US: Novelkeys
South America: Fancy Customs
KR: Geonworks
CN: KBDfans
OCE: SwitchKeys
SEA: iLumkb
India: NeoMacro

Intro
Hello good lads, this is my first keycap IC.
This set was inspired by a keyboard friend of mine whose favorite shade of blue is Prussian Blue. He was looking forward to GMK Prussian Blue GB, but it got indefinitely postponed. To troll him, I started designing something with the same blue and a simple idea came to my mind – what about an *insert color here* Alert set? At the same time, I wanted to do something a little different and I didn’t like how it looked with the often-used beige as a base, so instead I ultimately chose to use white and grey.

GMK CYL Prussian Alert uses three RAL Design colors:
RAL 230 20 20 – Prussian Blue
RAL 000 65 00 – Mortar Grey
RAL 000 85 00 – Shadow White

Profile:
Cherry Profile Doubleshot ABS (UV Printed Sublegends for Alpha Kit)

If you are interested in becoming a vendor, want to collab or have any suggestions, please fill out the IC forms, join my Discord or add me personally (g_tour). I’m more than happy to have a chat with anyone.

Kitting

Base Kit - Price TBD

Extension Kit - Price TBD

Alpha Kit - Price TBD

Colors are inverted for a more muted look.
You can cover two keyboards (Two ANSI or One ANSI/One ISO) when bought with the Base Kit.
The Cyrillic Sublegends will be the same as GMK WoB Red Cyrillic - Thanks Qarmaa for your kindness!

Base Kit Explained

Why is there a forced Alert Bar in the Base Kit?
With the set not being beige, I removed the R1 Mono Bar completely and went straight with the Alert one in the Base Kit (See KKB Violet Alert as an example which has both in the Base Kit but lacks Numpad and Alice support).
This saves cost and should allow the Numpad, Alice, and R5 support to be in the Base Kit while hopefully maintaining a competitive price. Also, most of the people buying an Alert set want the Alert Bar and not having to buy a separate Alert Kit means less cost to them.

Why no 40’s support in the Base Kit?
With the set being Alert, it doesn’t cater to 40% users so I decided not to include 40’s support in the Base Kit. If you want to put this set on a 40% keyboard there is the option to buy the Extension Kit, where I included the basic 4-Key 40’s support. I chose to make the 1.5U Enter key in Prussian Blue as the main color to make the classic Esc/Enter Accent combo.

I want to give a huge thanks to Foggytypes for helping me with the kitting, you are awesome.

Renders

W1AT by Geon

F1-8X by Geon (RAW)

Amano by h40.io

Frog TKL by Geon

Cake HHKB by Haytco

Samples

Photos shot with artificial light set at 5000k

Note: Prussian Blue is quite literally a crazy color. I spent hours trying to do a photo that would match the in-real-life color and was just not possible (In fact, as you can see, also the color on the RAL Chart does not match Prussian Blue). The IRL color is pretty much the same as what you see in renders: the blue is softer and has a very slight green tint.

What to do next
GB Date & Pricing

I also want to thank Zucanio (The guy who likes Prussian Blue), Khor, Dan, Pigiamons, il Pino and all the fantastic people of MechBoutique.

Gtour:
Reserved

baekihyun:
forced alert :cool: I like the look of the inverted cyrillic kit but never a fan of UV printed legends personally--would prefer this with kkb if you're set on having different colored subs

Thevenny:
ah gitur gitur! Nice project!

nu_types:
Why is there a Cyrillic alphas kit? Prussia did not use the Cyrillic alphabet. Its fine if you just really want Cyrillic. Also, by omitting the number row the Cyrillic alpha kit is incomplete.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version