Author Topic: [question] keycaps form bangood, any good?  (Read 1748 times)

Offline medvednic

[question] keycaps form bangood, any good?
« on: Sat, 14 June 2014, 05:34:56 »
Hello, I've seen some nice PBT and zinc caps over at bangood.com, is it safe to buy from there? or are they made from some toxic knockoff materials which will cause my fingers to rot?

IBM Model M | CM Strom QFR Stealth MX Brown

Offline Kayla

• :3
Re: [question] keycaps form bangood, any good?
« Reply #1 on: Sat, 14 June 2014, 05:37:05 »
carerul with zinc. there are horror stories of them eroding over time and stuff. i cant confirm anything but yeah.

and i havent heard anything bad about them?

Offline xuanwumen

• * Commercial Vendor
    • EZKB
« Reply #2 on: Sat, 14 June 2014, 06:02:32 »
Banggood is an online store from China. It sells many stuff. Usually it takes long time to ship, but i think it is safe online store.
NIZ KEYBOARDS VENDOR

Offline strict

• TKL Zealot
« Reply #3 on: Sat, 14 June 2014, 11:39:36 »
I've been typing on the BangGood white blank PBT keys for about 6 months now and couldn't be happier with them. The value for what you get is very hard to beat IMO ($18 shipped). They aren't very thick but they have that lovely PBT rough, ceramic feel. If someone was looking to try PBT to see if they like the feel compared to other materials this is the only set I would recommend. I doubt they would ever be "end-game" keys for anyone but from a work-horse viewpoint they are great.

I bought mine to hold me over until Ivans pitch black PBT group buy delivers because the stock ABS keys on my Filco had started to shine pretty badly after only 3 months of daily use. After 6 months of the same level of usage, the BangGood PBTs have only very slightly lost some of their initial texture. They still feel probably 95% as good as when they were new, basically the wear is only detectable if you compare the feel of the alpha keys which get used all the time to something like the F-row keys which almost never get used.

My only issue (which is common with PBT) was that the space bar came slightly warped. It took maybe 10 minutes with a hair dryer to fix and now its just as straight as the ABS Filco space bar.

Like others have said, shipping can be pretty slow from BangGood. If I recall, mine took just shy of 4 weeks to be delivered.

Realforce EK45 (Silenced)  |  Realforce 87UW (45g)  |  Realforce 87UWS (Variable)
Filco MJ2 TKL (Cherry Clears)  |  Phantom 87 (78g Gateron Clears)  |  Phantom 86 (67g Zealios)

Offline medvednic

« Reply #4 on: Sun, 15 June 2014, 13:07:44 »
thanks for your replies!

IBM Model M | CM Strom QFR Stealth MX Brown

Offline jinq-sea

« Reply #5 on: Mon, 16 June 2014, 09:07:14 »
FWIW Banggood is quite good in my experience, but I have never ordered keycaps from there (R/C stuff etc though!)

Offline ideus

• * Exalted Elder
  • Björkö.
« Reply #6 on: Tue, 17 June 2014, 13:00:46 »
As others have said already, the keys have very good quality / price ratio. I bought one just for the space bar, (a KC84 PBT set) and I cannot be happier with the space bar. Probably the best one I have, and I have many Cherry original, used and new, and some SP, all ABS of course, so this one is what I use at home with my Poker X. For that price you cannot get anything better.

Offline Oobly

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #7 on: Wed, 18 June 2014, 02:05:47 »
I have tried the blank white PBT caps and blank black POM ones. They are actually Keycool brand if I am not mistaken. Very nice, especially for the price. Took 6 weeks to arrive.

I recommend you choose tracked post, the free post option takes a LONG time and then suddenly appears at your door with no warning.
Buying more keycaps,
it really hacks my wallet,
but I must have them.