Author Topic: What's Bothering You? (The thread about what is bothering you.)  (Read 4184834 times)

Offline fohat.digs

• * Elevated Elder
  • weird funny old guy
Re: What's Bothering You? (The thread about what is bothering you.)
« Reply #29750 on: Thu, 09 March 2023, 07:45:56 »

$9 ****ing dollars to get $40

I assumed that $2-$3 was typical, but I have never seen anything like $9.
Never could understand why people haven't gotten behind the CFPB and Biden's fight against junk fees.

"The Trump campaign announced in a letter that Republican candidates and committees are now expected to pay “a minimum of 5% of all fundraising solicitations to Trump National Committee JFC” for using his “name, image, and likeness in fundraising solicitations.”
“Any split that is higher than 5%,” the letter states, “will be seen favorably by the RNC and President Trump's campaign and is routinely reported to the highest levels of leadership within both organizations.”"

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #29751 on: Thu, 09 March 2023, 16:45:51 »

$9 ****ing dollars to get $40

I assumed that $2-$3 was typical, but I have never seen anything like $9.
Never could understand why people haven't gotten behind the CFPB and Biden's fight against junk fees.

3 $3 fees. One from my bank, one from the other bank, and one called an 'inconvenience fee'
Who exactly is inconvenienced here, and so much so it costs $3 of work to correct it?

Offline fohat.digs

• * Elevated Elder
  • weird funny old guy
« Reply #29752 on: Thu, 09 March 2023, 17:19:58 »

Who exactly is inconvenienced here

Are you kidding?

Literally millions of electrons had to get out of bed, shower, get dressed, and go somewhere new through an maze of traces and transistors. If you hadn't gone to the ATM, they could have kept sleeping and would not have been inconvenienced at all!

"The Trump campaign announced in a letter that Republican candidates and committees are now expected to pay “a minimum of 5% of all fundraising solicitations to Trump National Committee JFC” for using his “name, image, and likeness in fundraising solicitations.”
“Any split that is higher than 5%,” the letter states, “will be seen favorably by the RNC and President Trump's campaign and is routinely reported to the highest levels of leadership within both organizations.”"

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #29753 on: Fri, 10 March 2023, 22:14:17 »
I requested more hours from my manager today, and instead of helping out the person who's been there the 2nd longest, she fired me. What the actual ****??
No matter. I was giving her a chance to keep me, since I have a new job lined up I'm supposed to start next week.
She made the choice very easy for me.

When things were working and we were properly staffed, the job was super fun. Too bad that was rarely the case.

Offline phinix

• On a diet.. again.. don't ask...
« Reply #29754 on: Sat, 11 March 2023, 06:02:26 »
I requested more hours from my manager today, and instead of helping out the person who's been there the 2nd longest, she fired me. What the actual ****??
No matter. I was giving her a chance to keep me, since I have a new job lined up I'm supposed to start next week.
She made the choice very easy for me.

When things were working and we were properly staffed, the job was super fun. Too bad that was rarely the case.

Wat?!
How, why did she fired you?
9100 | 3070 | 8TB SSD + 2x 1TB SSD | Z390 Aorus Pro ITX | 16GB RAM | SFX 600W | Sentry 2.0 | Ruark Audio MR1 Mark II | LG OLED 48CX
Realforce 87u55 | CM QuickFire Rapid MX Blacks | NCR-80 87g Gateron Oil Kings | Logitech Pro Superlight
SA: Retro Petscii, 7bit Round6 'Symbiosis', Filco, Carbon Bone Cherry: GMK Laser, OG double shot caps, CRP APL GSA: Retro High-light HSA: Hyperfuse

::: Phinix Cube ::: Phinix Nano Tower ::: Phinix Aurora ::: Phinix Chimera ::: Phinix Retro :::

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
  • OmniExpert of: Rice, Top-Ramen, Ergodox, n Females
« Reply #29755 on: Wed, 15 March 2023, 14:22:10 »
decided to install halo infinite again after a long time,  game won't even launch now on my pc.

guess it's losing support crew.

Offline HipsterPunks

• Gangmember
  • * Maker
« Reply #29756 on: Thu, 16 March 2023, 08:33:02 »
The price of a regular cheeseburger at McDonald’s costing $2.50 + tax
sell out and eat ass

Offline fohat.digs

• * Elevated Elder
  • weird funny old guy
« Reply #29757 on: Thu, 16 March 2023, 08:35:17 »
The price

Get used to it. Prices are not coming down.

Offline phinix

« Reply #29759 on: Mon, 20 March 2023, 05:20:19 »
wow, what a crappy boss.

(Attachment Link)
looks like a crappy game
9100 | 3070 | 8TB SSD + 2x 1TB SSD | Z390 Aorus Pro ITX | 16GB RAM | SFX 600W | Sentry 2.0 | Ruark Audio MR1 Mark II | LG OLED 48CX
Realforce 87u55 | CM QuickFire Rapid MX Blacks | NCR-80 87g Gateron Oil Kings | Logitech Pro Superlight
SA: Retro Petscii, 7bit Round6 'Symbiosis', Filco, Carbon Bone Cherry: GMK Laser, OG double shot caps, CRP APL GSA: Retro High-light HSA: Hyperfuse

::: Phinix Cube ::: Phinix Nano Tower ::: Phinix Aurora ::: Phinix Chimera ::: Phinix Retro :::

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #29760 on: Tue, 21 March 2023, 21:26:23 »
aghhhh.... ate too much ketchup... too acidi(, stomach ache... achhhhgh...

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #29761 on: Wed, 22 March 2023, 01:28:53 »
I'm sad :(

Offline phinix

« Reply #29762 on: Wed, 22 March 2023, 08:23:08 »

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #29763 on: Wed, 22 March 2023, 08:44:11 »

Why you said, Noisy?

Just generally. No money, no job, no food, no friends, no car, no woman. Just generally sad.

Offline phinix

« Reply #29764 on: Wed, 22 March 2023, 10:27:12 »

Why you said, Noisy?

Just generally. No money, no job, no food, no friends, no car, no woman. Just generally sad.

I wish I could help you, I'm same, feeling depressed most of the time.
At least, if you were somewhere close, I could invite you for a nice dinner  :)
Everyone who I cooked for, say my food makes them happy, I think you would like it too.

EDIT: tp, not just veggies, but also some nice meat - noisy likes meat :)
« Last Edit: Wed, 22 March 2023, 10:35:53 by phinix »

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #29766 on: Mon, 27 March 2023, 20:07:52 »
well you are using some horrible filter...

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #29767 on: Mon, 27 March 2023, 21:13:08 »

It's 6xbrz. imho, the native pixels are not the intended image.

Crt filters are OK, but because of the way the contrast works on LCDs, there's no compensation for that, and the reduced edge clarity makes visual depth worse.

Can play perfectly on an actual crt, but it's too impractical in terms of placement in the room with other gear.

No perfect solution.

Offline phinix

« Reply #29768 on: Tue, 28 March 2023, 04:16:51 »

It's 6xbrz. imho, the native pixels are not the intended image.

Crt filters are OK, but because of the way the contrast works on LCDs, there's no compensation for that, and the reduced edge clarity makes visual depth worse.

Can play perfectly on an actual crt, but it's too impractical in terms of placement in the room with other gear.

No perfect solution.

yeah, that filter is used on all old games that needs to be run on modern hardware.
Not ideal, a bit weird, pretty annoying for longer periods.

I'm planning to buy Amiga Mini, I hope that one looks better on new lcd.

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #29769 on: Tue, 28 March 2023, 09:17:16 »
yeah, that filter is used on all old games that needs to be run on modern hardware.
Not ideal, a bit weird, pretty annoying for longer periods.

there are really powerful CRT shaders now for -reshade- , but again, it's hard to truly mirror the CRT FEEL, because CRT has dynamic contrast, dynamic saturation, AND, near perfect 60hz motion clarity.

Even the best LCD right now has trouble with 60hz.

Offline HoffmanMyster

• HOFF, smol MAN OF MYSTERY
  • * Senior Moderator
« Reply #29770 on: Thu, 30 March 2023, 11:17:00 »

What are your favorite Amiga games? I've played around a little bit with the Amiga core on MiSTer and love the system but don't always know what to play. Any recommendations?

PS, highly recommend the MiSTer for your Amiga-emulating needs if you're ready for that kind of commitment.

Offline phinix

« Reply #29771 on: Thu, 30 March 2023, 17:35:32 »

What are your favorite Amiga games? I've played around a little bit with the Amiga core on MiSTer and love the system but don't always know what to play. Any recommendations?

PS, highly recommend the MiSTer for your Amiga-emulating needs if you're ready for that kind of commitment.

I never had Amiga. My first computer was Commodore 128, then after 2 years PC, 386SX. For those 2 years I wanted to buy Amiga 500, I even already collected over 50 games on floppy discs :) Then my dad said that if i want PC we can buy it, so it blew my mind and got PC.

I want to buy Amiga mini to play all those famous games, which some I played on PC.
Fury of the Furries, Super Frog, Pushover, Cannon Fodder, Chaos Engine, Another World, Lemmings, Flashback, Cadaver, Gods, Monkey Island, Zak McKracken, Indiana Jones...
To name a few :)

MiSTer sounds good, but just looked and its over £200. To expensive. Recently I spend more on camera lens, so £90 for Amiga Mini is max I would go  :thumb:

Offline HoffmanMyster

• * Senior Moderator
« Reply #29772 on: Thu, 30 March 2023, 17:53:22 »
I never had Amiga. My first computer was Commodore 128, then after 2 years PC, 386SX. For those 2 years I wanted to buy Amiga 500, I even already collected over 50 games on floppy discs :) Then my dad said that if i want PC we can buy it, so it blew my mind and got PC.

I want to buy Amiga mini to play all those famous games, which some I played on PC.
Fury of the Furries, Super Frog, Pushover, Cannon Fodder, Chaos Engine, Another World, Lemmings, Flashback, Cadaver, Gods, Monkey Island, Zak McKracken, Indiana Jones...

MiSTer sounds good, but just looked and its over £200. To expensive. Recently I spend more on camera lens, so £90 for Amiga Mini is max I would go  :thumb:

Oh wow! So kind of reliving a childhood/past that never was. :D That's really fun. Pretty similar to how I enjoy so many retro games now that I missed out on when I was younger - only difference is you actually bought the games!

Thank you for the list of classics! I know I can always google similar lists, but it's fun to get peoples' perspectives on what they would play, etc.

From your list, I've only played two - Lemmings (who hasn't played some version of lemmings) and Monkey Island (really only started a game, I need to finish that...). And holy crap, the Amiga version of Monkey Island compared to PC... the audio on the Amiga is SO GOOD! Where on the PC you needed the Roland MIDI add-on, or whatever the actual implementation was, the Amiga by default was just great. :O

I think you'll really enjoy the Amiga Mini ;)

Online iri

« Reply #29773 on: Sat, 01 April 2023, 03:49:15 »
My first computer was Commodore 128
Wow, someone is posh. My first computer was a Sinclair Spectrum 48k :'(
(...)Whereas back then I wrote about the tyranny of the majority, today I'd combine that with the tyranny of the minorities. These days, you have to be careful of both. They both want to control you. The first group, by making you do the same thing over and over again. The second group is indicated by the letters I get from the Vassar girls who want me to put more women's lib in The Martian Chronicles, or from blacks who want more black people in Dandelion Wine.
I say to both bunches, Whether you're a majority or minority, bug off! To hell with anybody who wants to tell me what to write. Their society breaks down into subsections of minorities who then, in effect, burn books by banning them. All this political correctness that's rampant on campuses is b.s.

-Ray Bradbury

Offline phinix

« Reply #29774 on: Sat, 01 April 2023, 17:46:15 »

Nah, you know our situation back in 80s. I was 8 years old and had to take a trip to Berlin with my father to buy Commodore, cause there was no way to buy it in Poland.
I remember those 24 hours trips - get to Berlin in a bus full of people going there to buy stuff, have 4 hours for shopping in city center and back to the bus. People were buying everything, from VHS, computers, satellite dishes to chocolate, orange juices, toys etc. Then sit on those boxes while getting through the borders, make sure customs officers won't notice anything  :thumb:
Beauty of communism era  ;D

Offline phinix

« Reply #29775 on: Sat, 01 April 2023, 17:54:34 »

Oh wow! So kind of reliving a childhood/past that never was. :D That's really fun. Pretty similar to how I enjoy so many retro games now that I missed out on when I was younger - only difference is you actually bought the games!

Thank you for the list of classics! I know I can always google similar lists, but it's fun to get peoples' perspectives on what they would play, etc.

From your list, I've only played two - Lemmings (who hasn't played some version of lemmings) and Monkey Island (really only started a game, I need to finish that...). And holy crap, the Amiga version of Monkey Island compared to PC... the audio on the Amiga is SO GOOD! Where on the PC you needed the Roland MIDI add-on, or whatever the actual implementation was, the Amiga by default was just great. :O

I think you'll really enjoy the Amiga Mini ;)

"bought"... hmm... how should I explain it :)
You see, back in 80s in Poland there was no actual way to buy original game. They were all pirate copies. Nobody had an original game, we had communism, only way to buy original game was to trip abroad, like to Berlin. So when I said I gathered those games - I meant I got copies from my friends who actually had Amiga (also pirate copies, as nobody had originals). I even remember that I had all those floppy discs in a plastic container after some fruits, like this one below, it had perfect width for 3.5" floppies  :)

« Last Edit: Sat, 01 April 2023, 17:56:43 by phinix »

Offline HoffmanMyster

• * Senior Moderator
« Reply #29776 on: Sat, 01 April 2023, 18:02:48 »
You see, back in 80s in Poland there was no actual way to buy original game. They were all pirate copies. Nobody had an original game, we had communism, only way to buy original game was to trip abroad, like to Berlin. So when I said I gathered those games - I meant I got copies from my friends who actually had Amiga (also pirate copies, as nobody had originals). I even remember that I had all those floppy discs in a plastic container after some fruits, like this one below, it had perfect width for 3.5" floppies  :)

Show Image

Haha, clearly I have forgotten about the prevalence of piracy during that time, and especially in that region. :)) So, much less of a loss than I initially thought, but still it must have taken effort and time to collect all of those! ;)

Offline phinix

« Reply #29777 on: Sat, 01 April 2023, 18:34:08 »

Show Image

Haha, clearly I have forgotten about the prevalence of piracy during that time, and especially in that region. :)) So, much less of a loss than I initially thought, but still it must have taken effort and time to collect all of those! ;)
Ooh, of course! Imagine 10 year old boy, dreaming of his computer and all the games he saw at friends' houses, just waiting for that moment in the future when maybe he will have his own Amiga. I bought floppy discs, labelling them with titles of games I wanted to play. I was saving money to buy every single floppy, I remember even taking a trip to city center to buy just a few (back then you could buy floppies per piece, not whole boxes). Taking tramway 30 minutes to city center to buy 2 floppy discs, going back and thinking what games I will get on those :))
Funny times...

Offline Findecanor

« Reply #29778 on: Sat, 01 April 2023, 18:44:52 »
When I was young, I wanted an Amiga for years. Not for the games but for CAD. My parents got me a C64, a disk drive and then an Atari STe, because they didn't understand.
I had to buy an Amiga for my own money once I could, which was quite late.
But the journey introduced me to games, and to programming, and I found what I wanted to do with my life.

Many old games I remember fondly seem quite primitive by today's standards: not just in graphics and sound but also in the gameplay department.
I played a lot of Worms and Roketz against friends. The latter was late in Amiga's heyday and shareware, each copy registered to a paying customer, so it might be hard to find.
« Last Edit: Sat, 01 April 2023, 18:50:11 by Findecanor »

Online iri

« Reply #29779 on: Sun, 02 April 2023, 09:07:06 »

Nah, you know our situation back in 80s. I was 8 years old and had to take a trip to Berlin with my father to buy Commodore, cause there was no way to buy it in Poland.
I remember those 24 hours trips - get to Berlin in a bus full of people going there to buy stuff, have 4 hours for shopping in city center and back to the bus. People were buying everything, from VHS, computers, satellite dishes to chocolate, orange juices, toys etc. Then sit on those boxes while getting through the borders, make sure customs officers won't notice anything  :thumb:
Wow, someone is posh. You could get to a capitalist country without an exit visa!
(...)Whereas back then I wrote about the tyranny of the majority, today I'd combine that with the tyranny of the minorities. These days, you have to be careful of both. They both want to control you. The first group, by making you do the same thing over and over again. The second group is indicated by the letters I get from the Vassar girls who want me to put more women's lib in The Martian Chronicles, or from blacks who want more black people in Dandelion Wine.
I say to both bunches, Whether you're a majority or minority, bug off! To hell with anybody who wants to tell me what to write. Their society breaks down into subsections of minorities who then, in effect, burn books by banning them. All this political correctness that's rampant on campuses is b.s.

-Ray Bradbury

Offline phinix

« Reply #29780 on: Sun, 02 April 2023, 11:56:30 »

Wow, someone is posh. You could get to a capitalist country without an exit visa!

oh... not posh :P
It was Eastern Berlin :)

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #29781 on: Fri, 07 April 2023, 08:56:16 »
Not very politically correct.  male characters can't wear a dress.

298063-0

Offline HoffmanMyster

• * Senior Moderator
« Reply #29782 on: Fri, 07 April 2023, 11:14:32 »

(Attachment Link)

It's a 30 year old game, things have come a long way since then.

Equally bothersome is that god-awful scaler/smoother you're using, yikes. This is something you can change, tp.

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #29783 on: Fri, 07 April 2023, 11:20:30 »

(Attachment Link)

Equally bothersome is that god-awful scaler/smoother you're using, yikes. This is something you can change, tp.

there are some interesting -reshade- crt shaders out now which replicate trinitrons very well.

Offline HoffmanMyster

• * Senior Moderator
« Reply #29784 on: Fri, 07 April 2023, 11:41:34 »

(Attachment Link)

there are some interesting -reshade- crt shaders out now which replicate trinitrons very well.

Exactly :P That's what you should be using instead :D

Ooh, of course! Imagine 10 year old boy, dreaming of his computer and all the games he saw at friends' houses, just waiting for that moment in the future when maybe he will have his own Amiga. I bought floppy discs, labelling them with titles of games I wanted to play. I was saving money to buy every single floppy, I remember even taking a trip to city center to buy just a few (back then you could buy floppies per piece, not whole boxes). Taking tramway 30 minutes to city center to buy 2 floppy discs, going back and thinking what games I will get on those :))
Funny times...

Oh wow, I didn't experience this era of computing first-hand, but thank you for the (for me) fictitious walk down memory lane. :) By the time I was an active computer user, floppies were still king, but increasingly cheap and bulk-purchased. Then the transition to zip floppies, CD-RW, and flash drives felt instantaneous, haha. Anyway, I can imagine the joy and annoyance of needing to travel all the way into the city for a single floppy. :))  What a time.

Many old games I remember fondly seem quite primitive by today's standards: not just in graphics and sound but also in the gameplay department.
I played a lot of Worms and Roketz against friends. The latter was late in Amiga's heyday and shareware, each copy registered to a paying customer, so it might be hard to find.

You're not wrong about the games seeming primitive, but there is a sweet spot in there where the 2D graphics had gotten really impressive and gameplay more complex and fleshed out (for consoles, the SNES era). From the little exposure I've had to Amiga, I think it might be in that ideal zone of retro gaming as well. I'll see if I can get Roketz to work with my setup - it's "mostly" a plug n play configuration, maybe the files have been modified to make it all work easily.

Offline CaesarAZealad

• Racc
« Reply #29785 on: Fri, 07 April 2023, 13:10:31 »
Just noticed it cost me $9 in fees to take cash out of an ATM not from my bank.
$9 ****ing dollars to get $40!!!!!!
Such a scam
Did your mom not teach you this 0.0
usually there's a prompt too that just goes "Hey bro we're taking 1.5% in tax because you don't roll with us, all good chief?"

(Attachment Link)

Reminder, all clothes are unisex if you're not a coward.
One, Two, Three, Four, Five, Six, Seven, Eight, Nine, Ten, Eleven, Twelve, Thirteen, Fourteen, Fifteen, Sixteen, Seventeen, Eighteen, Nineteen, Twenty... Yeah that seems about right.
"Ask your mother how good I can use more than two fingers." - Caesar, 2023

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #29786 on: Sat, 08 April 2023, 00:23:53 »
The name of the abortion pill being blocked by judges is Mifepristone?

quite an inelegant name.

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #29787 on: Sat, 08 April 2023, 00:32:38 »
Chartreuse was already hard to find and expensive for something integral to a lot of popular cocktails.
Now it's about to become even moreso.
https://www.wsj.com/articles/chartreuse-craft-cocktails-liqueur-french-monks-4c07df33

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #29788 on: Sat, 08 April 2023, 00:59:59 »
Chartreuse was already hard to find and expensive for something integral to a lot of popular cocktails.
https://www.wsj.com/articles/chartreuse-craft-cocktails-liqueur-french-monks-4c07df33

This falls under artificial scarcity.  if they were selling the stuff at 35-70 a bottle before, it's something well in its mass production phase, neither special nor rare.

liquor is 99% marketing, 1% narcotics.

Offline CaesarAZealad

• Racc
« Reply #29789 on: Sat, 08 April 2023, 21:45:55 »
Actually kinda based devoting more of your time to your faith than making liqueur to enable people’s vices.
One, Two, Three, Four, Five, Six, Seven, Eight, Nine, Ten, Eleven, Twelve, Thirteen, Fourteen, Fifteen, Sixteen, Seventeen, Eighteen, Nineteen, Twenty... Yeah that seems about right.

Offline fohat.digs

• * Elevated Elder
  • weird funny old guy
« Reply #29790 on: Sat, 08 April 2023, 21:49:25 »

quite an inelegant name.

Drugs are named by pulling 3 pieces of paper with random syllables out of a hat.

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #29791 on: Sat, 08 April 2023, 23:35:02 »
Actually kinda based devoting more of your time to your faith than making liqueur to enable people’s vices.

which is why it's all bs.  there ARE NO MEN OF FAITH.  it's among the world's oldest scam.

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #29792 on: Sun, 09 April 2023, 11:17:38 »
back from an indian restaurant,

had the roti + assorted gravies platter,  6 small bowls of gravy, but tp4 swears there was 2 tablespoons of oil in each bowl.

so, now, EITHER tp4 is turbo charged with ayuverdic medicine spice energy, OR, he's about to have massive congestive heart failure.

feeling extremely hotted, and greezy.

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #29793 on: Sun, 09 April 2023, 18:04:49 »
back from an indian restaurant,

had the roti + assorted gravies platter,  6 small bowls of gravy, but tp4 swears there was 2 tablespoons of oil in each bowl.

so, now, EITHER tp4 is turbo charged with ayuverdic medicine spice energy, OR, he's about to have massive congestive heart failure.

feeling extremely hotted, and greezy.

Show Image

Indian food is really some of the most unhealthy food you can get. Many foods are fried in oil or butter, 70%-80% carbs for the plate between the roti and rice, a lot of sugar even in savory dishes.
High carbs, high sugar, low protein, and in India exercise is not really a thing people do as a hobby.

Check out Sattvic style Indian food. Much lighter, and healthier, but still all the spices and taste. Super good.

Offline CaesarAZealad

• Racc
« Reply #29794 on: Sun, 09 April 2023, 20:28:03 »

which is why it's all bs.  there ARE NO MEN OF FAITH.  it's among the world's oldest scam.

Upvotes to the left gentleman.
EDIT: Thank you kind stranger!

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #29795 on: Tue, 18 April 2023, 08:00:25 »
played with an amd 6850u lappy today, it's kwaazzi fast.  just insanity at its power consumption.   7 series will be even faster.

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #29796 on: Tue, 18 April 2023, 08:18:27 »
Been doing 200x arm curls with a 25lb weight 4x a week for 4 months and seen no gains in my biceps.

Why?

This is pointless. What am I doing wrong? I do not understand.

Offline fohat.digs

• * Elevated Elder
  • weird funny old guy
« Reply #29797 on: Tue, 18 April 2023, 08:43:14 »

seen no gains

This is pointless.

When I started Tae Kwon Do a couple of decades ago I wanted to lose 10-15 pounds. I was surprised that I never really lost any pounds, but I did redistirbute my body weight and converted a lot of fat to muscle.

Just because you don't see changes doesn't mean they are not there. Look at gymnasts and swimmers - extremely strong but very skinny.

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #29798 on: Tue, 18 April 2023, 08:55:44 »
Been doing 200x arm curls with a 25lb weight 4x a week for 4 months and seen no gains in my biceps.

Why?

This is pointless. What am I doing wrong? I do not understand.

not enuff veggies eaten.