Author Topic: [GB] Duck Viper/Eagle V2 Kustom Group Buy [Closed] - 2nd Batch Shipped  (Read 317727 times)

Offline Undone

Re: Duck Viper/Eagle V2 Kustom Group Buy [Closed]
« Reply #100 on: Tue, 29 November 2016, 12:09:46 »
I can't say that I understand the thought process behind limiting a group buy when you know there are customers willing to buy more.

nor do I understand starting a group buy at midnight

whatever, just not exactly happy with how that went
DS3 TKL | Pok3r | Atreus

Offline pace8500

Re: Duck Viper/Eagle V2 Kustom Group Buy
« Reply #101 on: Tue, 29 November 2016, 12:10:01 »
I noticed a number of duplicates on the list. Will these be removed?

With so much interest surely it has to be 1 per person.

There are numerous people who wanted more than one board.

Yeah I get that there are people that want more than one. But do you think that's the fairest way to operate considering there is so much interest in this group buy?

I had a quick scan and saw one user has at least 3!

I do think it is fair as the person has to go back and submit the form three times which could allow for the buy to fill up before they do. Ultimately it is the Group Buy runners decision.

It's certainly not fair on the people who missed out.

I bet some of those duplicates end up being sold for inflated prices as well. 

Offline Potage

• L'omelette du fromage
« Reply #102 on: Tue, 29 November 2016, 12:10:01 »
I'm in ! This will be my first Duck :D
HHKB Pro 2 | Winkeyless b.mini | Eagle v2

Offline iamtootallforthis

• Something a lot Funnier
  • * Global Moderator
  • I like green stuffs.
    • WTB/WTTF Thread
« Reply #103 on: Tue, 29 November 2016, 12:12:58 »

Yeah I get that there are people that want more than one. But do you think that's the fairest way to operate considering there is so much interest in this group buy?

I do think it is fair as the person has to go back and submit the form three times which could allow for the buy to fill up before they do. Ultimately it is the Group Buy runners decision.

No, you had the exact same opportunity they did to enter the sale and try to win a slot. But seeing them sold for inflated prices upsets me but it will only stop when people don't buy them for inflated prices.

Offline nsmechkb

« Reply #104 on: Tue, 29 November 2016, 12:13:17 »

Two people have three boards.  Another ~10 have two boards.  I agree with you, fruitless as that sentiment may be.

Offline wodan

« Reply #105 on: Tue, 29 November 2016, 12:14:16 »
Anyone shaming the people that bought two ... please consider this is a two keyboard GB!

As a collector, I am interested in owning one of each, there is no other way to achieve this than ordering twice. Smart people just used a different nick for their second submission ... lesson learned ;)

Offline mrboovn

« Reply #106 on: Tue, 29 November 2016, 12:15:21 »

is it a problem if someone want more than 1 ,and how you know they gonna flip it ?
OTD 356 mini- 360c-456GT-356CL DGE-DK Saver(ALPS Green) | Duck Eagle V1+V2-Viper V1+V2-Poker-Pad-Orion V2-Octagon V2-Lightsaver V2-Kingsaver | KMAC Happy(60%)-Happy HHKB |LZ GH -LZ MX Mini | 2x TGR-CE-2x TGR 910 | TX CP | Dolphin V2-GH Edition|EM7 GH|ENVKX|M5-92|E8-V1|Exent|Matrix Abel|VNMK MX-Mini | Cherry G80-5000HAMRB |Realforce 108UW Hi Pro-45g 55UW-HHKB
Octagon v2-LSV v2-KMAC 1.2-Blackbird

https://www.flickr.com/gp/97473780@N08/10mLE5

Offline romevi

• Formerly romevi
  • * Exalted Elder
« Reply #107 on: Tue, 29 November 2016, 12:16:53 »

is it a problem if someone want more than 1 ,and how you know they gonna flip it ?

That's pretty bogus. I was going to join this if I didn't win 910 yesterday, and would've been pretty peeved if I missed out because submitted three times in a row.

Offline pace8500

« Reply #108 on: Tue, 29 November 2016, 12:16:57 »

No, you had the exact same opportunity they did to enter the sale and try to win a slot. But seeing them sold for inflated prices upsets me but it will only stop when people don't buy them for inflated prices.

So if someone got in first and submitted 50 entries before the other 50 filled up would you consider that to be fair?

I don't agree with FCFS anyway as it doesn't give everyone a fair chance to enter. I'm from the UK and when I woke up the group buy had already been up for a while.

Offline romevi

• Formerly romevi
  • * Exalted Elder
« Reply #109 on: Tue, 29 November 2016, 12:22:15 »
Went and counted. Of the 105, 14 are duplicates, and 2 are triplicates.  :confused:

Offline hatran87

« Reply #110 on: Tue, 29 November 2016, 12:24:17 »
i hope that limit of 105 sets  and not 100 pls  :'(

Compact SQ by Leeku

Offline nsmechkb

« Reply #111 on: Tue, 29 November 2016, 12:25:09 »
Anyone shaming the people that bought two ... please consider this is a two keyboard GB!

As a collector, I am interested in owning one of each, there is no other way to achieve this than ordering twice. Smart people just used a different nick for their second submission ... lesson learned ;)

Nobody is shaming anyone.

Offline pace8500

« Reply #112 on: Tue, 29 November 2016, 12:25:41 »

It's not a problem. I'm just trying to state that it's probably not the fairest way to go about things considering how many people wanted in on this group buy.

Even now that I know you can enter multiple times I won't do so in the future out of respect for other people that want to take part and might miss out.

Offline mrboovn

« Reply #113 on: Tue, 29 November 2016, 12:28:59 »

It's not a problem. I'm just trying to state that it's probably not the fairest way to go about things considering how many people wanted in on this group buy.

Even now that I know you can enter multiple times I won't do so in the future out of respect for other people that want to take part and might miss out.
Viper  and Eagle are two different board,so why they can't join for 2 if they want bought.And some people ordered for friends to save the shipping code.
Also elton is too busy to RNG to pick 100 peoples from a pool of forms.
OTD 356 mini- 360c-456GT-356CL DGE-DK Saver(ALPS Green) | Duck Eagle V1+V2-Viper V1+V2-Poker-Pad-Orion V2-Octagon V2-Lightsaver V2-Kingsaver | KMAC Happy(60%)-Happy HHKB |LZ GH -LZ MX Mini | 2x TGR-CE-2x TGR 910 | TX CP | Dolphin V2-GH Edition|EM7 GH|ENVKX|M5-92|E8-V1|Exent|Matrix Abel|VNMK MX-Mini | Cherry G80-5000HAMRB |Realforce 108UW Hi Pro-45g 55UW-HHKB

Offline Zackfoo

« Reply #114 on: Tue, 29 November 2016, 12:31:13 »

Well. 2nd nick is not needed because you don't need to care what people say. Unless you feel guilty because you want to flip it.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Offline aaron6301

• Pixel Pusher
« Reply #115 on: Tue, 29 November 2016, 12:35:06 »

To be frank, you probably should have stalked the Blackbird GB like everyone else.

Offline Zackfoo

« Reply #116 on: Tue, 29 November 2016, 12:35:28 »
Went and counted. Of the 105, 14 are duplicates, and 2 are triplicates.  :confused:
There are 2 design. 2 colour. Make sense if getting 2. 3 however, let's just hope they don't buy to flip. Maybe for friend. Who knows.

Offline catweewee

• SINGA | singakbd.com
  • * Vendor
  • Yellows
« Reply #117 on: Tue, 29 November 2016, 12:36:56 »
Congrats to everyone who made it and that one guy from the country Fullerton.

Offline mrboovn

« Reply #118 on: Tue, 29 November 2016, 12:37:15 »

Lol you don't need second account.People cries in every GB ,even it FCFS or raffle.

Offline loud_asian

« Reply #119 on: Tue, 29 November 2016, 12:37:29 »
woop woop, I got one

I should have gotten 2
EM7 | Nunu | Virgo | Salamander | SS AEK64

Offline megaforce

« Reply #120 on: Tue, 29 November 2016, 12:38:29 »
Hmm unlucky that there was only ~100 spots. Hopefully Elton and Duck would be down for a second round of this :)

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Corsair K63 Wireless | Razer Huntsman Elite
More
Hokusai | Ogre| Yohane | Mc65 | Kaze | RBB
Former: LZ MX | LZ FE | LZ CLS TKL Silver |LZ CLS TKL Gray| LZ St | V.EA | Blackbird | LSV3 | OctagonV2 | Norbatouch | X60 | TX84 | Kyuu | SSK | 268.1| Jane CE | Corsair K95 | X60R | HHKB JP x JS HiPro | 910 CE |Nunu |Nunu FE | Jane V2 CE|Jane V2| RS (TKL)

Offline pace8500

« Reply #121 on: Tue, 29 November 2016, 12:40:04 »

Viper  and Eagle are two different board,so why they can't join for 2 if they want bought.And some people ordered for friends to save the shipping code.

There are a few instances of people choosing two of the same board.

And I'm sure there would be loads of volunteers to help out if it meant making it a better and fairer group buy.

Offline nsmechkb

« Reply #122 on: Tue, 29 November 2016, 12:45:00 »

And I'm sure there would be loads of volunteers to help out if it meant making it a better and fairer group buy.

These guys can't do anything about it, but maybe sending the group buy runner a polite request to run the R3 GB on a one-board-per-person basis would be productive--you know, when the current group buy excitement has died down.

Here's hoping for better luck next time!
« Last Edit: Tue, 29 November 2016, 12:47:00 by nsmechkb »

Offline Zackfoo

« Reply #123 on: Tue, 29 November 2016, 12:45:16 »

Better and fairer such as? Raffle is unfair for those that follow their news closely to get here and join asap. Fcfs is unfair like you said.

Offline pace8500

« Reply #124 on: Tue, 29 November 2016, 12:49:12 »

These guys can't do anything about it, but maybe sending the group buy runner a polite request to run the R3 GB on a one-board-per-person basis would be productive--you know, when the current group buy excitement has died down.

Agreed. I'm not very hopeful that It will be different next time but worth a shot!

Offline pace8500

« Reply #125 on: Tue, 29 November 2016, 12:52:39 »

Better and fairer such as? Raffle is unfair for those that follow their news closely to get here and join asap. Fcfs is unfair like you said.

It would be fairer as more people can enter. Surely you can see that?

Not everyone has the free time to refresh geekhack constantly. That doesn't mean that they don't want the board as much.

Offline -musubi

• Spam rice 'n eggs
« Reply #126 on: Tue, 29 November 2016, 12:53:09 »
Dang didn't make the cut, but to be expected since I was a few hours late :P probably for the better though as I've spent too much on GBs just this week...
« Last Edit: Tue, 29 November 2016, 14:28:13 by -musubi »

Offline Zackfoo

« Reply #127 on: Tue, 29 November 2016, 12:54:22 »

Not everyone has the free time to refresh geekhack constantly. That doesn't mean that they don't want the board as much.
But that is unfair for those that want both design. And how about those that want to save shipping so 1 order for 3 from his or hers country.

Offline pace8500

« Reply #128 on: Tue, 29 November 2016, 13:01:12 »

But that is unfair for those that want both design. And how about those that want to save shipping so 1 order for 3 from his or hers country.

We are clearly not going to agree so let's just leave it at that.

Offline Zackfoo

« Reply #129 on: Tue, 29 November 2016, 13:05:14 »

We are clearly not going to agree so let's just leave it at that.
Yup. That's how Gb was and is. To me, as long they don't get it just to flip I'm totally fine with him getting as much as he want.

Offline oatmicro

« Reply #130 on: Tue, 29 November 2016, 13:06:58 »
so...

how about the colors?

if the keyboard only have one design but there're still have colors option.

next time people gonna say "it's unfair for people who want both colors"

if there's still have an option, people gonna say the same way to take more than one.

even they have different design but it just an OPTION.

you shouldn't quote any options to take more than one.

just my opinion.

Offline aurora

• life
« Reply #131 on: Tue, 29 November 2016, 13:10:25 »
So ****ty that people are able to buy as many boards as they want.

Oh well maybe next time.

Offline yicaoyimu

« Reply #132 on: Tue, 29 November 2016, 13:12:48 »
Since when does group buy have to be *fair*? Get over it.
KMAC2 - Matrix Lab 8XV2.0 - TGR Jane v2 CE - KBD8X MKII - Meridian - Matrix Lab Noah - Fallacy x2 - MGA Standard - Geon Frog mini - Amano - Ciel60 - Prime_Elise - Matrix Lab 6XV3.0 aka Corsa

Offline merlin64

• MechMerlin
« Reply #133 on: Tue, 29 November 2016, 13:16:01 »
There's room for a weight. I got my work cut out for me.

Offline aaron6301

• Pixel Pusher
« Reply #134 on: Tue, 29 November 2016, 13:20:36 »
In for a plate!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G925A using Tapatalk

Offline viridius

« Reply #135 on: Tue, 29 November 2016, 13:21:39 »
If anyone who got in changes their mind, PM...  :(

Offline onmybikedrunk

• Danny Woods - Industrial Designer
« Reply #136 on: Tue, 29 November 2016, 13:22:45 »
Lol.  Keep em coming!  My Octagon feels fantastic - it would make a fantastic weapon.  Thanks Merlin!

Offline ramnes

• T fou, mec?
« Reply #137 on: Tue, 29 November 2016, 13:37:45 »
Woops, missed it. If someone doesn't want his spot anymore, please PM me.
23h18 - photekq: hhkb with silenced realforce sliders and lubricated well is
23h18 - photekq: the best switch i've used

Offline zoomwalt

« Reply #138 on: Tue, 29 November 2016, 13:42:41 »
So it looks like people prefer the Viper to the Eagle. Can someone explain what the mass appeal of the HHKB layout is?

Offline Slash Emperor

• Lust for life lost, keyboards acquired.
« Reply #139 on: Tue, 29 November 2016, 13:44:36 »
Oop, guess it'll just be a bit longer before I own my first Duck board, then. That's fine, already feel like I used up my life's luck in the TGR-910 raffle.

Offline phruitpie

« Reply #140 on: Tue, 29 November 2016, 13:49:26 »
So it looks like people prefer the Viper to the Eagle. Can someone explain what the mass appeal of the HHKB layout is?

Ctrl and Backspace are in much more optimal locations on the board.
Makes for less finger stretching and imo a more comfortable typing experience.

After using the HHKB for a long time I've also come to prefer the function arrow keys.
When typing on tkl now I feel like using the arrows is a chore.

Everything fits in its own neat little spot on the HHKB and topre is just the icing on top.
But to each his own :)

Offline dgneo

• Supervillain
  • * Curator
« Reply #141 on: Tue, 29 November 2016, 13:58:13 »
Beautiful boards as always!

Also ITT:

I can't say that I understand the thought process behind limiting a group buy when you know there are customers willing to buy more.

nor do I understand starting a group buy at midnight

whatever, just not exactly happy with how that went

You're aware that there are different timezones, right? No matter what time you start a buy, you're going to make someone upset from the opposite timezone.
« Last Edit: Tue, 29 November 2016, 14:08:16 by dgneo »

Offline Undone

« Reply #142 on: Tue, 29 November 2016, 14:27:59 »
You're aware that there are different timezones, right? No matter what time you start a buy, you're going to make someone upset from the opposite timezone.

You're aware this GB started at 9 PM EST, which is 2 AM in the UK, 3 AM in western Europe, 5 AM in Moscow, etc etc? Not a single one of these is a good time.
DS3 TKL | Pok3r | Atreus

Offline dgneo

• Supervillain
  • * Curator
« Reply #143 on: Tue, 29 November 2016, 14:31:00 »

You're aware this GB started at 9 PM EST, which is 2 AM in the UK, 3 AM in western Europe, 5 AM in Moscow, etc etc? Not a single one of these is a good time.

For you maybe? You also seem to have left off the West Coast of USA, which would be 6PM EST, seems like a pretty good time to me. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Offline -musubi

• Spam rice 'n eggs
« Reply #144 on: Tue, 29 November 2016, 14:32:49 »

For you maybe? You also seem to have left off the West Coast of USA, which would be 6PM EST, seems like a pretty good time to me. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

As a west coaster, I completely missed this as I was out at a long dinner hahah  :))

Offline iamtootallforthis

• Something a lot Funnier
  • * Global Moderator
  • I like green stuffs.
    • WTB/WTTF Thread
« Reply #145 on: Tue, 29 November 2016, 14:38:34 »

There is no great time for anyone ever. There will always be time zone differences.

Offline SevenU

• Grimace is Black
« Reply #146 on: Tue, 29 November 2016, 14:43:15 »
Didn't check GH for like 2 days and the only GB I wanted in on already ran and filled up FeelsBadMan

Sent from my KIW-L24 using Tapatalk

Something, Something, blah, blah, blahbitty, blah

Offline zoomwalt

« Reply #147 on: Tue, 29 November 2016, 14:47:06 »
Congrats to everyone who made it and that one guy from the country Fullerton.

That's me - Thanks bro.

Offline iNViSiBiLiTi

« Reply #148 on: Tue, 29 November 2016, 14:48:09 »

Honestly for me, it's the aesthetic.  It looks much different with the blockers than a regular 60% keyboard. 
60%: Prophet, GSKT-00 x2, Poly GSKT-00-Z, Weaven, Sangeo60, Unikorn R2.1, Ciel60

TKL: TGR Jane V2, Jane V2 CE, KFE, Noxary 280 S, Acrylic Unicorn, Igris V1, LZ-GHv2

Bulgogi Board (VA104M), Belle En Rose

Offline Captainbuttmonkey

« Reply #149 on: Tue, 29 November 2016, 14:59:47 »
I live in the UK and had pretty much no chance due to my time zone but submitted a form as soon as I woke up this morning. Obviously I can understand people here being a bit disappointed as it's a really nice board but some of the whinging is pretty OTT. I'm disappointed I didn't get in but sometimes that's just how it goes, hopefully I'll get in the next one  :)

TL;DR: Relax and quit moaning, keep an eye out for the next one