Author Topic: [IC] Think6.5 v2 - Gasket 65% Keyboard // GB July 19 | Live stream | giveaway  (Read 370859 times)

Offline acaban

would be cool to have bigger images to understand better those colors!

Offline oldcat

• 65% is Life
would be cool to have bigger images to understand better those colors!

Here you go!

Single Colors:

Mixed Colors:

Offline oldcat

• 65% is Life
Show Image

What are those lines of powder on the side? 🤔

scratch marks from an oldcat. i had the same idea running through my head lol

Dang thanks for the clarification.... now i realize it does feel like some special powder

But hey this is the wildcat Deskmat haha

Offline dRnRcRr

No ones wallet is safe

Offline chowder266

No ones wallet is safe

agreed, at this rate I'll probably have to get two boards...

Offline Cresc3nt

I know you guys have stated that PC will be an option no matter what, but will we get to pick the color of the frosted polycarb ourselves?
« Last Edit: Wed, 17 June 2020, 21:36:14 by Cresc3nt »

Offline Shutter_Shock

I knoiw you guys have stated that PC will be an option no matter what, but will we get to pick the color of the frosted polycarb ourselves?

What do you mean? It's uncolored.

Offline oldcat

• 65% is Life
I knoiw you guys have stated that PC will be an option no matter what, but will we get to pick the color of the frosted polycarb ourselves?

Frosted polycarb is just that og polycarb color. You might be able to dye it to other colors :)

Offline oldcat

• 65% is Life
Too late to put it into the poll, but after reading quite a few Instagram comments and the google form comments, white-pink seems to be a thing, any thoughts?

I guess many purchased GMK Noel

Offline erickeyboard

Too late to put it into the poll, but after reading quite a few Instagram comments and the google form comments, white-pink seems to be a thing, any thoughts?

Show Image

This is beautiful

Offline krpsh

• 6x% Lover

Show Image

OMG my favorite pick!

Offline ShovelScum

I am just psyched that PC Version is going to be a thing. But because i am up for possibly buying a second one in Aluminum option, i have polled in on my choice of color. I am honestly up for almost any color/combo at this point. I will just find a keycap set to match! Can't wait!
Like the name suggests, I am the ScumBag who rides a Shovel through this landfill.

Offline Cresc3nt

Frosted polycarb is just that og polycarb color. You might be able to dye it to other colors :)

Oh, I guess I misunderstood the first page render since there was a frosted pink look. Would this look be best achieved with a blue alum bottom and a polycarb top and can you mix and match like that?

Offline indigowhale

Show Image

yesssss this is beautiful

Offline ShovelScum

Oh, I guess I misunderstood the first page render since there was a frosted pink look. Would this look be best achieved with a blue alum bottom and a polycarb top and can you mix and match like that?

Dude, i was just thinking the same thing! I am thinking of buying 2, and swapping the top/bottom. So one with Alu-Top with PC bottom. Then having one with a PC top and Alu-bottom!
Like the name suggests, I am the ScumBag who rides a Shovel through this landfill.

Offline Shutter_Shock

@Oldcat

Am I right from looking at the prototype PCB pics that there is no per-key lighting except for a through-hole LED on the caps lock key? I mostly just use backlighting to remind myself which layer I'm using, but I was just curious.

Offline scatman

• 65% addict
Damn, how hyped can you actually get  :eek:

Offline KMPLSV

Guys, let's really try to make purple happen. I mean we gotta do it. You know you need a Grimace-themed build.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Offline friedtofu

Show Image

oh wow this is beautiful. YES please! One of my favorite picks. (though would also like to see a soft lilac as well!)

Offline ImLeXz

Show Image

Please white and pink

Online SxM Designs

• * Esteemed Elder
  • https://sxmdesigns.com
    • Website
Can we independently chose the top and bottom colors?

Offline FlitzDeelman

Oldfox, [got your name wrong there, sorry! OldCat, reading too many forums at once!] there are two caps sets I'm interested in currently, GMK Modern Dolch R2 and GMK Moonlight. I think especially Modern Dolch will be very popular, and you seem interested in Moonlight as well.

Is there a chance you can do a render with one or both of these caps sets, please?
« Last Edit: Thu, 18 June 2020, 22:17:12 by FlitzDeelman »

Offline PotatoTM

Any chance of split spacebar support? (sorry if this has been brought up before, too many pages to look through now :| )

Offline oldcat

• 65% is Life
I will be responding to some of the questions above a bit later, just want to put this Unit-01 colorway out here to see if this will be something of interest. If the green bottom is too much, maybe a black bottom?

Offline Rejeckted

• Fe, Fi, Fo, Fum... I smell Kraft dinnah
I will be responding to some of the questions above a bit later, just want to put this Unit-01 colorway out here to see if this will be something of interest. If the green bottom is too much, maybe a black bottom?

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

:eek:

yes please. my $ is ready oldcat :D lol
i like the green bottom a lot
« Last Edit: Thu, 18 June 2020, 16:24:26 by Rejeckted »

Offline glack23

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

I will prefer a black bottom and yes pls

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

Offline drevan

do we have a render with black bottom? I'm swinging towards the purple/green cause it's bold, striking, and a little truer to the actual eva unit 01 design.

Offline Oddstag

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

You already know I'm on board for this, but registering my interest in this colourway here as well since its the official place for it. Either black or green bottom would be great.

Offline fatpolomanjr

If the green bottom and orange badge were made available separately I'd get that with a black case.
Some guys keep on saying they believe in Jesus, and keep doing a lot of shameful things.
Current GH Classified Post (LF Arcade Floor, Garbield and CYM Otter and Keyng)

Offline SolidCactus

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Wow the bottom render is perfect combo

Offline Abhorrent Cell

Green bottom fa sho. Liking it with the upper badge.

EDIT: Didn't look into this board til I saw it on the GMK Unit 01 thread. Also interested in knowing about choice of top/bottom colors, and more so about split space bar.

Might have to get a white top/black bottom and EVA 01. >_<
« Last Edit: Thu, 18 June 2020, 18:36:06 by Abhorrent Cell »

Offline ZongZiWang

So awesome to see all the possible colors!

It's hard to tell how grey is this grey, and I wonder if it's possible to render how the GMK Modo looks on the grey case (maybe even with cyan accent color)? Thanks if the render could happen!

Offline hottrout

• I'd Hit Dat Key
I would take the green bottom and badge with the grey top.
Current Daily Driver : Virgo - Ultramarine - Standard Lube  |  WTB : Topre Realforce Hi-Pro, please PM me if you have one for sale.

Systems -
More
Work |i9-7940x@4.8ghz|32GB(3600)|STRIX-RTX3090Ti|Bespoke Water, 360m Rad|X299 Prime Deluxe|EK x299 Monoblock|Optane 900p|2x1TB 960 Pro|2x10TB Helium|Dell U3415W + Dell UP2116Q
Home |i9-13900ks|32GB(7300)|Rog RTX 4090|Asus Z790 Rog Maximus Hero|Torrent Air|2TB 990 Pro|2TB 990 Pro|Dell AW3423DW QOLED|NEC MultiSync|Drobo16TB
Mining |i5-7500|16GB(2400)|H110 Pro BTC+|8x1080Ti|2x1650Watt PSU

Plus 40 years of collecting retro computers, consoles, games, peripherals, mainframes and mini's as well as their software, keyboards, games and manuals. 100's of systems including every Amiga model made
  Keyboards -
More
IBM 3101 | IBM 3276 | IBM 5150 | IBM ModelM | Dictaphone Dual Display | Vintage Cherrys (1982 onwards, just about all of them) | Commodore (all of them) | Nixdorf | Siemens | ICL | Apple (all of them) | Filco Majistouch | KBDFans 5degree - Chocolate | Rama M6-B - Moon | CA66 Silver | ClueBoard Graphite/PC | Varmilo VA69M Silver | E7-V1 SE Yellow | Rama U-80 Space Grey | VN66 Navy | BOCC Frosted Polycarbonate | Rama M10-C Midnight | FLX Virgo Teal & Black | Rama M60-A LYN Kuro | Space65 CyberVoyager WhiteGold | Space65 CyberVoyager Terminal | Hyper 7 | Clarabelle Sandblasted Polycarbonate | Elongate Mini 1800 Blue | Petrichor 1800 Red | Vulcan Maja Ergo Green | Think6.5v2 RoboCop | Jacky Bear 65% E-White | Sakabato CB87 TKL Champagne | KCK KY-01 Aquamarine | Jae J-01 F&F E-White & Copper | S7.7 E-White | The Adélie Blue | NIX OxalyS80 LE Dark Polycarbonate | Mesa TKL E-White | Smith & Rune IRON180 Graen/Brass | Skog Reboot Desert | CU7 Black | ROTR Silver & Copper | RAMA Kara Soya | Grid 650 E-White | SIX5 LE Aluminium & Gold | OwLab Voice65 Grey | BOX 75 Black Stainless Steel | Onyx E-White | Ikki68 BT Charcoal | Smith & Rune Iron 165 Graphite & Stainless Steel | Epoch 80% Black | RAMA Thermal SEQ2 Kuro | Paper Crane Gerald65 SE PC & CF | CB1800 ZANBATO | GLiTCH | Eclipse Grey & SS | TGR Tomo Silver | Mountain Ergo Black | Keebwerk NASU Black/Red | Phase One 65 Grey | Command TKL Fire | Chalice Frosted | VIENDI 8L Shadow | | Vulcan Maja PC | Glove 80 | Matrix 8XV 3.0 Starry Night | Sagittarius Grey Lilac | AKB OGR & Numpad Dolch | Type K Black

Offline drevan

ohhh the possibilities... an EVA 01 badge would bring it all together and have the eyes shine through for LED or something

Offline oldcat

• 65% is Life
ohhh the possibilities... an EVA 01 badge would bring it all together and have the eyes shine through for LED or something

Yes. Also rendered a black bottom, purple top, green badge version to share soon!

Offline Myaanz

Will there also be a cream colorway? Would be perfect with the EPBT Cool kids caps :)

Offline fabijolo

• I like expensive plastic.
Oh yeah, I'm really digging it, especially in the combination with the green bottom it look very aesthetically pleasing, gj :thumb:

Offline Chobo

That would be a dream come true lol

Offline Myaanz

Does anyone know if there will be space to put foam in the board? Really like how that sounds with linear switches.

Offline tiffgu123

Take my money... I would love to buy the gray one.

Offline villagepillage

Show Image

What are those lines of powder on the side? 🤔

scratch marks from an oldcat. i had the same idea running through my head lol

Dang thanks for the clarification.... now i realize it does feel like some special powder

But hey this is the wildcat Deskmat haha
That special powder helped you create those renders so quick lol

Offline FlitzDeelman

Hey oldcat, just wanted to ask if this design comes with a USB-C daughterboard? I just saw the Polaris having an issue with the usb port due to its gasket mount design (https://www.reddit.com/r/MechanicalKeyboards/comments/h7gofy/polaris_owners_usb_port_stress/),
will this be an issue too or not?

[Edited for readability.]

Oldcat, I saw this post and your immediate reply a few posts below that. Your reply was that you have a different design to the Polaris, and you are awaiting prototypes to confirm there isn't a similar issue.

I looked for a follow-up reply about this after you received prototypes. However, this thread is now 19 pages long, so it's a bit hard to search. (Please point out the obvious way of searching if I'm missing it.)

Did you ever revisit this and test it again?
« Last Edit: Fri, 19 June 2020, 06:56:01 by FlitzDeelman »

Offline Hangos

No ISO layout?  :D

Offline oldcat

• 65% is Life
Hey oldcat, just wanted to ask if this design comes with a USB-C daughterboard? I just saw the Polaris having an issue with the usb port due to its gasket mount design (https://www.reddit.com/r/MechanicalKeyboards/comments/h7gofy/polaris_owners_usb_port_stress/),
will this be an issue too or not?

[Edited for readability.]

Oldcat, I saw this post and your immediate reply a few posts below that. Your reply was that you have a different design to the Polaris, and you are awaiting prototypes to confirm there isn't a similar issue.

I looked for a follow-up reply about this after you received prototypes. However, this thread is now 19 pages long, so it's a bit hard to search. (Please point out the obvious way of searching if I'm missing it.)

Did you ever revisit this and test it again?

It’s been tested and there is no such issue as shown on Polaris (which itself isn’t really a serious issue I believe unless you smash the keys, but be assured it does not appear at all with thinkv2). I will show how much the gaskets will cover soon, issue with Polaris isn’t really the gaskets, but lack of gaskets on the sides and towards the edges I would surmise

Offline Roddin

OMG OLDCAT. THE PIC ARE JUST TOO AWESOME!!! the lime green and purple theme is crazy

Offline FlitzDeelman

[Not quoting again, nested quoting gets a bit bulky.]

Thanks for the answer Oldcat. Your reasoning seems sound to me as an outsider.

As long as it’s been considered, I’m happy!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline oldcat

• 65% is Life
[Not quoting again, nested quoting gets a bit bulky.]

Thanks for the answer Oldcat. Your reasoning seems sound to me as an outsider.

As long as it’s been considered, I’m happy!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks! As it will be publicly tested via one or more live streams, I am sure it will be discussed and tested during the stream given this appears to be an important issue for gasket mount boards.

Offline oldcat

• 65% is Life
Received some good feedback regarding the Unit-01, and I think purple top - black bottom - green badge will make a better sense, since it will be more compatible with other sets, such as Laser, 2600, and more.

For the regular colorways, will do some simple math, perhaps combine some "duplicated colorways" (e.g., black-pink and pink-black) into one. Will share the results sometime next week.

Here are some renders for the updated Unit-01 colorway:

Offline jo h n

Latin alphas look amazing with it too, pity they won't be available :(

Offline Abhorrent Cell

As much as I like the bold green bottom, black makes the green keyset accents pop more. I'm down. +1 to an EVA badge, but still down without.