Author Topic: Hello from Sweden!  (Read 1994 times)

Offline Jippadox

Hello from Sweden!
« on: Mon, 10 February 2020, 14:45:01 »
Hello everyone!
Found this forum when reasearching my first non "gaming" mech (had a corsair strafe before), the drop alt, on r/mk where I have been hanging out for a while. So i made an account here and now I guess I'll have to get a nice keycap set as well and KAT lucky jade do be lookin' nice.

My alt is the HP version which is going to get lubed Everglide crystals and some new stabs. Exited to be here and join you down in the rabbit hole!

Offline Maledicted

Re: Hello from Sweden!
« Reply #1 on: Tue, 11 February 2020, 08:38:39 »
Welcome to geekhack, Jippadox. Those are definitely some nice caps. I have too much money to spend on vintage keyboards with dead protocols and switch types to worry about such things though, myself. A satisfaction 75 would be nice though.

How are you liking the alt? I imagine that must be the smallest possible keyboard you can get and still reasonably navigate/highlight in spreadsheets with hotkeys, and whatever other arrow key-heavy tasks.
« Last Edit: Tue, 11 February 2020, 08:40:49 by Maledicted »

Offline bananasplit_00

« Reply #2 on: Tue, 11 February 2020, 08:58:42 »
Have you joined the Swedish mechanical keyboards discord yet? Welcome to the forum :)

Offline Jippadox

« Reply #3 on: Tue, 11 February 2020, 09:10:39 »
Have you joined the Swedish mechanical keyboards discord yet? Welcome to the forum :)
Thanks! I have not joined the discord. Could you maybe link it for me??

Offline Jippadox

« Reply #4 on: Tue, 11 February 2020, 09:38:09 »
Welcome to geekhack, Jippadox. Those are definitely some nice caps. I have too much money to spend on vintage keyboards with dead protocols and switch types to worry about such things though, myself. A satisfaction 75 would be nice though.

How are you liking the alt? I imagine that must be the smallest possible keyboard you can get and still reasonably navigate/highlight in spreadsheets with hotkeys, and whatever other arrow key-heavy tasks.
I do mostly writing and some gaming, so the arrow keys are nice, but I would not need anything larger with more keys. But the board in all is actually pretty nice, the default stabs were garbage, but that is easily fixed, so now it's pretty great. But it's the best I've had, so I'm happy with it.

Offline bananasplit_00

« Reply #5 on: Tue, 11 February 2020, 09:47:48 »
Thanks! I have not joined the discord. Could you maybe link it for me??
here you go:
https://discordapp.com/invite/AQMcvGk

Offline Maledicted

« Reply #6 on: Tue, 11 February 2020, 09:50:04 »
I do mostly writing and some gaming, so the arrow keys are nice, but I would not need anything larger with more keys. But the board in all is actually pretty nice, the default stabs were garbage, but that is easily fixed, so now it's pretty great. But it's the best I've had, so I'm happy with it.

I don't have any boutique boards yet myself, but that one would be a contender. I suppose a new production Model F might count, whenever hell freezes over and mine ships.

Offline Sammyjason3

• Download iMessage
« Reply #7 on: Wed, 12 February 2020, 03:54:08 »
Hello everyone!
Found this forum when reasearching my first non "gaming" mech (had a corsair strafe before), the drop Backup iMessages alt, on r/mk where I have been hanging out for a while. So i made an account here and now I guess I'll have to get a nice keycap set as well and KAT lucky jade do be lookin' nice.

My alt is the HP version which is going to get lubed Everglide crystals and some new stabs. Exited to be here and join you down in the rabbit hole!

Welcome. im also from sweden, Nice to meet you..
« Last Edit: Wed, 12 February 2020, 03:58:05 by Sammyjason3 »