R1 run based on some user pictures, but we will not officially offer mix and match options. They will most likely be made in different factories.

Offline BuddhaBen

Do we have any renders or ideas of what the bottom/weight will look like?

Offline fabijolo

• I like expensive plastic.
Just scroll through the IC pages, on page 6 f.e. you can see the bottom :thumb:

Offline Shutter_Shock

On that note though, can we get an idea of what the weight will look like through the PC case bottom? How large is the weight? What shape is it? Is it going to be at all like v1.0 where the interior part of the weight has a design engraved/cut into it?

Offline MKBGeek

Will there be an all brass option available at some point?

Offline oldcat

• 65% is Life

On that note though, can we get an idea of what the weight will look like through the PC case bottom? How large is the weight? What shape is it? Is it going to be at all like v1.0 where the interior part of the weight has a design engraved/cut into it?

The prototype should come out soon. There are a couple of renders of the weight - and I will do a few more! Potter was not able to go to the factory yet due to falling when chasing his dog off-leash. He should recover in a few days.

Offline oldcat

• 65% is Life
Here are the 1U PCBs, 2U will be separate and coming soon:

Red is just for prototyping, Final color is pending - suggestions welcome

Also the cat logo will be replaced by the one below:

« Last Edit: Tue, 02 June 2020, 22:01:53 by oldcat »

Offline BuddhaBen

PCB design looks great. I wouldnt mind still having the cat logo.

Offline dRnRcRr

Offline Jyobah

LOVING the whole design so far, pcb looks lit. Like the cat engraving on it too.

Offline cadrev

Is there a chance to have an option for FR4 Half Plates?  :)

Offline GhostEther

The cat logo does look good tho. Will you do an IC on the PCB colors?

Offline lamonayon

Sorry oldcat, too excited so I'll post this here!

Offline ufomer

Holy **** that looks nice. Consider me reserved, any ETA on GB?

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Offline Rejeckted

• Fe, Fi, Fo, Fum... I smell Kraft dinnah

Original post says July/August

Offline ufomer

Original post says July/August
I'm dumb, thanks lol

Offline oldcat

• 65% is Life

Thanks brother, for posting, much appreciated! And here are the original res images :) And before the prototype pictures are out I will render a few from the back to showcase some cool details of the weight from the external side.

Offline SxM Designs

• * Esteemed Elder
  • https://sxmdesigns.com
    • Website
Will this be limited? as in number of units?

Offline Lizcuits

• KAT PBJ
    • KAT PBJ
Having trouble finding a solid answer for the v2, it looks like there will be a hotswap version available in this run? Can anyone confirm this? I'm new to GBs so I just want to double check!

Offline deanra

Having trouble finding a solid answer for the v2, it looks like there will be a hotswap version available in this run? Can anyone confirm this? I'm new to GBs so I just want to double check!

Almost definitely looks like there will NOT be a hot swap version for the v2 (due to the new gasket design).

Offline ShovelScum

Thanks brother, for posting, much appreciated! And here are the original res images :) And before the prototype pictures are out I will render a few from the back to showcase some cool details of the weight from the external side.

Show Image

Show Image

Gott Dayum! That 2U one looks slicker than a frog in an oil barrel! I cannot wait to get my hands on this! Now i can't decide if i want Aluminum or PC! Ugh! I want both, but i also want to keep my house! Lol
Like the name suggests, I am the ScumBag who rides a Shovel through this landfill.

Offline oldcat

• 65% is Life
A few images of the weight detail viewed from outside as some posts have been difficult to locate:

Offline oldcat

• 65% is Life

Right, no hotswap as it won’t work super well with a gasket mount design :(

Offline StateSheriff

When are we gonna get details on the gasket design? Waiting on the prototype?

Offline Kinesiologist

Can you please add ESD protection to the PCB and use USB-C port?

Offline CrazyAssMonkey

I think they did, since they fixed the ESD problems with the cybervoyager release I’d assume they will do ESD with this one.

Offline Kalabalik

The renders show a USB-C port.

Offline lamonayon

A few images of the weight detail viewed from outside as some posts have been difficult to locate:

Show Image

Show Image

Will the Weight Logo's be in a Gray only color, or it's also going to be matched to the colorway of the board?

Offline oldcat

• 65% is Life

Yes, for sure, both are already incorporated.

Offline oldcat

• 65% is Life

The specific type of Gaskets to be used and how they work (and hopefully why they are better ones) will likely be unveiled when Alex live streams a build! The design intends the gaskets to be precisely locked to both the plate and the cases (all current gaskets just have guides on the cases I believe).

Currently, the injection molds for the gaskets have been made (took quite a bit of time) and we will be making alternative ones with varying material softness. Once I receive the prototypes along with the gaskets, I will test ones with varying material softness to determine the best one soon.

Offline CrazyAssMonkey

The specific type of Gaskets to be used and how they work (and hopefully why they are better ones) will likely be unveiled when Alex live streams a build! The design intends the gaskets to be precisely locked to both the plate and the cases (all current gaskets just have guides on the cases I believe).

Currently, the injection molds for the gaskets have been made (took quite a bit of time) and we will be making alternative ones with varying material softness. Once I receive the prototypes along with the gaskets, I will test ones with varying material softness to determine the best one soon.
Would different gaskets be a possibility? Say for example if someone wants to use really soft ones or another person prefers harder material?

Would offering different hardness be possible?

Offline oldcat

• 65% is Life

Would different gaskets be a possibility? Say for example if someone wants to use really soft ones or another person prefers harder material?

Good suggestion, and I will look into it!

Offline CrazyAssMonkey

Good suggestion, and I will look into it!
Thanks for taking it into consideration. Every picture and update makes this board more interesting.

Offline SxM Designs

• * Esteemed Elder
    • Website
Hi oldcat,
I wanted to know if you looked into the EU proxy and found something out?

Offline oldcat

• 65% is Life
Hi oldcat,

Potter said after thinking further, he will not be working with another vendor (EU or elsewhere), most due to customer service and accountability issues. Keyboards are different from keycaps, they contain many parts that can be easily damaged, and any customer service is extremely expensive. Vendor inspections of boards are also virtually impossible as the boards are sealed. He said he has worked with vendors in the past (e.g., zfrontier), and those GBs had been a pain for buyers and himself. For anything, a buyer communicates with the vendor, and vendor communicates with him, a lot is lost in the process and everything is delayed further. He said based on the experience with Think6.5v1 GB, most EU buyers actually find direct shipping a smooth process. Potter said he will check with his DHL agent on what can be done about customs valuation within legal bounds and with the items insured.
« Last Edit: Sat, 06 June 2020, 15:54:56 by oldcat »

Offline SxM Designs

• * Esteemed Elder
    • Website
Thanks for the info!

Offline prizeS

• TastyKeys
Hi oldcat,

Potter said after thinking further, he will not be working with another vendor (EU or elsewhere), most due to customer service and accountability issues. Keyboards are different from keycaps, they contain many parts that can be easily damaged, and any customer service is extremely expensive. Vendor inspections of boards are also virtually impossible as the boards are sealed. He said he has worked with vendors in the past (e.g., zfrontier), and those GBs had been a pain for buyers and himself. For anything, a buyer communicates with the vendor, and vendor communicates with him, a lot is lost in the process and everything is delayed further. He said based on the experience with Think6.5v1 GB, most EU buyers actually find direct shipping a smooth process. Potter said he will check with his DHL agent on what can be done about customs valuation within legal bounds and with the items insured.

oldcat with the clutch info. not in EU personally but my friend is. appreciate it always!
i lub 65% and wkl tkl.

Offline oldcat

• 65% is Life
Prototype Plate (Fr-4 version), what other plate colors do you like to be included?

Offline PotatoTM

Prototype Plate (Fr-4 version), what other plate colors do you like to be included?

Show Image

If there's no dark PC option then I'd vote for a white plate/pcb option

Offline villagepillage

Re: [IC] Think6.5 v2.0 - Gasket 65% Keyboard // PCB update | Plate update
« Reply #742 on: Sun, 07 June 2020, 01:04:54 »
I need it

Offline Shutter_Shock

Show Image

Wow that looks insanely good. The outlining around each cutout is beautiful. I like the dark color (can’t tell if it’s black or gray) because of the high contrast with the outlining. I think it would be less bold/interesting on a light color. I do think an FR4 plate should match the pcb if possible. I stand behind my previous recommendations of black, dark gray, navy blue, or dark purple for consideration for the pcb color. I also personally prefer the idea of a darker pcb rather than white/light color because I like to have something to see through the polycarbonate. I just think that something should be somewhat neutral in color so as to not clash with too many keycap sets.

One comment not related to color: are those outlines thick enough to be seen from under the switches once they’re inserted? It would be a shame if they vanish during assembly (yes I realize you won’t see them anyway once the board is assembled but nothing about this hobby is rational lmao).

Offline Kalabalik

« Reply #744 on: Sun, 07 June 2020, 01:47:24 »

Show Image

Do you have a picture of it not covered by bubble wrap?

Offline Hawksmoor

« Reply #745 on: Sun, 07 June 2020, 06:09:21 »

Show Image

Do you have a picture of it not covered by bubble wrap?

244523-0

Offline hottrout

• I'd Hit Dat Key
« Reply #746 on: Sun, 07 June 2020, 06:27:05 »
Nice :)
Current Daily Driver : Virgo - Ultramarine - Standard Lube  |  WTB : Topre Realforce Hi-Pro, please PM me if you have one for sale.

Systems -
More
Work |i9-7940x@4.8ghz|32GB(3600)|STRIX-RTX3090Ti|Bespoke Water, 360m Rad|X299 Prime Deluxe|EK x299 Monoblock|Optane 900p|2x1TB 960 Pro|2x10TB Helium|Dell U3415W + Dell UP2116Q
Home |i9-13900ks|32GB(7300)|Rog RTX 4090|Asus Z790 Rog Maximus Hero|Torrent Air|2TB 990 Pro|2TB 990 Pro|Dell AW3423DW QOLED|NEC MultiSync|Drobo16TB
Mining |i5-7500|16GB(2400)|H110 Pro BTC+|8x1080Ti|2x1650Watt PSU

Plus 40 years of collecting retro computers, consoles, games, peripherals, mainframes and mini's as well as their software, keyboards, games and manuals. 100's of systems including every Amiga model made
  Keyboards -
More
IBM 3101 | IBM 3276 | IBM 5150 | IBM ModelM | Dictaphone Dual Display | Vintage Cherrys (1982 onwards, just about all of them) | Commodore (all of them) | Nixdorf | Siemens | ICL | Apple (all of them) | Filco Majistouch | KBDFans 5degree - Chocolate | Rama M6-B - Moon | CA66 Silver | ClueBoard Graphite/PC | Varmilo VA69M Silver | E7-V1 SE Yellow | Rama U-80 Space Grey | VN66 Navy | BOCC Frosted Polycarbonate | Rama M10-C Midnight | FLX Virgo Teal & Black | Rama M60-A LYN Kuro | Space65 CyberVoyager WhiteGold | Space65 CyberVoyager Terminal | Hyper 7 | Clarabelle Sandblasted Polycarbonate | Elongate Mini 1800 Blue | Petrichor 1800 Red | Vulcan Maja Ergo Green | Think6.5v2 RoboCop | Jacky Bear 65% E-White | Sakabato CB87 TKL Champagne | KCK KY-01 Aquamarine | Jae J-01 F&F E-White & Copper | S7.7 E-White | The Adélie Blue | NIX OxalyS80 LE Dark Polycarbonate | Mesa TKL E-White | Smith & Rune IRON180 Graen/Brass | Skog Reboot Desert | CU7 Black | ROTR Silver & Copper | RAMA Kara Soya | Grid 650 E-White | SIX5 LE Aluminium & Gold | OwLab Voice65 Grey | BOX 75 Black Stainless Steel | Onyx E-White | Ikki68 BT Charcoal | Smith & Rune Iron 165 Graphite & Stainless Steel | Epoch 80% Black | RAMA Thermal SEQ2 Kuro | Paper Crane Gerald65 SE PC & CF | CB1800 ZANBATO | GLiTCH | Eclipse Grey & SS | TGR Tomo Silver | Mountain Ergo Black | Keebwerk NASU Black/Red | Phase One 65 Grey | Command TKL Fire | Chalice Frosted | VIENDI 8L Shadow | | Vulcan Maja PC | Glove 80 | Matrix 8XV 3.0 Starry Night | Sagittarius Grey Lilac | AKB OGR & Numpad Dolch | Type K Black

Offline StateSheriff

« Reply #747 on: Sun, 07 June 2020, 06:27:41 »
Looks great!

The colour isn't as crucial to me as I won't go for polycarb, but I agree with the other guy that it should (for the most part) match the PCB!

Offline SxM Designs

• * Esteemed Elder
    • Website
« Reply #748 on: Sun, 07 June 2020, 06:30:34 »
That's lit

Offline natevas

« Reply #749 on: Sun, 07 June 2020, 06:44:37 »
This is looking great - amazing work OP. Just a wee question re. the slogan on the anchor - "Refuse to sink". Would you consider having a different slogan? If an anchor doesn't sink then it's perhaps as useful as a chocolate teapot ^-^