Author Topic: [GB]DMK Minty Fresh CANCELED  (Read 4319 times)

Offline Swishy

[GB]DMK Minty Fresh CANCELED
« on: Mon, 15 August 2022, 00:56:35 »

Hi everyone, this is the GB page for Domikey Minty Fresh

GB will be Aug 15th til Sept 15th

COLORS

The set uses Pantone 331 for the alpha's, and Pantone 295 for mods, with WS1 for the accents

More

(Comparison to GMK Necro; Necro the keycaps on top)

Jessica finally got back to me, I have her blessing to run the set.

KITTING

Base: covers 60-TKL - $100 USD (iso being added to base)

(Staggered 40s folks; Currently Domikey is missing 2 keys to complete three key support, for some reason they have 1.75 backspace. An agreement has been made that is if the set hit 1k base kits they will make a new mold that will add the 1.25 Tab and 1.5 Enter along with Mod pipe and R2 2U backspace (thats for me). These keys will be added to the base kit, if achieved so if you do want the set get the base kit assuming it gets close )

Light Alphas - $40 USD:

Dark Alphas/Num - $50 USD:

Numpad - $22 USD:

Novelties - $45 USD: done by Nolsia

Spacebars - $30 USD: 2x1u, 2x1.75u, 6.25u, 7u, 2x2u, 2.75u, 2.75, 2x3u

RENDERS (by Skok)

Onyx, by FunderBurker:

8-bit 60, By Me:

Tiltedalice fake board by me:

Note: Keeb renders are done under different lighting and can change the way they appear, this correlates with real life. But these are still renders, meaning your screen can affect how you see the color.

PRICING

-Base Kit $100 USD
-Minty Alphas $40 USD
-Deep Blue alphas $50 USD
-Novelties $45 USD
-Numpad $22 USD
-space bars $30 USD

I am working on a monkeytype theme and would love some feedback Monkeytype Theme

UPDATE

Updated the Base kit added Mod Pipe and Mod Tilde. Removed the 00 and 1.25 enter

Kitting completely redone to better work with DMK molds (domikey is different from GMK in that they do the kits in a single molds, meaning its more efficient but also less flexible.)

Domikey cherry comparison

Due to the fact domikey uses a different font, that it doesnt make sense to compare.

More
I reached out to a community member for photos and comparison photos

For reference GMK Metropolis uses Pantone 5395 C and My set uses Pantone 540 C :

just to make this clear photos have flaws too when showing colors but I hope having the reference there helps you see how different my set is from nerco. The only similarity is the Green at most.

More images HERE

General info

- Profile: Cherry
- Material: ABS
- Production process: Double-shot (no triple-shot for this set, since no subs)
- mold style: Batch(gmk is single allowing for more flexibility but also takes longer)
- Current lead times: 3 months production after order placed; (this doesn’t account for time to get to vendors)
- Country of production: China
- Color-matching Process: it is done before GB, colors will be chosen before you pay

Thank you so much for your support

Code: [Select]
[url= https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=112540.0] [img]https://i.imgur.com/7zM3TPP.png[/img][/url]
]Keygem[/url]
Protozoa
CustomKBD
Hexkeyboards
Zfrontier
Swagkeys

PRICING

-Base Kit $100 USD
-Minty Alphas $40 USD
-Deep Blue alphas $50 USD
-Novelties $45 USD
-Numpad $22 USD
-space bars $30 USD

I am working on a monkeytype theme and would love some feedback Monkeytype Theme

UPDATE

Updated the Base kit added Mod Pipe and Mod Tilde. Removed the 00 and 1.25 enter

Kitting completely redone to better work with DMK molds (domikey is different from GMK in that they do the kits in a single molds, meaning its more efficient but also less flexible.)

Domikey cherry comparison

Due to the fact domikey uses a different font, that it doesnt make sense to compare.

More
I reached out to a community member for photos and comparison photos

For reference GMK Metropolis uses Pantone 5395 C and My set uses Pantone 540 C :

just to make this clear photos have flaws too when showing colors but I hope having the reference there helps you see how different my set is from nerco. The only similarity is the Green at most.

More images HERE

General info

- Profile: Cherry
- Material: ABS
- Production process: Double-shot (no triple-shot for this set, since no subs)
- mold style: Batch(gmk is single allowing for more flexibility but also takes longer)
- Current lead times: 3 months production after order placed; (this doesn’t account for time to get to vendors)
- Country of production: China
- Color-matching Process: it is done before GB, colors will be chosen before you pay

Thank you so much for your support

Code: [Select]
[url= https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=112540.0] [img]https://i.imgur.com/7zM3TPP.png[/img][/url]
[/center]
« Last Edit: Mon, 29 August 2022, 09:43:23 by Swishy »

Offline Swishy

Re: [GB]DMK Minty Fresh live - green and blue set - 3 month lead time
« Reply #1 on: Tue, 23 August 2022, 05:53:03 »
Finally approved! :D

Offline earlgrey_sc

Re: [GB]DMK Minty Fresh CANCELED
« Reply #2 on: Mon, 29 August 2022, 13:28:07 »
Love this set ... Will it be run again?
« Last Edit: Mon, 29 August 2022, 13:31:47 by earlgrey_sc »

Offline Swishy

« Reply #3 on: Mon, 29 August 2022, 15:16:45 »
Love this set ... Will it be run again?
Maybe someday. I am pretty bad at advertising (which I wanna improve on) and I think also I could work on improving my designs. For now I am gonna focus on the projects that still havent delivered. Maybe in the future more vendors will be big enough like NK to buyout sets they decide to run. I will definitely be keeping this one on the back burner and all the vendors seemed very willing to try again in the future.

Sorry I failed this project

Offline earlgrey_sc

« Reply #4 on: Mon, 29 August 2022, 17:50:36 »
Damn, I thought it was an awesome set, the colors looked really dope. Hope it gets another chance someday soon. Not sure what the issue was that caused the cancellation, but you did a great job with it

Offline ALOHAKB

• ALOHAKB
« Reply #5 on: Tue, 30 August 2022, 01:25:59 »
Why not use three colors

Offline HungHingDaiLo

• 無間道
« Reply #6 on: Tue, 30 August 2022, 03:54:58 »
Tragic. Hopefully this set will run again in the (near) future  :(

Offline Swishy

« Reply #7 on: Tue, 30 August 2022, 16:07:54 »

Offline bkrownd

« Reply #8 on: Thu, 01 September 2022, 17:14:21 »
Woah, what happened?  I thought this one was a slam-dunk.

Offline Swishy

« Reply #9 on: Thu, 01 September 2022, 20:52:26 »
Woah, what happened?  I thought this one was a slam-dunk.
You and me both :(

Offline bkrownd

« Reply #10 on: Thu, 01 September 2022, 22:19:53 »

Ah well, just start thinking of what might get it over the hump next time.  Maybe keycap appetites will recover as production backlogs work themselves out and people finally get some of the old group buys they've waited so long for. 

This is at least the third set this year I was interested in that got pulled after starting the group buy.  It isn't just you.   

Offline kbsomarks

« Reply #11 on: Fri, 28 October 2022, 01:51:50 »
What a cool keycap set! Sad it cancelled, I love PBT.. Was looking for gmk hammerhead alternative