Author Topic: Hello from Mexico.  (Read 1598 times)

Offline hs429q

Hello from Mexico.
« on: Mon, 17 December 2018, 21:14:06 »
Hello everyone.

The keyboard enthusiast comunity is to me, probably the most welcoming comunity I have yet encountered.

When I was little, my dad's office had a few IBM Selectric typewiters that you could hear going on all the time, those things were loud and had the most violent return of carriage you can imagine, I loved it, I had my share of homework in those things. I believe it was in the late 80's when they started switching to those IBM PC's, the first computer I used was DOS only with a Model F keyboard, Windows OS was barely out but nowhere to be seen, at least not in my local area. I later had model M's in highschool and that was the end of it. Then came the membrane keyboards and there was a general feeling of "out with the old, in with the new" kind of thing, I was too young to know and I soon forgot what a mechanical keyboard was.

A couple of years ago I stumbled upon r/MechanicalKeyboards out of nowhere, stared in awe to some beatiful keyboards and went down the rabbit hole.

I finally built my first keyboard, a 60% with Round5 keycaps in SA Profile that reminded me of old times. I am in love.
Here are some pics: https://www.reddit.com/user/hs429q/comments/a6s1i0/this_is_my_60_there_are_many_like_it_but_this_one/

I work in IT and have my 60% on my desk at the office at all times, it's my daily driver, hard to believe but no one seems to have any idea what that is, or "where did I buy it? lol, so I have the pleasure to spread the gospel of keebs almost everyday at work. I really whish there were more enthusiats here in MX, I do feel kinda lonely sometimes  ;D 

And here I am now, learning from the best and so hyped about mechs that I have started the design and build of my very own custom keyboard, with a custom layout even if it means I have to find that keycap under cerberus collar.

Thank you for reading.
Cheers from Mexico!

Offline switchnollie

• sleever supreme
  • * Exquisite Elder
  • greyhat co-leader
Re: Hello from Mexico.
« Reply #1 on: Tue, 18 December 2018, 16:12:54 »
Welcome :)

:cool: ¡caliente! :cool:

Keyboards: HHKB Pro 1 & OTD 356CL Dark Greyhat Edition, baybee!

Offline hs429q

Re: Hello from Mexico.
« Reply #2 on: Thu, 20 December 2018, 09:47:01 »
Gracias!  ;D