Author Topic: Does anyone have an STL file of an AT101w mounting plate? Project advice too  (Read 1044 times)

Offline matt-taco

So I'm leading a team to create an orange alps keyboard for my computer science teacher, of which I've had for 4 years. The plans to use an AT101w pcb with a custom metal case and mounting plate (CNC) out of either zinc or steel and finish it off with a a powder coat of either dark black or a really dark grey and tai hao doubleshots. That's a short explanation of the plan. I have everything bought but the metal parts and the powder gun and powder. I may have to buy new stabilizers for the new case, but I'm thinking of making new holders for the stabilizers on the plate via 3d printer, but then again I have no experience with stabilizers. One last side note, the case, pcb and all that are going to have 3d printed inserts, fittings and all that to mount everything. Still working on design, but I got like 12 people on board and at least 5 have proper tech and engineering capabilities.

The main question, has anybody made an STL file of an AT101 mounting plate? Or does anyone know of any scanning applications through picture or whatever that do good job of proper scaling? I don't want to delegate work if it is unnecessary.

sorry if this is a little incoherent, quickly typing this so I can get back to re-tacting orange alps.
« Last Edit: Tue, 12 December 2017, 14:23:27 by matt-taco »