Author Topic: getting my hands on cherry switches  (Read 1109 times)

Offline chips

getting my hands on cherry switches
« on: Wed, 02 March 2011, 18:32:03 »
im sure there is a thread about this somewhere, so excuse my silliness in that case, im going to pull the 'im new here' excuse.
i wandered through the forums a bit, looking for resources for building custom boards, and there was a lot to be had. however, i couldnt really find any good place to find cherry switches. there are a few sites that have some of them, but id like switches with a diode, and that seems to be rare, especially when combined with blacks or browns (only found browns) or greens (i couldnt even find anything on greens in general)

a little back story: my board is a xarmor u9bl and i greatly enjoy blue switches. however, with an old mechanical board id have, id like to rip it apart and make a macro board, just something i can have sitting on my desk that i can assign shortcuts to. catch is this: its also got blue switches, and id rather use a variety of different colors.

im not quite sure if i would have to go out and buy boards that have the specific switches that i want, id like to avoid this, since im looking for just about all of the cherry switches and that sounds expensive, or if there is a site that im overlooking...

on a side note, this is my first modified keyboard build (ive put together regular keyboards from scratch, just not chopped apart boards) so any tips or guides would be helpful. :)