Author Topic: [IC]Punchy 1800 keyboard  (Read 15571 times)

Offline dario

• obsessive–compulsive hardware slut
Re: [IC]Punchy 1800 keyboard
« Reply #50 on: Sat, 24 November 2018, 18:47:06 »
Oh dude you might like the Hineybush 1800. Seen it? Not quite the same as FC980, but pretty badass.

Yes, Hineybush is great, but it doesn't have two crucial features: ALPS support and curved side-handles (you know, like Zambumon's Verne or Tai-Chi keyboard).

However, Hiney did said he'll make ALPS PCB in the future. I hope it will have to do something with this keyboard. :/

Offline Punchy Lab

« Reply #51 on: Sun, 25 November 2018, 10:08:45 »
Is it possible to get a weight idea of the board?
Feel sorry, but I have to say NO.

Offline dario

« Reply #52 on: Sun, 25 November 2018, 10:50:59 »
Alright, I have two questions.

First, is it possible to get your case in raw aluminium (without anodization or powder coating) so I can apply cerakote myself instead of the factory finish?

Second, is your case compatibile with TKC1800 PCB? I'm asking this because as far as I can see this is the only way to get ALPS switches inside aluminium case in 1800 layout. It looks to me like it could fit inside since both are Cherry 1800 clones.

Offline Koatl

• Kozahtli on reddit, etc.
« Reply #53 on: Sun, 25 November 2018, 10:57:45 »
Alright, I have two questions.

First, is it possible to get your case in raw aluminium (without anodization or powder coating) so I can apply cerakote myself instead of the factory finish?

Second, is your case compatibile with TKC1800 PCB? I'm asking this because as far as I can see this is the only way to get ALPS switches inside aluminium case in 1800 layout. It looks to me like it could fit inside since both are Cherry 1800 clones.

Take this with a grain of salt, but on the Discord chat it was stated the TKC1800 PCB is not compatible with this Punchy 1800 case.

Seems there's a few parties involved in this drop. Punchy Labs, KPRepublic and some dude in the Discord channel facilitating a Chinese speaker whom I don't know but apparently is involved in production. Unfortunately there is some inconsistencies in the info: for example KPRepublic provided the weight of 3KG for the board and copper plate would add 3.5KG to 4KG, yet Punchy Labs says weight can't be provided.
☷☴☲☱☶☵☳☰

Offline dario

« Reply #54 on: Sun, 25 November 2018, 12:34:48 »
Take this with a grain of salt, but on the Discord chat it was stated the TKC1800 PCB is not compatible with this Punchy 1800 case.

Hiney just confirmed he'll be making ALPS PCB's for his Hineybush 1800 so I'm all hyped up for that.

Offline Koatl

• Kozahtli on reddit, etc.
« Reply #55 on: Sun, 25 November 2018, 12:42:53 »
It was just reported in Discord channel that board will be using bootmapper.

Also I changed my avatar to Godzilla prepping a hot dog. Please be in awe.
☷☴☲☱☶☵☳☰