Author Topic: [IC] S7-Elephant 70% custom keyboard!(GB OPEN)  (Read 59048 times)

Offline JSaintS

• Formerly eNrageDSainT
    • JSaintS
Re: [IC] S7-Elephant 70% custom keyboard!(Prototype come)
« Reply #300 on: Mon, 18 June 2018, 16:58:19 »
Thanks Jacky for accepting to share the 3D file with me! I am now 100% sure I need a one! (as if I need an excuse haha) xD

Show Image

GMK Oasis on a gorgeous S7-Elephant!
Do you have the 3D model with the arrow cluster blocker?

I don't, would love to get it tho :D Jacky, if you read this budy :D

Offline teobeo94

« Reply #301 on: Mon, 18 June 2018, 23:15:41 »
I'd also love arrow blockers on the first design if possible.

Offline Azou

« Reply #302 on: Tue, 19 June 2018, 13:40:17 »
Thanks Jacky for accepting to share the 3D file with me! I am now 100% sure I need a one! (as if I need an excuse haha) xD

Show Image

GMK Oasis on a gorgeous S7-Elephant!

:eek:

Offline dimo

« Reply #303 on: Sun, 24 June 2018, 18:55:39 »
What happened? Didn't Jacky want to speed the gb up?

Offline KaosJ

« Reply #304 on: Mon, 25 June 2018, 14:01:52 »
Jacky are you alive?   :(

Offline Mag_Flux

« Reply #305 on: Tue, 26 June 2018, 05:52:43 »
Now that the switch plate matter has settled, lets get back to the ... *ahem* elephant in the room...  the top housing design. 

Are we still debating between the original versus the 2nd design?  Because I just gotta reiterate that I believe the curves and look of the original design is what made this keyboard concept truly unique and set it apart from everything else currently being worked on.  Almost a difference of Retro vs Contemporary, in my eyes.  (And I'll probably side with Retro every time.)

Though, I understand that the 2nd concept could be more popular and can be at peace with that if it's indeed the final outcome - but it really is a difference between sale or no sale for me personally.  I still think the 2nd design is a fine looking keyboard, but just not unique enough that I'd currently want to add it to my collection.  That first design though, that elephant would get top billing at the keyboard circus!  ;)

Perfectly summed this up for me. The first design made me follow this IC. Please stick to it.

Same, go for the first design

I know I'm a little late to the party (haven't checked up on this IC in a bit) but I agree with the others, the first design is what had me sold and it really set's itself apart from other boards in terms of design. Sad to say but I'd be out if the second design was chosen. On a positive note although purple/magenta isn't my thing, the photos from the anno'd prototype look amazing.

Offline jacky

« Reply #306 on: Wed, 27 June 2018, 11:34:21 »
For sure I am alive

It will add a block ,however I think this big boy hard to ship

I may fix something on it
« Last Edit: Wed, 27 June 2018, 11:39:49 by jacky »

Offline mkarlsson

« Reply #307 on: Wed, 27 June 2018, 12:36:49 »

You mean by shortening the side bezels? I don’t like that imo, kind of looses part of its retro look...

Offline Poesjuh

[IC] S7-Elephant 70% custom keyboard!(Prototype come)
« Reply #308 on: Wed, 27 June 2018, 13:58:08 »
Blocker AH YEAH BABY.
I’d slightly reduce the bezel but not as much as you have in the render. Just in-between

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
« Last Edit: Wed, 27 June 2018, 14:00:24 by Poesjuh »

Offline Mag_Flux

« Reply #309 on: Wed, 27 June 2018, 14:13:26 »
For sure I am alive

I know it's a trending aesthetic these days but I'm not a fan of blockers personally. In regards to the side bezels, I believe the heft really adds to the overall look and that slimming it down would not do the board justice. In general I find your first prototype to be perfect and would jump into a group buy immediately for that design.

Offline _ODIN_

« Reply #310 on: Wed, 27 June 2018, 14:32:32 »
The blocker is amazing

Offline wongie

« Reply #311 on: Wed, 27 June 2018, 14:37:24 »
Is the blocker a certainty at this stage? Can't say I'm a big fan of it for aesthetic reasons as well as restricting bottom row layout options.

And speaking of aesthetics, full thicc bezels is the only way to go!
« Last Edit: Wed, 27 June 2018, 15:15:52 by wongie »

Offline Starius

« Reply #312 on: Wed, 27 June 2018, 14:55:59 »
Bezels or bust!
Why clip the elephants ears? ;)

Offline KaosJ

« Reply #313 on: Wed, 27 June 2018, 15:16:57 »
For sure I am alive

big bezels or riot! Who cares about shipping, bezels is life  :(

Go for the first prototype! Regarding blocker, who cares honestly you can put it or not, what i care is that the first design is made (with laaaaargeeee bezels duder) 
« Last Edit: Wed, 27 June 2018, 15:18:35 by KaosJ »

Offline jacky

« Reply #314 on: Wed, 27 June 2018, 19:44:47 »
Okay

What about this I have fix the beezel

Actually I have re anodized prototype

Offline dimo

« Reply #315 on: Wed, 27 June 2018, 19:50:27 »
Okay

What about this I have fix the beezel

Actually I have re anodized prototype

looks fine imo

Offline Tarienn

« Reply #316 on: Wed, 27 June 2018, 19:52:54 »
That big bezel design looks like a 100% buy from me :)

Too many small keyboards already. I need me a big boy!

Offline jacky

« Reply #317 on: Wed, 27 June 2018, 20:04:14 »
That big bezel design looks like a 100% buy from me :)

Too many small keyboards already. I need me a big boy!
This is also a big boi

Imao

Offline mkarlsson

« Reply #318 on: Wed, 27 June 2018, 20:11:48 »
Looks great!

Offline Starius

« Reply #319 on: Wed, 27 June 2018, 21:27:12 »
I hate to be a naysayer here, because I truly appreciate the work you've put into this - and I also see you've been working hard on refining with these latest changes!
But I can't help but offer my opinion here and point something out, because the original pictures you initially posted in this thread are disappearing at an alarming rate.  I don't know if it's the recent imgur problems or if you're removing them yourself,  but the original design had noticeably larger bezels than your current version.
And this wasn't just limited to the renders, but the actual prototype you had made featured this original bezel thickness:

I don't know if you're trying to downplay this original bezel thickness due to cost or manufacturing issues.... but, I implore you, don't throw out that original width.  Truly, it is what caught my interest in this project of yours and I really feel it's what makes it stand out and makes it special.  I would personally gladly pay more for that original width, where as I would likely pass over the project entirely without it.  That big chunky width and what I can only imagine is significant "heft" is what gives it that awesome retro terminal keyboard vibe.  A standout design that would be a showpiece in any keyboard collection.   But for every millimeter you shave off, I feel the board slips ever closer towards the mundane.   Don't misunderstand me, I'm not trying to be mean when I say that - I'm merely trying to convey the importance of what I personally believe to be one of your design's greatest attributes.

But maybe others don't feel as strongly about it as I do. 

But yes, for Odin's sake if anything, keep that mini blocker in.  ;) 

Offline beekey

« Reply #320 on: Thu, 28 June 2018, 00:59:01 »
Thick bezel, thick bezel, thick bezel, thick bezel... ! :)

Offline wongie

« Reply #321 on: Thu, 28 June 2018, 01:43:20 »
I hate to be a naysayer here, because I truly appreciate the work you've put into this - and I also see you've been working hard on refining with these latest changes!
But I can't help but offer my opinion here and point something out, because the original pictures you initially posted in this thread are disappearing at an alarming rate.  I don't know if it's the recent imgur problems or if you're removing them yourself,  but the original design had noticeably larger bezels than your current version.
And this wasn't just limited to the renders, but the actual prototype you had made featured this original bezel thickness:

I don't know if you're trying to downplay this original bezel thickness due to cost or manufacturing issues.... but, I implore you, don't throw out that original width.  Truly, it is what caught my interest in this project of yours and I really feel it's what makes it stand out and makes it special.  I would personally gladly pay more for that original width, where as I would likely pass over the project entirely without it.  That big chunky width and what I can only imagine is significant "heft" is what gives it that awesome retro terminal keyboard vibe.  A standout design that would be a showpiece in any keyboard collection.   But for every millimeter you shave off, I feel the board slips ever closer towards the mundane.   Don't misunderstand me, I'm not trying to be mean when I say that - I'm merely trying to convey the importance of what I personally believe to be one of your design's greatest attributes.

Maybe it was late in the night for me but I didn't notice the revised design appeared slightly shaved off on the sides. Looking back at the prototype I can now spot that it does actually appear a bit more wider and I'm in agreement; I think the original design without name badge and blocker with it's proportions, as it materialised in the prototype, were already perfect as they were.

Offline Mag_Flux

« Reply #322 on: Thu, 28 June 2018, 06:27:49 »

Maybe it was late in the night for me but I didn't notice the revised design appeared slightly shaved off on the sides. Looking back at the prototype I can now spot that it does actually appear a bit more wider and I'm in agreement; I think the original design without name badge and blocker with it's proportions, as it materialised in the prototype, were already perfect as they were.

100% agree :thumb:

Offline mkarlsson

« Reply #323 on: Thu, 28 June 2018, 08:32:59 »
My vote goes to original bezels + blocker

Offline jacky

« Reply #324 on: Thu, 28 June 2018, 08:49:49 »

Show Image

Thanks been so kind

I will make decisions

Offline KaosJ

« Reply #325 on: Thu, 28 June 2018, 16:32:26 »
Literally everyone wants large bezels  ;D

Offline Starius

« Reply #326 on: Thu, 28 June 2018, 17:42:53 »
Literally everyone wants large bezels  ;D

"Guess what? I got a fever! And the only prescription is.... more bezel."

Offline euphxenos

« Reply #327 on: Thu, 28 June 2018, 21:35:29 »
It sounds like the concern over the original design is that the weight will lead to high shipping costs.  You could check on shipping rates, post sample rates to various countries, and see if anyone blinks.  Personally, I like the original design.  I like that it's enormous and heavy.  If it were me, the only thing I might change would be a second column of keys on the left.  I think I'm going to get one and have it Cerakoted in white, so I can have a keyboard that is literally a "white elephant" (it would have to be either that or a "pink elephant").

Given all the things you've been thinking of changing, I think you've got enough design ideas for a second keyboard.  Why not go with your original design and save some of this for next time?

Offline jacky

« Reply #328 on: Fri, 29 June 2018, 21:22:38 »
I will open Gb tomorrow

Keep origin design

Offline Harms

« Reply #329 on: Fri, 29 June 2018, 21:30:26 »
I will open Gb tomorrow

Keep origin design
Blocker I hope and sounds awesome :D

Sent from my STV100-3 using Tapatalk

Offline Starius

« Reply #330 on: Fri, 29 June 2018, 21:41:38 »
I just dumped a sizable chuck 'o cash this morning on the Modern M0110. 
This is really going to give me the pinch now....   but I'll make it work... somehow!

Offline Keebmeupscotty

« Reply #331 on: Fri, 29 June 2018, 22:25:30 »
I will open Gb tomorrow

Keep origin design

I wish you luck, but gotta say that I miss the green and am sad not to see it available. (Especially since that green was on the first few renders you had up on this post and had me really interested)

This is a really nice design though, and it will still probably tempt me if it isn't so limited that it sells out in a few minutes. Good luck!

Offline KaosJ

« Reply #332 on: Sat, 30 June 2018, 01:06:46 »
I will open Gb tomorrow

Keep origin design

please show samples of the colors when you decides!
Especially purple

Offline jacky

« Reply #333 on: Sat, 30 June 2018, 08:26:11 »
I will open Gb tomorrow

Keep origin design

Especially purple
I promise purple not have pink part this time it should be dark purple

Also this buy was limited

Offline JSaintS

• Formerly eNrageDSainT
    • JSaintS
« Reply #334 on: Sat, 30 June 2018, 08:30:09 »
I just spent quite a bit of money on artisans... damn it... well, Imma have to get it, tomorrow it is!

When you say it's a limited buy, how many boards will you have? Anything planned for the first orders like a special "founder edition" tag? any exact time? I live in Europe and I kinda like my sleep but I don't want to miss this :)

Offline _ODIN_

« Reply #335 on: Sat, 30 June 2018, 08:33:22 »
I just spent quite a bit of money on artisans... damn it... well, Imma have to get it, tomorrow it is!

When you say it's a limited buy, how many boards will you have? Anything planned for the first orders like a special "founder edition" tag? any exact time? I live in Europe and I kinda like my sleep but I don't want to miss this :)
i would love something like that, especially because some of us where here since the beginning  ;)

Offline jacky

« Reply #336 on: Sat, 30 June 2018, 10:03:53 »
Emm not so many ppl like this don’t need stay here all day.

Have a good sleep.

Because it also need mod approve when I am post

Offline JSaintS

• Formerly eNrageDSainT
    • JSaintS
« Reply #337 on: Sat, 30 June 2018, 10:43:16 »
Emm not so many ppl like this don’t need stay here all day.

Don't say that, you'd be surprised!

Offline _ODIN_

« Reply #338 on: Sat, 30 June 2018, 10:57:57 »
happy, that this is finally happening

Offline JSaintS

• Formerly eNrageDSainT
    • JSaintS
« Reply #339 on: Sat, 30 June 2018, 11:00:40 »
Did anyone save the layout picture that was in the OP? Looks like it has been taken down :(

Offline jacky

« Reply #340 on: Sat, 30 June 2018, 12:40:49 »
Did anyone save the layout picture that was in the OP? Looks like it has been taken down :(
Updated on homepages

I will sort pic then open

:thumb:

Offline Poesjuh

« Reply #341 on: Sat, 30 June 2018, 13:24:55 »
Just curious;
- What bottom are you going for, original or M0110 style
- Are the bezels going to be original size, small or something in between
- Are you going for a blocker or not
And
- Are we still looking at a $300 price tag?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline KaosJ

« Reply #342 on: Sat, 30 June 2018, 17:29:01 »
I will open Gb tomorrow

Keep origin design

Especially purple
I promise purple not have pink part this time it should be dark purple

Also this buy was limited

is this the "dark purple" you are talking about? (seems like another magenta/light purple/pinky purple/ whatever you want to call it) 

if so, i go for white.

Offline JSaintS

• Formerly eNrageDSainT
    • JSaintS
« Reply #343 on: Mon, 02 July 2018, 04:04:58 »
wasn't this supposed to be launched yesterday? :3 where is my GB? :P

Offline InvidiousIgnoramus

« Reply #344 on: Mon, 02 July 2018, 04:12:32 »
wasn't this supposed to be launched yesterday? :3 where is my GB?
Jacky forgot it has to be approved by GH mods.
I long for the day when I find a beamspring. (At a not insane price)

Offline JSaintS

• Formerly eNrageDSainT
    • JSaintS
« Reply #345 on: Mon, 02 July 2018, 04:17:48 »
wasn't this supposed to be launched yesterday? :3 where is my GB?
Jacky forgot it has to be approved by GH mods.

Yup, it has to be that :P

Offline JSaintS

• Formerly eNrageDSainT
    • JSaintS

Offline jacky

« Reply #349 on: Tue, 03 July 2018, 15:55:15 »
Idk why still not approve ..
« Last Edit: Tue, 03 July 2018, 15:59:16 by jacky »