Author Topic: What are you watching? The thread about what you're watching.  (Read 374299 times)

Offline fohat.digs

• * Elevated Elder
  • weird funny old guy
Re: What are you watching? The thread about what you're watching.
« Reply #1500 on: Thu, 25 August 2022, 20:57:43 »
Just finished "Better Call Saul" and the ending was unsettling, just like the entirety of the show. The whole black and white thing in Tulsa was frustrating and a waste of time, but I suppose that they wanted to demonstrate again how deeply damaged he was - and would always be.

I am glad to be finished with it. The show was fascinating but it did not enhance my respect for the human race. I hope that there aren't really very many people like that in real life.

State Freedom Caucus News 2024
Missouri state Senator Nick Schroer sponsors a bill that would allow senators to duel one another — in the Senate chambers! – legally.

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #1501 on: Fri, 26 August 2022, 01:41:12 »
Just finished "Better Call Saul" and the ending was unsettling, just like the entirety of the show. The whole black and white thing in Tulsa was frustrating and a waste of time, but I suppose that they wanted to demonstrate again how deeply damaged he was - and would always be.

I am glad to be finished with it. The show was fascinating but it did not enhance my respect for the human race. I hope that there aren't really very many people like that in real life.

I like how the show ultimately showed how he regressed into Saul from Jimmy. They really drove home how every other character that knew him just as Saul saw him as a shallow con man.

Offline fohat.digs

• * Elevated Elder
  • weird funny old guy
« Reply #1502 on: Tue, 30 August 2022, 07:44:38 »
I am a couple of episodes into Moonhaven and I am still scratching my head wondering about the overarching concept.

The Moon/utopia scenario seems to be coming into focus but we are still completely in the dark regarding the Earth, except for the notion that it is an impossible hellhole.

How is the success of a tiny colony supposed to cause the juggernaut of the entire human race to make a u-turn in every aspect of its existence ?

Missouri state Senator Nick Schroer sponsors a bill that would allow senators to duel one another — in the Senate chambers! – legally.

Offline phinix

• On a diet.. again.. don't ask...
« Reply #1503 on: Tue, 30 August 2022, 15:03:10 »
Watched Phenomenon, 1996, with John Travolta.
I remember going to cinema to see it when it was out.
Nice movie, little bit sad, but it moves you in a good way.

9100 | 3070 | 8TB SSD + 2x 1TB SSD | Z390 Aorus Pro ITX | 16GB RAM | SFX 600W | Sentry 2.0 | Ruark Audio MR1 Mark II | LG OLED 48CX
Realforce 87u55 | CM QuickFire Rapid MX Blacks | NCR-80 87g Gateron Oil Kings | Logitech Pro Superlight
SA: Retro Petscii, 7bit Round6 'Symbiosis', Filco, Carbon Bone Cherry: GMK Laser, OG double shot caps, CRP APL GSA: Retro High-light HSA: Hyperfuse

::: Phinix Cube ::: Phinix Nano Tower ::: Phinix Aurora ::: Phinix Chimera ::: Phinix Retro :::

Offline Leslieann

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #1504 on: Wed, 31 August 2022, 01:34:16 »
Ok... yea....dat Top gon' movie were pretty gud with all the kekekekekek wooooosh, pwwwwwwwooooooooooo....

HDR effects were subtle, well balanced, does not unnecessarily draw attention.

Just watched it...  Visually it was great..

I felt like I needed a lobotomy to erase everything I know about the military and fighter jets.
This was Fast and Furious in fighter jets, not saying it wasn't enjoyable, but I may have broken records for the number of eyerolls.
Novelkeys NK65AE w/62g Zilents/39g springs
More
62g Zilents/lubed/Novelkeys 39g springs, HK Gaming Thick PBT caps, Netdot Gen10 magnetic cable, pic
| Filco MJ2 L.E. Vortex Case, Jailhouse Blues, heavily customized
More
Vortex case squared up/blasted finish removed/custom feet/paint/winkey blockoff plate, HID Liberator, stainless steel universal plate, 3d printed adapters, Type C, Netdot Gen10 magnetic cable, foam sound dampened, HK Gaming Thick PBT caps (o-ringed), Cherry Jailhouse Blues w/lubed/clipped Cherry light springs, 40g actuation
| GMMK TKL
More
w/ Kailh Purple Pros/lubed/Novelkeys 39g springs, HK Gaming Thick PBT caps, Netdot Gen10 Magnetic cable
| PF65 3d printed 65% w/LCD and hot swap
More
Box Jades, Interchangeable trim, mini lcd, QMK, underglow, HK Gaming Thick PBT caps, O-rings, Netdot Gen10 magnetic cable, in progress link
| Magicforce 68
More
MF68 pcb, Outemu Blues, in progress
| YMDK75 Jail Housed Gateron Blues
More
J-spacers, YMDK Thick PBT, O-rings, SIP sockets
| KBT Race S L.E.
More
Ergo Clears, custom WASD caps
| Das Pro
More
Costar model with browns
| GH60
More
Cherry Blacks, custom 3d printed case
| Logitech Illumininated | IBM Model M (x2)
Definitive Omron Guide. | 3d printed Keyboard FAQ/Discussion

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
  • OmniExpert of: Rice, Top-Ramen, Ergodox, n Females
« Reply #1505 on: Wed, 31 August 2022, 07:19:29 »
Ok... yea....dat Top gon' movie were pretty gud with all the kekekekekek wooooosh, pwwwwwwwooooooooooo....

HDR effects were subtle, well balanced, does not unnecessarily draw attention.

Just watched it...  Visually it was great..

I felt like I needed a lobotomy to erase everything I know about the military and fighter jets.
This was Fast and Furious in fighter jets, not saying it wasn't enjoyable, but I may have broken records for the number of eyerolls.

It was TOTALLY survivable,  source,  this movie!

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #1506 on: Wed, 31 August 2022, 15:17:44 »
Resident Evil Apocalypse was legit fun, I enjoyed it more than the 1st and much more than the 3rd movies. Great weekend flick, a good b-movie time.
Jill is so insanely hot and badass, I'm in love. 

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #1507 on: Wed, 31 August 2022, 17:43:46 »
Bah... just watched unpre(edented,  the heavily advertised drvmph documentary 3 episodes on Discovery+. 

Not worth the time,  extremely washed down, no bite, nothing notable.

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #1508 on: Fri, 02 September 2022, 21:03:56 »
From Star Trek the Motion picture, they'iz says, a Super Intelligence Machine God with Logical Processes in Perfect Order,  Copies a crewman of the Enterprise, "Exactingly"....

SOoooooo Exactingly,   that it decided, instead of the crewman's original ship uniform outfit, she'd wear high heels and miniskirt,  of course,  only a super AI could come up with that.

291078-0

Offline iri

« Reply #1509 on: Sun, 04 September 2022, 03:14:20 »
Exactly how I feel watching any western production that includes anything about Russia or Russians =)
(...)Whereas back then I wrote about the tyranny of the majority, today I'd combine that with the tyranny of the minorities. These days, you have to be careful of both. They both want to control you. The first group, by making you do the same thing over and over again. The second group is indicated by the letters I get from the Vassar girls who want me to put more women's lib in The Martian Chronicles, or from blacks who want more black people in Dandelion Wine.
I say to both bunches, Whether you're a majority or minority, bug off! To hell with anybody who wants to tell me what to write. Their society breaks down into subsections of minorities who then, in effect, burn books by banning them. All this political correctness that's rampant on campuses is b.s.

-Ray Bradbury

Offline phinix

« Reply #1510 on: Sun, 04 September 2022, 16:20:26 »
Exactly how I feel watching any western production that includes anything about Russia or Russians =)

I feel the same about anything that includes Poland or Polish people.
I was asked few times (here in UK) at work if its true that in Poland we have winter all the time, bears wander around on streets and all Polish people walk with ak47 under their coats... Seriously - I had few british people thinking like that.
9100 | 3070 | 8TB SSD + 2x 1TB SSD | Z390 Aorus Pro ITX | 16GB RAM | SFX 600W | Sentry 2.0 | Ruark Audio MR1 Mark II | LG OLED 48CX
Realforce 87u55 | CM QuickFire Rapid MX Blacks | NCR-80 87g Gateron Oil Kings | Logitech Pro Superlight
SA: Retro Petscii, 7bit Round6 'Symbiosis', Filco, Carbon Bone Cherry: GMK Laser, OG double shot caps, CRP APL GSA: Retro High-light HSA: Hyperfuse

::: Phinix Cube ::: Phinix Nano Tower ::: Phinix Aurora ::: Phinix Chimera ::: Phinix Retro :::

Offline fohat.digs

• * Elevated Elder
  • weird funny old guy
« Reply #1511 on: Sun, 04 September 2022, 19:00:24 »
I strongly recommend any and all of Michael Pollan's books.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/How_to_Change_Your_Mind_(miniseries)

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #1512 on: Sun, 04 September 2022, 22:13:09 »
Watching "Intergalactic"  , a UK sci_fi tv show.   Very good production value.

Basic plot premise, Lesbians in Space.   it's a mash of a bit of everything, trek, bebop, firefly, foundation, . 

No bad.. but the dialog is a bit bland.

Offline iri

« Reply #1513 on: Mon, 05 September 2022, 03:50:52 »

I was asked few times (here in UK) at work if its true that in Poland we have winter all the time, bears wander around on streets and all Polish people walk with ak47 under their coats... Seriously - I had few british people thinking like that.
😂😂😂😂😂
(...)Whereas back then I wrote about the tyranny of the majority, today I'd combine that with the tyranny of the minorities. These days, you have to be careful of both. They both want to control you. The first group, by making you do the same thing over and over again. The second group is indicated by the letters I get from the Vassar girls who want me to put more women's lib in The Martian Chronicles, or from blacks who want more black people in Dandelion Wine.
I say to both bunches, Whether you're a majority or minority, bug off! To hell with anybody who wants to tell me what to write. Their society breaks down into subsections of minorities who then, in effect, burn books by banning them. All this political correctness that's rampant on campuses is b.s.

-Ray Bradbury

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #1514 on: Mon, 05 September 2022, 07:30:59 »

Tp4 was told it rained all the time.

Offline phinix

« Reply #1515 on: Mon, 05 September 2022, 10:11:47 »

Tp4 was told it rained all the time.

No, it doesn't rain all the time in Poland. Only in one or two months, but again not all the time, just some days. Compared to Scotland its a desert.
Summers are hot - 30-40C, winters depends where, but nice and chill.

Offline iri

« Reply #1516 on: Mon, 05 September 2022, 11:29:00 »
Why would it rain all the time in Poland? It's a fair bit into the continent.

-Ray Bradbury

Offline Leslieann

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #1517 on: Mon, 05 September 2022, 13:20:15 »

Rain is dependent on air currents more than just simply relation to water, a good example is Hawaii where the Eastern side gets 6x the rain as the west side (Hilo - 120inches vs Kailua-Kona  - 18).

AVG rainfall per year: (rounded in inches)
Inland
St. Louis - 41 inches
Kansas City - 39
Chicago - 41
Oklahoma City - 39
Columbia, Tennessee - 57
Shelbyville, Tennessee  - 59

Coastal
San Francisco - 22
Los Angeles - 14
Atlanta - 47
Seattle - 40
New York City - 41

Take note of Seattle, for all the complaints about it being so wet, it's really nothing special in that regard.
More
62g Zilents/lubed/Novelkeys 39g springs, HK Gaming Thick PBT caps, Netdot Gen10 magnetic cable, pic
More
Vortex case squared up/blasted finish removed/custom feet/paint/winkey blockoff plate, HID Liberator, stainless steel universal plate, 3d printed adapters, Type C, Netdot Gen10 magnetic cable, foam sound dampened, HK Gaming Thick PBT caps (o-ringed), Cherry Jailhouse Blues w/lubed/clipped Cherry light springs, 40g actuation
| GMMK TKL
More
w/ Kailh Purple Pros/lubed/Novelkeys 39g springs, HK Gaming Thick PBT caps, Netdot Gen10 Magnetic cable
More
Box Jades, Interchangeable trim, mini lcd, QMK, underglow, HK Gaming Thick PBT caps, O-rings, Netdot Gen10 magnetic cable, in progress link
| Magicforce 68
More
More
| KBT Race S L.E.
More
| Das Pro
More
Costar model with browns
| GH60
More

Offline iri

« Reply #1518 on: Mon, 05 September 2022, 13:39:55 »

Rain is dependent on air currents more than just simply relation to water
In Europe, really rainy places are mostly on the Western shores or up in the mountains.

I compared Seattle with St Louis by the number of rainy days. The former has 151 per year, the latter, 99. Guess that's where the former's reputation comes from. I can't be arsed to compare the rest.

-Ray Bradbury

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #1519 on: Mon, 05 September 2022, 16:26:20 »
Katla (Icelandic),  mystery involving volcano ash.

Great cinematography, awesome color grading,   Plot is very very slow though with chill music.

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #1520 on: Mon, 05 September 2022, 17:00:39 »
The Silent Sea.   (Koreans + Space station)

Pretty decent, although some plot points are a bit tedious / unnecessary.

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #1521 on: Mon, 05 September 2022, 22:52:15 »
Been watching Peep-Show on recommendation. I generally enjoy David Mitchell in all his awkward uptight mannerisms, but this is really not for me. It's all about relationships, and social interaction. I just don't identify with the material whatsoever.
I find it all very depressing and alien.

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #1522 on: Tue, 06 September 2022, 15:16:15 »
yea peep show isn't as good as  it-crowd.. that's for sure.

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #1523 on: Sat, 24 September 2022, 17:42:40 »
the enforcer,  sigh.. it's like they're not even trying anymore.

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #1524 on: Sat, 01 October 2022, 21:18:54 »
Hocus Pocus 2,  thoughts ?

it's pretty well made "for its intended audience".  obviously, most of us aged out at this point.

Offline phinix

« Reply #1525 on: Mon, 03 October 2022, 04:56:29 »
Watched few movies lately.

Lou. Pretty ok, I like main actress, so wanted to see her latest go.

Blonde . Well... its like a compressed interpretation of all rumours and conspiracy theories that were circulating around her life's story.
Not a "Teletubbies" kinda thing, a bit drastic at times. I adore Ana, so had to watch it, but was on the edge losing respect for her after that movie, I hope it won't affect her career.

The Guns of Navarone. TP suggested it in other thread, so wanted to watch it. Good old fashion movie. Of course some scenes are kinda weird looking, like theatrical (Joey acting skills :)), as its old fashion acting, but still enjoyable.

« Last Edit: Mon, 03 October 2022, 05:04:53 by phinix »

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #1526 on: Mon, 03 October 2022, 23:24:35 »

There are alot of problems with this movie.

It glamorizes prostitution from the women's fantasy perspective instead of men's. but girl power isn't the problem. any glamorization of prostitution is bad.

Prostitution is the result of socio-economic inequality and historic caste systems. (Ideally) One should not logically be able to choose to become a prostitute. Regardless if that is their Best or Only option, it is an option at the failure of social support structures or lack thereof.

It should absolutely be decriminalized, but it is very problematic to paint prostitution as something someone wants to and absolutely loves doing (which is one of the movie's primary narrative). Someone can absolutely want and love secs, but the existence of it for Sale is a collective societal failure to provide equal education and opportunity to all.  This organizational inefficiency + societal level behavioral sink has gone out of control. The world today purchasing hedonism at the maximum cost to the environment is not sustainable, it is an accelerated death spiral.

Offline Sintpinty

• Carbon Based Life Form
  • she/her/they/them/any except he him
    • My Roblox Profile
« Reply #1527 on: Tue, 04 October 2022, 15:55:38 »
Ya girl just ordered tickets for wakanda forever at 2022-11-10 at 6:30 pm in 4dx

Offline ArchDill

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #1528 on: Tue, 04 October 2022, 16:25:12 »
Started my Halloween Movie Marathon! So far I have watched:

-Beetlejiuce
-Dark Shadows
-House of a 1000 Corpses
-The Lost Boys
-Invasion of the Bodysnatchers
-A Nightmare on Elm Street
-A Nightmare on Elm Street 2

Still have a ton more to go.

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #1530 on: Tue, 04 October 2022, 18:29:37 »
Rings Of Power is quite possibly the most boring thing I have subjected myself to in years. I literally fell asleep during the first episode, decided to keep giving it a try, and could not even make it through the second. Like holy crow, how could they take such rich source material and make it so excruciatingly and endlessly dull? Easily one of the least entertaining and droning series I've seen in quite some time.

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #1531 on: Tue, 04 October 2022, 19:14:17 »
Rings Of Power is quite possibly the most boring thing I have subjected myself to in years. I literally fell asleep during the first episode, decided to keep giving it a try, and could not even make it through the second. Like holy crow, how could they take such rich source material and make it so excruciatingly and endlessly dull? Easily one of the least entertaining and droning series I've seen in quite some time.

yea tried watching it,  it's pretty lame.

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #1532 on: Thu, 06 October 2022, 00:08:11 »
Star Trek Lower Decks,  just every episode is Spot on, they seamlessly do homage to all the gud' trek stuff.

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #1533 on: Fri, 07 October 2022, 18:53:12 »
Started my Halloween Movie Marathon! So far I have watched:
-Beetlejiuce
-Dark Shadows
-House of a 1000 Corpses
-The Lost Boys
-Invasion of the Bodysnatchers
-A Nightmare on Elm Street
-A Nightmare on Elm Street 2
Gotta Add Army of Darkness, new on UHD !!  really high quality scan

292048-0

292046-1

Offline fohat.digs

• * Elevated Elder
  • weird funny old guy
« Reply #1534 on: Sat, 08 October 2022, 09:08:27 »

Offline Mechanical Cube

« Reply #1535 on: Sun, 09 October 2022, 03:03:21 »
I'm looking at my keyboard design drawings  :)

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #1536 on: Mon, 10 October 2022, 22:22:19 »
That new Wednesday NF show looks like a good time. With Fred Armisen as Fester too, should be fun!

Offline mohawk1367

• Typing on: HHKB Pro Hybrid Type-S
« Reply #1537 on: Tue, 11 October 2022, 07:53:57 »
The only show I watch really is Attack on Titan. Other than that the most recent movie I watched was Creep 2 which was really good IMO.
someone needs to make an aussie keyboard community called QMƎɹ┴⅄. get it? haha :D

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #1538 on: Wed, 12 October 2022, 18:32:07 »
you guys watch Vesper ?  kind of like Annihilation + Elysium + Resident Evil + Gattaca

Offline phinix

« Reply #1539 on: Thu, 13 October 2022, 14:33:23 »
you guys watch Vesper ?  kind of like Annihilation + Elysium + Resident Evil + Gattaca

I have it on my disk. Is it good?

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #1540 on: Thu, 13 October 2022, 16:05:57 »

I have it on my disk. Is it good?

it's good world building.

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #1541 on: Fri, 14 October 2022, 03:23:51 »
Clerks 3,mmmmm. idk, kinda stale, but perhaps it is Tp4 who has changed.

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #1542 on: Fri, 14 October 2022, 03:47:04 »
Clerks 3,mmmmm. idk, kinda stale, but perhaps it is Tp4 who has changed.

Kevin Smith' s live reaction after learning tp4tissue did not enjoy Clerks 3

Offline mohawk1367

• Typing on: HHKB Pro Hybrid Type-S
« Reply #1543 on: Fri, 14 October 2022, 07:38:13 »

I love Annihilation and Resident Evil so I'll definitely give it a try!
someone needs to make an aussie keyboard community called QMƎɹ┴⅄. get it? haha :D

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #1544 on: Sun, 16 October 2022, 19:00:00 »
Deep Impact looks really gud' in HDR, only seen the streaming version for now, but it looks way better than the Bluray.  of course the grain gets eaten up and a little oversharpened by streaming compression algo.

It's pretty amazing that streaming for the most part (short of grain detail) looks better than regular blurays.

Offline Leslieann

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #1545 on: Wed, 19 October 2022, 01:15:10 »
Clerks III
Really enjoyed it.

The message at the end really kind of tied it up well.
More
More
| GMMK TKL
More
More
| Magicforce 68
More
More
| KBT Race S L.E.
More
| Das Pro
More
Costar model with browns
| GH60
More

Offline phinix

« Reply #1546 on: Wed, 19 October 2022, 10:10:54 »
Candy.
Watched first 3 episodes, so far so good. I love this kind of movies with story sitting in 70-80s.

Offline Leslieann

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #1547 on: Wed, 19 October 2022, 11:38:00 »
Lost. You know it?
Once it gets weird, just stop watching.
More
More
| GMMK TKL
More
More
| Magicforce 68
More
More
| KBT Race S L.E.
More
| Das Pro
More
Costar model with browns
| GH60
More

Offline fohat.digs

• * Elevated Elder
  • weird funny old guy
« Reply #1548 on: Wed, 19 October 2022, 12:04:48 »
Lost. You know it?
Once it gets weird, just stop watching.

Yes, it is pretty good for about half of the run, and then really starts stinking after that.

The Lost in Space remake didn't really grab me at first, and when SPOILER ALERT Will killed the robot I bailed. A year or so later my cousin started watching it and convinced me to try it again, and it started growing on me to some degree the 2nd time around as I slowly started accepting the characters. In later seasons it got wilder and more out of control, which was acceptable, but I thought that the final resolution was pretty lame.

Offline Sintpinty

• Carbon Based Life Form
  • she/her/they/them/any except he him
    • My Roblox Profile
« Reply #1549 on: Thu, 20 October 2022, 15:30:16 »
I am going into the theatre to see Black Adam Tonight and i finished the ninth episode of She hulk