Author Topic: [IC] GMK Neon Gelatin Evangelism - On Hold  (Read 85066 times)

Offline donutcat

• * Vendor
  • I have ideas. Sometimes they're even good ideas.
    • Donut Cables
Re: [IC] GMK Neon Gelatin Evangelism - Mockups Back From GMK!
« Reply #200 on: Tue, 27 March 2018, 13:04:51 »
Not only that, we'd need to run it via MD, which is not something I'd do basically ever. For now we're trying to make novelties for the set that feel right for the inspiration and avoid any issues from anyone that actually has any sort of claim into what we're doing, legal or otherwise. Also, expect some changes to the novelty kit as we've decided to change it up a little due to some color imbalances and design hiccups.

Offline Blaise170

• * Esteemed Elder
  • ALPS キーボード
    • XYZ
« Reply #201 on: Tue, 27 March 2018, 14:08:51 »
You know, at first I wasn't really interested but after seeing your mockups on Deskthority I actually like it more than I expected. Depending on final price I would likely be interested in the set.
I proxy anything including keyboards (キーボード / 鍵盤), from both Japan (日本) and China (中國). For more information, you may visit my dedicated webpage here: https://www.keyboards.es/proxying.html

View my current and past keyboards here: https://deskthority.net/wiki/User:Blaise170

Offline donutcat

• * Vendor
    • Donut Cables
« Reply #202 on: Tue, 27 March 2018, 14:10:11 »
Figured I'd post these cause they look aweome

These are showing one of our wip novelty designs

Also, small note, I forgot to mention I'm adjusting split backspace to be "Backspace" instead of the big arrow, numpad/ will become ÷, and numpad* will become ×, just some small aesthetic updates.

You know, at first I wasn't really interested but after seeing your mockups on Deskthority I actually like it more than I expected. Depending on final price I would likely be interested in the set.

We're really hoping to hit a similar price point to GMK BoB seeing as we're keeping the base kit to only two colors.

Offline sth

• 2 girls 1 cuprubber
« Reply #203 on: Tue, 27 March 2018, 16:10:24 »
Figured I'd post these cause they look aweome
Show Image

Show Image

These are showing one of our wip novelty designs

Also, small note, I forgot to mention I'm adjusting split backspace to be "Backspace" instead of the big arrow, numpad/ will become ÷, and numpad* will become ×, just some small aesthetic updates.

We're really hoping to hit a similar price point to GMK BoB seeing as we're keeping the base kit to only two colors.

Will it be

Back
Space

or Backspace

?
11:48 -!- SmallFry [~SmallFry@unaffiliated/smallfry] has quit [Ping timeout: 245 seconds] ... rest in peace

Offline donutcat

• * Vendor
    • Donut Cables
« Reply #204 on: Tue, 27 March 2018, 16:15:37 »

Will it be

Back
Space

or Backspace

?

Hoping for Backspace since it should fit, but I haven't looked to see if it actually worked for other sets.

Offline sth

• 2 girls 1 cuprubber
« Reply #205 on: Tue, 27 March 2018, 18:22:36 »

Will it be

Back
Space

or Backspace

?

Hoping for Backspace since it should fit, but I haven't looked to see if it actually worked for other sets.

it may technically fit but the margins might be weird.
Back
Space
looks really good in the heavy industry renders :)
11:48 -!- SmallFry [~SmallFry@unaffiliated/smallfry] has quit [Ping timeout: 245 seconds] ... rest in peace

Offline WilySouser

• I would RTFM, but I can't find the FM
« Reply #206 on: Wed, 28 March 2018, 13:53:21 »
I don't fee like getting a C&D from Hasbro :P

For now we're trying to make novelties for the set that feel right for the inspiration and avoid any issues from anyone that actually has any sort of claim into what we're doing, legal or otherwise.

Fair enough.  Still digging it, I'll just have carve a Decepticon logo into a key :)

Offline amnesia0287

• Formerly Amnesia
« Reply #207 on: Wed, 28 March 2018, 16:53:57 »

For now we're trying to make novelties for the set that feel right for the inspiration and avoid any issues from anyone that actually has any sort of claim into what we're doing, legal or otherwise.

Fair enough.  Still digging it, I'll just have carve a Decepticon logo into a key :)

Lol. Me too... me too... I wish it was more doable. But hasbro has stacks of lawyers.

It’s much more what I think of when I see the colors too.

Offline avid

« Reply #208 on: Wed, 28 March 2018, 18:38:24 »

Lol. Me too... me too... I wish it was more doable. But hasbro has stacks of lawyers.

It’s much more what I think of when I see the colors too.

Have you tried to contact them and ask for permission, simular to the lambda symbol from valve for carbon.

Offline nu_types

• Formerly Iredeus
« Reply #209 on: Wed, 28 March 2018, 21:12:29 »
I've noticed this with the GMK Laser renders, and I'm noticing it again here with the GMK renders that you have.... The G is spurred. Is that really going to be the case? I like it a lot more than the normal G that GMK uses. Can you confirm this Donut?

Offline donutcat

• * Vendor
    • Donut Cables
« Reply #210 on: Wed, 28 March 2018, 21:30:59 »
I've noticed this with the GMK Laser renders, and I'm noticing it again here with the GMK renders that you have.... The G is spurred. Is that really going to be the case? I like it a lot more than the normal G that GMK uses. Can you confirm this Donut?

Afaik it will be using GMK's normal doubleshot legend, which should be the non-spurred G I'm looking at on sets.

Have you tried to contact them and ask for permission, simular to the lambda symbol from valve for carbon.

At this time I'm not interested in the process of requesting the usage of a large massive corporation's IP for this project, especially when that IP isn't even the main inspiration for the set.

Offline donutcat

• * Vendor
    • Donut Cables
« Reply #211 on: Thu, 29 March 2018, 13:36:21 »
Small update, contacted GMK last night about some small updates to the set as well as the revision to the novelties kit. In the Base and AE Mods kit I've had the 00 key removed, changed the 1.5u backspace arrow to just "Backspace", and changed the numpad/ and numpad* to ÷ and × instead since I think they look cooler. The new novelties kit is as follows

Keys that were DY on V2 have been changed to CR on V2 since we think the look is better, and it incorporates some of the black elements of 01's design. There are 3 distinct novelty molds that we're using with all 3 colors getting access to 2 of them. We didn't do the 3rd mold in the orange because we didn't think it looked very good in the CR and V2, and flavorfully the logo that design is based off of only shows up in purple and green on 01's design, so we felt it would look best to do it that way. We have included the orange code and control keys tho for proper accent color distribution.

Offline rioc

• Very Text - 键盘上瘾 ____rioc industries ink.
« Reply #212 on: Fri, 30 March 2018, 05:03:02 »
wow, these novelties are some half-ass ****... seriously hope this is a wip or an early april fools joke

Offline Chromatrope

• Tortures arrows, murders Lshift, doesn't press X
« Reply #213 on: Fri, 30 March 2018, 05:09:31 »
wow, these novelties are some half-ass ****... seriously hope this is a wip or an early april fools joke

They're placeholder text indicating what novelty is going to go there, if you scroll through the last 2(3?) pages of the thread you'll see some actual designs
I dance significantly better through bullet patterns than the alphanumerics. Known to cause heart failure in touch typists on sight.

Offline Blaise170

• * Esteemed Elder
  • ALPS キーボード
    • XYZ
« Reply #214 on: Fri, 30 March 2018, 09:18:11 »
It's an interest check, of course it's work in progress...
I proxy anything including keyboards (キーボード / 鍵盤), from both Japan (日本) and China (中國). For more information, you may visit my dedicated webpage here: https://www.keyboards.es/proxying.html

View my current and past keyboards here: https://deskthority.net/wiki/User:Blaise170

Offline sth

• 2 girls 1 cuprubber
« Reply #215 on: Fri, 30 March 2018, 22:35:58 »

BOOM
****IN GOT YOU MAN

Offline keebwarrior

« Reply #216 on: Fri, 30 March 2018, 22:52:34 »
any chance of an ergodox kit?

Offline P1kas

• AKA Crono
« Reply #217 on: Sat, 31 March 2018, 00:02:50 »
I have a feeling they are not considering an ergodox kit.

They want to keep the total amount of kits as low as possible to maximize the chances of a successful group buy.
There is no such thing as "too much orange."

Offline p_blaze

« Reply #218 on: Sat, 31 March 2018, 00:40:19 »
EVA01 instead of EVA1 please

Offline P1kas

• AKA Crono
« Reply #219 on: Sat, 31 March 2018, 01:09:44 »
That is not the final novelty... EVA1 is merely a placeholder for a future design.

Maybe should keep those blank for future mockups just to avoid confusion

Offline rioc

• Very Text - 键盘上瘾 ____rioc industries ink.
« Reply #220 on: Sat, 31 March 2018, 02:17:07 »

They're placeholder text indicating what novelty is going to go there, if you scroll through the last 2(3?) pages of the thread you'll see some actual designs

yeah, I was also talking about those designs...

again, the gaijin alphas available separate too would be cool... then I could just get those and mix and match with upcoming gmk troubled minds...
« Last Edit: Sat, 31 March 2018, 02:18:44 by rioc »

Offline Geek Maker

« Reply #221 on: Sat, 31 March 2018, 03:03:24 »
打扰了, I just want more AE Green base color

Offline amnesia0287

• Formerly Amnesia
« Reply #222 on: Sat, 31 March 2018, 04:43:39 »

yeah, I was also talking about those designs...

again, the gaijin alphas available separate too would be cool... then I could just get those and mix and match with upcoming gmk troubled minds...

And again, a separate alphas kit is not viable for things that aren’t on massdrop. We are also not interested in a non Japanese version of the set and selling just mods and alphas separately with no complete base kit raises prices for everyone for the benefit of almost no one.

As to the novelties, I’ve said quite a few times I’m not a graphics designer and this is well outside my wheelhouse, I’m slowly getting better in illustrator but I have a day job and there is no magic to just suddenly get good at art. There is also only so much that can be done within the constraints of a gmk novelty. If you are disappointed with the novelties you are more than welcome to design better ones yourself.

They are not important to me. I’m doing the best that I can with little to no feedback and a very limited range of options. I don’t really want to just cover the board with random Eva trash. To me the color theme would be Eva 1, not the show itself. If there is something you want to see... SAY WHAT. If there is something specific you dislike, say that. Generic thread****ting helps no one.

Offline donutcat

• * Vendor
    • Donut Cables
« Reply #223 on: Sat, 31 March 2018, 21:18:11 »
That is not the final novelty... EVA1 is merely a placeholder for a future design.

Maybe should keep those blank for future mockups just to avoid confusion

I kept them blank before and people complained that the novelty kit "didn't have any novelty designs" in it. Now I add the placeholder text and someone things those are supposed to be the novelty design. No matter what I do, there's gonna be someone that thinks I'm wrong or should do something different.

Offline P1kas

• AKA Crono
« Reply #224 on: Sat, 31 March 2018, 21:31:04 »
Yeah, I saw the previous confusion about the blanks even though you clearly stated that they were placeholders. /shrug

Offline benjoewoo

Re: [IC] GMK Neon Gelatin Evangelism - GB April
« Reply #225 on: Sun, 08 April 2018, 16:33:03 »
Are there novelties for this?

Offline Sifo

• Illustrious
« Reply #226 on: Sun, 08 April 2018, 17:01:15 »
l m a o
I love Elzy

Offline Anaconda

« Reply #227 on: Mon, 09 April 2018, 22:34:23 »
Any updates?

Offline donutcat

• * Vendor
    • Donut Cables
« Reply #228 on: Tue, 10 April 2018, 09:56:56 »
Nothing yet, still waiting on GMK for confirmation on the latest kit updates and quotes.

Offline jimirolln

« Reply #229 on: Tue, 10 April 2018, 11:25:47 »
i prefer the troubled mind cw to this...feels like a bland knock off...i am not interested...and usually i don't reply to ic's i am not interested in...but i have recently learned the folly of my ways...so i am on a quest to make known my eval of interest for all ic's whether for or against since op's can't tell whether or not they are reaching the appropriate amount of interest with out knowing the actual amount of non interest
« Last Edit: Tue, 10 April 2018, 15:09:10 by jimirolln »

Offline Rumblehotep

« Reply #230 on: Tue, 10 April 2018, 14:23:52 »
These are my favorite colorways hands down, and I've been skipping recent kit gbs to save room for both this AND Trouble Minds.  Novelties aren't going to make or break my interest in this, but I hope they're given proper development and this isn't rushed out the gate because people feel it competes with TM.  As for being a cheap knock off, I hope there'll be good colormatching of samples but it'll still be a GMK produced set, that has some expectation of quality to me.

Offline RealLaugh

« Reply #231 on: Tue, 10 April 2018, 15:43:36 »
i prefer the troubled mind cw to this...feels like a bland knock off...i am not interested...and usually i don't reply to ic's i am not interested in...but i have recently learned the folly of my ways...so i am on a quest to make known my eval of interest for all ic's whether for or against since op's can't tell whether or not they are reaching the appropriate amount of interest with out knowing the actual amount of non interest

I agree with this statement if you take into account the green modifier kit.

The standalone purple kit is what I think looks awesome and what I am in for.

The community will decide if this is flying too close to the sun in terms of any existing CW or if indeed the demand for a purple base kit is enough for MOQ.

Either way, great job on this kit, I think it looks awesome and am happy that it will benefit from the Laser molds.

Not trying to discount your opinion or you weighing in on the IC.

Offline jimirolln

« Reply #232 on: Wed, 11 April 2018, 13:22:55 »

I agree with this statement if you take into account the green modifier kit.

The standalone purple kit is what I think looks awesome and what I am in for.

The community will decide if this is flying too close to the sun in terms of any existing CW or if indeed the demand for a purple base kit is enough for MOQ.

Either way, great job on this kit, I think it looks awesome and am happy that it will benefit from the Laser molds.

Not trying to discount your opinion or you weighing in on the IC.

no your good...and i agree about the mono purp...i was givn donut a playful ribbn over some ish on another topic...but it is just my feels on interest...some don't feel the same...thats cool...read the yellow on black thread to understand...no hard feelz...glwgb donut

Offline donutcat

• * Vendor
    • Donut Cables
Re: [IC] GMK Neon Gelatin Evangelism - On Hold
« Reply #233 on: Fri, 13 April 2018, 16:29:06 »
At the current time, we're putting the planned GB for this set on hold. Our attempts to communicate with GMK in a timely fashion have yielded very little in the way of timely results. Additionally, the market right now is pretty saturated with GBs, especially GMK, and we're looking to wait for a time when there's less keyset congestion, especially less of sets in a similar colorspace as NGE. The IC will of course still be open for discussion as well as updates while we're still working on the set in the meantime.

Offline Sifo

• Illustrious
« Reply #234 on: Fri, 13 April 2018, 20:13:47 »
FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUck ok :(
I love Elzy

Offline fatpolomanjr

« Reply #235 on: Fri, 13 April 2018, 22:27:34 »
I have no plans for troubled minds or mitolet or whatever similar purple and green colored sets, but this render alone:

makes me want this one.
Some guys keep on saying they believe in Jesus, and keep doing a lot of shameful things.
Current GH Classified Post (LF Arcade Floor, Garbield and CYM Otter and Keyng)

Offline amnesia0287

• Formerly Amnesia
« Reply #236 on: Fri, 13 April 2018, 23:27:02 »
I have no plans for troubled minds or mitolet or whatever similar purple and green colored sets, but this render alone:

Show Image

makes me want this one.

I for one still 100% want to try and make the set happen, it's just not a good time. And at the speed GMK is going we would have to just take what we have and run, not take the time to really dial in the kits and find the best options.

Offline Anaconda

« Reply #237 on: Fri, 13 April 2018, 23:52:12 »
Hopefully this will happen in few months. I was really betting on getting this on my cod67.

Offline BserLarry

« Reply #238 on: Sat, 14 April 2018, 01:07:48 »
Same. I wish this would come ASAP too! As like OP, I don’t care for any theme, I just like the color combination of purple and green (for which there is no such things as copyright claims!)

Offline BserLarry

« Reply #239 on: Sat, 14 April 2018, 01:27:04 »
OP, have you considered JTK instead of GMK? Seems like this set is more for the purposes of the colorway over theme anyways.

Offline amnesia0287

• Formerly Amnesia
« Reply #240 on: Sat, 14 April 2018, 02:19:24 »
OP, have you considered JTK instead of GMK? Seems like this set is more for the purposes of the colorway over theme anyways.

I have 0 interest in JTK and JTK does not have hiragana legends which are the entire point.

Offline SolidCactus

« Reply #241 on: Sat, 14 April 2018, 03:06:09 »
I’m still in for this set and would only be looking for GMK due to the hiragana legends.

Offline BserLarry

« Reply #242 on: Sat, 14 April 2018, 03:59:14 »
Ah, I wasn’t aware that jtk doesn’t offer hiragana legends, no jtk then

Offline Darknight00z

« Reply #243 on: Sat, 14 April 2018, 12:13:48 »

Show Image

makes me want this one.

Second

Offline avid

« Reply #244 on: Sat, 14 April 2018, 13:55:08 »
So hyped for this set. I don't think it will have any MOQ problems.

Offline a_ak57

« Reply #245 on: Sat, 14 April 2018, 20:29:11 »
Keycap ICs/GBs are at an interesting point since they're now so common they cannibalize each other big time.  I feel like you could take 9 of 10 ICs posted on here, take them back to 2014/2015 and they would have no issue getting made since there were far fewer options then and every set got big time hype.  Look at Penumbra, it was a grail set back in the day but nowadays nobody actually cares about it and the R2 actually sells for less than the sale price because there are just so many other options.  I imagine we're going to see failed GBs much more frequently, especially with the consistently rising prices.

Offline donutcat

• * Vendor
    • Donut Cables
« Reply #246 on: Wed, 18 April 2018, 14:39:09 »
Small update, we finally heard back from GMK again with some updated mockups, some of which still need additional work

Base Kit - needs scooped numpad5

Spacebar Kit - final

AE Mods Kit - should be final

40% Kit - should be final

Novelty Kit - needs tweaking, the esc might be changed, the 01 needs to be resized to fill the cap

As you might be able to tell, some of our communication on the novelty kit didn't hit quite where it should have, easy fix tho.

I would also like to point something out. A big part of why we're struggling on this is dealing with GMK's timing. Out of these "new" mockups, the novelty kit is marked 4-12(6 days ago), the AE mods and base are marked 4-10(8 days ago), the spacebars 4-09(11 days ago) all of which we've been waiting on updates for up at this point. Ignoring a bit of misunderstanding in the beginning of our convo on this set, the rest of the communication has been difficult to work with.

I'm not trying to blame anyone in particular, I'd just like to demonstrate that though we've been working hard to try and make this set happen, it's difficult to do so when situations like this dig into your timeline and keep pushing you back. And now we have to submit some changes and potentially deal with waiting a week or more for them.

Offline Sifo

• Illustrious
« Reply #247 on: Wed, 18 April 2018, 16:38:31 »
as long as it gets made man you're the mvp
I love Elzy

Offline young_won

« Reply #248 on: Wed, 18 April 2018, 20:13:46 »
I cheer for you. :thumb:

Offline fatpolomanjr

« Reply #249 on: Wed, 18 April 2018, 23:21:20 »
40% kit: it's a little weird to offer both R2 Tab and Esc but only have an R3 Tab. Should there be both R3 tab and esc? The default planck layout has R2 Tab and R3 Esc, but looking at staggered 40% boards like the Minivan, R2 tab or esc seem to be equally common.
« Last Edit: Wed, 18 April 2018, 23:24:48 by fatpolomanjr »
Some guys keep on saying they believe in Jesus, and keep doing a lot of shameful things.
Current GH Classified Post (LF Arcade Floor, Garbield and CYM Otter and Keyng)