Author Topic: OTTAWA, ON - October 2017 Meetup  (Read 38858 times)

Offline jmdaly

Re: OTTAWA, ON - Feb 2017 Meetup
« Reply #50 on: Tue, 19 September 2017, 09:33:47 »
Should we change the tentative date to October 21, the Saturday?

Might make it easier for anyone to travel from out of town, based on the Reddit post.

Agreed, October 21st will allow for more flexibility.

Offline clappingcactus

Re: OTTAWA, ON - October 2017 Meetup
« Reply #51 on: Tue, 19 September 2017, 14:37:09 »
Works for me!

Offline clappingcactus

« Reply #52 on: Mon, 25 September 2017, 23:13:19 »
Alright, I'm bringing two keyboards. A Realforce 89U JIS with BKE domes and Silence-X Rings and a Realforce 87U 10th with 55g domes and purple silent sliders. That way people can sample Topre in off-the-beaten-path flavors.

Offline jmdaly

« Reply #53 on: Tue, 26 September 2017, 08:20:58 »
Nice! I'll bring a MiniVan with 65g Zealios, and a GH60 Satan with 72g Jailhouse Blues.

Offline Altis

« Reply #54 on: Tue, 26 September 2017, 19:46:33 »
Alright, I'm bringing two keyboards. A Realforce 89U JIS with BKE domes and Silence-X Rings and a Realforce 87U 10th with 55g domes and purple silent sliders. That way people can sample Topre in off-the-beaten-path flavors.

I can bring a JIS 30g Topre 108UH, 45g 87U, and HHKB to round out the Topre field.

Can also bring Blue Alps and anything else people request from my sig.
WhiteFox (Gateron Brown) -- Realforce 87U 45g -- Realforce 104UG (Hi Pro 45g) -- Realforce 108US 30g JIS -- HHKB Pro 2 -- IBM Model M ('90) -- IBM Model M SSK ('87) -- NMB RT-101 & RT-8255C+ (Hi-Tek Space Invaders) -- Chicony KB-5181 (Monterey Blue Alps) -- KPT-102 (KPT Alps) -- KUL ES-87 (62/65g Purple Zealios) -- CM QFR (MX Red) -- Apple Aluminum BT -- Realforce 23u Numpad -- Logitech K740 -- QSENN DT-35 -- Zenith Z-150 (Green Alps)

Offline clappingcactus

« Reply #55 on: Tue, 26 September 2017, 20:13:17 »
Blue Alps would be killer (I don't know the differences between regular and monterey ... but whichever is nicer? haha)!

Offline Altis

« Reply #56 on: Wed, 27 September 2017, 16:24:27 »
Blue Alps would be killer (I don't know the differences between regular and monterey ... but whichever is nicer? haha)!

Could bring Monterey as well, though that board no longer has a case so it's officially in the "project" category.  :-X
WhiteFox (Gateron Brown) -- Realforce 87U 45g -- Realforce 104UG (Hi Pro 45g) -- Realforce 108US 30g JIS -- HHKB Pro 2 -- IBM Model M ('90) -- IBM Model M SSK ('87) -- NMB RT-101 & RT-8255C+ (Hi-Tek Space Invaders) -- Chicony KB-5181 (Monterey Blue Alps) -- KPT-102 (KPT Alps) -- KUL ES-87 (62/65g Purple Zealios) -- CM QFR (MX Red) -- Apple Aluminum BT -- Realforce 23u Numpad -- Logitech K740 -- QSENN DT-35 -- Zenith Z-150 (Green Alps)

Offline jmdaly

« Reply #57 on: Fri, 29 September 2017, 18:57:45 »
Could bring Monterey as well, though that board no longer has a case so it's officially in the "project" category.  :-X

Very cool. I haven't had a chance to see much in the way of Alps in person, so that would definitely be interesting.

Does it still look good for you to be able to get some space at Carleton? Once we have a location confirmed, I'll post back over on reddit and see if we can get some of that gang out as well.

Offline Altis

« Reply #58 on: Fri, 29 September 2017, 22:41:43 »

Very cool. I haven't had a chance to see much in the way of Alps in person, so that would definitely be interesting.

Does it still look good for you to be able to get some space at Carleton? Once we have a location confirmed, I'll post back over on reddit and see if we can get some of that gang out as well.

Trying to find the correct person to ask. I was hoping to even get the room we use for maker-space stuff there as it'd be well-suited for us.

Offline clappingcactus

« Reply #59 on: Wed, 04 October 2017, 08:27:42 »
Alright. I've just made sure that I'm bringing something very special from the topre world to the meetup. But that's all. I don't think my wallet can handle any more topre purchases this year haha.

Offline clappingcactus

« Reply #60 on: Wed, 11 October 2017, 08:10:26 »
We're coming up on the end of this week. We should nail down the location this week I would think before the final round of reddit posts/notifications starts going out to people? :O

Worst case scenario we can ask The Blurry Pixel?

Also, my friend who came last time will come this time again and bring something new he built in the interim.

Offline jmdaly

« Reply #61 on: Wed, 11 October 2017, 08:36:07 »
We're coming up on the end of this week. We should nail down the location this week I would think before the final round of reddit posts/notifications starts going out to people? :O

Also, my friend who came last time will come this time again and bring something new he built in the interim.

Good call. Altis, how's it going on getting space at Carleton? I'd never heard of The Blurry Pixel, but that definitely looks like a cool alternate location! My friend who came last time may also join as well, but he's still unsure about his availability.

Offline Slopes

« Reply #62 on: Sat, 14 October 2017, 09:59:41 »
Hey guys I just joined from reddit. I will not be able to make a meet this Saturday as I am reffing all day. If we were willing tom have another meet in Feb I would probably me able to make that. If anyone is down for that I would more than excited and willing to join in! Have fun this Saturday and we can talk a later meetup after this one concludes.

Offline jmdaly

« Reply #63 on: Sun, 15 October 2017, 11:48:06 »
Hey guys I just joined from reddit. I will not be able to make a meet this Saturday as I am reffing all day. If we were willing tom have another meet in Feb I would probably me able to make that. If anyone is down for that I would more than excited and willing to join in! Have fun this Saturday and we can talk a later meetup after this one concludes.

Hey, too bad you'll miss it, but I'm sure we can organize another one in the New Year! It would be fun to get something like this going a couple of times a year.

Offline Slopes

« Reply #64 on: Sun, 15 October 2017, 12:47:42 »

Hey, too bad you'll miss it, but I'm sure we can organize another one in the New Year! It would be fun to get something like this going a couple of times a year.

i want to join this time around very badly, I have been hoping for an event like  this to come to Ottawa since I bought my first mech last winter. Maybe its best I miss this one as in Feb I will have my tada68 to bring with me. Looking forward to joining you guys next time around. Ill be looking at the reddit pics from the meet in serious envy.

Offline Altis

« Reply #65 on: Wed, 18 October 2017, 14:53:23 »

Good call. Altis, how's it going on getting space at Carleton? I'd never heard of The Blurry Pixel, but that definitely looks like a cool alternate location! My friend who came last time may also join as well, but he's still unsure about his availability.

So, basically after getting run around, the closest thing to an answer is that no, they don't really like hosting events on campus unless it's some kind of official thing.  :(

The Blurry Pixel is a pretty fun little place downtown. They might be into that sort of thing, but I'm not sure how crowded it might be since it isn't all that big.

Offline clappingcactus

« Reply #66 on: Wed, 18 October 2017, 15:13:01 »

So, basically after getting run around, the closest thing to an answer is that no, they don't really like hosting events on campus unless it's some kind of official thing.  :(

The Blurry Pixel is a pretty fun little place downtown. They might be into that sort of thing, but I'm not sure how crowded it might be since it isn't all that big.

I already messaged TBP yesterday. They haven't responded yet. If I don't get a response by about 6-7pm tonight, I'll just drop by and ask them what's up.

Otherwise, any other ideas?

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
  • OmniExpert of: Rice, Top-Ramen, Ergodox, n Females
« Reply #67 on: Wed, 18 October 2017, 15:52:52 »
How many /Confirmed, Attractive Females,  are attending ?

Offline kiwi99

• that's a gnarly dookie
  • authentic church of halverson member
« Reply #68 on: Wed, 18 October 2017, 20:32:35 »
How many /Confirmed, Attractive Females,  are attending ? (Attachment Link)

not enough for you to attend

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #69 on: Wed, 18 October 2017, 20:36:10 »

not enough for you to attend

Or maybe my posts are decoys..

Maybe Tp4 has attended every Meet up thus far !!..

Offline Altis

« Reply #70 on: Wed, 18 October 2017, 20:58:03 »

I already messaged TBP yesterday. They haven't responded yet. If I don't get a response by about 6-7pm tonight, I'll just drop by and ask them what's up.

Do we have an idea as to how many people to expect?

Offline clappingcactus

« Reply #71 on: Wed, 18 October 2017, 21:04:03 »

Do we have an idea as to how many people to expect?

I'm expecting around 10?

Offline Halverson

• Traitor Supreme
  • GIRLSHARK WIZBRO
« Reply #72 on: Wed, 18 October 2017, 22:27:05 »

Next time there's a meetup in Ottawa I'll go, and I'll take sexy fotos for you

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #73 on: Thu, 19 October 2017, 08:36:55 »

Next time there's a meetup in Ottawa I'll go, and I'll take sexy fotos for you

YES. !! Rdy to receive. !!

Offline jmdaly

« Reply #74 on: Fri, 20 October 2017, 11:04:05 »
So we're planning to meet tomorrow. How are things progressing in terms of time and place?

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #75 on: Fri, 20 October 2017, 11:29:20 »
So we're planning to meet tomorrow. How are things progressing in terms of time and place?

1:4, M:F ratio.. ??

$25 cover charge.. ??

BYOB  ??

Offline clappingcactus

« Reply #76 on: Sat, 21 October 2017, 00:13:42 »
Sorry I had a stupidly busy week at work so my extracurriculars took a back seat.

Booking for 10 at the blurry pixel 2pm tomorrow set!

Offline Markel

« Reply #77 on: Sat, 21 October 2017, 11:18:33 »
Tomorrow? As in Sunday? Been keeping an eye on this thread for a while but I'm confused, when are we actually meeting?

BTW all I have currently is a cheap Outemu Blue board and my Mitsumi, which I think I'll bring. I'd love if someone could bring buckling springs though, I've been eager to try them out.

Offline jmdaly

« Reply #78 on: Sat, 21 October 2017, 11:37:09 »
I'm pretty sure it's today, Saturday, at 2pm. Hoping to make it, but may be a few minutes late.

Offline clappingcactus

« Reply #79 on: Sat, 21 October 2017, 11:38:34 »
Tomorrow? As in Sunday? Been keeping an eye on this thread for a while but I'm confused, when are we actually meeting?

BTW all I have currently is a cheap Outemu Blue board and my Mitsumi, which I think I'll bring. I'd love if someone could bring buckling springs though, I've been eager to try them out.

In a little over an hour!

Offline Markel

« Reply #80 on: Sat, 21 October 2017, 11:47:25 »

In a little over an hour!
Oh jeez, talk about short notice lol. Well I might be a little late as I had some errands to run today and I still need to go home and pick up my keeb. Let's hope I'm able to make it out though! :)

Offline Halverson

• Traitor Supreme
  • GIRLSHARK WIZBRO
« Reply #81 on: Sat, 21 October 2017, 12:06:43 »
Have fun, be safe!
Hope to make it to the next time there is a meet up.

Offline 27

• The Maple Man
« Reply #82 on: Sat, 21 October 2017, 12:08:43 »
Just left the house, I'll probably be a little early.
IG: https://www.instagram.com/27mechs/                                        Website: http://www.mech27.com/

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #83 on: Sat, 21 October 2017, 12:24:31 »
Who's in charge of photographing the attractive female ghers.. ??

Offline Altis

« Reply #84 on: Sat, 21 October 2017, 16:55:44 »
Sorry I had a stupidly busy week at work so my extracurriculars took a back seat.

I thought it was going to be for the evening.  :'(

I had midterms this morning and afternoon. Only just got out. FeelsBadMan.  :(

Offline Halverson

• Traitor Supreme
  • GIRLSHARK WIZBRO
« Reply #85 on: Sat, 21 October 2017, 17:03:01 »
Who's in charge of photographing the attractive female ghers.. ??

TP has the THIRST

Offline jmdaly

« Reply #86 on: Sat, 21 October 2017, 19:08:41 »

That's rough man, hope midterms went well. For the next one, let's try to establish a location and time well in advance. That should help ensure that everyone can make it out.

Offline Altis

« Reply #87 on: Sun, 22 October 2017, 14:25:59 »

That's rough man, hope midterms went well. For the next one, let's try to establish a location and time well in advance. That should help ensure that everyone can make it out.

Thanks. I wasn't supposed to have them but 4 midterms in 3 days created a conflict for people so they made two of them on the Saturday instead.

I was sure someone said 6pm ish somewhere.  :(

Offline Slopes

« Reply #88 on: Sun, 29 October 2017, 16:09:11 »
So how did the meet go? Should we start planning for February meet? Tbp again?

Offline clappingcactus

« Reply #89 on: Sun, 29 October 2017, 16:42:07 »
Ah forgot to post an update!

It went really well! I feel everyone enjoyed it and learnt at least a few new things.

Yes, we should meet again and February to allow Altis, jmdaly's friend, you, thegreaticedrake and halverson to make it out. Also to allow 27 to bring his new kustom.

I forgot to take my camera (I was coming off a pretty hectic week), but here's a gallery of everything everyone brought: https://imgur.com/a/Z19AK

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #90 on: Sun, 29 October 2017, 16:49:32 »

It went really well! I feel everyone enjoyed it and learnt at least a few new things.

Yes, we should meet again and February to allow Altis, jmdaly's friend, you, thegreaticedrake and halverson to make it out. Also to allow 27 to bring his new kustom.

I forgot to take my camera (I was coming off a pretty hectic week), but here's a gallery of everything everyone brought: https://imgur.com/a/Z19AK

//disappointed 

where are all the fotos of the female attendees.. ??

Offline Markel

« Reply #91 on: Sun, 29 October 2017, 16:57:06 »
Oh cool! I was waiting for you to post the pictures you took! I ought to bring my camera out to the next meetup too. :)

btw, my main keeb right now is an Aitalk Z-88, it's just one of those cheap Chinese boards, and goes by different names depending on who licenses it out. However, it has N-Key Rollover, RGB backlighting, doubleshot keycaps, and Outemu Blue Switches which are plate mounted and replaceable. A good value for the $60 I paid for it :)

Offline jmdaly

« Reply #92 on: Tue, 31 October 2017, 15:20:50 »

Agreed! It was a lot of fun, and I think the location worked really well too. Thanks for sharing the pics! We definitely had a neat collection of boards.

Offline Slopes

« Reply #93 on: Thu, 02 November 2017, 04:39:06 »

Hey that looks like it was a great time! I can't wait to join the next meet. Was it everyone's first time meeting from the area? How was the venue?

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Offline HP_Jornada

« Reply #94 on: Mon, 22 January 2018, 10:10:28 »

Any talk of a February meetup?
I've been lurking, but I'm keen to collaborate and enjoy some keeb-spotting.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Offline jmdaly

« Reply #95 on: Mon, 22 January 2018, 10:33:07 »
Any talk of a February meetup?
I've been lurking, but I'm keen to collaborate and enjoy some keeb-spotting.

I don't think there's been any talk since the last meetup, but it would be great to organize one. Might be good to try for nearer to the end of the month to allow for enough time to plan and settle on a location.

Offline Boom

« Reply #96 on: Fri, 03 August 2018, 08:32:06 »
So, I'm trying to coordinate this thread and the Canadian mechanical keyboard discord. After yesterday's Mini-meetup and recieving a decent amount of interest for a mid sized meetup, maybe late fall/early winter?

Offline jmdaly

« Reply #97 on: Fri, 03 August 2018, 08:37:47 »
Count me in for sure!