Author Topic: Are some blank SA keycaps PBT?  (Read 4232 times)

Offline davkol

•  Post Editing Timeout
Are some blank SA keycaps PBT?
« on: Tue, 14 April 2015, 14:35:06 »
Apart from group buys, Signature Plastics have been selling separate blank SA keycaps (row 3). Back when the leftover inventory (PDF) was available at their website, there were some SA PBT keycaps. Currently, that listing is moved to PMK and there are SA keycaps still available in various colors—some of these codes correspond to codes used for for PBT. Does it mean that, say, "WAN" white SA blanks are PBT?

Offline tbc

Re: Are some blank SA keycaps PBT?
« Reply #1 on: Tue, 14 April 2015, 17:59:21 »
did you email melissa?
ALL zombros wanted:  dead or undead or dead-dead.

Offline davkol

•  Post Editing Timeout
« Reply #2 on: Tue, 14 April 2015, 18:10:00 »
Last year, but didn't get any reply (could be a technical issue though).

I though someone else knew anyway.

Now I'm totally lost in the mess of their websites; I don't even use Facebook… Well, is it the sales(at)foobar.com e-mail address?

Offline ConscienceDrop

• a-are these pbt?
« Reply #3 on: Tue, 14 April 2015, 18:23:07 »
If its possible to get Sa full couture in PBT please for the love of god someone organize a group buy with simple legends if its possible.

I'd actually be willing to do it, but I wouldn't know where to start

Offline berserkfan

• changing diapers is more fun than model f assembly
« Reply #4 on: Sat, 18 April 2015, 01:44:34 »
Last year, but didn't get any reply (could be a technical issue though).

I though someone else knew anyway.

Now I'm totally lost in the mess of their websites; I don't even use Facebook… Well, is it the sales(at)foobar.com e-mail address?

Try this. I know it works. I am not putting the complete email address here so that spambots can't bother Melissa.

mpetersen

At

solutionsinplastic

Dot

com
Most of the modding can be done on your own once you break through the psychological barriers.

Offline Sigmoid

« Reply #5 on: Thu, 30 April 2015, 10:42:18 »
Would an SA PBT group buy be successful? I might set one up if people agree...

By the way, can anyone add some insight on the quality of PBT SA keycaps? I'm significantly underwhelmed by the DSA ones.
Also, is having double-shot legend possible in PBT too?

Offline Data

« Reply #6 on: Thu, 30 April 2015, 14:00:53 »
Even though it's technically possible, SP won't do doubleshot PBT.  They probably don't have the tooling for it.  So even assuming they wanted to do SA profile PBT keycaps you'd be limited to dye sublimated or pad printed legends.

Offline Sigmoid

« Reply #7 on: Thu, 30 April 2015, 16:01:01 »
Even though it's technically possible, SP won't do doubleshot PBT.  They probably don't have the tooling for it.  So even assuming they wanted to do SA profile PBT keycaps you'd be limited to dye sublimated or pad printed legends.

Hm as I suspected... It doesn't matter much for blanks of course. That said, the extra color and contrast on a double-shot key can look pretty pleasing. :D I've thought of making a doubleshot "blank" keyboard with all O's on the alphanumeric keys, and all #s on the num row. :D

So anyone who has seen a PBT (or even ABS) SA keycap up close? Are they nicer / thicker / less warpy than the DSA ones? :)