Author Topic: [IC] POM Alice Case - PCB Info Available!  (Read 54344 times)

Offline KingOfMemes

Re: [IC] POM Alice Case
« Reply #100 on: Fri, 23 August 2019, 08:26:35 »
This is a direct copy of the gb homerowco is running right now.  He has had a pom lubrigante prototype for some time already.

So what, I was making and selling pom alices before Keebs ever had a prototype, you didnt see me accusing  him of "directly copying' me..  I could care less, we should be encouraging each other, not trying to lay claim to something none of us came up with..  AT this point, running a buy with the alice layout is no different from running a buy with a tkl layout, its become standardized, time to get over it and move on with the times..
Holy Moly you are my daddy  :-* :-*

Offline walie

« Reply #101 on: Fri, 23 August 2019, 09:26:35 »
Full plate Pls.

Offline eniigma

• Storefront:
« Reply #102 on: Fri, 23 August 2019, 09:32:45 »
Thanks everyone for all the support. I will be away until the second of September, so I will answer all the questions once I am back. Thanks!

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Offline Vigrith

« Reply #103 on: Fri, 23 August 2019, 09:33:15 »
This is a direct copy of the gb homerowco is running right now.  He has had a pom lubrigante prototype for some time already.

So what, I was making and selling pom alices before Keebs ever had a prototype, you didnt see me accusing  him of "directly copying' me..  I could care less, we should be encouraging each other, not trying to lay claim to something none of us came up with..  AT this point, running a buy with the alice layout is no different from running a buy with a tkl layout, its become standardized, time to get over it and move on with the times..

Could or couldn't? The distinction is pretty important here.

Offline whitty

• Formerly dsw_408
« Reply #104 on: Fri, 23 August 2019, 12:21:06 »

Could or couldn't? The distinction is pretty important here.

Based off the rest of their message, they meant “couldn’t care less”

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline stoic-lemon

« Reply #105 on: Mon, 26 August 2019, 07:03:31 »
I think that's how they say it in N. America, USA at least.

Offline NOLA

« Reply #106 on: Mon, 26 August 2019, 07:23:20 »
Not sure if already posted, but Alice PCB round 3 on preorder right now.

https://store.projectkeyboard.com/products/preorder-alice-pcb-r3

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Offline VytrioL

« Reply #107 on: Mon, 26 August 2019, 22:38:36 »
Are the plates sold by Project Keyboards going to be compatible with this case?

Offline calveeen

« Reply #108 on: Tue, 27 August 2019, 00:35:09 »

I think OP is looking to bundling it together with the case, so would be compatible!

Edit: Sorry you meant the plate x.x

Offline t0rk

• Still waiting on a Topre Planck..
« Reply #109 on: Tue, 27 August 2019, 13:47:12 »
In on this for sure if it is offered with PCB. Don't wan't to go in on the PCB GB before I know if this is happening. I've got too many spare PCBs left over from other half-baked ideas to do that agian..

Offline KingOfMemes

« Reply #110 on: Tue, 27 August 2019, 13:56:22 »
In on this for sure if it is offered with PCB. Don't wan't to go in on the PCB GB before I know if this is happening. I've got too many spare PCBs left over from other half-baked ideas to do that agian..
The PCB GB ends on the Sept 18th, and eniigma will be back and hopefully have more details before then.
Worst case scenario, there will be plenty of people that are picking up a few PCBs for resell to people who miss the groupbuy, so you will still probably be able to get one from them in the case that you decide to order this case and not the pcb. AND in that same vein, if you pick one up now and this IC goes under, you can for sure sell the PCB to someone at purchase price, and probably make some off the top.
« Last Edit: Tue, 27 August 2019, 13:58:00 by KingOfMemes »

Offline CypherPls

« Reply #111 on: Fri, 30 August 2019, 13:51:57 »
Any chance an countoring the bottom to the shape of the keys?

Do you mean to have it point out in the 'V' shape?
I believe that's what he means. Like the TGR Alice.

Im also very interested in having the "V" shape. As well as bottom screws.

Offline CypherPls

« Reply #112 on: Fri, 30 August 2019, 22:32:15 »
Thanks everyone for all the support so far!
Based on the form responses, I have a few follow up questions I would appreciate if you guys could answer.
1. Would you guys like me to speak to ProjectKeyboard about adding a PCB for $30-40 higher (estimate)?
2. If you guys want other colors/materials, what would they be?
3. Would you guys be interested in a two-tone POM case (with a white diffuser layer)?
4. How many of you guys are in favor of using the original 'V' shape of the Alice as opposed to the more compact, flat version I proposed?
Thanks everyone!

Didn't see this until now, so sorry about the second post without a reply. But here are my thoughts on this anyways.
1. No. I entered into the group buy already for the PCB and plate. (Not fully aware that it was ran by two separate people, sorry for the IC form ahead of time OP)
2. POM is totally fine with me. Although Id like for it to be machined out of a raw block, either machined or laser cut is okay with me.
3. If were talking about under glow, I dont care for underglow.. If were talking about the three LEDS, I dont know exactly how it will look like,  so I cant speak on it yet 
4. V shape 110% Thats all I ask for, and quality of course ;)

Offline Rise

• Trying to Give back to Community
« Reply #113 on: Sat, 31 August 2019, 19:20:08 »
Hey thanks for showing some project some love in your post man, excited to see you get this made :)

Offline eniigma

• Storefront:
« Reply #114 on: Sun, 01 September 2019, 07:43:31 »
Not sure if already posted, but Alice PCB round 3 on preorder right now.

https://store.projectkeyboard.com/products/preorder-alice-pcb-r3

yep, I posted that! That is the PCB that this board will be compatible with.

Offline eniigma

• Storefront:
« Reply #115 on: Sun, 01 September 2019, 08:04:33 »

not 100% sure, but should be fine since the mounting points are the same.

Offline Rejeckted

• Fe, Fi, Fo, Fum... I smell Kraft dinnah
« Reply #116 on: Fri, 06 September 2019, 21:44:22 »
I'm in the R3 PCB run so I'm in this for sure. Can't wait, and interested to see what's on offer once it goes live.
« Last Edit: Tue, 10 September 2019, 16:56:35 by Rejeckted »

Offline Munchtoast

« Reply #117 on: Sat, 07 September 2019, 21:40:30 »
I'm in this fam, let's get this done!  :D

Acrylic Alice - HHKB Pro2

Offline eniigma

• Storefront:
Re: [IC] POM Alice Case - Pricing + Color Options
« Reply #118 on: Fri, 13 September 2019, 16:09:28 »
Added option for white POM since it seemed like something people wanted! Also, there is a slight price gap between white and black POM, so the extra fee for the white delrin is $8. Also, I had to modify pricing slightly since I opted for a different manufacturer, which I have evaluated to be of higher quality. 

Offline switchnollie

• sleever supreme
  • * Exquisite Elder
  • greyhat co-leader
« Reply #119 on: Sat, 14 September 2019, 12:07:29 »
POM? We gettin wild now :cool:

Keyboards: HHKB Pro 1 & OTD 356CL Dark Greyhat Edition, baybee!

Offline eniigma

• Storefront:
« Reply #120 on: Sun, 15 September 2019, 12:01:25 »
Prototype ordered, arriving on October 1st. I will attach pictures then.

Also, since people also seem to be interested in acrylic cases, I will be talking orders for Lubrigante cases in colored acrylic as well (details for this to come on GB thread).

Offline rtmf

« Reply #121 on: Sun, 15 September 2019, 17:41:59 »
Any update on if we can get bottom mount screws to keep the top clean?

Offline eniigma

• Storefront:
« Reply #122 on: Sun, 15 September 2019, 17:59:09 »
Any update on if we can get bottom mount screws to keep the top clean?
Yes that will be an option. You will be able to screw it in anyway you want (although there will still be holes in the top but the screws won't be visible).

Offline rtmf

« Reply #123 on: Mon, 16 September 2019, 01:40:21 »
Yes that will be an option. You will be able to screw it in anyway you want (although there will still be holes in the top but the screws won't be visible).

Great! Thanks, eniigma. Excited to see the prototype.

Offline lakeboredom

« Reply #124 on: Mon, 16 September 2019, 03:56:20 »
Is is possible to have them not drill thru the top, so we can have true bottom mount screws, and nice smooth top? That's basically the one deal breaker for me.

Offline eniigma

• Storefront:
« Reply #125 on: Mon, 16 September 2019, 06:03:33 »

Is is possible to have them not drill thru the top, so we can have true bottom mount screws, and nice smooth top? That's basically the one deal breaker for me.

It's unfortunately unlikely that will happen because I would like to still give people the option to screw it in from the top. The screws won't be obstructing the typing experience, however. I hope you still consider the case!

Offline eniigma

• Storefront:
« Reply #126 on: Mon, 16 September 2019, 16:08:25 »
I made some revisions to the pricing, unfortunately last time I typed the quantity for the pricing wrong, but I double checked everything this time and the pricing is more accurate  :thumb:

Offline Rejeckted

« Reply #127 on: Mon, 16 September 2019, 16:25:17 »
Any idea on when this GB will start? Can't wait to see color options for acrylic.

Offline eniigma

• Storefront:
« Reply #128 on: Mon, 16 September 2019, 16:45:26 »
Any idea on when this GB will start? Can't wait to see color options for acrylic.
The GB for POM will start November 1st.

Here's a little preview of the color options for acrylic though :^).

Colors: clear, white, opague, black, neon blue, neon green, neon orange, neon pink, intense orange, deep purple, red tint, intense blue, forest green, ivory (off-white), light gray, medium blue, neon yellow, lavender, and more.

So yeah, there's a lot of color options. Pretty much anything you can think of.

Offline Rejeckted

« Reply #129 on: Mon, 16 September 2019, 16:50:29 »

Colors: clear, white, opague, black, neon blue, neon green, neon orange, neon pink, intense orange, deep purple, red tint, intense blue, forest green, ivory (off-white), light gray, medium blue, neon yellow, lavender, and more.

Holy cow, my wallet is prematurely crying. Glad things are moving along ;D
« Last Edit: Mon, 16 September 2019, 17:19:16 by Rejeckted »

Offline VytrioL

« Reply #130 on: Mon, 16 September 2019, 16:56:18 »

Holy cow, my wallet is prematurely crying. I have 2 plates preordered and 1 pcb right now, so it looks like i'll be ordering a 2nd PCB from this GB as well. Anyways, glad things are moving along nicely, cant wait to chuck some money at you. It's perfect timing for me as well. ;)  ;D
I saw that this gb comes with a 3mm half plate, I don't know if the project keyboard plate will fit on top of it

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Offline Rejeckted

« Reply #131 on: Mon, 16 September 2019, 17:19:43 »

Holy cow, my wallet is prematurely crying. I have 2 plates preordered and 1 pcb right now, so it looks like i'll be ordering a 2nd PCB from this GB as well. Anyways, glad things are moving along nicely, cant wait to chuck some money at you. It's perfect timing for me as well. ;)  ;D
I saw that this gb comes with a 3mm half plate, I don't know if the project keyboard plate will fit on top of it

Hey I overlooked that, thanks for the heads up  :thumb: Im still kind of new to this, normally just lurking. I thought that because the pcb works, that the plates would work too. ProjectKeyboard said they weren't 100% sure about that though. Crossed fingers.

edited for clarity.
« Last Edit: Mon, 16 September 2019, 20:49:41 by Rejeckted »

Offline VytrioL

« Reply #132 on: Mon, 16 September 2019, 20:17:37 »
Ok, if that's the case I definitely have my wallet ready for this gb

Offline eniigma

• Storefront:
« Reply #133 on: Mon, 16 September 2019, 20:23:06 »

Hey I overlooked that, thanks for the heads up  :thumb: I would imagine its compatible, the guys over there vouched for the POM case offered here. I assume that means the plates will be compatible too.
Replied in PMs, but for anyone else wondering, you MIGHT need different length screws, but you might be able to get away with it.

Offline rtmf

« Reply #134 on: Tue, 17 September 2019, 02:23:47 »
It's unfortunately unlikely that will happen because I would like to still give people the option to screw it in from the top. The screws won't be obstructing the typing experience, however. I hope you still consider the case!

If there's anyway to get no holes on top, it would be really appreciated. Even if it means that option only comes in one color, or costs more. I think many of us here care a lot about aesthetic, and having a clean top surface is essential. I'm curious of those who are planning on purchasing, what percent would prefer no top holes, and what percent want the option to top screw.

Offline eniigma

• Storefront:
« Reply #135 on: Tue, 17 September 2019, 06:36:50 »

If there's anyway to get no holes on top, it would be really appreciated. Even if it means that option only comes in one color, or costs more. I think many of us here care a lot about aesthetic, and having a clean top surface is essential. I'm curious of those who are planning on purchasing, what percent would prefer no top holes, and what percent want the option to top screw.
I'll see what I can do, but don't keep your hopes up. Sorry :(

Offline monkt

« Reply #136 on: Tue, 17 September 2019, 09:57:40 »

Just adding another +1 for the no screw holes on top option. Particularly in the POM.

I’d also be curious to know what % of buyers would actually prefer the top screw option on this board. I’ve always thought of visible screws as something you more or less accept as a limitation on sandwich style cases, rather than something you’d really want by choice. But maybe that’s just me?

Offline eniigma

• Storefront:
« Reply #137 on: Tue, 17 September 2019, 10:11:45 »

Just adding another +1 for the no screw holes on top option. Particularly in the POM.

I’d also be curious to know what % of buyers would actually prefer the top screw option on this board. I’ve always thought of visible screws as something you more or less accept as a limitation on sandwich style cases, rather than something you’d really want by choice. But maybe that’s just me?
It is a limitation, but more so, it is a limitation on pricing. Getting area engravings in POM would likely shoot up the price. Again, I'm not the most experienced person with this, but I'll check whether it could be done.

Offline rtmf

« Reply #138 on: Tue, 17 September 2019, 18:39:24 »
Thanks for being so responsive and willing to get the people what they want, Eniigma!

Offline eniigma

• Storefront:
« Reply #139 on: Tue, 17 September 2019, 20:08:17 »
Thanks for being so responsive and willing to get the people what they want, Eniigma!
Thanks for your comment!

Offline Nujabez0

« Reply #140 on: Wed, 18 September 2019, 05:39:58 »
Man can't wait to pick up a pom variant of this when the groupbuy drops! Already got the pcb pre-ordered :D

Offline snaranda0305

« Reply #141 on: Wed, 18 September 2019, 06:27:34 »
will the bottom have a 7-degree slope or i have to buy extra feets to achieve such degree?

Offline MdotMaxson

« Reply #142 on: Fri, 20 September 2019, 16:14:15 »
I’m in. So you’ll be messaging us? This isn’t available on the website ?

Offline eniigma

• Storefront:
« Reply #143 on: Fri, 20 September 2019, 16:37:15 »
will the bottom have a 7-degree slope or i have to buy extra feets to achieve such degree?
The feet will be in the hardware kit, which includes all the necessary fasteners and coned aluminum feet. The kit is $12 and is separated for people who already have stuff like that lying around.

Offline eniigma

• Storefront:
« Reply #144 on: Fri, 20 September 2019, 16:37:37 »
It will be a open GB through a Google Form and I will email you with invoices.

Offline MdotMaxson

« Reply #145 on: Tue, 24 September 2019, 14:45:22 »

Thank you. Looking forward to it. You have my email?

Offline eniigma

• Storefront:
« Reply #146 on: Tue, 24 September 2019, 14:53:52 »

Thank you. Looking forward to it. You have my email?
No, there will be a Google form. Once you fill it out with the necessary details, I will send a bill to the address provided on the form.

Offline eniigma

• Storefront:
« Reply #147 on: Tue, 24 September 2019, 16:49:29 »
little update here, i was made aware that the Project platess will NOT be compatible with the Lubrigante, as the mounting points are different. I attached a picture so you guys know what I'm talking about (thanks pangowon).

really sorry for not making this info available earlier, and sorry for anyone who bought a plate because of this. DM me on Discord if you need help with anything relating to plates, because I feel responsible. eniigma#0683.

EDIT: I'm so stupid, I meant to write project plates not project PCBs.

« Last Edit: Wed, 25 September 2019, 06:04:15 by eniigma »

Offline Rejeckted

« Reply #148 on: Tue, 24 September 2019, 16:58:03 »
Compatible PCBs will still be offered when the GB goes live?

Offline eniigma

• Storefront:
« Reply #149 on: Tue, 24 September 2019, 17:08:46 »
Compatible PCBs will still be offered when the GB goes live?
I'm still working that out, will update when I get more info! I know that it won't be in the main kit, but will be offered as an extra.