Author Topic: Review HyperX Cloud II  (Read 2283 times)

Offline Dext

Review HyperX Cloud II
« on: Thu, 30 July 2015, 10:13:09 »
Hello everyone,
I was planning to buy this headseat for quite a long time now but finally i have it! He is here to replace my Cyborg FREQ 5 headseat. This will be my first review so, please be kind with me <3.
The price of this baby is 100€ but i got it for 85€ at dreamhack valencia a few weeks ago. (HyperX is a dreamhack's sponsor)

So, that's the box, you will notice that the opening isn't like in others box. It's the first thing that keep my attention but you will see that the entire packaging is awesome.
106909-0

Once you open this, you will found a really nice red heavy cardboard box. This is why it is quite heavy and when i bought it i was surprise it was that heavy compared to others package.
106935-1

106937-2

There is a message from the hyperX team at the back of the opening.
106933-3

The inside is... is... FABULOUS. I was amazed by how beautiful it was. There is a huge foam for the headset. It comes with a microphone (obvious) but also a detachable cable with the USB sound card, an adaptator to use if you don't want to use the USB sound card but that you want to use the microphone and a pair of something that i don't know how to call it but this it the peace that circle your ear. The replaceble one is in foam.
106939-4

The thing i don't know how to call it:
106941-5

You will found, under the cardboard piece with the hyperX logo a nice bag for your headset if you wish to travel with it.
106943-6
106945-7

The headset himself :
106947-8
106949-9

The usb sound card has 5 buttons. Two for the sound, two for the microphone and one to press if you want to have 7.1 sound.
106951-10
106953-11

(the red light in the middle is the button for 7.1 sound. It's only red when active)

108315-12
I felt like at 5 or under, the sound becomes weird, I hear a small noise and i heard it at 95 or above. Except that, the sound is awesome.
Small bad point I noticed is that each time you restart your computer yuo have to press again the 7.1 button that is on the headset.
The headset is really really nice. The closed ear cups are good and i don't ear my keyboard anymore when i'm playing.

The microphone is detacheble and i found it was hard to plug it without looking at the headset because it's just a hole inside the headset whereas on my cyborg FREQ 5, it was really easy as the hole was surrounded by a piece of plastic.

See you later for more about this headset!

« Last Edit: Fri, 14 August 2015, 05:51:24 by Dext »

Offline Shaussman

Re: Review HyperX Cloud II
« Reply #1 on: Mon, 03 August 2015, 08:07:19 »
The microphone is detacheble and i found it was hard to plug it without looking at the headset because it's just a hole inside the headset whereas on my cyborg FREQ 5, it was really easy as the hole was surrounded by a piece of plastic.

It's really not that hard once you get used to it, I had the same issue when I got mine but now it's a breeze.
MX Brown Quickfire XT | MX Clear WASD VP3 | MX Blue Ducky Zero

Offline Dext

Re: Review HyperX Cloud II
« Reply #2 on: Thu, 06 August 2015, 09:51:04 »

It's really not that hard once you get used to it, I had the same issue when I got mine but now it's a breeze.

True, i start to get used to it.