Author Topic: 1  (Read 21147 times)

Offline Gondolindrim

• My GitHub
Re: [IC] Cello 65% double gasket
« Reply #50 on: Wed, 09 December 2020, 13:24:43 »
« Last Edit: Wed, 09 December 2020, 13:39:34 by Gondolindrim »
A pessimist will tell you the cup is half empty. An optimist will tell you the cup is half full. An engineer will tell you it's exactly twice the size it needs to be.

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
  • "Do you shovel to survive, or survive to shovel?"
« Reply #51 on: Wed, 09 December 2020, 13:30:23 »
damn we really out here with the essays today huh
QFR | MJ2 TKL | "Bulgogiboard" (Keycon 104) | ctrl.alt x GON 60% | TGR Alice | Mira SE #29 | Mira SE #34 | Revo One | z | Keycult No. 1 | AIS65 | First CW87 prototype | Mech27v1 | Camp C225 | Duck Orion V1 | LZ CLS sxh | Geon Frog TKL | Hiney TKL One | Geon Glare TKL

"Everything is worse, but in a barely perceptible and indefinable way" -dollartacos, after I came back from a break | "Is Linkshine our Nixon?" -NAV | "Puddsy is the Puddsy of keebs" -ns90

Offline powwu

• Discord
« Reply #52 on: Wed, 09 December 2020, 13:35:58 »
You know, I'm not for bullying but there's always an exception. This IC is that exception.
+1

Offline Gondolindrim

• My GitHub
« Reply #53 on: Wed, 09 December 2020, 13:36:50 »

Had time on the toilet.
« Last Edit: Wed, 09 December 2020, 13:38:23 by Gondolindrim »
A pessimist will tell you the cup is half empty. An optimist will tell you the cup is half full. An engineer will tell you it's exactly twice the size it needs to be.

Offline Amuaisi

« Reply #54 on: Wed, 09 December 2020, 13:52:48 »
Post number (PN) is a good metric to gauge wether a user is active. And that is it. It does not automatically say this is a cashgrab project or this is a good project, but it is in the roster of metrics to determine the fallibility and trust level of a poster, and also the chance a potential GB will go south. For what it's worth I've been in the community as the classical lurker from 2013, and I have keysets from 2013/2014 to prove it, so everything I'm saying also applies to me.

I just want to make clear that I agree with you. My questioning of the PN metric is toward the buyers OP is advertising to, not toward the OP themselves. I can't see OP's endgame with the metric they're using.

Offline 7empest

• ༼ つ ◕ ◕ ༽つ
« Reply #55 on: Wed, 09 December 2020, 13:56:52 »
I am really keen to see OP respond to this wonderful reception of this IC
« Last Edit: Wed, 09 December 2020, 14:00:33 by 7empest »

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
« Reply #56 on: Wed, 09 December 2020, 14:00:57 »

Had time on the toilet.

heheh, i have an essay in another thread, just one of those days

cyberpunk release messing with all of us
QFR | MJ2 TKL | "Bulgogiboard" (Keycon 104) | ctrl.alt x GON 60% | TGR Alice | Mira SE #29 | Mira SE #34 | Revo One | z | Keycult No. 1 | AIS65 | First CW87 prototype | Mech27v1 | Camp C225 | Duck Orion V1 | LZ CLS sxh | Geon Frog TKL | Hiney TKL One | Geon Glare TKL

"Everything is worse, but in a barely perceptible and indefinable way" -dollartacos, after I came back from a break | "Is Linkshine our Nixon?" -NAV | "Puddsy is the Puddsy of keebs" -ns90

Offline Rob27shred

• Insane in the Membrane! 👻
« Reply #57 on: Wed, 09 December 2020, 14:06:28 »
This group purchase is limited 10pcs, YouTube&Twitch fans more than 1000, Geek post more than 200 or have other forums post experience priority to buy .

How about no?

Edit: Let me be more eloquent. If you need "influencers" to sell your product for you, then you need to make a better product or advertise it better. I think this kind of elitest, gatekeep-y bull**** of only selling your product to influencers needs to stay far away from this hobby.

I second ThereminGoat's opinion, this is one of the most f'd up ICs I've ever seen on here. >:D

Offline Shinigamii

« Reply #58 on: Wed, 09 December 2020, 14:15:16 »
Glad to see the community reprimand ICs like this, hopefully newer people including me can learn something from all these replies and start to call some others out in a respectful manner (if deserved, not in this case), and learn to avoid giving money/attention to ICs/GBs made in bad faith
« Last Edit: Wed, 09 December 2020, 14:17:20 by Shinigamii »

Offline Rob27shred

• Insane in the Membrane! 👻
« Reply #59 on: Wed, 09 December 2020, 14:19:52 »
This group purchase is limited 10pcs, YouTube&Twitch fans more than 1000, Geek post more than 200 or have other forums post experience priority to buy .

How about no?

Edit: Let me be more eloquent. If you need "influencers" to sell your product for you, then you need to make a better product or advertise it better. I think this kind of elitest, gatekeep-y bull**** of only selling your product to influencers needs to stay far away from this hobby.

Let me say here I 100% back this comment up. Let me tell you why. Let's take a quick look at OP's history in Geekhack.

Show Image

Show Image

It's full of "Nice!" or "I like this" comments. There are however three things that make me shiver.

Exhibit 1

The first one being about an early IC the OP posted, called the KORNO65, which has been deleted leaving everyone in the thread confused. OP's history shows a couple comments there, but I would wager the original post has been lost due to the deletion. My keyboard spider senses start to tingle.

Exhibit 2

Another thing, and this a serious one, is that in this post, he claims:

"Why limited 10pcs?
-   We can't wait to share our product, which has been in the design stage for 14 months from the initial idea
"

Which not only does not answer the question as to why only 10 pieces, I also find weird because not only his account was created earlier than that, but in their comment history (comment n.18 in the above images), they state:

"I have been interested in keyboard diy for a long time, and I finally decided to do something by myself. Now I have set up a  team to design an electrostatic capacitance & mechanical gasket aluminum shell. I hope you will like it"

Which is dated may 19, 2020. Was the electrostatic capacitance project the KORNO? Also you don't know bullocks about what you are saying because an "electrostatic capacitance" does not exist and second because "gasket aluminum shell" sounds like a missile you are launching somewhere. You don't even know this community's jargon, costumes and rituals.

So no OP, you haven't been designing a god-damned thing for 14 months. You basically admitted to started designing in may. So you have been lying to us.

And honestly, who the hell are "we"? Who is your team? How many people are there? Are you designers, engineers, industrial designers (which even the Gater-on can be these days apparently) or just hobbyists? WHO THE F ARE YOU

Exhibit 3

This. The pièce de résistance: "This group purchase is limited 10pcs, YouTube&Twitch fans more than 1000, Geek post more than 200 or have other forums post experience priority to buy". We could understand "we want to make this exclusive" or "since we are new, we want to keep numbers low to learn while keeping quality". But no, you basically said **** you, only 10 pieces, we will proceed to use hype tactics to sell this product which not only tells us you are a douchebag but also points towards the fact you don't trust your product. You might want to clarify the reason for that, but my money is on it's simply not a good product.

The use of "influencers" and "hype" is something that is making this community grow larger and we love that, but that use has its downsides. The most glaring of them being, it's very easy to hype up a horrible product and selling hundreds of it in a single build stream whilst destroying the reputation of a good one that simply didn't attend to the streamer's particular likings -- not to the streamer's fault, but to the audience's that understands a "I would have the top bezel smaller" as a "THIS IS LITERALLY HORRIBLE. DONT BUY THIS". This has a very bad consequence in this hobby because we are losing objectivity in what is a good keyboard or keyset or artisan, and instead we are shaping the hobby more towards "what is prettier and has better hype". This has a double negative effect: on the community side, it has generated a downwards spiral of flipping and over-hyping that has made aftermarket nearly impossible to get into, constraining people into either getting at GB, paying three times the price after they are delivered, or simply enver getting the keyboard they want. What if I don't want to pay 2k USD for a good 65% keyboard? From a designer's perspective, the fact the community is enabling bad designers by buying their objectively bad but hyped keyboards while willing to pay hideous amounts of money in the aftermarket for the very same bad-but-hyped products make good-intentioned and community-invested designers to either stop designing, keep putting out the same stuff over and over, or simply having their interest dwindle. And all of this has made the community overly competitive and toxic because people are frustrated. Also because people are a-holes in the interwebz.

Not only that, your sentence sounds gatekeepy, elitist and we don't want this here. If you want exclusivity for the sake of exclusivity, get the crap out and never come back. We want people to have nice keyboards. Having open-sourced my stuff and tried out of my heart to popularize keyboard design and make it more accessible to aspiring designers, this sentence offends me personally.

Keyboard design is serious business. It is very technical, intricate and takes a lot of practice and skill honing to get right; let alone make a hallmark product. ai03, Upas, Hiney, TGR, all have been designing keyboards for years before landing the products they have. Some of these designers are higher-educated in engineering or computer science and design products this professionally. They order prototypes even before the IC and sometimes revamp the whole thing just because of feedback; take Sagittarius for example. Not only that, many of these designers were beaten out of existence because they at some point slipped with our community. This that you are doing is outright disrespect and we will not take it.

Final thoughts

Don't buy this. This is totally wrong, this post should be re-written and we should combat this mentality that pretty=good.

Show Image

EDITs: corrections and minor addittions

Get 'em Gondo! :thumb:

Offline treeleaf64

• Traveler
    • treeleaf64
« Reply #60 on: Wed, 09 December 2020, 14:23:35 »
Not good
treeleaf64: https://discord.gg/rbUjtsRG6P

This is the cat and pat!!!!!!!!

Offline powwu

• Discord
« Reply #61 on: Wed, 09 December 2020, 14:24:37 »
Not good
You know it's bad when everyone agrees with treeleaf

Offline Slayer77

« Reply #62 on: Wed, 09 December 2020, 14:49:30 »
Not good
Please no bully treeleaf. Hi it's treeleaf!

Sent from my GM1911 using Tapatalk

Offline grundlemere

« Reply #63 on: Wed, 09 December 2020, 14:55:07 »
A worse poast than GMK Holy Panda. Truly a marvel.

Offline futurecrime

• Get Zooted
« Reply #64 on: Wed, 09 December 2020, 15:00:17 »
This is not it

Offline totalemon

• good morning :)
« Reply #65 on: Wed, 09 December 2020, 15:01:47 »
shut down lol

Offline dededecline

• Linktree
« Reply #66 on: Wed, 09 December 2020, 15:03:24 »
How do you manage to out-****post the Pinnacle65 without trying?

Offline treeleaf64

• Traveler
    • treeleaf64
« Reply #67 on: Wed, 09 December 2020, 15:07:05 »
Not good
Please no bully treeleaf. Hi it's treeleaf!

hi my friend from Pune, India. It's a pleasure to meet you

Offline Taeha Types

• Subscribe to me :D
« Reply #68 on: Wed, 09 December 2020, 15:10:42 »
257511-0
Welp I don't have 200 GH posts, and for this reason I'm out.

Offline Gondolindrim

• My GitHub
« Reply #69 on: Wed, 09 December 2020, 15:13:37 »
(Attachment Link)

GTFO scrub

Offline dededecline

• Linktree
« Reply #70 on: Wed, 09 December 2020, 15:13:56 »
(Attachment Link)

clearly you're not a real influencer smh

Offline tephwn

« Reply #71 on: Wed, 09 December 2020, 15:22:18 »
I feel bad you can't buy your own GB

Offline treeleaf64

• Traveler
    • treeleaf64
« Reply #72 on: Wed, 09 December 2020, 15:25:53 »
(Attachment Link)

GTFO scrub

Yeah who is that noob anyway. Taeha Types? Never heard of him. Sounds like one of those keyboard streamers that makes silly typing videos from time to time.

Offline NathanAlphaMan

« Reply #73 on: Wed, 09 December 2020, 15:27:22 »

Only two and a half hours left before we can stop **** posting on GH

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
« Reply #74 on: Wed, 09 December 2020, 15:31:26 »
(Attachment Link)

LMAO I CAN BUY THIS BOARD BUT TAEHA CAN'T

post count is a fake metric

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
« Reply #75 on: Wed, 09 December 2020, 15:31:39 »

Only two and a half hours left before we can stop **** posting on GH

that's what i said in 2016

Offline treeleaf64

• Traveler
    • treeleaf64
« Reply #76 on: Wed, 09 December 2020, 15:32:53 »
(Attachment Link)

All 11647 of them, gone to waste.

Offline NathanAlphaMan

« Reply #77 on: Wed, 09 December 2020, 15:37:04 »
(Attachment Link)

All 11647 of them, gone to waste.

*11648, can't even keep up with him

Offline zian_

« Reply #78 on: Wed, 09 December 2020, 15:58:02 »
"This group purchase is limited 10pcs, YouTube&Twitch fans more than 1000, Geek post more than 200 or have other forums post experience priority to buy ."

Clout chasing and $$$$$.

This hobby has morphed into some bastardized version of streetwear. Thank you for participating in its decline.

Offline holer

« Reply #79 on: Wed, 09 December 2020, 16:00:43 »
A worse poast than GMK Holy Panda. Truly a marvel.

Wait, now i'm courious - tell me more!

Offline HoodrowThrillson

« Reply #80 on: Wed, 09 December 2020, 16:02:55 »
Show Image

If I'm very active in a different forum can I have one

4chan and hentai websites don't count.
Sadly this is from a different forum.

Will they take reddit karma? I got a lot of those.
[Mostly] Retired from Keyboards
Typing on: TKL One - Zealios v1 - 55g TX Springs, TX Films, Lubed with 205g0 - Xiami Beige Cadet + RGB
Collection: IDB60 (gone), Austere (gone), Matrix 1.2og (gone), Matrix 2.0add (gone), RS (so lit), Infinitum (gone), THRILL Proto (destroyed), Matrix 2.0add xmas Starry Night (gone), RS60 (traded), MC65 (traded), Jane v1 CE (gone), GSKT-00 (gone), TKL One Poly (returned), TKL One, RS60, Serenity Proto, Boulevard Proto

Offline HoodrowThrillson

« Reply #81 on: Wed, 09 December 2020, 16:04:38 »
Y'all spacex has a test launch of their rocket today.

Here's a link to the livestream:
[Mostly] Retired from Keyboards
Typing on: TKL One - Zealios v1 - 55g TX Springs, TX Films, Lubed with 205g0 - Xiami Beige Cadet + RGB
Collection: IDB60 (gone), Austere (gone), Matrix 1.2og (gone), Matrix 2.0add (gone), RS (so lit), Infinitum (gone), THRILL Proto (destroyed), Matrix 2.0add xmas Starry Night (gone), RS60 (traded), MC65 (traded), Jane v1 CE (gone), GSKT-00 (gone), TKL One Poly (returned), TKL One, RS60, Serenity Proto, Boulevard Proto

Offline paperassgasket

« Reply #82 on: Wed, 09 December 2020, 16:10:07 »
We just had to have one more 65% this year didn't we?

Anyway OP I think your bar of 200 posts is a little unattainable, but I sure am going to try and meet your standards so I can buy your board.

Offline paperassgasket

« Reply #83 on: Wed, 09 December 2020, 16:10:44 »

Offline Kokaloo

• 🤘(• ω •)🤙
« Reply #84 on: Wed, 09 December 2020, 16:10:54 »
Show Image

If I'm very active in a different forum can I have one

is this where i finally get to flex my gaiaonline

Offline paperassgasket

« Reply #85 on: Wed, 09 December 2020, 16:11:02 »

Offline paperassgasket

« Reply #86 on: Wed, 09 December 2020, 16:11:50 »

nope. Can't do it. Too hard.

GLWIC
« Last Edit: Wed, 09 December 2020, 16:24:22 by paperassgasket »

Offline illusixn

• Formerly illusixn
« Reply #87 on: Wed, 09 December 2020, 16:18:32 »
More

How about no?

Let me say here I 100% back this comment up. Let me tell you why. Let's take a quick look at OP's history in Geekhack.

Show Image

Show Image

It's full of "Nice!" or "I like this" comments. There are however three things that make me shiver.

Exhibit 1

The first one being about an early IC the OP posted, called the KORNO65, which has been deleted leaving everyone in the thread confused. OP's history shows a couple comments there, but I would wager the original post has been lost due to the deletion. My keyboard spider senses start to tingle.

Exhibit 2

Another thing, and this a serious one, is that in this post, he claims:

"Why limited 10pcs?
-   We can't wait to share our product, which has been in the design stage for 14 months from the initial idea
"

Which not only does not answer the question as to why only 10 pieces, I also find weird because not only his account was created earlier than that, but in their comment history (comment n.18 in the above images), they state:

"I have been interested in keyboard diy for a long time, and I finally decided to do something by myself. Now I have set up a  team to design an electrostatic capacitance & mechanical gasket aluminum shell. I hope you will like it"

Which is dated may 19, 2020. Was the electrostatic capacitance project the KORNO? Also you don't know bullocks about what you are saying because an "electrostatic capacitance" does not exist and second because "gasket aluminum shell" sounds like a missile you are launching somewhere. You don't even know this community's jargon, costumes and rituals.

So no OP, you haven't been designing a god-damned thing for 14 months. You basically admitted to started designing in may. So you have been lying to us.

And honestly, who the hell are "we"? Who is your team? How many people are there? Are you designers, engineers, industrial designers (which even the Gater-on can be these days apparently) or just hobbyists? WHO THE F ARE YOU

Exhibit 3

This. The pièce de résistance: "This group purchase is limited 10pcs, YouTube&Twitch fans more than 1000, Geek post more than 200 or have other forums post experience priority to buy". We could understand "we want to make this exclusive" or "since we are new, we want to keep numbers low to learn while keeping quality". But no, you basically said **** you, only 10 pieces, we will proceed to use hype tactics to sell this product which not only tells us you are a douchebag but also points towards the fact you don't trust your product. You might want to clarify the reason for that, but my money is on it's simply not a good product.

The use of "influencers" and "hype" is something that is making this community grow larger and we love that, but that use has its downsides. The most glaring of them being, it's very easy to hype up a horrible product and selling hundreds of it in a single build stream whilst destroying the reputation of a good one that simply didn't attend to the streamer's particular likings -- not to the streamer's fault, but to the audience's that understands a "I would have the top bezel smaller" as a "THIS IS LITERALLY HORRIBLE. DONT BUY THIS". This has a very bad consequence in this hobby because we are losing objectivity in what is a good keyboard or keyset or artisan, and instead we are shaping the hobby more towards "what is prettier and has better hype". This has a double negative effect: on the community side, it has generated a downwards spiral of flipping and over-hyping that has made aftermarket nearly impossible to get into, constraining people into either getting at GB, paying three times the price after they are delivered, or simply enver getting the keyboard they want. What if I don't want to pay 2k USD for a good 65% keyboard? From a designer's perspective, the fact the community is enabling bad designers by buying their objectively bad but hyped keyboards while willing to pay hideous amounts of money in the aftermarket for the very same bad-but-hyped products make good-intentioned and community-invested designers to either stop designing, keep putting out the same stuff over and over, or simply having their interest dwindle. And all of this has made the community overly competitive and toxic because people are frustrated. Also because people are a-holes in the interwebz.

Not only that, your sentence sounds gatekeepy, elitist and we don't want this here. If you want exclusivity for the sake of exclusivity, get the crap out and never come back. We want people to have nice keyboards. Having open-sourced my stuff and tried out of my heart to popularize keyboard design and make it more accessible to aspiring designers, this sentence offends me personally.

Keyboard design is serious business. It is very technical, intricate and takes a lot of practice and skill honing to get right; let alone make a hallmark product. ai03, Upas, Hiney, TGR, all have been designing keyboards for years before landing the products they have. Some of these designers are higher-educated in engineering or computer science and design products this professionally. They order prototypes even before the IC and sometimes revamp the whole thing just because of feedback; take Sagittarius for example. Not only that, many of these designers were beaten out of existence because they at some point slipped with our community. This that you are doing is outright disrespect and we will not take it.

Final thoughts

Don't buy this. This is totally wrong, this post should be re-written and we should combat this mentality that pretty=good.

Show Image

EDITs: corrections and minor addittions

Offline Slayer77

« Reply #88 on: Wed, 09 December 2020, 16:21:59 »
Why hasn't this been deleted yet lol.

Offline NathanAlphaMan

« Reply #89 on: Wed, 09 December 2020, 16:31:23 »

GLWIC

It's okay, just go quote replies and add "nice." in other threads

Offline RexKorp

« Reply #90 on: Wed, 09 December 2020, 16:32:50 »
Gondo went above and beyond in his post but he missed one part, which to me is the funniest part:

Influencers usually don't buy the products they promote (unless they really love the product), you're supposed to pay them/send them the item for free...

You haven't mentioned planning a larger run in the future and you're certainly not building a "brand" so why bother finding 10 influencers to promote the keyboard?
I haven't seen a mention of price but my guess is that it's gonna be ridiculously expensive and the only justification will be "it's limited".

Send it out to whatever "famous" people you're after, run the GB as private or just ****ing raffle out the keyboards.

Offline Atomical

« Reply #91 on: Wed, 09 December 2020, 16:39:41 »
What's even the point of this. BTW why is it even called Cello, it bears no resemblance to one. Every new keyboard that comes out just comes up with a random name between 4-6 letters that sounds fancy lol.

Offline Chippy

• sus chef
« Reply #92 on: Wed, 09 December 2020, 16:43:22 »
So this is what gatekeeping in 2021 is going to look like. Board looks great but yikes.
1.2og | Buddy 6xx | Le Fishe V1 Proto | xyz60 Rev2 | Quartermaster | Chimera65 | Satisfaction75 | Realforce 84u | Zenith Z-150 | Realforce 86u | 378
More
This and the swiss cheese keyboard is the next generation of keyboards

Offline powwu

• Discord
« Reply #93 on: Wed, 09 December 2020, 16:51:58 »

GLWIC

nice.

Offline Sck

• oof
« Reply #94 on: Wed, 09 December 2020, 16:59:09 »
Where's my popcorn?

Offline meowscanttype

• 65 is bad
« Reply #95 on: Wed, 09 December 2020, 17:01:14 »
oh how i wish to be a geekhack influencer

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
« Reply #96 on: Wed, 09 December 2020, 17:03:01 »

GLWIC

oh **** they're onto me

Offline dandruff

[IC] Cello 65% double gasket
« Reply #97 on: Wed, 09 December 2020, 17:05:57 »
This was posted this morning under a different account (30 min before this post). Pretty sure you changed the post to be “11” as the topic and your other username started with N or something. Maybe if you combined both of your accounts, you might reach the 200 posts!

All of my alt accounts have commented on this post already, please consider me eligible.
« Last Edit: Wed, 09 December 2020, 17:08:02 by dandruff »

« Reply #98 on: Wed, 09 December 2020, 17:06:08 »

GLWIC

nice

Offline Hawksmoor

« Reply #99 on: Wed, 09 December 2020, 17:11:33 »