Author Topic: Will installing mouse software "bloat" my PC?  (Read 6362 times)

Offline absyrd

• CPT HYPE PADAWAN
Will installing mouse software "bloat" my PC?
« on: Mon, 18 May 2015, 16:31:41 »
Just got a g502 and I like it... except for this glaring "G" blue led. It needs to be snuffed out.

Does installing the software "bloat" a PC anymore? Or is **** too fast now for that to happen? I stopped following the whole computer enthusiast thing too long ago (and never understood the real tech part in the first place).

If so, should I just open it up and rip the LED off or plastidip/spraypaint over the G?

My wife I a also push her button . But now she have her button push by a different men. So I buy a keyboard a mechanicale, she a reliable like a Fiat.

Offline Axollott

Re: Will installing mouse software "bloat" my PC?
« Reply #1 on: Mon, 18 May 2015, 16:34:37 »
Logitech does a decent job with their software, you shouldn´t worry about their software "bloating" your pc. 

Offline absyrd

• CPT HYPE PADAWAN
« Reply #2 on: Mon, 18 May 2015, 16:36:41 »
Okay. Gonna install, but it is your ass if my PC blows up. :P
My wife I a also push her button . But now she have her button push by a different men. So I buy a keyboard a mechanicale, she a reliable like a Fiat.

Offline SolarFall

« Reply #3 on: Mon, 18 May 2015, 16:39:35 »
I usually go for things that don't have extra software running on principal, but doesn't the G-502 have onboard memory? My 20 dollar mouse does.
It also has a bright led lit logo that can't turn off. Permanent black marker covers it. wears over time, i just mark it over again, it's good enough for me, but if it wasn't i'd do something more drastic yeah.

Offline tjcaustin

• King Klaxon
  • * Maker
  • King of All Klaxon Sciences and Cable Makery
    • Buy stuff
« Reply #4 on: Mon, 18 May 2015, 16:40:57 »
Also, you can turn light off in software, then turn software off and light stays off.

Offline absyrd

• CPT HYPE PADAWAN
« Reply #5 on: Mon, 18 May 2015, 16:41:33 »
I usually go for things that don't have extra software running on principal, but doesn't the G-502 have onboard memory? My 20 dollar mouse does.
It also has a bright led lit logo that can't turn off. Permanent black marker covers it. wears over time, i just mark it over again, it's good enough for me, but if it wasn't i'd do something more drastic yeah.

So you're saying you think I can install the software, turn the light off, and then uninstall it and the "G" will still be dark?

EDIT: tj answered my question while I was posting. Thanks!

I'm a minimalist, too, when it comes to things running in the background. And I don't need the fancy settings as I don't really game enough anymore to care.

Offline tjcaustin

• King Klaxon
  • * Maker
  • King of All Klaxon Sciences and Cable Makery
    • Buy stuff
« Reply #6 on: Mon, 18 May 2015, 16:42:30 »

So you're saying you think I can install the software, turn the light off, and then uninstall it and the "G" will still be dark?

I'm a minimalist, too, when it comes to things running in the background. And I don't need the fancy settings as I don't really game enough anymore to care.

Probably, but I just tested and you can turn it off and then shut the software down and it still work.  That way, you aren't ****ing around with uninstalls

Offline absyrd

• CPT HYPE PADAWAN
« Reply #7 on: Mon, 18 May 2015, 16:43:51 »

Probably, but I just tested and you can turn it off and then shut the software down and it still work.  That way, you aren't ****ing around with uninstalls

Okay. I just clicked the "run when windows starts" thing to off. Now I'm going to reboot and see if I'm still a "G" or not.

Offline SolarFall

« Reply #8 on: Mon, 18 May 2015, 16:59:44 »
http://support.logitech.com/article/50041

Shouldn't have to run the software once configured.

Offline absyrd

• CPT HYPE PADAWAN
« Reply #9 on: Mon, 18 May 2015, 17:02:44 »
Good thing you all are smarter than me. Problem fixed. And, for me, a gleaming blue LED was a major problem.

Thanks, guys. :D

Offline Evo_Spec

• (╯°ヮ°)╯︵⌨
  • * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #10 on: Tue, 19 May 2015, 23:58:37 »
My Asianness gets the better of me as I love flashy ****, as proven with my GON, even though I understand the tackiness of it....
.                 .  
GON NerD TKL DTA Edition

Offline SolarFall

« Reply #11 on: Wed, 20 May 2015, 01:08:54 »
It's probably due more to that some of us sit in the dark or low light room. And a led that bright literally lights up the room or is blinding your eyes..also It's annoying at night when watching movies ect..

Offline IvanIvanovich

• Mr. Silk Underwear
« Reply #12 on: Thu, 21 May 2015, 21:40:30 »
Right... just use the software to set it up, then don't let it run at start up. The install size is pretty trivial. Not hard to accomplish and it's there if you ever want to change settings. Now... if you want more profiles than can be stored internally for games or applications with specific unique button function mapping to just that game or program then you will need to leave it to autostart so it runs in the background. Otherwise it can't detect and set your profiles automatically. If you want to use that feature, it doesn't really take much resources. At least not enough to be detrimental on a decent system.

Offline MrRooks

• * Destiny Supporter
  • Always be knolling
« Reply #13 on: Thu, 25 June 2015, 09:57:06 »
Same as some others said, I leave my mouse software installed but only run it when I need to change some settings. It never starts with my computer.

Offline iLLucionist

• * Elevated Elder
  • Topre is Love.
« Reply #14 on: Tue, 07 July 2015, 09:42:48 »
I always figure I don't need to have the software enabled when the mouse has onboard ROM to remember color / DPI settings etc.
MJT2 Browns o-rings - HHKB White - ES-87 Smoke White Clears - 87UB 55g

Offline greekplaya990

« Reply #15 on: Wed, 22 July 2015, 14:23:35 »
If you have a solid and powerful PC it shouldnt matter but that's why I like computer accessories with the least amount of software with them. Thats why I hated my razer mouse.

Offline jukaduke1184

« Reply #16 on: Wed, 22 July 2015, 21:29:31 »
I don't think so. Mouse software isn't too bad.