Author Topic: Alienware X51 display outputs  (Read 8253 times)

Offline HolidaySHRIMP

Alienware X51 display outputs
« on: Tue, 27 March 2012, 22:20:12 »
So looking at getting the Alienware X51.  At $1000 it's not too bad of a deal considering the size.  I know I can build a better PC for cheaper, however, I am attracted by this computers size.  Also I make enough money and can't be bothered to shop for parts and put it together anymore.  I just can't be bothered.

I would put it right under my monitor elevation platform right next to my XBox and it would look rather dashing.  Tired of having computers on the ground because they pick up so much more dust.

My question is does it have 1x or 2x DVI out?  Spoke to Dell Support (LOL) and they said it only has one but on videos and pictures I am seeing two DVI.  This is a huge point for me because I plan to have 2x DVI -> Dell U2312HM, and 1x HDMI to 40" Sony TV mounted above both monitors.

Does anyone own this computer?  

Side note, I plan to only play League of Legends and Diablo 3 so BF3 maxed out is not my concern.

Offline chel-

« Reply #1 on: Tue, 27 March 2012, 22:55:10 »
I dont know but just a quick search and I found these specs for the video card http://www.geforce.com/hardware/desktop-gpus/geforce-gt-545-oem-gddr5/specifications

Offline ekw808

• ** Moderator Emeritus
  • Ekw
« Reply #2 on: Fri, 06 April 2012, 10:40:27 »
Only appeal for me in the Alienware is their wiring system.
[One Keyboard at a time]

My Heatware Please comment, and I will do the same =D 

Offline ChaoticKinesis

« Reply #3 on: Tue, 10 April 2012, 17:04:12 »
Regardless of whether it has 2x DVI or not, you cannot hook up 2x DVI + 1x HDMI to any of the older Nvidia cards. These cards are limited to 2 simultaneous video outputs. The only way you would be able to hook up 3 monitors to that computer is if it provides a video out for the CPU's integrated video, in addition to the outputs from the video card. Somehow, I have a hard time believing that Dell systems would allow end-users that degree of flexibility.

Connecting 3 monitors to one video card is only possible with ATI/AMD cards, using Eyefinity, or with the new Nvidia GTX 680.

Offline anselben

« Reply #4 on: Wed, 11 April 2012, 00:12:12 »
My gf owns this computer, with the gtx 555 card. There are 2 DVI ports and one mini hdmi port. I built my own, but it's a pretty nice little machine, and plays all the games she wants to so she's happy.