Author Topic: [GB] KKINGKKONG 660 Keyboard | closed  (Read 135008 times)

Offline argot

Re: [GB] KKINGKKONG 660 Keyboard | closed
« Reply #450 on: Mon, 28 September 2020, 18:53:10 »
Guys, or maybe he just straight up used the cheapest shipping option without the tracking(which there is no tracking info and might be easy to get lost).. And now he's disappeared beacuse we scared the **** out of him. This is the most possible scenario imo.

To be fair to those who have filed disputes, most of them just wanted transparency/actual answers. I haven't filed yet, but I also would be lying if I said most of the contact here was suspect. For example, early on when the other SK native made claims against his character, his response didn't give me any confidence. It seemed like he was offering up evidence that didn't match. Specifically, the showing of a website that looks like it would take a few hours (at most) to spin up gave me a lot of doubt. That type of behavior, in people I've dealt with, lines up with the claims being made. I'm not meaning to judge his character as I don't know him. I can imagine a trustworthy person just making a lot of mistakes under stress. I'm hoping all of this gets sorted out, but I think if at any point he just laid everything bare then people would be more understanding.

Offline aprades96

« Reply #451 on: Tue, 29 September 2020, 06:47:17 »
Okay i filed a dispute, I'm not trusting Chanmin anymore.

Offline truffleoil911

« Reply #452 on: Tue, 29 September 2020, 17:44:35 »
I made a discord channel if anyone is open to the idea of pooling information for the claims.
I won't be filing mine for another week, but I would rather be safe than sorry.
Updated Link: https://discord.gg/4nXfKC
« Last Edit: Fri, 02 October 2020, 13:22:41 by truffleoil911 »

Offline Chumbee

« Reply #453 on: Fri, 02 October 2020, 02:00:23 »
I made a discord channel if anyone is open to the idea of pooling information for the claims.
I won't be filing mine for another week, but I would rather be safe than sorry.
https://discord.gg/47TmgM

The invite expired for me. Do you mind posting it again please? or PM me on disc: Chumbee#4381

Offline Neveller

« Reply #454 on: Fri, 02 October 2020, 13:52:19 »
In case anyone is interested
Chanmin didn't bother replying to my paypal dispute so it automatically closed in my favor.

Really don't understand what he's trying to do :confused:
Wouldn't expect any updates either if he isn't even willing to reply to disputes

Offline josemannyadame

« Reply #455 on: Fri, 02 October 2020, 14:24:10 »
same here got my FULL refund from paypal, don't slack on the dispute this isn't worth it anymore
Mars 6.5 | TX60 Antique Bronze | Think 6.5 V2

Offline notverriegod

« Reply #456 on: Fri, 02 October 2020, 15:28:00 »
damn if he doesnt respond maybe I should file a dispute for the dgl tkl that I got into, lack of updates and no real communication leads me to believe that the dgl tkl is in the same boat as the 660.

Offline Awayhugepickle

« Reply #457 on: Fri, 02 October 2020, 19:14:43 »
No response from Chanmin for me either, I received a full refund. I suggest everyone else go ahead and do the same. RIP KKINGKKONG 660

Offline notverriegod

« Reply #458 on: Fri, 02 October 2020, 19:47:58 »
i guess we could put this in the same category as mech27

Offline X_point

« Reply #459 on: Sat, 03 October 2020, 04:38:42 »

Really? I ve seen some mech27 around some meetups iirc.. that failed too ?

Offline aprades96

« Reply #460 on: Sat, 03 October 2020, 12:56:22 »
someone that got refund can tell me if you manually elevated dispute to PayPal? there's a message saying that if case doesn't get resolved it will close itself automatically in October 19th

Offline frostfiree

« Reply #461 on: Sat, 03 October 2020, 13:05:36 »

Really? I ve seen some mech27 around some meetups iirc.. that failed too ?

Only some of the boards shipped, I think the runner ran out of money and then just ghosted the GB.
Jane V2 | Jane V2 CE | Thermal | Kei | GSKT-00 | Duck Orion V3 | U80 | Salvation | 378 | HHKB | Cloudline | Bias | TKL One | Kaze | Jane V2 ME

Offline Neveller

« Reply #462 on: Sat, 03 October 2020, 15:19:20 »
someone that got refund can tell me if you manually elevated dispute to PayPal? there's a message saying that if case doesn't get resolved it will close itself automatically in October 19th

Yeah I escalated my dispute after a day or so
Seeing as you probably won't get a reply from chanmin either I'd suggest anyone that files a dispute to do the same

And if chanmin decides to fess up he'll have 10 days even after you escalate to reply to the dispute
« Last Edit: Sat, 03 October 2020, 15:21:17 by Neveller »

Offline Poesjuh

« Reply #463 on: Sat, 03 October 2020, 15:22:25 »
I got refund in full about 5 days after the escalation. At this moment in time it seems that he replies to zero disputes and zero escalations. So just dispute and escalate and likely you'll get money back. I do wonder in what position that leaves them though.

Offline Tree_

« Reply #464 on: Sun, 04 October 2020, 20:05:31 »
Here's hoping someone, someday runs a more budget conscious 660 again with pink cerakote, haha.

Nearly done with this s**t, it's clear that chanmin doesn't care that everyone's putting in disputes from his complete lack of response. Happy to post a photo of a weight in the DGL thread a week ago yet can't even muster up a comment here to quell the refund situation

Offline swagcameleon

« Reply #465 on: Mon, 05 October 2020, 06:22:39 »
Just filled my dispute, i wanted to wait a bit more, but since almost everybody did it, then i shall follow !

But i'm really disappointed in the GB...

Offline dasdingo

« Reply #466 on: Mon, 05 October 2020, 21:07:09 »
I got refund too

Offline Curin Derwin

« Reply #467 on: Tue, 06 October 2020, 04:19:46 »
Chanmin, I hope you are well. What's going on? Did keyboards ship out on time?

Offline aprades96

« Reply #468 on: Tue, 06 October 2020, 05:54:53 »
You didn't read the post, did you? hahaha

Offline argot

« Reply #469 on: Tue, 06 October 2020, 06:10:43 »
Just for sake of keeping track of how many have filed, I did so this morning.

Offline chriszhu

• (* ̄(エ) ̄*)''
« Reply #470 on: Tue, 06 October 2020, 10:23:07 »
Filed the dispute, escalated and received my refund.
No longer following this thread ;(

Offline chanmin kang

« Reply #471 on: Wed, 07 October 2020, 21:58:24 »
Hello. The work that was delayed due to the holiday period is being completed, and the work is scheduled to be completed by next week and then shipped after next week.

Offline Tree_

« Reply #472 on: Wed, 07 October 2020, 22:18:35 »
Does this include the boards for the first 20 buyers?

Does this include cerakoted boards?

Offline ThomDanks

« Reply #473 on: Wed, 07 October 2020, 22:39:09 »
Hello. The work that was delayed due to the holiday period is being completed, and the work is scheduled to be completed by next week and then shipped after next week.

Living in Korea, you should have known about the holiday.  The entire country basically stops working for a week, yet you still opted a ship date for a time within the holiday.  At this point I dont see how anyone here could possibly trust this.

Offline Neveller

« Reply #474 on: Thu, 08 October 2020, 01:08:42 »

People are refunding left and right and after almost a month of silence chanmin comes in and this is all he has to say
 :-X

Offline Tree_

« Reply #475 on: Thu, 08 October 2020, 01:42:40 »
It's pretty bonkers. I held off on the dispute because of the public holidays to see if anything would come of it; crazy to see that chanmin has replied with what essentially comes off as a total lack of care towards peoples concerns and the usual one liner on the boards seemingly nearing completion.

I won't lie though: I'll stick it out if he can honestly get the boards shipped in the next two weeks (But does this even include my cerakoted board?).

Offline lovidore

« Reply #476 on: Thu, 08 October 2020, 03:50:59 »
Edit - removing an unnecessary snide remark I made at the height of my emotions. Apologies to Chanmin and all.
« Last Edit: Fri, 09 October 2020, 08:37:14 by lovidore »

Offline chanmin kang

« Reply #477 on: Thu, 08 October 2020, 04:53:25 »
In the schedule we posted a while ago, it was stated that anodizing would be completed by September 27th.
On September 28th, we received an anodized keyboard, which is the picture below.

There were a number of photos that could not be updated because anodizing was in progress.
After receipt, we proceeded to assemble for video and photography. At this time, I found a solid line on the bottom of the keyboard.
This meant that sandblasting to remove the endmill marks was not completely done.

This is the current anodizing picture after reprocessing has been completed. There was no solidline here.

Because the Korean holiday season and the schedule of the anodizing company overlapped, the manufacturer's revisit was late. And we should have updated this, but we couldn't. I'm really sorry.

We were really grateful for participating in a lot unexpectedly beyond the quantity we produced in advance, We were inexperienced at coordinating time with processors and anodizing companies.
There were many mistakes in the middle process because I didn't have much experience in conducting a large amount of groupbuy.

I admit to the fault of the update. So, in order to quickly and accurately update the future progress in real time, we opened the Discord channel.
We will be updating photos, videos and more here. This channel will be created today and invitations will be sent by email.

We ask for your understanding of those who have been waiting, and we apologize for not being able to update the holidays and schedule issues with the processing company.

Offline Poesjuh

« Reply #478 on: Thu, 08 October 2020, 11:31:32 »
aaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhh

a long post with an update but still missing that one crucial thing reeeeeeeeeee
Answer our questions about boards actually being shipped... triggered

Offline Stefkeys

« Reply #479 on: Sun, 11 October 2020, 13:37:57 »
With all these disputed orders looks like there might be a bunch of extras if they legit have the keyboards. Don't know who would trust them enough to buy an extra though.

Offline Havattack

« Reply #480 on: Sun, 11 October 2020, 13:47:53 »
I'd buy an extra..Long as it's through PayPal. I dont trust this seller, but i trust paypal.

Offline Poesjuh

« Reply #481 on: Sun, 11 October 2020, 15:09:03 »
I mean, I would consider buying it again if Chanmin just ships it... although at this moment in time I’d rather not have a silver one anymore since I recently acquired two silver boards :P

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline Tree_

« Reply #482 on: Sun, 11 October 2020, 16:23:59 »

Looking forward to your update today on the completion of the boards.

Any chance you would care to answer these questions?

Offline aprades96

« Reply #483 on: Tue, 13 October 2020, 19:33:32 »
Finally PayPal gave me my money back, hope all of you can refund and get his/her money back. I stop following this cursed GB.

Offline Awayhugepickle

« Reply #484 on: Wed, 14 October 2020, 07:07:18 »
I am glad I got out of this. The fact is, even if I had gotten this board, I would just be reminded of this stupid crap every time I looked at it. But uh, dudes, what if we all still got the board? Like this guy was some how so unbelievably unorganized that he ended up shipping boards to some of us who have already filed disputes and gotten our money back. I honestly think that it will happen. I'll be checking back in over the next few months to see what's going on. I am a bit surprised Chanmin had nothing to say about all the disputes being fired off. Oh well.

Offline stoffelduss

« Reply #485 on: Fri, 16 October 2020, 05:47:39 »
I'd buy an extra if there is one now lol.

Offline Tree_

« Reply #486 on: Sat, 17 October 2020, 16:14:44 »
Black and Gray boards have completed re-ano according to Chanmin on Discord:

Have asked for more info on what this means (Are these ready to ship, status of other boards, etcetc) and if he can post an update here - No answer, as per normal.

Offline Tree_

« Reply #487 on: Sat, 24 October 2020, 18:32:51 »

Looking forward to your update today on the completion of the boards.

Any chance you would care to answer these questions?

It's now the week after "after next week".

I haven't received shipping confirmation.

Where the ****s my keyboard?

Offline Curin Derwin

« Reply #488 on: Sat, 24 October 2020, 22:42:10 »
I want to make mention of something here: it does not sit well that the springs that were sent early to buyers for "early review" were placed in the shipment line for tracking on the invoice. It also does not sit well that the tracking number of my package does not match the tracking number placed inside of the PayPal invoice. I think it's dishonest to mark the invoice shipped days after payment for a minor item in a larger project. It also requires an explanation to case investigators should someone seek to file a dispute claim.

I petition that marking early shipments of minor items on a major order on PayPal invoices is, moving forward, a flag for review. This is not buyer-centric and highly sus'.
« Last Edit: Sat, 24 October 2020, 23:20:27 by Curin Derwin »

Offline X_point

« Reply #489 on: Sun, 25 October 2020, 23:28:35 »
Filed dispute and got the refund. Took about 10 days for Paypal to close the case in customer favor. Guessing they must have started blacklisting this account.

Pity tho. Really wanted the board. The 660 Curse continues  :))

Offline Tree_

« Reply #490 on: Mon, 26 October 2020, 17:42:05 »

But for real after giving Chanmin a bit of leeway despite this being an absolute ****fest, Sunday is November 1st and that's as long as I'm waiting. Hope you've got the boards shipped out this week, :).

Offline Tree_

« Reply #491 on: Tue, 27 October 2020, 03:39:48 »

Offline bluuz

« Reply #492 on: Tue, 27 October 2020, 04:01:38 »
I want to make mention of something here: it does not sit well that the springs that were sent early to buyers for "early review" were placed in the shipment line for tracking on the invoice. It also does not sit well that the tracking number of my package does not match the tracking number placed inside of the PayPal invoice. I think it's dishonest to mark the invoice shipped days after payment for a minor item in a larger project. It also requires an explanation to case investigators should someone seek to file a dispute claim.

I petition that marking early shipments of minor items on a major order on PayPal invoices is, moving forward, a flag for review. This is not buyer-centric and highly sus'.

And yet people are lining up to buy extras. Vote with your wallets, this hobby is never going to improve if we continue to encourage and fund shady GBs like this.

Offline Awayhugepickle

« Reply #493 on: Thu, 29 October 2020, 09:32:30 »

And yet people are lining up to buy extras. Vote with your wallets, this hobby is never going to improve if we continue to encourage and fund shady GBs like this.

This is basically why I got out of this thing earlier. I don't think group buy practices like this should be supported in anyway shape or form. I'm new to the community so I don't have a ton of experience here but there is no way that supporting someone like this is healthy for this hobby.

Offline Tree_

« Reply #494 on: Sat, 31 October 2020, 18:14:45 »
I emailed Chanmin early last week asking for answers about the progress of cerakoted boards and when everything will be shipped in general and requested a response by today (Currently Sunday morning in Australia), I haven't received one.

I've lodged a Paypal dispute. Finally done with this ****.

Offline shodid

« Reply #495 on: Sun, 01 November 2020, 22:49:05 »
Did anyone notice in the last video how the coffee was still smokin hot even though the mug was pretty much empty? That dude must like his coffee super hot to keep him warm during the long monsoon holiday season.

Offline Tree_

« Reply #496 on: Thu, 05 November 2020, 16:06:59 »
Just an update for those not on the Discord:

- Chanmin hasn't posted anything for nearly two weeks.
- Those who tried to email him directly for answers still haven't received a reply.
- At least 4-5 people have successfully received a Paypal refund since Chanmin's last 'update'.

Offline Tropea

« Reply #497 on: Wed, 11 November 2020, 11:50:36 »
Anyone in the discord have an update?

Offline Chumbee

« Reply #498 on: Wed, 11 November 2020, 12:20:11 »
Anyone in the discord have an update?

No update....

Offline Tree_

« Reply #499 on: Wed, 11 November 2020, 14:49:52 »
The only update since my post on the 5th is that more people have filed PayPal disputes.