Author Topic: [IC]KeyKobo-Retro Mixed Lights| Ended  (Read 37255 times)

Offline Jr.Mars

[IC]KeyKobo-Retro Mixed Lights| Ended
« on: Tue, 14 March 2023, 09:03:48 »

Ended! All stocks are sold out. Thanks for your support~

Hello there,

Welcome to Keykobo - Retro Mixed Lights

This is the 3rd set of "Retro Series" after MW-Retro Lights and PBTfans-Retro Dark Lights

This set will be manufactured by Key Kobo.
Same as MW-Retro Lights and PBTfans-Retro Dark Lights, this set will be an in-stock set and will be sold through vendors later this year.

-

Keykobo is a new ABS double-shot manufacturer come from China. After I received their previous sets: Key Kobo - BoW and Key Kobo - Artlife.
I was very surprised by their excellent quality and believe that the products of this cooperation will be very satisfactory to everyone.

-

>>>> Interest Check Form <<<<

- Please help me to fill out this form and provide any feedback that you have.

◎ Inspiration

This set is inspired by Tohsi Industrial Design's "Eureka", they used three different vintage keysets and blend them into an elegant mix-n-match keycap set on their keykoard.
When I first saw the caps, I found it so attractive and immediately reached out to them. They generously authorized me to make this interesting set from an idea to an actual product.

◎ Kittings

◎ Renders

More

◎ About Key Kobo

Key Kobo was founded in 2020, and has dedicated in researching and manufacturing double-shot keycaps. Key Kobo's goal is to pursue precise injection mold and clear legends.
The mold has been repeatedly tested, modified and verified to reach the goal.I have verified several prototypes during the design process.

Key Kobo has several collaborations with NovelKeys and Geonworks and received optimisitc feedback.

◎ Contact

◎ Information

☆ Manufacturer: Key Kobo
☆ Material: ABS material
☆ Production Method: Doubleshot
☆ Profile: Cherry profile

◎ Vendor List

US: Divinikey / KFA
EU: KeyGem
UK: SerpentKeys
Singapore: Ktechs
Indonisia: Kukey Studio
Korea: GeonWorks
Taiwan: 鍵盤好貴
Thailand: Prophet
Canada: unikeyboards (GroupBuy)

« Last Edit: Wed, 20 September 2023, 04:06:45 by Jr.Mars »

Offline Jr.Mars

Re: [IC] Key Kobo - Retro Mixed Lights | IN-STOCK
« Reply #1 on: Tue, 14 March 2023, 09:05:53 »
◎ Blog 6/19

1. Production finished. Will be shipped to your vendors after their payment complete.
2. Update full base kit photos. More photos click here
3. New kitting renders and board renders. All renders are adjusted based on full base products.
4. Add the deskmat.
5. Update vendor list.

« Last Edit: Sun, 18 June 2023, 20:05:54 by Jr.Mars »

Offline NoPunIn10Did

• NoPunIn10Key
« Reply #2 on: Tue, 14 March 2023, 09:36:14 »
This is pretty wild. For the history reference picture, was that just a single one-off that a company put together using a mix of sets, or did they actually manufacture a set of boards like that?

Offline stidal

• milo#3939
« Reply #3 on: Tue, 14 March 2023, 10:13:43 »
cannot tell if i love it or hate it
transition tkl // aksara ce // bully // valhalla // voyager // rs60 // adiuvare // ciel60 // jules // prime e // ut47.2 // sequence // bumper // q1 // gaff60

Offline Designerstudio

• Keeb-related producer
« Reply #4 on: Tue, 14 March 2023, 10:52:10 »
I really love it! Keep on your amazing work!
Discord:https://discord.gg/3TqZ2M8Hw2
Email: designerstudio@126.com
Wechat: DesignerStudio7

Offline Kokaloo

• 🤘(• ω •)🤙
« Reply #5 on: Tue, 14 March 2023, 10:55:56 »
in. Love the deep red

Offline VXQN

« Reply #6 on: Tue, 14 March 2023, 13:09:07 »
The perfect keyset for those who:

• Love using F7
  • Consider the comma and left angle bracket vastly inferior to the full-stop and right angle bracket
  • In their heart believe that the "extra" key ISO offers over ANSI should have been a modifier and not an alpha
« Last Edit: Tue, 14 March 2023, 16:50:56 by VXQN »

Offline arr1

• Ñ supporter
« Reply #7 on: Tue, 14 March 2023, 14:37:31 »
These colors are sick. GLWIC

Offline aicyborg

« Reply #8 on: Tue, 14 March 2023, 18:33:06 »
I know it's Key Kobo's picture and not yours, but had a proper giggle at where the image says "Food-grade ABS." That's what I like to hear about my plastic.

Also, I'd just like to get ahead of anyone who may tell you to omit ISO-UK in favour of terminal ISO. Do not listen to those people. ISO-UK in base is the reason I will be buying this depending on UK vendors. I think this is mad. I like it.
« Last Edit: Tue, 14 March 2023, 18:58:15 by aicyborg »

Offline niubunao123

« Reply #9 on: Tue, 14 March 2023, 20:39:56 »
Wow international famous designer go go go

Offline Lewis_Lyron

« Reply #10 on: Tue, 14 March 2023, 20:59:21 »
Nice color :thumb:
eat an enter

Offline (^ω^)

« Reply #11 on: Tue, 14 March 2023, 22:42:28 »
Great color, I love it!

Offline involuntarysoul

« Reply #12 on: Wed, 15 March 2023, 18:44:04 »
maybe also include alternative cream alpha for ppl who do not want the stripe down the middle 

Offline mr_foggy

• land of the worst vendor(s)
« Reply #13 on: Wed, 15 March 2023, 19:01:11 »
colors are not for me but very nice to see more Keykobo ICs.

Offline Little4Real

« Reply #14 on: Fri, 17 March 2023, 01:49:14 »
I really wish this set had Hangul or JP alphas
« Last Edit: Sat, 18 March 2023, 02:29:40 by Little4Real »

Offline matthewdias

« Reply #15 on: Fri, 17 March 2023, 01:55:39 »
why no cool transparent keys like the inspo

Offline Soyo

« Reply #16 on: Fri, 17 March 2023, 12:09:40 »
How you not gonna have the hiragana sub-legends though?

Offline AAAAA.

« Reply #17 on: Fri, 17 March 2023, 23:24:39 »
He looks really good, I super like it

Offline Little4Real

« Reply #18 on: Sat, 18 March 2023, 02:29:25 »
How you not gonna have the hiragana sub-legends though?

If Keykobo has the molds, PLEASE include these

THIS TOO!!!

Offline malignant narcissism

• sus
« Reply #19 on: Sat, 18 March 2023, 10:59:58 »
Loved Retro Dark-- what's the Han's Keyboard in the first photo? How do I get my hands on one of those?
oh hi mark

Offline Verrine

« Reply #20 on: Sat, 18 March 2023, 12:44:38 »
Loved Retro Dark-- what's the Han's Keyboard in the first photo? How do I get my hands on one of those?

They have an ic going on currently

Offline tactilesbad

« Reply #21 on: Wed, 22 March 2023, 06:08:14 »
not strictly related to this set in particular, but is keykobo working on making icon only molds for the modifiers? hard to stand out as a gmk competitor without them

Offline hyperfix8

« Reply #22 on: Wed, 22 March 2023, 18:35:06 »
I think it's really interesting that you haven't stuck with any manu when running these sister sets. Is there any reason for that? Why jump from MW to PBTfans to KeyKobo? Not a bad thing by any means, just wondering what your thought process was.

Offline aicyborg

« Reply #23 on: Wed, 22 March 2023, 23:30:55 »
I think it's really interesting that you haven't stuck with any manu when running these sister sets. Is there any reason for that? Why jump from MW to PBTfans to KeyKobo? Not a bad thing by any means, just wondering what your thought process was.

PBTfans are currently scuffing the hell out of Retro Dark Lights - the sides of most of the keys have a weird issue with glare/flashing where the injected plastic ends up lighter than intended. I'm very okay with them not being used for this. Also, so far as I know, their cost optimisations mean they can't afford designers much flexibility on kitting. Key Kobo is a cool manu and I want to see them do more, personally.

Offline tactilesbad

« Reply #24 on: Thu, 23 March 2023, 06:27:12 »
mw and pbtf have garbage QC

Offline Jr.Mars

« Reply #25 on: Wed, 29 March 2023, 21:30:01 »
there will be. still working on the kittings.

Offline CharlotteS

« Reply #26 on: Wed, 12 April 2023, 02:19:36 »
These colours are so sick. glwic

Offline MateKeys

« Reply #27 on: Wed, 12 April 2023, 03:24:37 »
Some people say they don't like this color, I think it varies from person to person, I think it is cool

Offline Jr.Mars

« Reply #28 on: Sun, 23 April 2023, 09:10:49 »
◎ ChangeLog

1. Add WASD keys without dots.
2. Add transparent Stepped CapsLock and R2 PgDn.
3. Change R3-1.75 control to brown.
4. Colors are approved except the dark green. Waiting for dark green caps samples.
5. Vendors List is almost done.
6. Waiting for production, production will be done in June.

Offline aicyborg

I might have missed something but if the first render is correct you don't have an R4 |\ for complete ISO-UK support, just the <> which isn't right.

Offline involuntarysoul

please add white [ and ] key so ppl can break up the huge red blab on the right side

Offline Jr.Mars

BTW the WASD dots keys are tripleshot, not uv print

Offline Jr.Mars

please add white [ and ] key so ppl can break up the huge red blab on the right side

Thanks for your suggestion. But add these two keys will increase the finalized pricing.
I don't want the base kit pricing too expensive.So I have to make some choices
« Last Edit: Mon, 24 April 2023, 03:41:39 by Jr.Mars »

Offline involuntarysoul

Thanks for your suggestion. But add these two keys will increase the finalized pricing.
I don't want the base kit pricing too expensive.So I have to make some choices
that is unfortunate, on a 60/65%, the red is too dominating on the right side, visually i much prefer the design on the OG inspiration. the extra F7 and F11 are not really needed
« Last Edit: Mon, 24 April 2023, 11:11:35 by involuntarysoul »

Offline aicyborg

Cool, but please fix the ISO-UK support too! It is currently wrong. We need an R4 \|, not <>.

Edit since I posted this: The render at the top of the initial post is now correct but, if you're looking for keys to cull, there's no need for R4 <> because you don't also have R3 pipe for terminal ISO.
« Last Edit: Mon, 24 April 2023, 20:11:01 by aicyborg »

Offline EdgeOfInfinity

was wondering about this - very cool! been eying some key kobo for a sec but haven't heard much feedback from previous sets (aside from this thread)

Offline Aquarius

:thumb:

Offline ppatches24

This is a copy paste from the IC I filled out.

I know you answered about the cost in another comment but I REALLLLLLLLLLLY think that you should add a red '0 )' and red '- _' key like the og board as well as adding a white '{ [' and '} ]' keys. I really think that's what makes the og design pop. The solid red strip is NOT pleasing to the eyes at all. The asymmetry on the og board is what makes it look good. The white F7 and F11 are unnecessary. If the manufacture has any JP alphas sub legends I would HIGHLY recommend that. I hope that you take these comments to heart and even if the price needs to be raised im sure that people will be fine with that. You are close to gold on this one. Thank you for your time!!! <3

Great work either way

Offline ppatches24

I really hope you reconsider everyone's wants for a red 0 and - key and a white [ and ] key. Maybe make it a "Novelty kit" instead of changing the design of the base kit. Without those 4 keys this is a sad miss and a skip for me. IT WAS SO CLOSE to perfection.

I would be more willing to buy 4 completely different GMK sets for way more money and make my own at that point.

IO think its really important to add these keys and I really hope you reconsider.

Again make them an expansion kit that you can buy if you want. The solid red on the side is just :( sad panda.

-Someone that REALLY want to buy it but just cant with that solid red stripe.

PS: I know I'm not alone on this thought.

Offline Jr.Mars

This is a copy paste from the IC I filled out.

I know you answered about the cost in another comment but I REALLLLLLLLLLLY think that you should add a red '0 )' and red '- _' key like the og board as well as adding a white '{ [' and '} ]' keys. I really think that's what makes the og design pop. The solid red strip is NOT pleasing to the eyes at all. The asymmetry on the og board is what makes it look good. The white F7 and F11 are unnecessary. If the manufacture has any JP alphas sub legends I would HIGHLY recommend that. I hope that you take these comments to heart and even if the price needs to be raised im sure that people will be fine with that. You are close to gold on this one. Thank you for your time!!! <3

Great work either way

Thanks for your feedback and liking.
I wanted the red part to have a gradient to make it look more structured, so I changed the two keys from red to white.
and now the production is nearing completed, so sorry that i have no chance to change the colors :confused:

Offline Little4Real

Will you be offering a separate alphas kit with Hiragana sub-legends like the Tohsi keyboard?

Offline bizzlesticks

Where is this available besides KFA?

Offline involuntarysoul

Thanks for your feedback and liking.
I wanted the red part to have a gradient to make it look more structured, so I changed the two keys from red to white.
and now the production is nearing completed, so sorry that i have no chance to change the colors :confused:

that might work if you had the dark cream alpha on the inspiration, the alpha on the render is much brighter and clashes with the red, makes the set look really unbalanced. A missed opportunity to make a great set

Offline aicyborg

Counteracting the people inordinately negative over some keys not being a certain colour: I still enjoy this a lot and it's an instant buy for me (once it's available at a UK vendor). If anything, in my opinion Eureka was uglier for using white square-brackets. This is very colourful whilst still feeling... I dunno, cohesive? :thumb:

Offline Sainity

Counteracting the people inordinately negative over some keys not being a certain colour: I still enjoy this a lot and it's an instant buy for me (once it's available at a UK vendor). If anything, in my opinion Eureka was uglier for using white square-brackets. This is very colourful whilst still feeling... I dunno, cohesive? :thumb:

I 100% agree with this. You riffed on the inspiration and made it look great without just being a plain-jane copy  :)

Offline sketch3v

• Sketch
    • Astro
weird colorway but somehow it works for me  ;D

Offline Jr.Mars

◎ Blog 6/19

1. Production finished. Will be shipped to your vendors after their payment complete.
2. Update full base kit photos. More photos click here
3. New kitting renders and board renders. All renders are adjusted based on full base products.
4. Add the deskmat.
5. Update vendor list.

Offline DashanYYY

• Unikeys
Let's gooooo

Offline Groom

I just saw this set of keycaps paired with the Aeroboard70 and was curious about its name, so I immediately saw it here

Offline Formulaw00t

Any plans on having this set at a Canadian vendor?