Author Topic: [GB] Custom 60% keyboard kit (Campine x Gazzew)  (Read 6662 times)

Offline AlexAtPanc

• Panc Interactive
[GB] Custom 60% keyboard kit (Campine x Gazzew)
« on: Sat, 01 April 2017, 16:58:02 »
Tl;dr:
Group Buy for a stainless steel 60% plate, bent steel case and PCB supporting arrow cluster on the primary layer. Order form below:

https://goo.gl/NgqV2t

WHAT:
I'm doing a group buy for custom keyboard kit. The parts are compatible with all popular 60% PCBs and plates, so you could potentially part out the full kit if you chose.
- The cases are bent 304 18 ga steel with several mounting points for compatibility.
- The switchplates are 16 ga stainless steel supporting all PCB layouts and both MX and Alps switches. Both steel parts take to aesthetic modifications very well.
- The PCB supports several different bottom row layouts, including an arrow cluster on the top layer. It has oversized LED holes for proper SIP socket insertion. NOTE: This version of the PCB does NOT support alps switches. There is also monochrome underglow. PCBs are flashed with ps2avrGB and fully support bootmapperclient.

Here is an album with images of the parts that will be cut
More

And here is an album of the assembled parts
More

You will receive:

1. 1x - Custom 60% PCB (Gazzew66)
More

2. 1x - 60% brushed steel switchplate supporting multiple layouts and both MX and Alps switches
More

3. 1x - Bottom 60% brushed bent steel case
More

4. 1x - Set of screws and standoffs for assembly

HOW MUCH:
The price will be $85 with CONUS shipping included. I will ship internationally, but the shipping price will increase depending on location. Please contact me if you would like to place an international order. Order form is below:

https://goo.gl/NgqV2t

WHEN:
The GB will close on 4/14 at midnight. I extended the end date to accommodate additional entrants. Upon wrapping of the GB, I will confirm and send out invoices in the following 3 days. You will receive emails from my personal account, and any email requiring a response will receive one within 24 hours. If the information is relevant, the response will be cross-posted to GH and r/mk.

I expect the parts to come in within 60 days of the order placement date. The completion length is mostly dependent on the PCB production; since it is a custom order, the functionality and viability of the parts are being monitored at every available opportunity. I should have the parts and will prepare them for shipping in the 3 days following the order fulfilment, with everyone receiving tracking info to their Paypal email.

Any questions, please ask!
« Last Edit: Thu, 13 April 2017, 11:08:34 by AlexAtPanc »

Offline AlexAtPanc

• Panc Interactive
Re: [GB] Custom 60% keyboard kit (Campine x Gazzew)
« Reply #1 on: Tue, 04 April 2017, 00:43:42 »
Now with 100% more layout info!

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
  • "Do you shovel to survive, or survive to shovel?"
« Reply #2 on: Tue, 04 April 2017, 00:44:50 »
link for the case picture is broken

great price though
QFR | MJ2 TKL | "Bulgogiboard" (Keycon 104) | ctrl.alt x GON 60% | TGR Alice | Mira SE #29 | Mira SE #34 | Revo One | z | Keycult No. 1 | AIS65 | First CW87 prototype | Mech27v1 | Camp C225 | Duck Orion V1 | LZ CLS sxh | Geon Frog TKL | Hiney TKL One | Geon Glare TKL

"Everything is worse, but in a barely perceptible and indefinable way" -dollartacos, after I came back from a break | "Is Linkshine our Nixon?" -NAV | "Puddsy is the Puddsy of keebs" -ns90

Offline AlexAtPanc

• Panc Interactive
« Reply #3 on: Tue, 04 April 2017, 00:52:44 »
Thanks m'friend, updated links with some better pics which include weights of each part.

Offline snowkid2themax

« Reply #4 on: Wed, 05 April 2017, 01:31:19 »
Can you clarify which steel plates we'd be getting in this group buy?

Correct me if I'm wrong, but the plate shown in both album pics as well as the plate specific picture show a plate that does not support arrow keys on the bottom row. The plate shown in the PCB picture is different and does support arrow keys.

Are we getting a PCB that supports arrow keys without a plate that supports them?

Offline AlexAtPanc

• Panc Interactive
« Reply #5 on: Wed, 05 April 2017, 12:08:25 »
The plate will definitely support the arrow cluster. The pictures are to illustrate the quality and finish of the plate itself, rather than the exact design. Expect pics of the prototype plate, capped layouts and PCB very soon, and below is an image with the different layout options:

There are a couple more layouts available, but these are the ones that are most unique I believe.

Offline heroinbob

« Reply #6 on: Wed, 05 April 2017, 22:44:19 »
Doh!
« Last Edit: Wed, 05 April 2017, 22:51:33 by heroinbob »

Offline AlexAtPanc

• Panc Interactive
« Reply #7 on: Mon, 10 April 2017, 20:08:30 »
A couple more shots of the assembled board:

Offline AlexAtPanc

• Panc Interactive
« Reply #8 on: Thu, 13 April 2017, 09:48:55 »
 NOTE: This version of the PCB does NOT support alps switches. Updated post above.

Offline fropones

« Reply #9 on: Thu, 13 April 2017, 10:44:44 »
How well do holtites fit?

Offline AlexAtPanc

• Panc Interactive
« Reply #10 on: Thu, 13 April 2017, 11:11:47 »
They fit very well, tolerance should not be a problem!

Offline AlexAtPanc

• Panc Interactive
« Reply #11 on: Fri, 14 April 2017, 09:09:19 »
Another pic of the backlighting: