Author Topic: [GB][SHIPPED] Skull Squadron DSA set (aka: Macross)  (Read 1807873 times)

Offline skuko

Re: [GB] Skull Squadron DSA set (aka: Macross)
« Reply #350 on: Fri, 28 February 2014, 06:53:14 »
one thing that bugs me though - enter and the smaller shift keys are bad because the stabilizer stem holes are different.

that "mold" goes right underneath the stem hole

and this is the result

i really hope that this set uses different molds, so the stabilizer stem holes are identical.

Offline ideus

• * Exalted Elder
  • Björkö.
« Reply #351 on: Fri, 28 February 2014, 07:38:36 »
Skuko, our quality engineer reported on a problem that will need to be fixed on a mold. And the pimp site is not available now, please check that out.

Offline Matt3o

• -[°_°]-
  • ** Robot Emeritus
« Reply #352 on: Fri, 28 February 2014, 08:08:54 »
skuko, I'm not sure I understand the problem. Is the stab not going all the way down into the stem?

Offline skuko

« Reply #353 on: Fri, 28 February 2014, 09:25:54 »
skuko, I'm not sure I understand the problem. Is the stab not going all the way down into the stem?
Yeah, due to the mold going through the stem hole base, the hole is about 1mm shorter and the stem doesn't go down all the way. I know I could cut the stem, but I don't want to in case I'm going to reuse it.

I've been told that the dsa hyper fuse has the same issue. It's not a game breaker, but I'm ocd like that :-)

Offline Matt3o

• -[°_°]-
  • ** Robot Emeritus
« Reply #354 on: Fri, 28 February 2014, 09:30:14 »
Yeah, due to the mold going through the stem hole base, the hole is about 1mm shorter and the stem doesn't go down all the way. I know I could cut the stem, but I don't want to in case I'm going to reuse it.

I've been told that the dsa hyper fuse has the same issue. It's not a game breaker, but I'm ocd like that :-)

honestly I don't have that problem with DSA retro, or at least I never noticed it...

Offline skuko

« Reply #355 on: Fri, 28 February 2014, 10:42:38 »

honestly I don't have that problem with DSA retro, or at least I never noticed it...
just out of curiosity, can you take photo of the ANSI enter and left shift keys from under the key? like the first one i took.

Offline Matt3o

• -[°_°]-
  • ** Robot Emeritus
« Reply #356 on: Fri, 28 February 2014, 10:51:46 »
oh okay I see the "problem" now. The double shot creates a little step underneath the stem.

Honestly, this is really not a problem, and if you really wanted to you could file it a little.

Offline skuko

« Reply #357 on: Fri, 28 February 2014, 11:17:06 »
the stab hole itself is the same height as the others, it's just the stem is on top of the double shot mold, so it leaves too little space for the stabilizer insert. the only way i see around this is either a different mold, or cutting off the end of the stabilizer insert to fit it in.

i wonder whether this is an oversight is the molding process, or intended.

Offline ideus

• * Exalted Elder
  • Björkö.
« Reply #358 on: Sat, 01 March 2014, 13:17:14 »
Any more love for this nice set? It is so close.

Offline Elrick

• Hype Master
  • Keyboard Orgasmist
« Reply #359 on: Sat, 01 March 2014, 17:40:47 »
Any more love for this nice set? It is so close.

There would be heaps but I still keep getting "West Midlands" in my place of address.  First off there is no "West Midlands" in Australia.  Just can not go to paypal with a dodgey address which they will see as an agreement from me.  I won't give that approval just in case SP decides to adhere to that address and later when or if doing a call-back, they say it's what they received from me as an official address.

Just won't fall into that Catch-22 they've created.......  :p :p :p :p

Offline ideus

• * Exalted Elder
  • Björkö.
« Reply #360 on: Sat, 01 March 2014, 19:01:54 »
I just hope the solution SP is suppose to be working on be applied to the site functionality before the dead line for the GB, otherwise Matt could push it forward to allow the interested fellows to set orders after the state issue has been worked out.

Offline Elrick

• Hype Master
  • Keyboard Orgasmist
« Reply #361 on: Sat, 01 March 2014, 19:40:08 »
I just hope the solution SP is suppose to be working on be applied to the site functionality before the dead line for the GB, otherwise Matt could push it forward to allow the interested fellows to set orders after the state issue has been worked out.

Yeah I hope so too.  8 days left on this Group Buy and it's either going to be tight or the numbers fall through. 

The postal system in certain countries are very specific about addressing and they won't guess where to send a package (it doesn't exist).  They would sit on any package for months and eventually it will be sent back to the sender to re-send the package due to the addressing failure.  That's how Australia Post functions under current International Standards regarding shipping/delivery.

Offline submarinedog

« Reply #362 on: Sat, 01 March 2014, 20:21:49 »

Yeah I hope so too.  8 days left on this Group Buy and it's either going to be tight or the numbers fall through. 

The postal system in certain countries are very specific about addressing and they won't guess where to send a package (it doesn't exist).  They would sit on any package for months and eventually it will be sent back to the sender to re-send the package due to the addressing failure.  That's how Australia Post functions under current International Standards regarding shipping/delivery.

I agree. This is currently the thing that's stopping me at the moment from going ahead with the purchase (trust me, I really want to). Although SP have said they will fix it later on, I believe we should not be the ones accepting the mistake and dropping money in on this. What if SP makes a mistake later on and forgets to fix up the address on an order? The customer would be left with money out of the pocket and dealing back and forth with SP and the postal service to track the package etc., which could potentially be a long on-going basis.

I've dealt with Australia post here and it's not pleasant, they are very lazy and don't really give much care to the situation. Ideally I'd like to not go through something like this again, should it happen.

I am sure there are others that are eyeing on this group buy, but are hesitant on providing an "incorrect" postal address especially when this keyset has been advertised through other channels and won't know about SP fixing the mistake. My suggestion would to either fix the problem as soon as possible (I know SP are figuring this out now), or if it's not going to be fixed before the group buy ends, perhaps extend it a little longer? I for one definitely wouldn't mind waiting a little longer for the group buy to end if it means the transactions will go through smoothly.

That's my 2 cents.

Offline ideus

• * Exalted Elder
  • Björkö.
« Reply #363 on: Sat, 01 March 2014, 20:30:24 »
I suppose Excessive and SPLady are not reading the board today. They don't work on weekends.  ;)

Offline Excessive

• Signature Plastics
« Reply #364 on: Sat, 01 March 2014, 20:37:44 »
I suppose Excessive and SPLady are not reading the board today. They don't work on weekends.  ;)

Nope I pretty much work every day  :'(

I'm hoping to have a update ready that will resolve this issue either monday or tuesday. 

If you helps we are more than open to extending the deadline. We would just need to know if that is what Matteo wanted to do. 

Offline ideus

• * Exalted Elder
  • Björkö.
« Reply #365 on: Sat, 01 March 2014, 21:45:59 »

I'm hoping to have a update ready that will resolve this issue either monday or tuesday. 

If you helps we are more than open to extending the deadline. We would just need to know if that is what Matteo wanted to do.

Ops! sorry, but glad you are working this hard  ;). Lets see what Matt says on the date line thing.

Offline Matt3o

• -[°_°]-
  • ** Robot Emeritus
« Reply #366 on: Sun, 02 March 2014, 01:04:30 »

I see no harm at extending it by few days if needed.

Offline LechnerDE

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #367 on: Sun, 02 March 2014, 02:50:44 »

Thanks for answering our questions on the weekend!

I can see why the address issue is stopping others to place an order, but I don't think it's a major problem. I placed my order stating I am from "Hawaii" which is obviously not in Germany.

Since there are only a handful of international orders I am convinced SP will check all of them manually anyway...

Offline Elrick

• Hype Master
  • Keyboard Orgasmist
« Reply #368 on: Sun, 02 March 2014, 04:55:41 »
Since there are only a handful of international orders I am convinced SP will check all of them manually anyway...

Relying on ONLY guessing that THEY, will sort everything out in regards to distribution, isn't how you run a registered business anywhere on this planet.  If we operated the same way as SP, guess what, we get shafted the bill for the wrong address and it's depending on what we send out to each customer.  The bigger the item (several tonnes) and it gets sent to the wrong address we the company get the complaint and bill to re-forward the item to it's correct location.

Last year one moron stuffed us up for $79,000AUD in shipping because the item got sent to the wrong address.  Of course that moron got sacked for his lack of foresight.  Never rely on some stranger to 'hopefully' sort out a mess because it's the customer that loses out and they will never order anything from you again.  Plus you help garner the reputation of an unreliable business, incapable of doing the simple task of shipping anything to anywhere, which will hurt later on.
« Last Edit: Sun, 02 March 2014, 05:03:15 by Elrick »

Offline LechnerDE

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #369 on: Sun, 02 March 2014, 05:53:32 »
We are talking about a 50$ purchase here...

SP has already invested too much ressources to setup the GB website and everything that they can't afford to screw up the very first GB. This doesn't mean it can't happen, but I am giving them the benifit of the doubt.

But I agree with you that you shouldn't trust anybody in the business world if more money is on the line.

Offline ideus

• * Exalted Elder
  • Björkö.
« Reply #370 on: Sun, 02 March 2014, 08:48:31 »
Somebody else has ordered. Only 21 to tip.

Offline JayKthnx

« Reply #371 on: Sun, 02 March 2014, 09:02:50 »
elrick, if sp has managed to continually and successfully send 100+ sets plus modifiers sets, iso kits etc. to the various joe and jane blows across the world that organize group buys all on their own, why would they be suddenly incapable of sending single and double sets to individuals around the planet? if they've been correctly selling and shipping keycap sets sold in their marketplace for several years to individual end users, why would they have difficulty to do the same now with fresh custom sets? I understand you're very adamant about being able to input accurate shipping info, but you're simply beating a dead horse and being belligerent every chance you get. to make it worse, you're doing so not only on this thread but many others as well including group buys with nothing to do with pmk.com. I was never a sp fanboy either. I'm excited for this keyset regardless of who makes it. I'm simply tired of reading your incessant badgering and wish you to live and let live. Please, either buy the set and be happy with your purchase, buy a set via proxy and be happy with your purchase and better guarantee of shipping accuracy, or don't buy the set and stop harassing everyone interested in it just because it's being sold through a new storefront.

Offline Rewind

• Street Fighter
  • Drive slow, homie
« Reply #372 on: Sun, 02 March 2014, 09:42:57 »
I just placed my order that will be shipped to the Netherlands.

As for the state: Armed Forces - Europe.

Let's hope the post guys will find my mailbox :)

Offline ideus

• * Exalted Elder
  • Björkö.
« Reply #373 on: Sun, 02 March 2014, 09:52:13 »
Now 20 to tip.

Offline Rynji

« Reply #374 on: Sun, 02 March 2014, 12:39:32 »
I just placed my order that will be shipped to the Netherlands.

As for the state: Armed Forces - Europe.

Let's hope the post guys will find my mailbox :)
Mine will also be shipped to the Netherlands, i hope they add an option to leave "State" blank before the group buy ends.

Offline ideus

• * Exalted Elder
  • Björkö.
« Reply #375 on: Mon, 03 March 2014, 08:16:42 »
Now only 19 to tip. It is very close now.

Offline Elrick

• Hype Master
  • Keyboard Orgasmist
« Reply #376 on: Mon, 03 March 2014, 17:49:39 »

This is just a suggestion to Excessive here (so the fanboys don't get excited here) why don't you change the "State" section from a pull-down menu into a simple "Text-box" like the other sections - ie., First Name, Last Name, Street Address and City ?

It shows you can make it that way so why not change it ?

Offline Excessive

• Signature Plastics
« Reply #377 on: Mon, 03 March 2014, 19:42:12 »

This is just a suggestion to Excessive here (so the fanboys don't get excited here) why don't you change the "State" section from a pull-down menu into a simple "Text-box" like the other sections - ie., First Name, Last Name, Street Address and City ?

We thought about that but it won't work because paypal needs us to submit the state in a very specific format. If people were typing different version, for example WA instead of Washington than Paypal would reject the payment.

With that said, we literally just pushed an update that fixes this problem. It has states for all the countries that paypal requires, and offers the text box option for those countries that paypal doesn't require.

BTW Australia states are included in the list now. I'm hoping that means we'll see an order from you too Elrick.  :D ;D

Offline submarinedog

« Reply #378 on: Mon, 03 March 2014, 20:44:02 »
Well, this is excellent news. Thank you Excessive for the prompt fix on this.

I've just submitted my order through! Order #2871.

Now the waiting game.. :)

Offline ideus

• * Exalted Elder
  • Björkö.
« Reply #379 on: Mon, 03 March 2014, 21:01:35 »
Now 18 sets to tip. ;)

Offline stoic-lemon

« Reply #380 on: Mon, 03 March 2014, 22:37:53 »
Excellent news for worry warts everywhere ;)

I've a feeling the last few sets will take forever to clear.

Offline ideus

• * Exalted Elder
  • Björkö.
« Reply #381 on: Tue, 04 March 2014, 02:03:56 »
17 -> tip

Offline pasph

« Reply #382 on: Tue, 04 March 2014, 02:48:04 »

We thought about that but it won't work because paypal needs us to submit the state in a very specific format. If people were typing different version, for example WA instead of Washington than Paypal would reject the payment.

With that said, we literally just pushed an update that fixes this problem. It has states for all the countries that paypal requires, and offers the text box option for those countries that paypal doesn't require.

BTW Australia states are included in the list now. I'm hoping that means we'll see an order from you too Elrick.  :D ;D

Still no states and no text box for Italy, but at least i can blank it
"There is more stupidity than hydrogen in the universe, and it has a longer shelf life"

Offline Elrick

• Hype Master
  • Keyboard Orgasmist
« Reply #383 on: Wed, 05 March 2014, 00:22:21 »
I suppose this question is for the guys running this Group Buy (SP) and I wanted to know from you, how do you get that elusive $15.00USD shipping rate you keep mentioning on here (will it still apply to us here in Australia)?

When I try to go through Paypal's payment I get the standard $51.00USD hit in shipping but no mention of $15.00USD anywhere.  You do know once you go through Paypal you get hit with the complete payment amount?

Please advise what I have to do to get that $15.00USD shipping rate.  This is a question for SP staff and not fanboys waving their flags for whatever reason.

Offline submarinedog

« Reply #384 on: Wed, 05 March 2014, 01:52:22 »
Strange, I got charged $18 shipped to Australia.. still not $15 I guess.

Offline Elrick

• Hype Master
  • Keyboard Orgasmist
« Reply #385 on: Wed, 05 March 2014, 02:01:48 »
Strange, I got charged $18 shipped to Australia.. still not $15 I guess.

Geez, I wouldn't mind getting that shipping charge  :o .  Maybe because I was asking too many questions here that I finally got the rogering via shipping for my efforts, ah well, that's what I do.

Offline bianco

« Reply #386 on: Wed, 05 March 2014, 02:03:29 »
well.. i got charged $10 for shipping to my proxy in portland...
sent an email with the query as i didn't get to select the shipping method... but sadly, no response.

Offline Elrick

• Hype Master
  • Keyboard Orgasmist
« Reply #387 on: Wed, 05 March 2014, 02:06:19 »
well.. i got charged $10 for shipping to my proxy in portland...
sent an email with the query as i didn't get to select the shipping method... but sadly, no response.

I sent an email earlier today but got no response relating to the shipping charge.  Maybe I ordered too many key-sets, would that be the problem?

Maybe the $15.00 shipping only applies to one key-set only...... who knows......  :-\

Offline bianco

« Reply #388 on: Wed, 05 March 2014, 02:18:29 »
I sent an email earlier today but got no response relating to the shipping charge.  Maybe I ordered too many key-sets, would that be the problem?

Maybe the $15.00 shipping only applies to one key-set only...... who knows......  :-\

i ordered: base set, numpad, black stripe, and the additional mods.
i sent the email last february 27  :-X

Offline Matt3o

• -[°_°]-
  • ** Robot Emeritus
« Reply #389 on: Wed, 05 March 2014, 02:37:33 »
4 days to go!

Offline Elrick

• Hype Master
  • Keyboard Orgasmist
« Reply #390 on: Wed, 05 March 2014, 03:46:52 »
Yep as soon as I empty all my selections and go back to "0" and start afresh with "1" keyset I get $15.00 shipping but when I add another keyset it goes to $30.00 shipping.  And the more key-set extras I select it then rises back up to $50.00 again.

I see, this has been done especially for me, thank you SP.  Much appreciated here.  Everyone gets the "special" discount of a flat $15.00USD but me.  Now the issue here isn't that I can afford paying the $50.00 but whether I'll let you get away with this type of hypocrisy.

I know the fanboys will be up in arms but frankly I'm sick of this type of behaviour being burnished about.  As soon as someone asks the uncomfortable questions here everyone pretends it isn't happening.  Now I know how it feels to be a minority within your country, definitely not nice  >:( .

Offline stoic-lemon

« Reply #391 on: Wed, 05 March 2014, 04:07:56 »
Are you saying that they have singled you out specifically for excessive shipping charges?

Offline skuko

« Reply #392 on: Wed, 05 March 2014, 04:10:15 »
can you list what exactly are you trying to order?

Offline Elrick

• Hype Master
  • Keyboard Orgasmist
« Reply #393 on: Wed, 05 March 2014, 04:10:54 »
Are you saying that they have singled you out specifically for excessive shipping charges?

Yes, it's so unfair that everyone here gets the 'special' $15.00 treatment, but not me?  What gives? 

Offline Elrick

• Hype Master
  • Keyboard Orgasmist
« Reply #394 on: Wed, 05 March 2014, 04:16:54 »
can you list what exactly are you trying to order?

Okay, I bought "3" Key-sets, plus "2" Black stripes, plus "3" Skull Squadrons additional mods plus "4" 6u spacebars and "4" 7u spacebars.  That's all, nothing else.

So does that mean I get fooked for $50.00USD shipping on all this instead of the standard $15.00 being offered by SP?

Offline Matt3o

• -[°_°]-
  • ** Robot Emeritus
« Reply #395 on: Wed, 05 March 2014, 04:22:46 »
I believe $15 is per "base set". If you order two base sets you pay $15 each ($30 that is less than 1 medium box). With 3 base sets you get a medium box hence the $50 (note, this is just my guessing).

I don't understand why you say that's just for you. Anyone with more than 1 base set gets that pricing. It might be unfair, but I just received a keyset from SP and in the small box you really can't fit more than 1 base set and a few extras.

Offline Elrick

• Hype Master
  • Keyboard Orgasmist
« Reply #396 on: Wed, 05 March 2014, 04:28:24 »
I believe $15 is per "base set". If you order two base sets you pay $15 each ($30 that is less than 1 medium box). With 3 base sets you get a medium box hence the $50 (note, this is just my guessing).

I don't understand why you say that's just for you. Anyone with more than 1 base set gets that pricing. It might be unfair, but I just received a keyset from SP and in the small box you really can't fit more than 1 base set and a few extras.

SH1T.  Okay, wait on, I thought it was $15 regardless to how much you could buy.  So now it's all the same postage just like in our normal Group Buys.  Hence why didn't they label it that way?  My mistake I guess thinking I can order so much and get a discount in shipping which now won't ever happen.

So everyone on here has only bought just one key-set hence they will only pay $15.00 MAX?

Offline Elrick

• Hype Master
  • Keyboard Orgasmist
« Reply #397 on: Wed, 05 March 2014, 04:39:24 »
Okay done it.  Put through my order hence we'll see what happens next here.

Not to excited going through this system but the money has been paid hence now we all wait to see how it turns out.  I now don't believe in anything until I get my key-sets delivered to my front door.

This is where SP either excels with it's latest venture or it collapses........  I'm only doing this because matt3o recommends them hence I'm here and it's worth trying out something new so that I can post any positive or negative experiences relating to this type of Group Buy.
« Last Edit: Wed, 05 March 2014, 04:41:01 by Elrick »

Offline LechnerDE

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #398 on: Wed, 05 March 2014, 04:42:11 »
Elrick,

have you really paid already or did just approve a payment?

I ordered a set a couple of days ago and no money was transfered yet...

Offline Elrick

• Hype Master
  • Keyboard Orgasmist
« Reply #399 on: Wed, 05 March 2014, 04:45:01 »
Elrick,

have you really paid already or did just approve a payment?

Just went through Paypal as usual and ended back onto SP's webpage showing me my order number and amount paid for each items.  That was it.

To me it's like all the same purchases I've done with paypal in the past, nothing unusual.  Was something extra suppose to happen?