Author Topic: Hello There  (Read 1612 times)

Offline coffeeshopcoder

Hello There
« on: Fri, 01 June 2018, 01:23:07 »
Hi Everyone !

I'm new to the hobby. I heard about mechanical keyboards a decade ago when I was reading Eric Raymond's blog (ESR), but never got what the whole deal was. I came across the DAS keyboard , and thought it was very expensive. Last year I finally caved in to the curiosity and brought a cheapo chinese made "gaming" RGB light show of a keyboard with Outemu blues. A coworker noticed and introduced me to massdrop. I discovered a whole new world, and found out that not all mechanical switches were clicky :)

Got a K-Type later and then spent a heart breaking $320 on SA Carbon. Got MaxKey Orange on black and I started loving SA. Currently I own a few SA sets, DSA knockoffs from KBDfans, XDA Canvas,  GMK Nautilus, and a few OEM profile caps. SA is my favorite profile and I'm waiting for my MT3 set to compare.

From Outemu Blues, I went to halo clears with my K-Type and loved it. I got a vortex vibe with MX clears, and I love them too, perhaps a bit more than the halo clears. I've realized I like tactive, slilent switches (havent tried aliaz yet) . I'm also on a journey to a proper 60% - I've a software developer who uses the arrows a lot, so I'm practicing on the Ktype to see if I can use it as a 60% with caps turned in to Fn.

I am yet to build a 60%, but my plan is to use the HS60 PCB, with the Fusion60  kit. When they come out :)
Also awaiting the XDA oblique - dont care for the profile so much, but the typeface is too good to resist, and SA Glow !!