Author Topic: [IC] Universal 65% Center USB-C PCB  (Read 5586 times)

Offline Hedgey

[IC] Universal 65% Center USB-C PCB
« on: Sun, 22 September 2019, 13:45:10 »
Hey Everyone,

Currently I have 2 Exents and one of them has a crappy PCB with bad RGB LEDs and is in just generally bad condition. (Picked it up aftermarket)  Thus I am looking for a replacement and there doesn't seem to be any, as well as other boards that could use it as well. 

I'm getting this IC started in it's infancy and seeing how much interest there is in a Center USB, 65% Replacement PCB for boards such as:

• Exent
  • Dollinger65?
  • Zypher?
  • Other high end 65% with center usb?

I know that Zeal will not be making the 65 again, and some of the Zypher boards could already use a replacement.  I also know that apparently the Zeal65 fits in the Dollinger, so there would potentially be some need there.  Finally I know the Exent PCBs were kind of **** from the GB to begin with and they're BMC which also sucks.  This PCB would come with components already soldered, no SMD needed on your end.

Again this is in it's infancy so if you wanted to fill out the form and provide feedback below that would be fantastic.  I know USB-C will fit the Exent and Zypher, but I'm not sure about the Dollinger.

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1OvJxbhvy-Aib5BNG30RsDwYz4JUJ7LJ3y7KDR2Wxkvw/edit

Looking for RGB Underglow for the Exent, but understand not everyone wants that.  I also understand that Per Key is basically out of the question unless you want to pay an exorbitant amount for a PCB like the Zeal65.

Let me know if I missed anything but I feel there would be a decent amount of interest for additional/spare PCBs.

EDIT: This will be an ATMega32u4 board
« Last Edit: Sun, 22 September 2019, 15:28:46 by Hedgey »
"Resellers don't kill the community, auctioneers kill the community. Look at what happened to Diablo 3"

Offline sapphyr

Re: [IC] Universal 65% Center USB-C PCB
« Reply #1 on: Sun, 22 September 2019, 13:53:29 »
QMK supported? With STM32 MCU?

I can finally get rid of the crappy leeku finger65 pcb which is an absolute pain to program without windows.

Offline Hedgey

« Reply #2 on: Sun, 22 September 2019, 13:54:40 »
QMK supported? With STM32 MCU?

I can finally get rid of the crappy leeku finger65 pcb which is an absolute pain to program without windows.

What is the finger65 pcb for?  (genuinely don't know lol)
"Resellers don't kill the community, auctioneers kill the community. Look at what happened to Diablo 3"

Offline sapphyr

« Reply #3 on: Sun, 22 September 2019, 13:59:42 »
What is the finger65 pcb for?  (genuinely don't know lol)

That’s the PCB that comes with the TX65. Endgame board, crappy pcb.

Offline lolafineday

« Reply #4 on: Sun, 22 September 2019, 16:06:24 »
Would this work for s7 elephant? Probably not right?

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

Offline Hedgey

« Reply #5 on: Sun, 22 September 2019, 19:13:35 »
Would this work for s7 elephant? Probably not right?

Unfortunately no as the Elephant has that extra column on the left.

Offline Rob27shred

• Insane in the Membrane! 👻
« Reply #6 on: Sun, 22 September 2019, 19:20:49 »
I'd be interested for sure to have an extra for my E6.5 which this should fit. I'm kicking myself now that I got it in that I didn't order an extra plate & PCB, this would solve the one problem & if needed I could always have another plate cut for it.

Offline Nigolski

« Reply #7 on: Mon, 23 September 2019, 03:21:27 »
sure why not

Offline Bryan

« Reply #8 on: Mon, 23 September 2019, 10:58:47 »
I would love an extra centered usb c for my e6.5 aswell.
I would hope the pcb has rgb underglow around the entire pcb.
The pcb that came with the e6.5 doesnt have rgb underglow around the entire pcb.

Offline Hedgey

« Reply #9 on: Mon, 23 September 2019, 12:51:25 »
I would love an extra centered usb c for my e6.5 aswell.
I would hope the pcb has rgb underglow around the entire pcb.
The pcb that came with the e6.5 doesnt have rgb underglow around the entire pcb.

I will be weighing the costs of RGB added to the PCB or not. The Exent PCB has 18 RGB LEDs under the board with 8 up top, 8 on the bottom, and 2 on the sides. 

Hopefully I can find a way to make most people really happy.

Offline crd

• Discord: crd#7617
« Reply #10 on: Mon, 23 September 2019, 17:41:16 »
I regret not getting a spare PCB for my e6.5 so you can count me in for one of these

Offline Hedgey

« Reply #11 on: Wed, 25 September 2019, 12:17:39 »
I regret not getting a spare PCB for my e6.5 so you can count me in for one of these

Excellent, that seems to be a large portion of responses, along with Kyuu and Exent.

Offline Hedgey

« Reply #12 on: Wed, 25 September 2019, 12:20:45 »
Also:

If you're the person that put "Iron165" and "Chimera65"..........

Those boards are still in IC and asking for a PCB from me, which will be specifically designed for boards that you can NO LONGER get a PCB from...Asking for boards that are still in IC is bad and you should feel bad.