Author Topic: How much is my keyboard worth?  (Read 2738 times)

Offline phensey

• Anyone tryna slide that mode 80 my way>
How much is my keyboard worth?
« on: Wed, 14 July 2021, 22:22:42 »
So, I'm looking to upgrade boards, but in order to do that I need to sell my old keyboard. It is a white gk61 with tealios v2, lubed with krytox 205g0 and filmed with deskeys films. I also used foam to get rid of the ping. I have the PBT Caribbean Keycaps (on KBD for $60 new), how much should I sell it for?

Offline MIGHTY CHICKEN

• buck buck, cluck cluck, squawk squawk
Re: How much is my keyboard worth?
« Reply #1 on: Wed, 14 July 2021, 22:24:43 »
If it’s not limited and is always in stock and gettable. Sell at cost

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline fohat.digs

• * Elevated Elder
  • weird funny old guy
« Reply #2 on: Thu, 15 July 2021, 07:11:39 »

If it’s not limited and is always in stock and gettable. Sell at somewhere below cost

Fixed that below you.

"The Trump campaign announced in a letter that Republican candidates and committees are now expected to pay “a minimum of 5% of all fundraising solicitations to Trump National Committee JFC” for using his “name, image, and likeness in fundraising solicitations.”
“Any split that is higher than 5%,” the letter states, “will be seen favorably by the RNC and President Trump's campaign and is routinely reported to the highest levels of leadership within both organizations.”"

Offline MIGHTY CHICKEN

• buck buck, cluck cluck, squawk squawk
« Reply #3 on: Thu, 15 July 2021, 10:15:05 »

If it’s not limited and is always in stock and gettable. Sell at somewhere below cost

Fixed that below you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline Leslieann

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #4 on: Thu, 15 July 2021, 21:48:21 »
I'm with Fohat.
Why is anyone going to pay full price for something they can easily buy new, with better, faster shipping, without risk, and pick and choose the exact parts they want? You lubed it? You foamed it? So? Just like on a used car, you don't pay for someone else's choices/mods, those are either a bonus or a liability.

If it was me, I'd start at 70-80% (or best offer) of what you spent, not counting mods, and expect to actually get 50-80% depending on what it is exactly.
Novelkeys NK65AE w/62g Zilents/39g springs
More
62g Zilents/lubed/Novelkeys 39g springs, HK Gaming Thick PBT caps, Netdot Gen10 magnetic cable, pic
| Filco MJ2 L.E. Vortex Case, Jailhouse Blues, heavily customized
More
Vortex case squared up/blasted finish removed/custom feet/paint/winkey blockoff plate, HID Liberator, stainless steel universal plate, 3d printed adapters, Type C, Netdot Gen10 magnetic cable, foam sound dampened, HK Gaming Thick PBT caps (o-ringed), Cherry Jailhouse Blues w/lubed/clipped Cherry light springs, 40g actuation
| GMMK TKL
More
w/ Kailh Purple Pros/lubed/Novelkeys 39g springs, HK Gaming Thick PBT caps, Netdot Gen10 Magnetic cable
| PF65 3d printed 65% w/LCD and hot swap
More
Box Jades, Interchangeable trim, mini lcd, QMK, underglow, HK Gaming Thick PBT caps, O-rings, Netdot Gen10 magnetic cable, in progress link
| Magicforce 68
More
MF68 pcb, Outemu Blues, in progress
| YMDK75 Jail Housed Gateron Blues
More
J-spacers, YMDK Thick PBT, O-rings, SIP sockets
| KBT Race S L.E.
More
Ergo Clears, custom WASD caps
| Das Pro
More
Costar model with browns
| GH60
More
Cherry Blacks, custom 3d printed case
| Logitech Illumininated | IBM Model M (x2)
Definitive Omron Guide. | 3d printed Keyboard FAQ/Discussion

Offline jamster

« Reply #5 on: Thu, 15 July 2021, 23:13:17 »
I think that with most off the shelf consumer products, adding 'mods' rarely adds any resale value.