Author Topic: Need to find soldering wick in Singapore  (Read 1534 times)

Offline berserkfan

• changing diapers is more fun than model f assembly
Need to find soldering wick in Singapore
« on: Wed, 14 May 2014, 02:56:10 »
UPDATE: THANKS TO PHOENIX1234 FROM VIETNAM, GOOT SOLDERING WICK FOUND AT SIM LIM TOWER.
IT REALLY SUCKED (FAILED TO SUCK), BY THE WAY. I AM INCREDIBLY ANNOYED.

Yeah, title says it all. I just don't believe it. I can't find soldering wick in Singapore at all. I've tried, believe me. I've tried.

Please, somebody, tell me where you get all the really good soldering and desoldering stuff in Singapore. I don't want to order from abroad and wait 3 weeks. It's ridiculous.

The most ridiculous thing? I asked at a major electronics chain, and none of the 'talents' had ever heard of soldering wick before. Everybody there, including supervisors in their 50s, did not know what soldering wick was. Not even after I described it and how it works.

A supervisor even had the nerve to tell me to try buying at Isetan. (Isetan is mainly a clothes retailer, btw.)
« Last Edit: Thu, 22 May 2014, 14:53:41 by berserkfan »
Most of the modding can be done on your own once you break through the psychological barriers.

Offline Larken

Re: Need to find soldering wick in Singapore
« Reply #1 on: Wed, 14 May 2014, 02:58:56 »
try koba electronics at Chinatown or almost any random store at sim lim tower.
| Ergodox #1 | Ergodox #2 |

Filco Majestouch Brown | Ducky 1087 Brown | Cherry G80-3494 Reds | Unicomp Ultra Classics | Cherry G80-8113 Clears |

Offline dashing_girlboy

« Reply #2 on: Wed, 14 May 2014, 08:41:46 »
If you're looking for Hakko stuff, go down to the basement of Sim Lim Tower. The first shop to your left (could be right, I cant remember exactly) sells them. ;)

Offline berserkfan

• changing diapers is more fun than model f assembly
« Reply #3 on: Thu, 15 May 2014, 10:17:22 »
thanks everybody! Will go asap. I have a project...
Most of the modding can be done on your own once you break through the psychological barriers.