It's okay, just go quote replies and add "nice." in other threads

oh **** they're onto me
nice.

e: page snipe! double nice.

Offline antcrm

Re: [IC] Cello 65% double gasket
« Reply #101 on: Wed, 09 December 2020, 17:16:04 »
(Attachment Link)
Welp I don't have 200 GH posts, and for this reason I'm out.

LMAO I CAN BUY THIS BOARD BUT TAEHA CAN'T

post count is a fake metric
I apologize for the threshold I set, or I can accept the top 10 purchase order, I wonder what you think? I don't respond too much to questions that aren't about the product itself or that he's just looking for an emotional outlet for it, but ultimately I just want to make the best of it

Offline Gondolindrim

• My GitHub
A pessimist will tell you the cup is half empty. An optimist will tell you the cup is half full. An engineer will tell you it's exactly twice the size it needs to be.

Offline antcrm

« Reply #103 on: Wed, 09 December 2020, 17:21:28 »

nope. Can't do it. Too hard.

GLWIC
Sorry again, I set the wrong threshold, I will fix the rules

oh **** they're onto me
nice.

Offline powwu

• Discord
« Reply #104 on: Wed, 09 December 2020, 17:22:25 »

GLWIC
Sorry again, I set the wrong threshold, I will fix the rules

oh **** they're onto me
nice.

tfw just the quote. nice

Offline paperassgasket

« Reply #105 on: Wed, 09 December 2020, 17:24:20 »
This group purchase is limited 10pcs, YouTube&Twitch fans more than 1000, Geek post more than 200 or have other forums post experience priority to buy .

How about no?

Edit: Let me be more eloquent. If you need "influencers" to sell your product for you, then you need to make a better product or advertise it better. I think this kind of elitest, gatekeep-y bull**** of only selling your product to influencers needs to stay far away from this hobby.

wait, wait, wait...
what if OP just wants to be one of the cool kids who are part of the "exclusive elite streamers/GH posters that own the same board" group?

Offline antcrm

« Reply #106 on: Wed, 09 December 2020, 17:35:02 »
Show Image

If I'm very active in a different forum can I have one

GLWIC

oh **** they're onto me
nice.

Yes, I'm sorry that I set a wrong threshold. In fact, My original intention was that I could get more advice from someone with more experience than Me. It was my carelessness

Offline antcrm

« Reply #107 on: Wed, 09 December 2020, 17:43:21 »
(Attachment Link)
Hi Taeha,
Yes,I am very glad to have a conversation with you. Although it seems that I made some mistakes, which made the atmosphere not right. I am a bigl fan of you, and it was only after watching your live dreaming that I became obsessed with customization

Offline ThereminGoat

« Reply #108 on: Wed, 09 December 2020, 17:44:01 »
(Attachment Link)

I apologize for the threshold I set, or I can accept the top 10 purchase order, I wonder what you think? I don't respond too much to questions that aren't about the product itself or that he's just looking for an emotional outlet for it, but ultimately I just want to make the best of it

Are you suggesting a Vickrey?

Offline paperassgasket

« Reply #109 on: Wed, 09 December 2020, 17:44:56 »
Show Image

GLWIC

oh **** they're onto me
nice.

Yes, I'm sorry that I set a wrong threshold. In fact, My original intention was that I could get more advice from someone with more experience than Me. It was my carelessness

wait, so let me get this straight:
You want someone to pay you for a board so that they can give you advice about its design?
How much is that advice worth to you? Maybe just build a prototype and send it to someone who can advise you.

Offline ThereminGoat

« Reply #110 on: Wed, 09 December 2020, 17:51:42 »
(Attachment Link)

Are you suggesting a Vickrey?

Well that was unintentional, but I guess now I'm just ****posting my way to 200 comments. My bad everyone.

Offline antcrm

« Reply #111 on: Wed, 09 December 2020, 17:52:40 »
Show Image

GLWIC

oh **** they're onto me
nice.

You want someone to pay you for a board so that they can give you advice about its design?
How much is that advice worth to you? Maybe just build a prototype and send it to someone who can advise you.
The advice I want to get may only be whether you agree with the case. It would be better if you could give me some advice on layout. In return, the price of this group purchase will be lower, and the goods will be delivered quickly

Offline paperassgasket

« Reply #112 on: Wed, 09 December 2020, 18:00:36 »
Show Image

GLWIC

oh **** they're onto me
nice.

The advice I want to get may only be whether you agree with the case. It would be better if you could give me some advice on layout. In return, the price of this group purchase will be lower, and the goods will be delivered quickly
nice.

Offline antcrm

« Reply #113 on: Wed, 09 December 2020, 18:14:07 »
alright you've convinced me - I'll buy 10.

what am I buying?

Show Image

RIP

Fine... I'll let you have one, but I'm buying the other 9 /s
--
Though undeserved, let's give OP the benefit of the doubt:

1. could you explain the reason(s) for going for a 3D prototype? why not the actual product? is this the first proto?
2. where is the double gasket?
3. what is the thicker mid piece between the plate and the PCB?
4. the weight is PVD coated but it looks brushed in the renders?
5. what makes you think influencers are interested?
6. you mention "us" and "our", so there was a team that worked on this project and agreed it was ready to go to IC phase?
1 I'm only going to do 10 set, so this 10 set is actually protype. In order to ensure quality, first we have done enough structural and functional tests, second we will make about 20 set and then pick the best 10 set from these 20 set. If it doesn't meet our expectations, we will do it again
2 Later, I will update a picture, which seems to be more explanatory. In words, we have also completed the gasket structure under the option of "No plate"
3 Do you mean EVA?
4 Brush first, then transparent PVD plating
5 That was a mistake. I'm sorry
6 We have a whole team that can work on this product
« Last Edit: Wed, 09 December 2020, 18:16:10 by antcrm »

Offline Techlet

« Reply #114 on: Wed, 09 December 2020, 18:50:01 »
1 I'm only going to do 10 set, so this 10 set is actually protype. In order to ensure quality, first we have done enough structural and functional tests, second we will make about 20 set and then pick the best 10 set from these 20 set. If it doesn't meet our expectations, we will do it again

Maybe I'm missing something, seeing as this is clearly not marketed to someone with only 30 posts, but board GBs nowadays don't generally expect customers/influencers to fund the prototypes as if they were the final product.
« Last Edit: Wed, 09 December 2020, 18:52:56 by Techlet »

Offline keeganzero

• huhu
« Reply #115 on: Wed, 09 December 2020, 18:51:38 »
not nice.
Boards: F1-88, R1 KFE, IDB60, Cypher, HHKB Pro 2 Type-S, RF 87UW55, G80-1800, CM QFR

Offline antcrm

« Reply #116 on: Wed, 09 December 2020, 19:05:18 »
I'm sure I'm beating a dead horse here, but:

What makes someone with more than 1000 followers (or more than 200 posts) more worthy than others to own this board? I can almost see the argument 'Someone with more Geekhack posts would likely be more experienced with customs and thus more able to appreciate the nuance of this custom'. I don't agree with this metric, nor that this makes someone more 'worthy' of a board, but I could at least connect the dots.

But having 1000+ followers doesn't... say anything about experience other than that the person is able to produce good content and possibly build hype. There is no benefit (that I can see) to selling this specific board to enthusiasts with more followers. If the purpose is to ensure exposure and therefore sales, there are only 10 units. It was highly likely that your board was going to be bought. The only thing we could achieve is bloating after-market value, to no advantage to you. If the purpose is only for the hype, hype will build as long as the exclusive board feels somewhat attainable, and at 10 units, hype has very little space to build.

I'm not sure what you're trying to achieve.

Agreed, how does # of Geekhack posts gauge experience? I rarely comment here and only recently started doing so, but have been in the hobby for 2 years now...
I'm sorry for the bad experience. I have corrected the relevant purchase rules, and we are also thinking about whether there is a better rule

Offline SpinningHook

• "I can't know how to hear anymore about tables!."
« Reply #117 on: Wed, 09 December 2020, 19:06:31 »
Due to my cynical nature, I can't help but feel like this is another attempt at dry satire within the IC forum. If so, I almost have to applaud it as some next level trolling.
"Brevity is the soul of wit."

Offline RexKorp

« Reply #118 on: Wed, 09 December 2020, 19:27:39 »
Oh buddy... If you need feedback on your keyboard, charging people hundreds of dollars isn't the right way.

Either spam Taehas chat until Zambumon bans you (also works with Blacksimon ;)) or do what everyone else does:

Get an actual prototype done (not some 3D-printed garbage) and contact <insert twitch streamer> with an offer.

Offline hali

• hali.studio
« Reply #119 on: Wed, 09 December 2020, 19:34:52 »
wake me up when the ic is worth sending a "reserved" comment on

Offline commandog

« Reply #120 on: Wed, 09 December 2020, 19:52:49 »

what am I buying?

Show Image

RIP

--

1. could you explain the reason(s) for going for a 3D prototype? why not the actual product? is this the first proto?
6. you mention "us" and "our", so there was a team that worked on this project and agreed it was ready to go to IC phase?
2 Later, I will update a picture, which seems to be more explanatory. In words, we have also completed the gasket structure under the option of "No plate"
3 Do you mean EVA?
It seems like you haven't been in the hobby long enough since your knowledge of how group buys work seems very limited. You and your 'team' need to come up with the money to prototype then run a GB where you recuperate the prototyping costs by factoring it into the price of the board. If you can't cover the cost of prototyping, then you really shouldn't be designing to begin with. The point of GBs is that you are paying for a finished product. This is sounding like the keyboard equivalent of early access.

Offline hpetrovski

• Osum
« Reply #121 on: Wed, 09 December 2020, 19:53:29 »
Uh oh, that's a lot of newspapers. Hope I won't need to comment 'nice' on every single IC to be able to get in on a group-buy in 2021.

Offline antcrm

« Reply #122 on: Wed, 09 December 2020, 19:56:13 »
Oh buddy... If you need feedback on your keyboard, charging people hundreds of dollars isn't the right way.

Either spam Taehas chat until Zambumon bans you (also works with Blacksimon ;)) or do what everyone else does:

Get an actual prototype done (not some 3D-printed garbage) and contact <insert twitch streamer> with an offer.
Hello guys, thanks for the advice, although harassing Taeha doesn't look good

Offline antcrm

« Reply #123 on: Wed, 09 December 2020, 20:00:14 »

what am I buying?

Show Image

RIP

--

3 Do you mean EVA?
It seems like you haven't been in the hobby long enough since your knowledge of how group buys work seems very limited. You and your 'team' need to come up with the money to prototype then run a GB where you recuperate the prototyping costs by factoring it into the price of the board. If you can't cover the cost of prototyping, then you really shouldn't be designing to begin with. The point of GBs is that you are paying for a finished product. This is sounding like the keyboard equivalent of early access.
In fact, the cost we have to pay now may be much higher than that of making a CNC ProType first. Then we will see the demand of the willing party, and we really need it. We can make CNC Protype first, but the delivery time will be extended by about a week

Offline commandog

« Reply #124 on: Wed, 09 December 2020, 20:17:41 »

what am I buying?

Show Image

RIP

--

3 Do you mean EVA?
In fact, the cost we have to pay now may be much higher than that of making a CNC ProType first. Then we will see the demand of the willing party, and we really need it. We can make CNC Protype first, but the delivery time will be extended by about a week
No one wants to pay to test your product. Get the CNC prototype made, and if you want feedback, send it to influencers or whomever. You shouldn't be trying to run a group purchase until the design is finalized.

Offline looneyperson

« Reply #125 on: Wed, 09 December 2020, 20:20:16 »
First impressions don't look too good.
Can I at least know who is this team exactly?
How much experience do they have?
Have some of them worked on other keyboards before?
I do wish you the best OP, hopefully you've learned from this.

Offline Techlet

« Reply #126 on: Wed, 09 December 2020, 20:22:40 »

Hello guys, thanks for the advice, although harassing Taeha doesn't look good

Neither does this IC.

Offline antcrm

« Reply #127 on: Wed, 09 December 2020, 20:23:24 »

what am I buying?

Show Image

RIP

--

3 Do you mean EVA?
No one wants to pay to test your product. Get the CNC prototype made, and if you want feedback, send it to influencers or whomever. You shouldn't be trying to run a group purchase until the design is finalized.
Ok, thanks again for your suggestion, we may make the product directly, and then sell it

Offline gMit

« Reply #128 on: Wed, 09 December 2020, 20:28:13 »
"This group purchase is limited 10pcs,The first 10 people who place an order can get it. Of course, we will refund orders that cannot be shipped."

Do you intend on taking peoples money and only fulfilling 10 orders? Why not accept only 10 orders from the start?

Offline antcrm

« Reply #129 on: Wed, 09 December 2020, 20:30:54 »
"This group purchase is limited 10pcs,The first 10 people who place an order can get it. Of course, we will refund orders that cannot be shipped."

Do you intend on taking peoples money and only fulfilling 10 orders? Why not accept only 10 orders from the start?
Well, ok, or we could set up a link for 10 people only

Offline gMit

« Reply #130 on: Wed, 09 December 2020, 20:33:14 »

I think you should research how other people do group buys for boards or speak to some people in the hobby who can provide some wisdom. It's clear you don't know how to run one 

Offline heyimpanda

« Reply #131 on: Wed, 09 December 2020, 20:41:45 »
this is exactly the kind of thread i needed today

Offline antcrm

« Reply #132 on: Wed, 09 December 2020, 20:43:19 »

I think you should research how other people do group buys for boards or speak to some people in the hobby who can provide some wisdom. It's clear you don't know how to run one
Yes, I am a new member of the group, but there is no lack of ability to design and build. I am going to elaborate on this dual gasket structure, and thank you to all the people who have given me advice. I will not make mistakes twice

Offline steezkeez

« Reply #133 on: Wed, 09 December 2020, 22:27:56 »
who da fook is dat guy (op)

Offline zekkin

• my entire life was unlimited zekk works
« Reply #134 on: Wed, 09 December 2020, 23:32:09 »
I hope mods will leave this thread up as this is a master class in what not to do for IC/GB.

Offline antcrm

« Reply #135 on: Thu, 10 December 2020, 01:07:23 »

what am I buying?

Show Image

RIP

--

3 Do you mean EVA?
Ok, thanks again for your suggestion, we may make the product directly, and then sell it

Offline peaceperfection

« Reply #136 on: Thu, 10 December 2020, 02:57:48 »
Oh man, does that mean I’m not qualified to own my Dalco 959 mini. I don’t have a lot of posts on geekhack or reddit. 😢

Offline ilikerustoo

« Reply #137 on: Thu, 10 December 2020, 07:11:05 »
Darn. I guess my power ranking isn't high enough to buy this board.

Offline 7empest

• ༼ つ ◕ ◕ ༽つ
« Reply #138 on: Thu, 10 December 2020, 07:49:41 »

what am I buying?

Show Image

RIP

--

So what you are saying is, you want other people to pay for your prototypes to be made, and to test the product out FOR you.... this is not a good look.

Why would other people want to take a risk on prototyping a product for someone that could turn out to be crap? It sounds like you should start up a gofundme, or kickstarter campaign or something of the sort, rather than start an interest check asking people to fund your prototypes
« Last Edit: Thu, 10 December 2020, 07:53:03 by 7empest »

Offline Nuclear Nachos

• Anima and Animus
« Reply #139 on: Thu, 10 December 2020, 08:30:44 »
Oh man, does that mean I’m not qualified to own my Dalco 959 mini. I don’t have a lot of posts on geekhack or reddit. 😢
dw ill buy it from you for $4  :D

Offline treeleaf64

• Traveler
    • treeleaf64
« Reply #140 on: Thu, 10 December 2020, 09:50:30 »
dw ill buy it from you for $4  :D

I'll do him one better and pay 3 dollar
treeleaf64: https://discord.gg/rbUjtsRG6P

This is the cat and pat!!!!!!!!

Offline dexie

« Reply #141 on: Thu, 10 December 2020, 10:21:45 »
Damn, that pcb/plate mounting ;D Checking all the boxes, right?
ISO Life

Offline Gondolindrim

• My GitHub
« Reply #142 on: Thu, 10 December 2020, 10:34:30 »
> Complain about the business tactics of an IC while pooping

> Take a shower and go to sleep

> Next day tens of messages of "I agree with you" and "you are my hero" and "true brother, true", master troll puddsy agrees with me (senpai has noticed me) and the post has blown up

> "What have I done"
« Last Edit: Thu, 10 December 2020, 10:39:51 by Gondolindrim »
A pessimist will tell you the cup is half empty. An optimist will tell you the cup is half full. An engineer will tell you it's exactly twice the size it needs to be.

Offline Rob27shred

• Insane in the Membrane! 👻
« Reply #143 on: Thu, 10 December 2020, 10:44:56 »
> Complain about the business tactics of an IC while pooping

> Take a shower and go to sleep

> Next day tens of messages of "I agree with you" and "you are my hero" and "true brother, true", master troll puddsy agrees with me (senpai has noticed me) and the post has blown up

> "What have I done"

What needed to be done, to quote Faith No More "It's a dirty job, but someone's gotta do it"..... :p

Offline Cahuib23

• Coasters & Keyboards
« Reply #144 on: Thu, 10 December 2020, 11:55:12 »
This thread was entertaining...

Offline eczactly

« Reply #145 on: Thu, 10 December 2020, 12:18:47 »
the feels like a rant of methhead hiding in the corner, behind the ice box in the backlot of a gas station.

Offline HoodrowThrillson

« Reply #146 on: Thu, 10 December 2020, 14:22:13 »
What I got out of this is the follow:
10 units, now FCFS
These 10 units are prototypes

Most people ask friends if they want the board and do a private GB first (as a way of testing the manu, the design, etc.) in return they can offer advice or even revisions.

I don't want to assume you don't have friends but anyone remotely interested in this board should definitely not get this.
[Mostly] Retired from Keyboards
Typing on: TKL One - Zealios v1 - 55g TX Springs, TX Films, Lubed with 205g0 - Xiami Beige Cadet + RGB
Collection: IDB60 (gone), Austere (gone), Matrix 1.2og (gone), Matrix 2.0add (gone), RS (so lit), Infinitum (gone), THRILL Proto (destroyed), Matrix 2.0add xmas Starry Night (gone), RS60 (traded), MC65 (traded), Jane v1 CE (gone), GSKT-00 (gone), TKL One Poly (returned), TKL One, RS60, Serenity Proto, Boulevard Proto

Offline HoodrowThrillson

« Reply #147 on: Thu, 10 December 2020, 14:23:07 »
What I got out of this is the follow:
10 units, now FCFS
These 10 units are prototypes

Most people ask friends if they want the board and do a private GB first (as a way of testing the manu, the design, etc.) in return they can offer advice or even revisions.

I don't want to assume you don't have friends but anyone remotely interested in this board should definitely not get this.

Edit: now I don't really design keyboards nor am I going to armchair designer, but you could always get a one off.
[Mostly] Retired from Keyboards
Typing on: TKL One - Zealios v1 - 55g TX Springs, TX Films, Lubed with 205g0 - Xiami Beige Cadet + RGB
Collection: IDB60 (gone), Austere (gone), Matrix 1.2og (gone), Matrix 2.0add (gone), RS (so lit), Infinitum (gone), THRILL Proto (destroyed), Matrix 2.0add xmas Starry Night (gone), RS60 (traded), MC65 (traded), Jane v1 CE (gone), GSKT-00 (gone), TKL One Poly (returned), TKL One, RS60, Serenity Proto, Boulevard Proto

Offline CGreat

« Reply #148 on: Thu, 10 December 2020, 15:33:50 »
Yikes :eek:

Offline ttom

• Formerly tvaro
« Reply #149 on: Thu, 10 December 2020, 18:08:38 »
hi

pls lock
Hoarder Collector and designer

Classifieds