Author Topic: What's Bothering You? (The thread about what is bothering you.)  (Read 4155985 times)

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
Re: What's Bothering You? (The thread about what is bothering you.)
« Reply #24900 on: Thu, 14 June 2018, 05:54:17 »
One of my coworkers has been talking to himself (fairly loudly) since he got here, it's a mix of cussing, grunting, mumbling and asking questions (again to himself).

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Offline rioc

• Very Text - 键盘上瘾 ____rioc industries ink.
« Reply #24901 on: Thu, 14 June 2018, 06:09:25 »
One of my coworkers has been talking to himself (fairly loudly) since he got here, it's a mix of cussing, grunting, mumbling and asking questions (again to himself).

wait, you work in my office? ;)

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
  • OmniExpert of: Rice, Top-Ramen, Ergodox, n Females
« Reply #24902 on: Thu, 14 June 2018, 06:51:43 »

wait, you work in my office? ;)

It's one of those times where, you think.... mayyybe gun ownership/rights  NOT so gud' idea.

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #24903 on: Thu, 14 June 2018, 16:50:41 »

I do this too, helps me think more logically when I talk to my work. That's what headphones are for.

Offline xtrafrood

• formerly csmertx
  • * Elevated Elder
  • wildling
« Reply #24904 on: Thu, 14 June 2018, 22:34:35 »
OHHHH 2.20:1/70mm.. doh. Now I understand :))

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #24905 on: Sat, 16 June 2018, 20:00:50 »
When someone does something that only they could have done then they get combative when confronted with it, flat out denying any involvement.

Offline rich1051414

« Reply #24906 on: Sat, 16 June 2018, 23:39:02 »
There was this guy in school who always 'tried' to bully me. Eventually I got fed up, so I dealt with it. I would steal things, hide it in his locker, and then rat on him to friends telling them that 'you didn't hear it from me'. After doing this about 5 times, he got expelled.
Be careful with the 'it could only be them' assumptions.

Oh, and I am not a bad person, I just don't take **** laying down :)
Siig Minitouch with Orange Alps, Whitefox 60% Zealios 67g, Realforce 87U 55g Topre, LFK SMK/Alps TKL With SMK 2nd Gen Cherry MX mount switches, NEC APC-H412 NEC Blue Ovals, Unicomp Model-M Spacesaver, XMIT Hall Effect, WASD Code Cherry MX Clear, KBDFans75 Lubed Gateron Greens, Azio MGK L80 Kailh Brown, XD84 Pale Blue Box Kailh, NIB Pingmaster TMK Converted, KPrepublic XD96 Blue aluminum case with Jade Box Kailh

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #24907 on: Sat, 16 June 2018, 23:46:05 »
When someone does something that only they could have done then they get combative when confronted with it, flat out denying any involvement.

Spamray's hamburgers too delicious..

All coworkers stealz..

Offline xtrafrood

• formerly csmertx
  • * Elevated Elder
  • wildling
« Reply #24908 on: Sun, 17 June 2018, 10:07:54 »

Spamray's hamburgers too delicious..

All coworkers stealz..

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #24909 on: Sun, 17 June 2018, 19:31:09 »
well this was motivating  :blank:

and so the unemployment journey continues

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #24910 on: Sun, 17 June 2018, 19:36:49 »
well this was motivating  :blank:
Show Image

and so the unemployment journey continues

Pot dealer..  hurd it's good..

Offline ANightOnCloudNine

« Reply #24911 on: Mon, 18 June 2018, 05:35:28 »
I think I've been developing insomnia in the past handful of months and it's getting worse.

Offline mudcakehoney

« Reply #24912 on: Mon, 18 June 2018, 05:52:05 »
I think I've been developing insomnia in the past handful of months and it's getting worse.
I’ve suffered insomnia for over 15 years now, it’s not fun but you learn to live and adapt I promise. If anything it teaches you how to function ‘normally’ through sheer exhaustion. Not a bad skill for travelling and long drives ;)

Good luck man

« Reply #24913 on: Mon, 18 June 2018, 06:00:38 »
I’ve suffered insomnia for over 15 years now, it’s not fun but you learn to live and adapt I promise. If anything it teaches you how to function ‘normally’ through sheer exhaustion. Not a bad skill for travelling and long drives ;)

Good luck man
Thanks, it's weird because being online and all my friends are offline it puts me in a bad mental head space when combined with my depression. I like to constantly be by someones side when I'm awake whether it be IRL or online.

Offline rioc

• Very Text - 键盘上瘾 ____rioc industries ink.
« Reply #24914 on: Mon, 18 June 2018, 06:02:55 »

Good luck man
Thanks, it's weird because being online and all my friends are offline it puts me in a bad mental head space when combined with my depression. I like to constantly be by someones side when I'm awake whether it be IRL or online.

I can suggest a polyphasic sleep schedule. It'll take some time to find out the schedule best suited for yourself, but it's gonna be a better solution than trying to stick to standard sleep patterns

Offline mudcakehoney

« Reply #24915 on: Mon, 18 June 2018, 06:09:13 »

Good luck man

Beauty of the internet is there are no time zones in international communities. But I get the need to not be alone. I do recommend doing some study on insomnia and dedicating some time to finding a pattern that works for you.

Offline Blaise170

• * Esteemed Elder
  • ALPS キーボード
    • XYZ
« Reply #24916 on: Mon, 18 June 2018, 08:22:51 »
I have untreated sleep apnea. I've been dealing with sheer exhaustion for years and finally got fed up with it and got tested a couple of weeks ago. Apnea induced narcolepsy is not only extremely annoying, but also extremely dangerous (I have fallen asleep while driving before). I can't wait until my next appointment so I can finally treat it and hopefully live a normal life.
I proxy anything including keyboards (キーボード / 鍵盤), from both Japan (日本) and China (中國). For more information, you may visit my dedicated webpage here: https://www.keyboards.es/proxying.html

View my current and past keyboards here: https://deskthority.net/wiki/User:Blaise170

Online pixelpusher

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #24917 on: Wed, 20 June 2018, 12:52:15 »
I have untreated sleep apnea. I've been dealing with sheer exhaustion for years and finally got fed up with it and got tested a couple of weeks ago. Apnea induced narcolepsy is not only extremely annoying, but also extremely dangerous (I have fallen asleep while driving before). I can't wait until my next appointment so I can finally treat it and hopefully live a normal life.

I have a good friend who has the exact same.  He cannot drive anywhere other than work and nearby stores b/c he will fall asleep.  I don't know anything about you, but this friend has always been overweight and just in the past week (after having sudden issues with being extremely thirsty and having severe leg cramps) he found out his blood sugar levels were off the charts.  He tested at a1c level of 14.  Yikes.

Also, thanks for the yellow alps.  Got them in the mail the other day.  Interesting force curve on the spring.  Now I have to decide what to do with them :)

Offline Blaise170

• * Esteemed Elder
  • ALPS キーボード
    • XYZ
« Reply #24918 on: Wed, 20 June 2018, 13:15:42 »
I've always had a high metabolism so I've never worried that much about blood sugar. Though, if I spike my glucose too fast it does make me sleepy (drinking energy drinks that are not sugar free actually make me more tired instead of less). That's kind of an issue for everyone though.
I proxy anything including keyboards (キーボード / 鍵盤), from both Japan (日本) and China (中國). For more information, you may visit my dedicated webpage here: https://www.keyboards.es/proxying.html

View my current and past keyboards here: https://deskthority.net/wiki/User:Blaise170

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #24919 on: Wed, 20 June 2018, 16:55:40 »

I have a good friend who has the exact same.  He cannot drive anywhere other than work and nearby stores b/c he will fall asleep.  I don't know anything about you, but this friend has always been overweight and just in the past week (after having sudden issues with being extremely thirsty and having severe leg cramps) he found out his blood sugar levels were off the charts.  He tested at a1c level of 14.  Yikes.

Also, thanks for the yellow alps.  Got them in the mail the other day.  Interesting force curve on the spring.  Now I have to decide what to do with them :)

a1c @ 14..  this dude gonna die if hardcore intervention isn't taken.

Online pixelpusher

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #24920 on: Wed, 20 June 2018, 17:24:42 »

a1c @ 14..  this dude gonna die if hardcore intervention isn't taken.

Yep. The scary thing is that it took him this long to notice.  He's the 3rd friend of mine to be diagnosed with diabetes in just this year.  The epidemic is vast. 

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #24921 on: Wed, 20 June 2018, 17:35:17 »

Yep. The scary thing is that it took him this long to notice.  He's the 3rd friend of mine to be diagnosed with diabetes in just this year.  The epidemic is vast. 

Low Carb ?

Online pixelpusher

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #24922 on: Wed, 20 June 2018, 17:43:24 »

Low Carb ?

Yep.  Low carb.  High fiber.  I try my best to eat healthy, but I break down and eat sugar quite often.  Let's hope I'm not the next one to be diagnosed.

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #24923 on: Wed, 20 June 2018, 17:46:29 »

Low Carb ?

Yep.  Low carb.  High fiber.  I try my best to eat healthy, but I break down and eat sugar quite often.  Let's hope I'm not the next one to be diagnosed.

Offline xtrafrood

• formerly csmertx
  • * Elevated Elder
  • wildling
« Reply #24924 on: Thu, 21 June 2018, 11:41:23 »
I keep going back to have a listen from music of my past and it's like listening to the morning news.

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #24925 on: Thu, 21 June 2018, 11:56:25 »
I keep going back to have a listen from music of my past and it's like listening to the morning news.

Life sux0rz now,  all the good stuff has passed.. it's like this from here on out.. sigh.......................................................

Offline mason

• have fun with her, ryan
« Reply #24926 on: Thu, 21 June 2018, 20:43:45 »
uuuuugh I got outbid on this car. Two months ago I had the chance to pay the asking price but I didn't and today it sold for over the asking price :(

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #24927 on: Thu, 21 June 2018, 21:51:09 »
uuuuugh I got outbid on this car. Two months ago I had the chance to pay the asking price but I didn't and today it sold for over the asking price :(

Time to finally get dat porsche boxter .. ??

Offline fanpeople

« Reply #24928 on: Fri, 22 June 2018, 02:19:48 »

Time to finally get dat porsche boxter .. ??

You mean Suzuki Jimny

Offline suicidal_orange

• * Global Moderator
« Reply #24929 on: Fri, 22 June 2018, 04:27:32 »

Interesting, your journey was death metal (guessing, don't watch the news but everytime I catch a bit someone's dead) to [something positive]?  Mine was pop-punk to metal and it's a good metaphore for my life - fast, simple and optimistic to slower, complex and bleak.  It's fun to go back but doesn't change anything.
120/100g linear Zealio R1  
GMK Hyperfuse
'Split everything' perfection  
MX Clear
SA Hack'd by Geeks     
EasyAVR mod

Offline xtrafrood

• formerly csmertx
  • * Elevated Elder
  • wildling
« Reply #24930 on: Fri, 22 June 2018, 06:52:23 »

Interesting, your journey was death metal (guessing, don't watch the news but everytime I catch a bit someone's dead) to [something positive]?  Mine was pop-punk to metal and it's a good metaphore for my life - fast, simple and optimistic to slower, complex and bleak.  It's fun to go back but doesn't change anything.

Close enough. Lots of indie hip hop and grungy punk rock. It is fun to go back to some of the songs.

Offline ygor

• eat a butt, monkey lord
« Reply #24931 on: Fri, 22 June 2018, 08:30:37 »
Doctors found a tumor in my close friend's brain, they're operating in an hour. Keeping positive.
I generally hate all keycaps. Keycaps are for poofs. Real men touchtype on stems. Non-functional artisans are awesome, I use them for the ESC key ... escape is for cowards anyways, real men go frontal assault.

Offline xtrafrood

• formerly csmertx
  • * Elevated Elder
  • wildling
« Reply #24932 on: Fri, 22 June 2018, 08:39:02 »
Doctors found a tumor in my close friend's brain, they're operating in an hour. Keeping positive.

Jesus, best of luck to your friend

« Reply #24933 on: Fri, 22 June 2018, 16:49:41 »
good luck to your friend, he needs it

Offline romevi

• Formerly romevi
  • * Exalted Elder
« Reply #24934 on: Fri, 22 June 2018, 22:58:10 »

Ah, ygor; hoping and praying for the best, dude.

« Reply #24935 on: Sat, 23 June 2018, 02:24:22 »
a friend i care so much for did self harm and i feel like garbage

Offline suicidal_orange

• * Global Moderator
« Reply #24936 on: Sat, 23 June 2018, 03:50:30 »
Sorry to read this, I could offer some logical advice but it's not based on experience and I don't know your friend so it's not a good idea.  Just remember you didn't cause his problems and you didn't make him do it - it's not your fault he has free will :(
GMK Hyperfuse
MX Clear
SA Hack'd by Geeks     
EasyAVR mod

Offline Blaise170

• * Esteemed Elder
  • ALPS キーボード
    • XYZ
« Reply #24937 on: Sat, 23 June 2018, 09:02:59 »
Logic is a really **** way of dealing with self-harm (no offense intended here), much like other mental disorders.

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #24938 on: Sat, 23 June 2018, 09:15:53 »
Sorry to read this, I could offer some logical advice but it's not based on experience and I don't know your friend so it's not a good idea.  Just remember you didn't cause his problems and you didn't make him do it - it's not your fault he has free will :(

Go to the beach..  Drink some ice-tea.. Eat some watermelon..

Offline suicidal_orange

• * Global Moderator
« Reply #24939 on: Sat, 23 June 2018, 09:25:07 »
Logic is a really **** way of dealing with self-harm (no offense intended here), much like other mental disorders.

It would have been the logic of someone who's got issues and would do whatever regardless of any support his friends/family had offered, an attempt at explaining why. The hope would be that it would offer some comfort that nothing ANightOnCloudNine could have done would have changed anything so he has no reason to beat himself up for not preventing it.  But as I said I don't know the guy and he's not me, so there was no point.
GMK Hyperfuse
MX Clear
SA Hack'd by Geeks     
EasyAVR mod

« Reply #24940 on: Sat, 23 June 2018, 14:32:50 »
Logic in this case is the very worst thing to use, to add on top of his suicidal tendencies and depression he's got a myriad of other problems concerning mental health, sometimes I wish I could step into his mind so I can help him find the keys to help himself but all I get are peeps into his mind through pinholes.

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #24941 on: Sat, 23 June 2018, 15:23:55 »
I disagree. If someone can be truly pragmatic for a moment and consider the reasoning and outcome of why they are hurting themselves, many times breaking it down logically to the point your feelings can be put into a few mild sentences can really remove the edge of those feelings and shed a little ironic/comedic light on them. But that's not generally something another person can influence in you, it's something you need to learn to do yourself.

But yeah, breaking down the irrational into it's logical parts can be a powerful tool for laughing at your pain if you have thew wherewithal to look at it logically.

Offline Halverson

• Traitor Supreme
  • GIRLSHARK WIZBRO
« Reply #24942 on: Sat, 23 June 2018, 15:36:49 »
Logic in this case is the very worst thing to use, to add on top of his suicidal tendencies and depression he's got a myriad of other problems concerning mental health, sometimes I wish I could step into his mind so I can help him find the keys to help himself but all I get are peeps into his mind through pinholes.

Hope you’ve been doing well yourself

Offline xtrafrood

• formerly csmertx
  • * Elevated Elder
  • wildling
« Reply #24943 on: Sat, 23 June 2018, 16:08:05 »
:stopthemadnessgif:

Offline suicidal_orange

• * Global Moderator
« Reply #24944 on: Sat, 23 June 2018, 17:34:06 »
I can't communicate.  First I wrote lots to try and explain this but couldn't even write it so it makes sense to me.  Then I gave up and nearly posted nothing, but being such a defeatist bothered me.  I don't want sympathy and wouldn't believe that anyone understands the problem well enough to accept any advice, so what is the point of posting?  There isn't one, so I'm wasting my time.  This bothers me too :mad:

Early night time...
GMK Hyperfuse
MX Clear
SA Hack'd by Geeks     
EasyAVR mod

Offline Findecanor

« Reply #24946 on: Sun, 24 June 2018, 12:33:58 »
Apparently, I have been silently banned from HardForum for complaining about autoplaying videos.

No email, no message, just "The user account does not exist".

« Reply #24947 on: Sun, 24 June 2018, 12:57:46 »
Apparently, I have been silently banned from HardForum for complaining about autoplaying videos.

No email, no message, just "The user account does not exist".
lol

Offline Findecanor

« Reply #24948 on: Sun, 24 June 2018, 13:18:08 »
lol
There's nothing funny about that! I feel unjustly treated. I feel like punching someone.
« Last Edit: Sun, 24 June 2018, 13:45:09 by Findecanor »

Offline xtrafrood

• formerly csmertx
  • * Elevated Elder
  • wildling
« Reply #24949 on: Sun, 24 June 2018, 13:23:14 »
 :-X