Author Topic: Im a newb and need your help  (Read 1309 times)

Offline spaz0z

Im a newb and need your help
« on: Sat, 20 January 2018, 11:02:26 »
Hello,
im searching for a keyboard just like the ajazz ak33 (RGB, super small with f1, f2 ,f3 keys) the only problem is there only is one seller with red switches and its a bit overpriced.
I only want the red switches i cant play with blue, black and so on. Can i maybe buy the ajazz ak33 with blue switches and change thenm with reds or so ? I currently have a "hacker" keyboard from korea with red switches.

Thank you.

Offline UsualSuspectXXX

• (⌐■_■)⊃━☆゚.*・。゚
Re: Im a newb and need your help
« Reply #1 on: Sat, 20 January 2018, 11:17:32 »
That's a pretty similar layout to an '84 key' which there are a decent number of.

Where are you located? There is this one on amazon which is a similar layout to the ajazz but with a bit more standardized keycap sizes.

There's also the Keycool 84. A bit more expensive but probably a better quality. Out of stock on mechanicalkeyboards.com but you might be able to find it somewhere else.

Offline xondat

• i'm not a star
  • * Maker
« Reply #2 on: Sat, 20 January 2018, 11:19:55 »
Welcome.

Yes you can change the switches, but the effort/time it'll take will probably just make it easier to pay the little bit more for stock reds.

You'd need a soldering iron, and a solder sucker. I don't think anyone would recommend a desoldering job as your first experience with a soldering iron though (if it is your first time).

If you want to look for other keyboards that have the same layout, they're referred to as "75%" or "84 key", there are a lot of options.

Hope that helps.

Offline spaz0z

« Reply #3 on: Sat, 20 January 2018, 11:54:01 »
Hmm, thank you, but as i said, the led is very important for me and the 2 UsualSuspectXXX doesnt have leds like the ajazz right ? :/ Also the price should be around 40 Euro. I live in Germany.
« Last Edit: Sat, 20 January 2018, 11:55:38 by spaz0z »

Offline TalkingTree

• My projects
« Reply #4 on: Sat, 20 January 2018, 15:20:27 »
I believe Gearbest ships from China and you might be paying import duties but, anyway, they have your keyboard.
My opensource projects: GH80-3000, TOAD, XMMX. Classified: stuff

Offline spaz0z

« Reply #5 on: Sat, 20 January 2018, 18:15:35 »
I know, thats the one i ment by there is only with red switches. But its so overpriced.

Offline Jae-3soteric

• https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCAIHiFKJt69HNad6r
    • Jae | Top Clack
« Reply #6 on: Sat, 20 January 2018, 19:01:47 »
$48 or so seems pretty average for this range of board. Especially if it’s in the specific configuration that you want. $48 is roughly €39 as well

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline Polymer

« Reply #7 on: Sun, 21 January 2018, 06:06:11 »
I know, thats the one i ment by there is only with red switches. But its so overpriced.

Please take this the right way...

If you think that is expensive you're in the wrong hobby...

If this is the keyboard you want, that is relatively cheap compared to what things generally cost...

Offline spaz0z

« Reply #8 on: Sun, 21 January 2018, 07:15:42 »
"If you think that is expensive you're in the wrong hobby..." - I just want a new keyboard.

"If this is the keyboard you want, that is relatively cheap compared to what things generally cost..." - Its because the price on gearbest switched from € to $ for some reason. I thought it costs 48 € now. And that would mean this keyboard would cost 58 $ (Basically double the price of a blue switch ajazz ak33).

Offline TalkingTree

• My projects
« Reply #9 on: Sun, 21 January 2018, 07:57:28 »
The price I'm shown is €40.94
My opensource projects: GH80-3000, TOAD, XMMX. Classified: stuff

Offline spaz0z

« Reply #10 on: Sun, 21 January 2018, 11:23:25 »
I know...read again..