Author Topic: Custom Keycap Ideas Thread - all ideas welcome  (Read 992655 times)

Offline divito

Re: Custom Keycap Ideas Thread - all ideas welcome
« Reply #850 on: Wed, 20 August 2014, 11:21:42 »
Idea: 'PCB cap'

While bored at work I was working with there bunch of small PCB and thought what if theres a key cap made out of old PCBs. Maybe this has already been posted, so I'm not sure.

Protoype: (I used double sided tape to stick it on 5 sides of a key cap.
Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

What do you guys think. Half of me think its dumb.

I think that's pretty cool actually.
Varmilo (MX Grey) KeyCool 87 (MX Clear) Quickfire Stealth (MX Green)

Offline rainb1ood

• so pretty so plastic
« Reply #851 on: Wed, 20 August 2014, 11:36:19 »

While bored at work I was working with there bunch of small PCB and thought what if theres a key cap made out of old PCBs. Maybe this has already been posted, so I'm not sure.

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Thanks. I dont know yet how to make the edges look cleaner

Offline do_Og@n

• * Maker
« Reply #852 on: Wed, 20 August 2014, 23:21:50 »

While bored at work I was working with these bunch of small PCB and thought what if theres a key cap made out of old PCBs. Maybe this has already been posted, so I'm not sure.

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

I like it...hope you keep us all posted.

Offline Dog

• Bark
« Reply #853 on: Sun, 24 August 2014, 03:19:41 »
I made this today while messing around in photoshop. Don't really know what I'm doing though. I named it "60s Diner" because that was all I could think to name it.

Any thoughts?

Offline Tasker

• Gizmo Bazaar
« Reply #854 on: Sun, 24 August 2014, 15:19:52 »
Wow, some great ideas here. I have a shop on shapeways with a few 3D printed keycaps on it:
https://www.shapeways.com/shops/gizmobazaar
I might have to just trawl through this whole thread and see what other cool designs I can put together!

Offline nubbinator

• Dabbler Supreme
  • * Maker
  • Model M "connoisseur"
« Reply #855 on: Sun, 24 August 2014, 18:23:48 »
Wow, some great ideas here. I have a shop on shapeways with a few 3D printed keycaps on it:
I might have to just trawl through this whole thread and see what other cool designs I can put together!

Did you just steal a bunch of caps from people?  I saw that because you have more than a few of Cherpella's caps in your store, including her Smallfry tribute cap.

Offline Tasker

• Gizmo Bazaar
« Reply #856 on: Mon, 25 August 2014, 03:02:06 »

Did you just steal a bunch of caps from people?  I saw that because you have more than a few of Cherpella's caps in your store, including her Smallfry tribute cap.

lol no, I've actually been working with Cherp to create some of the keycaps (like the small fry tribute and the starman keycap). That's why her name is mentioned in some of the photos.
She's been coming up with some ideas and I've been trying to make them, but I'm always on the lookout for new ones!

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #857 on: Mon, 25 August 2014, 03:08:35 »
What about a key cap with a small pressure sensor above the stem, and every time you press it there's a voice that says 'PING'

Offline nubbinator

• Dabbler Supreme
  • * Maker
  • Model M "connoisseur"
« Reply #858 on: Mon, 25 August 2014, 09:12:53 »

lol no, I've actually been working with Cherp to create some of the keycaps (like the small fry tribute and the starman keycap). That's why her name is mentioned in some of the photos.
She's been coming up with some ideas and I've been trying to make them, but I'm always on the lookout for new ones!

Ahh, okay.  There have just been too many people doing this recently that I've turned into quite the cynic.

Offline Tasker

• Gizmo Bazaar
« Reply #859 on: Mon, 25 August 2014, 09:46:28 »
That's cool... Ironically I might have to steal that comic though. Made me chuckle :D

Offline captain

« Reply #860 on: Wed, 27 August 2014, 08:51:51 »
Awesome, DSA. My wallet remains safe. ;)

I don't want to crap on anyone's GB, but what's with all the DSA sets lately?  Isn't the whole point of spending $100s on keyboards to make them as perfect as possible, including ergonomics?  Great color choices on several sets lately, but that sad, flat, hard-sticking, industrial DSA profile sucks.  Get on the DCS bandwagon, people!  Your fingers will thank you, and your GBs will go To The Moon!  :-)

Hell, sigplast even writes, "The DSA family was mainly created for industrial applications where customers required the keyboard to sustain a drop test of 4-6 feet, so the tighter the mount fit the better. These customers, unlike keyboard enthusiast, were not pulling keys on and off the keyboard."  i.e. DCS is for *keyboard enthusiasts"!  DSA is for clumsy wanks who drop their keyboards on the floor. 
Welcome to geekhack -- where we like to type -- but don't care so much about reading.

Offline nubbinator

• Dabbler Supreme
  • * Maker
  • Model M "connoisseur"
« Reply #861 on: Wed, 27 August 2014, 09:20:44 »
Some people don't care for DCS because of how thin it is.

Offline cherpalla

« Reply #862 on: Fri, 05 September 2014, 13:56:32 »
Some people don't care for DCS because of how thin it is.

Nub I just read you have a sad. I'm so sorry.

Also, I was considering doing a stone-looking set when I get all my acrylic stuff. I have experience with many different types of faux finishes. What do we think of rocks?
c h e r

Offline FrostyToast

• Litshoard
  • * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #863 on: Fri, 05 September 2014, 14:00:32 »

While bored at work I was working with these bunch of small PCB and thought what if theres a key cap made out of old PCBs. Maybe this has already been posted, so I'm not sure.

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

It would be so cool (yet expensive as hell) to have actual circuitry for something like and annoy-a-tron on the actual keycap.
Quote from: elton5354
I don't need anymore keyboards

Offline anne

« Reply #864 on: Mon, 08 September 2014, 16:39:26 »
Hi folks, I'm new here... ijprest's keyboard layout editor is quite possibly the most fun thing ever.  Here are two ideas I've been kicking around, and I'd love any feedback. 

This first set was inspired by a peaceful koi pond.  I love keycool's rainbow pastel set, but I wanted something ... how shall I say this?  With a little less ... unicorn poop?
http://imgur.com/QwpNxel

This one was because I love those purple shades--they remind me of black raspberry and purple yam ice cream!
http://imgur.com/5cnDHe5

Offline Dihedral

• Mostly Harmless
« Reply #865 on: Fri, 28 November 2014, 07:46:22 »

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

If refined a bit this could be nice!

Offline coldpizzaa

« Reply #866 on: Sat, 29 November 2014, 20:52:09 »
I want this to happen:
(Attachment Link)

I can't think of any good ideas but that sounds amazing
( ´_⊃`)

Offline derezzed

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #867 on: Sat, 20 December 2014, 00:57:05 »
I recently got an NMB keyboard (with split space bar) with space invader switches and thought that Space Invader keycaps would look great.  But then I thought that they would look better as dye-subbed, laser etched, backlit keys on a black keyboard.   Lighting effects from a Ducky Shine keyboard would really make this keycap set stand out.   RGB LEDs would make it even better. I didn't finish the whole board but I think this image gives a good idea of what this set could look like.
84503-0

Offline awesom-o

« Reply #868 on: Sat, 20 December 2014, 13:47:47 »
Would really love love love a geek_feng style aluminum silhouette keycap from Case Closed.

Black body, polished silver outline of hair, glasses, nose, smirk, bow tie.

« Reply #869 on: Mon, 22 December 2014, 08:46:21 »
I recently got an NMB keyboard (with split space bar) with space invader switches and thought that Space Invader keycaps would look great.  But then I thought that they would look better as dye-subbed, laser etched, backlit keys on a black keyboard.   Lighting effects from a Ducky Shine keyboard would really make this keycap set stand out.   RGB LEDs would make it even better. I didn't finish the whole board but I think this image gives a good idea of what this set could look like.
(Attachment Link)

I would love this! Space invader caps! I hope someone makes this! I agree that it would be an amazing backlit key.

Offline oledome

• not batman
« Reply #870 on: Tue, 13 January 2015, 15:23:19 »
One of the first keyboards I used I believe to be a BBC Micro computer made by Acorn.

I like the function keys using what looks like a latin ƒ, only there is no hook at the end, and how the number is in subscript.

Offline Dihedral

• Mostly Harmless
« Reply #871 on: Fri, 16 January 2015, 15:39:54 »
One of the first keyboards I used I believe to be a BBC Micro computer made by Acorn.

I like the function keys using what looks like a latin ƒ, only there is no hook at the end, and how the number is in subscript.

Show Image

These are nice! Would look good on a retro (Olivetti, or Model M style) keyset.

Offline JinxBones

Geekhack standard keycap template
« Reply #872 on: Tue, 20 January 2015, 06:09:37 »
can't seem to find the template you guys use for your keycap ideas. I worked one up on the WASD website but I imagine it's definitely not the standard here.  Help a newb out, please.
The thief who stole a dollar is hung, while the thief who stole a million is praised.

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #873 on: Tue, 20 January 2015, 15:21:03 »
can't seem to find the template you guys use for your keycap ideas. I worked one up on the WASD website but I imagine it's definitely not the standard here.  Help a newb out, please.

Welcome to Geekhack!

Maybe this one: http://lab.cubiq.org/kbcc/#GFW,WA,GFW,WA

Or this one: http://www.keyboard-layout-editor.com/

This question is covered in the Simple Questions thread :p
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline JinxBones

« Reply #874 on: Tue, 20 January 2015, 17:53:30 »
Gah!  I fell in the newb hole, thank you so much.  I tried the search but I should have looked up that New Stuff page first.  Thanks again and my bad.
The thief who stole a dollar is hung, while the thief who stole a million is praised.

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #875 on: Tue, 20 January 2015, 18:44:16 »
Gah!  I fell in the newb hole, thank you so much.  I tried the search but I should have looked up that New Stuff page first.  Thanks again and my bad.

Searching GH effectively is covered there too :p
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline JinxBones

Cyrillic Only Keycap set
« Reply #876 on: Tue, 20 January 2015, 23:03:23 »
I have been working with some native Russian speakers to mock up a set of keycaps that would represent a "natively Russian" set of keys since the modifiers on a Russian keyboard are the same modifiers we use in the United States.  Tell me what you think. 

Offline noktrnlco

« Reply #877 on: Sun, 25 January 2015, 05:30:53 »
Here is my idea for a Futurama themed 60% keyset.

"Alienese" Language symbols from the show where available.
Sorry my Photoshop skills are limited. Front Side Print (or anything really) not properly aligned. Colors not yet matched to SP colors. Profile and legend alignment up for suggestions?

Offline Dihedral

• Mostly Harmless
« Reply #878 on: Sun, 25 January 2015, 05:42:04 »

Sorry my Photoshop skills are limited. Front Side Print (or anything really) not properly aligned. Colors not yet matched to SP colors. Profile and legend alignment up for suggestions?

That's pretty wild! Not into futurama but I'm sure there are fans who would lap it up.

Offline suicidal_orange

• * Global Moderator
Re: Cyrillic Only Keycap set
« Reply #879 on: Sun, 25 January 2015, 07:41:11 »
I have been working with some native Russian speakers to mock up a set of keycaps that would represent a "natively Russian" set of keys since the modifiers on a Russian keyboard are the same modifiers we use in the United States.  Tell me what you think.

I think you should buy a keyboard with media keys above the number pad to complete the flag :))

Other than that it looks nice and colourful and has a clear meaning - it's a good idea and I'm sure it would sell well.
120/100g linear Zealio R1  
GMK Hyperfuse
'Split everything' perfection  
MX Clear
SA Hack'd by Geeks     
EasyAVR mod

Offline JinxBones

« Reply #880 on: Sun, 25 January 2015, 17:40:47 »
I think you should buy a keyboard with media keys above the number pad to complete the flag :))

Other than that it looks nice and colourful and has a clear meaning - it's a good idea and I'm sure it would sell well.

Thanks for the positive words of encouragement.  After posting this to my Russian peers, it turns out that Russians would look at this color arrangement as nearly satirical, as using the flag on everything is not the same as here in 'Murica.  So, a more typical color scheme might be more in order.  Not that it stopped me from ordering a brightly colored set from WASDkeyboards (as a test run to see how they look before getting into making a set on PBTs).
« Last Edit: Sun, 25 January 2015, 17:42:27 by JinxBones »

Offline ZergWriter

« Reply #881 on: Wed, 28 January 2015, 15:09:51 »

That is an awesome set. :)
This isn't an idea per say but I'm looking to get a set of backlight compatible keys printed using the Korean layout any advice on where I would go to get it done or where I could buy them? I'm still new to the custom keycap scene so I've no idea where to start I've looked at most of the sites but what I want seems to niche.

Offline JinxBones

Cyrillic Only
« Reply #882 on: Mon, 02 February 2015, 18:11:21 »
Here is a set I had worked up by WASDkeyboards as a sample.  Also, my only camera is on a crappy phone so...my bad on that part.

Offline phishy

« Reply #883 on: Thu, 05 February 2015, 09:25:44 »
How much interest would there be in something like this?

http://www.keyboard-layout-editor.com/#/layouts/c3c22158cd225ab512be8d32111207e6

Offline Nai_Calus

• * Destiny Supporter
  • CLACK
« Reply #884 on: Fri, 06 February 2015, 14:04:46 »
No one else would ever want either of them, especially not the second, but I totally want bothall three of these:

http://www.keyboard-layout-editor.com/#/layouts/6c151b0be8a44167cc92cf4dd3d7e0fd

http://www.keyboard-layout-editor.com/#/layouts/d903be43b19c53216f000f2dd6b59fe7

http://www.keyboard-layout-editor.com/#/layouts/a8bf7d9110765ba13ed801317682e541

(The first one is Elsa's ice dress colours, the second is Anna's coronation dress colours, the third is her travel outfit. I've watched too much Frozen.)
« Last Edit: Sat, 07 February 2015, 03:10:10 by Nai_Calus »
- IBM 4704 Model F 107-key "Bertha"
Other boards: Kinesis Essential, Infinity(G.Clears), Ergodox(MX Blues), Monoprice 9433

Eternally searching for Celestial Blue BS V2 and blue/purple Bros.

Offline derezzed

• * Destiny Supporter
Re: Cyrillic Only
« Reply #885 on: Sat, 07 February 2015, 00:50:20 »
Here is a set I had worked up by WASDkeyboards as a sample.  Also, my only camera is on a crappy phone so...my bad on that part.

I don't foresee myself buying keycaps until my collection is nearly complete.  I'd rather spend the money on keyboards than on keycaps.  However, I love the vintage look of  this set.  If I had a vintage TKL board, I would seriously consider buying this set.  If the legends on the alphas are engraved and painted (they kind of appear to be in the image), that's a really nice touch.

Offline Dihedral

• Mostly Harmless
« Reply #886 on: Mon, 16 February 2015, 10:52:38 »
How much interest would there be in something like this?

http://www.keyboard-layout-editor.com/#/layouts/c3c22158cd225ab512be8d32111207e6

Looks like midnight in reverse. Like all the PMK key sets, its a bit bright for me.

Offline FoC_Tow

• * Destiny Supporter
  • Brokehlicious
« Reply #887 on: Wed, 18 February 2015, 19:50:50 »

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

I really like the idea as well actually and I think it would be awesome to turn this into an artisan cap!

If someone would sculpt a pcb on a cap (maybe even different variations) and make molds from them it could look pretty awesome imo.
Especially double shot as a clear cap with opaque (any color really) pcb on top...

A full f row of clear caps with different colored and style PCBs on top would be amazing!

Offline jawad83

« Reply #888 on: Sat, 28 February 2015, 06:08:32 »
I'm in the process of making some caps with different faces here are some pics of the so far😉

Offline d.caminero

« Reply #889 on: Sun, 01 March 2015, 14:55:13 »

Maybe a bit late, but wow I'd love that keyset! Maybe some Bender love? or the character faces for the F row?

Offline blastoid

« Reply #890 on: Mon, 09 March 2015, 14:41:21 »

Omg. I have been working on exactly this, except without access to any native Russian speakers. (Well, there's Dimitar at work, but I really don't know him all that well...)

Actually, just last night I gave up on trying to translate and went with phonetics instead: шифт, делийт

Why am I doing this? Because my dream keyboard looks like could have launched a cold war-era nuclear strike. Brown keys, SA profile, Cyrillic labels, and instead of Enter, a big red ЛАУНЧ. Edit: That's LAUNCH for the uninitiated.
« Last Edit: Mon, 09 March 2015, 14:52:21 by blastoid »

Offline derezzed

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #891 on: Mon, 09 March 2015, 23:57:57 »

Omg. I have been working on exactly this, except without access to any native Russian speakers. (Well, there's Dimitar at work, but I really don't know him all that well...)

Actually, just last night I gave up on trying to translate and went with phonetics instead: шифт, делийт

Why am I doing this? Because my dream keyboard looks like could have launched a cold war-era nuclear strike. Brown keys, SA profile, Cyrillic labels, and instead of Enter, a big red ЛАУНЧ. Edit: That's LAUNCH for the uninitiated.

Please post images when you get your design hammered out.  I already complimented JinxBones' design and I share your sentiment.  I want a keycap set that looks like it came from a Soviet or American computer from the era of the 1950s to the early 1970s.

Offline vax

« Reply #892 on: Thu, 19 March 2015, 09:55:01 »
Why hasnt there been a Raindrop PBT GB yet? What am I missing?  :'(

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #893 on: Thu, 19 March 2015, 09:57:05 »
Why hasnt there been a Raindrop PBT GB yet? What am I missing?  :'(
Massdrop just put up blue on white pbt vortex caps.

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #894 on: Sat, 21 March 2015, 19:16:02 »
Why has no one done a Jason hockey mask yet? Just imagine the backlight possibilities  :cool:

Offline Bloo

« Reply #895 on: Sun, 22 March 2015, 00:37:50 »
I'm very new around here so I don't know much about what's hot and what's not...but why don't I see more ZBIG love?

credit:  https://www.massdrop.com/vote/triumph-adler-gmk-replica----cherry-mx-keycap-set-1?referer=KQJNA3#tab-voting

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #896 on: Sun, 22 March 2015, 01:26:33 »
I'm very new around here so I don't know much about what's hot and what's not...but why don't I see more ZBIG love?

Show Image

credit:  https://www.massdrop.com/vote/triumph-adler-gmk-replica----cherry-mx-keycap-set-1?referer=KQJNA3#tab-voting

Welcome to Geekhack!

The horrible legends might be one reason why this sort of thing gets no love.  Around here Cherry legends seem to be very much preferred ;)

Offline blastoid

« Reply #897 on: Tue, 24 March 2015, 14:50:46 »

Please post images when you get your design hammered out.  I already complimented JinxBones' design and I share your sentiment.  I want a keycap set that looks like it came from a Soviet or American computer from the era of the 1950s to the early 1970s.

Thoughts on this?

http://www.keyboard-layout-editor.com/#/layouts/cd2be51682fa25cd3a6c2f1767cf97be

Edit: Oh lord, it's in a disgusting serif font on my Windows laptop. It looked great on my Linux box; I'll have to post a screenshot from there tomorrow.
« Last Edit: Tue, 24 March 2015, 20:30:36 by blastoid »

Offline blastoid

« Reply #898 on: Wed, 25 March 2015, 12:00:30 »

Offline derezzed

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #899 on: Wed, 25 March 2015, 20:02:29 »
Looks good.  I'm not sure how I feel about the colorway, though.  It would probably look a lot better on an actual set of keys.  I also don't see a caret symbol or greater than symbol.  Is that deliberate?