Author Topic: [FS] Custom 3D novelty keycaps from K3YD (Updated 18 August, 2014!)  (Read 44101 times)

Offline theseheights

Re: [FS] Custom 3D novelty keycaps from K3YD (Updated 14 April, 2014!)
« Reply #50 on: Mon, 19 May 2014, 20:04:48 »
Yes!  I can do simple embossed letters.  Each key will cost just about the same as you see in the shop for each profile.  Legends contain very little material compared to the rest of the keycap, so they only change the price by a few cents.

Would you ship to Australia, or not?

Offline RaVNzCRoFT

• * Commercial Vendor
« Reply #51 on: Mon, 19 May 2014, 20:40:31 »
Yes, but it may be a bit pricey.  Check out Shapeways for their international shipping rates.
<<< Click to view

Offline mian2222

« Reply #52 on: Tue, 20 May 2014, 23:21:43 »
EDIT: Please ignore. Did not see the survey.
« Last Edit: Tue, 20 May 2014, 23:36:33 by mian2222 »

Offline RaVNzCRoFT

• * Commercial Vendor
« Reply #53 on: Mon, 23 June 2014, 18:25:34 »
New plastic colors are now available!

Several new colors are now available for purchase in my 3D keycap shop, K3YD.

Click here to visit the shop!

Don't forget, what makes K3YD so unique is that I take design requests.  Name a design (or many designs) and I will make them, if possible.  You choose what goes in the shop!
<<< Click to view

Offline RaVNzCRoFT

• * Commercial Vendor
Re: [FS] Custom 3D novelty keycaps from K3YD (Updated 18 August, 2014!)
« Reply #54 on: Mon, 18 August 2014, 20:17:49 »
Did you know K3YD sells replacement spacebars--even ones that are a non-standard size?

• 6.25x ("standard" size; fits Filco, Ducky, Poker, Das Keyboard, QFR, and more)
  • 6.5x (with stems spaced 52.5mm from center; fits Quickfire TK, Quickfire XT, Corsair Vengeance K65/70/75/90/95, Logitech G710+, and more)
  • 5.5x (with stems spaced 42.8625mm from center; fits Noppoo Choc Mini 84)

You can click the thumbnails on the product page to see a detailed preview of what each key looks like in a variety of materials.

Wondering how they look once they're printed?  They look great!  Example 1, Example 2

Those are some of the most common spacebar types, but if you request a different size I'll see what I can do!

Do you want a custom design engraved or embossed in the front or top of the spacebar?  Just let me know and I'll make it for you!  You can choose from a variety of colors and materials.  Also check out my other designs like novelty function row keys and novelty bottom-row modifiers.

Thank you so much for looking!

Click here to visit K3YD!
<<< Click to view

Offline MythicalWagyu

• * Exquisite Elder
  • Poor Impulse Control
« Reply #55 on: Fri, 22 August 2014, 11:22:25 »
Did you know K3YD sells replacement spacebars--even ones that are a non-standard size?

• 6.25x ("standard" size; fits Filco, Ducky, Poker, Das Keyboard, QFR, and more)
  • 6.5x (with stems spaced 52.5mm from center; fits Quickfire TK, Quickfire XT, Corsair Vengeance K65/70/75/90/95, Logitech G710+, and more)

You can click the thumbnails on the product page to see a detailed preview of what each key looks like in a variety of materials.

Wondering how they look once they're printed?  They look great!  Example 1, Example 2

Those are some of the most common spacebar types, but if you request a different size I'll see what I can do!

Do you want a custom design engraved or embossed in the front or top of the spacebar?  Just let me know and I'll make it for you!  You can choose from a variety of colors and materials.  Also check out my other designs like novelty function row keys and novelty bottom-row modifiers.

Holy poop, is this real life? A replacement spacebar for my Choc Mini?!? Are there any other colors that can be ordered? Hoping for something in cyan/teal/turquoise that would kind of work with Hyperfuse; if not I may give the purple a shot. I will definitely be looking into this, thanks for posting
KEYBOARDS >>
More
More
OG Blackwidow | Rosewill RK-9000BRI | QuickFire Rapid | Choc Mini | Apple M0110 (soon) | Leopold FC660C | 60% Pure | Poker II | Keycool 22
MICE >>
More
Logitech G5 | Corsair M65 | Logitech G400
COMPUTER >>
More
i5-3570K @ 4.2GHz, 12GB DDR3, 2GB GTX 670, 64GB SSD, ~4TB HDD, 2x Dell S2240M IPS, Corsair HX650 80 Plus Silver, Win7 Ultimate
  [WTS/WTB/WTT]  Heatware evaluation

too busy being on aol chatrooms/yahoo chatrooms acting like a lesbian with other guys pretending to be lesbians.

Offline RaVNzCRoFT

• * Commercial Vendor
« Reply #56 on: Fri, 22 August 2014, 17:13:36 »

Holy poop, is this real life? A replacement spacebar for my Choc Mini?!? Are there any other colors that can be ordered? Hoping for something in cyan/teal/turquoise that would kind of work with Hyperfuse; if not I may give the purple a shot. I will definitely be looking into this, thanks for posting

Unfortunately, the colors you see are the only ones available so there's not yet an option for something cyan/teal/turquoise.  But purple could look quite nice with Hyperfuse, as you suggested.  You could also try getting one in white and dyeing it.  Thanks for your interest!
<<< Click to view

Offline yirimyah

« Reply #57 on: Sat, 23 August 2014, 19:29:51 »
Adding my voice to the calls for Topre. My first mechanical keyboard was a HHKB Pro JP and to this day I can't seem to get any damn custom keycaps for it at any price.

Stems should be trivial for you to change. The problem will be profile. R4 looks identical between Cherry and Topre, but there's definitely profile differences on R1, 2 and 3. But it would be very much worth your while to supply Topre keys - there's just no supply available. Personally I'd buy ten R1s and two metal R2s in a heartbeat.
« Last Edit: Sat, 23 August 2014, 20:13:34 by yirimyah »

Offline BamBooBam

• Yammy Caps
« Reply #58 on: Sat, 30 August 2014, 22:55:58 »
some topre love plz  ;) ;)
Geekhack an alternation of money sink.

Offline RaVNzCRoFT

• * Commercial Vendor
« Reply #59 on: Sun, 31 August 2014, 08:28:45 »
Would anybody be willing to send me one or more cheap Topre caps so I can get the dimensions and start adding Topre to my shop?
<<< Click to view

Offline ComradeSniper

• HHKB Pro
  • * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #60 on: Sun, 31 August 2014, 20:17:43 »
Would anybody be willing to send me one or more cheap Topre caps so I can get the dimensions and start adding Topre to my shop?

I can send you some ESC row topre caps, just pm me the shipping address. :)

Offline RaVNzCRoFT

• * Commercial Vendor
« Reply #61 on: Mon, 01 September 2014, 11:20:10 »
Thank you so much to ComradeSniper, who has agreed to send me a Topre Esc row keycap!!!

Topre keys are soon to come!  ;D
<<< Click to view

Offline scooterpsu

« Reply #62 on: Tue, 16 September 2014, 10:16:28 »
It'd be awesome to get an Aperture Science logo key for my Portal-themed board.

Offline kebby

« Reply #63 on: Tue, 02 December 2014, 14:04:12 »
Are there any example photos of the polished plastic versions? Or a metal one?

Offline RaVNzCRoFT

• * Commercial Vendor
« Reply #64 on: Tue, 02 December 2014, 17:23:12 »

The red, blue, pink, and purple keys you see in the OP are polished plastic.  Here's a green space bar.  Here's two made of polished nickel steel.
<<< Click to view

Offline JaccoW

• Fire Typer!!
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Keyboard is Lava!
« Reply #65 on: Tue, 02 December 2014, 17:41:46 »
Very nice. Put you in the list of Keycap shops ;)
|||Daily driver: Duck Orion TKL
|||My other keyboards :
More
|||The Original|Home|Work|Numpad|Play|Endgame|Keycaps
x
|Déck Legend Frost|Keycool 87 LE|Leopold FC660M|FC 210TP|Raptor K1 Gaming|Duck Orion TKL|My keycaps & sets
|Pics|Pics|Pics|Pics|Pics|Pics

|||Want to know what Keycap stores there are? Check out my Keyboard Pearltree and my (FS/FT/WTB) thread

Offline kebby

« Reply #66 on: Tue, 02 December 2014, 17:47:18 »

The red, blue, pink, and purple keys you see in the OP are polished plastic.  Here's a green space bar.  Here's two made of polished nickel steel.

Thanks. :)

Would not have thought even the polished ones look so "felt-like" in the pics... Could you make a 4.5x space bar for Pure Pro / Filco MJ2 JP, maybe even one that fits DSA or cherry/DCS height?

Offline RaVNzCRoFT

• * Commercial Vendor
« Reply #67 on: Tue, 02 December 2014, 17:53:06 »
I could definitely make a 4.5x space bar, although making one that matches DSA/DCS/Cherry would take quite a bit more time and effort.  Everything in the shop right now is "OEM"/Filco profile, and it might be kind of difficult to make a one-off design in a different profile.  But I'm certainly not opposed to making complete sets for different profiles in the future.  I have keycap sets with OEM and Cherry profiles, and I believe Signature Plastics posts a lot of good dimensioned drawings online for me to replicate DSA and DCS.  I also have a Topre keycap that was generously donated, so I can make those in the future as well.

And thanks for adding me to that list, JaccoW!
« Last Edit: Tue, 02 December 2014, 17:54:57 by RaVNzCRoFT »
<<< Click to view

Offline kebby

« Reply #68 on: Wed, 03 December 2014, 02:51:52 »
Would be great to have different profiles. One similar to the ones up now but at 4.5x would be something I'd get just to see how it is and get some color options for combining with sets.

Offline xantiema

« Reply #69 on: Thu, 01 June 2017, 11:40:29 »
Are you making any SA profile key caps in the future?