Author Topic: KBT Pure Fn layer  (Read 1222 times)

Offline OrpheusX

KBT Pure Fn layer
« on: Sat, 17 November 2012, 09:13:51 »
Question for the Pure owners: I'm a programmer and I make heavy use of the arrow keys. Where I work we follow camel case (mixed case) convention for variables and whatnot so the Shift key is also important. I'm not a touch typist sadly and pretty much always use the right Shift key to capitalize. The question is: does the Fn key act as a modifier to the change the right side Alt, Shift, Control and Meta keys to behave as arrow keys? That is, can I hold Fn down while arrowing around or do I have to use the Fn+spacebar to lock into that mode and then unlock to return access to the right Shift key? I seem to recall someone saying the Pure had the latter behavior but I wanted to be certain.

Offline laffindude

• ( ̽ ¬ ˳¬)
Re: KBT Pure Fn layer
« Reply #1 on: Sat, 17 November 2012, 09:17:14 »
Latter behavior. Fn layer is separate from the arrow lock mode.

Offline OrpheusX

« Reply #2 on: Sat, 17 November 2012, 09:27:20 »
Bummer. Thanks for the info though.

Offline laffindude

• ( ̽ ¬ ˳¬)
« Reply #3 on: Sat, 17 November 2012, 09:32:12 »
I assume you know that OKL; are arrow keys in function layer?

Offline asura

• not a duck
« Reply #4 on: Sat, 17 November 2012, 12:54:29 »
You can hold down Fn with your thumb and use   k;ol  left-right-up-down and use little finger on the shift.  At least, that's how I use it...  Rarely ever use the arrow-lock, it just feels clumsy to me.

Offline shibbyllama889

« Reply #5 on: Sat, 17 November 2012, 13:28:46 »
In addition to arrow lock mode and using Fn + okl; you can also set dip switches to use Alt or windows key (the left ones I think) as function keys. Depends on whether you want Fn and arrow keys with the same or opposite hands.

Offline OrpheusX

« Reply #6 on: Sat, 17 November 2012, 17:43:23 »
I wasn't aware actually. Thanks for the explanation, guys. That sounds workable. The Pure is back on the list.  :D