Author Topic: [SPRiT] MX ALPS Springs/ LSS Lube/ Stabilizers/ Cherry RGB Clear (CLOSED!!!!!!!)  (Read 1286166 times)

Offline sprit

•  Post Editing Timeout
  • Location: The Geek Symphosion :::::: Mechanical Engineering ::: Alta Magna Uniforma :::::: 哀吾生之須臾羨長江之無窮 ::
It seems like you will be manufacturing the springs yourself in Korea. How are you manufacturing these springs especially with the large orders?
Hello!  I don't do any coiling or painting jobs at all   :D

I just visit the spring factory known each other for years, sip some tea, chat...
and then go to the jewelry factory, sip, talk....  asking them  "DO NOT Steal My Precious!!!!,  or I will Kill You~~~~~   >:D
« Last Edit: Wed, 13 May 2015, 07:48:45 by sprit »

Offline Photoelectric

• * Administrator
I just visit the spring factory known each other for years, sip some tea, chat...
and then go to the jewelry factory, sip, talk....  asking them  "DO NOT Steal My Precious!!!!,  or I will Kill You~~~~~   >:D

You must be quite a character to have a teatime conversation with  ;)
- Keyboards: LZ-GH (Jailhouse Blues)M65-a, MIRA SE, E8-V1, MOON TKL, CA66
- Keyboard Case Painting Tips -
- Join Mechanical Keyboards photography group on Flickr -

Offline mashby

• ** Moderator Emeritus
  • What Up Shoney? (ツ)_/¯
    • Mashby
How did I not see this lube station earlier? #instabuy

Offline sprit

•  Post Editing Timeout
  • Location: The Geek Symphosion :::::: Mechanical Engineering ::: Alta Magna Uniforma :::::: 哀吾生之須臾羨長江之無窮 ::
How did I not see this lube station earlier? #instabuy

mashby!  You seem been busy.  This is LSS Lube station    ;) 

100641-0  100643-1  100645-2
« Last Edit: Thu, 14 May 2015, 07:03:07 by sprit »

Offline StinkyTheDonut

• I like rubber domes.
Will 50g or 55g work on blues or are they too weak make them stick?

Also, if gold plating makes stabs smoother, with there ever be gold costar wires? :p

BIG Respect for Your points !    ;)

-  My 50g and 55g work Very fine with MX Blues!   but naturally the Clicky sound gets softer!  Some prefer this.

-  It's NOT because the Gold,  because the Wire itself is smoothly polished, and plated even smoother with Au metal particles.
    We can plate with Copper, Zinc, Ferrite, Rhodium, Chrome, etc.    ::) ::)
Well, I think costar style wires deserve a chance to be smooth and beautiful too  ;)
Maybe you could start an IC for it even if you have no plans to make it lol
I only have a washable keyboard.

Offline calmfries

• Formerly CalvinXC
  • Broke af
More GPU for more pew pew pew.

Show Image

More GPU for more pew pew pew.

Show Image

omg you bastard what version is that!!!! So sweet Lastpilot you must be really stoked. I've been waiting for the amd r9 390-390x to drop but I might cave for the 980ti when it drops. Which is a stripped down model of that which I believe is the Titan X,,,,,,hell even if it was the regular Titan those still have amazing rendering power. So jelly LP that is the single most powerful GPU available to consumers currently as I'm sure you know :eek:

Will 50g or 55g work on blues or are they too weak make them stick?

Also, if gold plating makes stabs smoother, with there ever be gold costar wires? :p

BIG Respect for Your points !    ;)

-  My 50g and 55g work Very fine with MX Blues!   but naturally the Clicky sound gets softer!  Some prefer this.

-  It's NOT because the Gold,  because the Wire itself is smoothly polished, and plated even smoother with Au metal particles.
    We can plate with Copper, Zinc, Ferrite, Rhodium, Chrome, etc.    ::) ::)
Well, I think costar style wires deserve a chance to be smooth and beautiful too  ;)
Maybe you could start an IC for it even if you have no plans to make it lol
I think because costar stab wires got more bends, thus harder to make?
B87 | TGR 910 CE

Offline sprit

•  Post Editing Timeout

Yes, definitely need better bending machine.  No idea how many prefer costar stabs, But new things are always interesting, aren't they?   :)
When I got time in June,  I might do an IC.    ::)

Offline CommonCurt

• One of the cool kids
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • 🍒 Beige or Bust
    • My Flickr Page

Yes, definitely need better bending machine.  No idea how many prefer costar stabs, But new things are always interesting, aren't they?   :)

Just want to say that I would get some Gold plated Costar stabilizer, and Cherry plate mount spacebar wires.
Some of Ye ole  Keyboards -->
More
OTD Koala:  62g Old MX-Blacks   |   LZ-GH V2:  MX-?62g   |   KMAC2:   62g Tactile MX-Greys   |   LZ CLS s:   62g Vintage MX-Blacks   |   X60:   62g Vintage MX-Blacks   |   GON NerD 60:  62g Old MX-Clears   |   Filco MJ2 (Beige) TKL's:  62g MX-Clears  &   62g Vintage MX-Blacks   |   IBM '91 SSK

WTB/WTS/WTT ---->
More

Offline calmfries

• Formerly CalvinXC
  • Broke af

Glad to hear Sprit willing to experiment new stuff.. :D
B87 | TGR 910 CE

Offline strict

• TKL Zealot
Gold plated Costar wires would be insta-buy for me. Even more so if 7x were an option!

Realforce EK45 (Silenced)  |  Realforce 87UW (45g)  |  Realforce 87UWS (Variable)
Filco MJ2 TKL (Cherry Clears)  |  Phantom 87 (78g Gateron Clears)  |  Phantom 86 (67g Zealios)

Offline sprit

•  Post Editing Timeout
Gold plated Costar wires would be insta-buy for me. Even more so if 7x were an option!

I was thinkin'   6u wires too,   my Reuter board has 6u costar space bar.
Nice & flawless Stainless ones first (Wires 1set will be $2~$3 ?),  then some plated ones will be OK?   ::)
« Last Edit: Thu, 14 May 2015, 09:14:12 by sprit »

Offline sprit

•  Post Editing Timeout
PCB / Plate mount MX Stabilizers  added in the Order Form   :)

Offline CommonCurt

• One of the cool kids
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • 🍒 Beige or Bust
    • My Flickr Page
PCB / Plate mount MX Stabilizers  added in the Order Form   :)

Sprit,

So you can already get Gold plate mount spacebar wires ?
« Last Edit: Fri, 15 May 2015, 19:35:34 by CommonCurt »
Some of Ye ole  Keyboards -->
More
OTD Koala:  62g Old MX-Blacks   |   LZ-GH V2:  MX-?62g   |   KMAC2:   62g Tactile MX-Greys   |   LZ CLS s:   62g Vintage MX-Blacks   |   X60:   62g Vintage MX-Blacks   |   GON NerD 60:  62g Old MX-Clears   |   Filco MJ2 (Beige) TKL's:  62g MX-Clears  &   62g Vintage MX-Blacks   |   IBM '91 SSK

WTB/WTS/WTT ---->
More

Offline Eszett

• Supporting the communities Geekhack & Deskthority
Question: what exactly is a "LSS lube station"?

Offline sprit

•  Post Editing Timeout
Question: what exactly is a "LSS lube station"?
Hello!  Eszett!    Wie geht es?

LSS (Lube Spring Swap)  Station 
It's just a simple stuff to play with  ;)
« Last Edit: Thu, 14 May 2015, 23:10:39 by sprit »

Offline Eszett

Hi sprit! Ich freue mich über dein Deutsch == I'm glad you speak a few words of German.
So, if I understand you right, the LSS station is basically a scaffold to put some switches on it for lubing, right? To use a metaphor: Like a painter uses an easel, a luber may use a LSS station.

BTW: Are you still busy with shipping work? As soon as you'll have some spare time, I would like to order some 65g springs from you.
« Last Edit: Thu, 14 May 2015, 23:24:28 by Eszett »

Offline sprit

•  Post Editing Timeout
LSS Station    :   A Painting Easel,  Designed for 

-  LSS (Lube Spring Swap) Station
-  Easy to Align the switches on each position same as as on the target board  (Visual match = WYSIWYG)
-  Easy to align the springs on uniformal direction  (Springs have cut directions on ends, affects it's movements, squeaks)
-  Easy to Swap & Lube springs and switches, to apply even amount of oils overall
-  Easy to Verify the lube result with caps on the spot, on a simulated LSS plate
-  How to use LSS ?  -  Remove Switch Top  >  Put it into a LSS hole  >  Spring Swap  > Lube >  Top on  >  Live Test, etc

-  Order   >    Mod note: order link removed due to sprit being MIA.  Order from him at your own risk!    * Some Out-of-Cherry-spec Clone switches may not fit properly,  Cherry OG, Cherry RGB, most of Kailhs are very OK.

100747-0   100749-1   
Assemble Guide   https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=60887.msg1488528#msg1488528

Lube Guide          https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=55888.msg1299429#msg1299429

LSS Station - How to remove SWs
102304-2 
« Last Edit: Tue, 24 January 2017, 17:45:25 by Moderation Team »

Offline sprit

•  Post Editing Timeout
Yeah, Extra Springs are in Stock,  Order & Insta Shipping.   ;) 

Offline Prelim

-  Easy align the springs on uniformal direction  (Springs have directions on ends, affects it's movements, squeaks.

I didn't understood this... springs have marks to place it in a right positon? @@
2x GH60 revC - lubed Linjärs 65g / lubed H1s 65g with SPRIT 5mm acrylic plate | Dolch PAC - Cherry housing / Gateron sliders 65g and QMK clips | Raptor K1 G80-1890 stock 
Floating on Cherry/GMK caps - White on Black, Classic Beige, Dolch, Olivetti, Alcatel MMK, Hellgrau

Offline sprit

•  Post Editing Timeout
-  Easy align the springs on uniformal direction  (Springs have directions on ends, affects it's movements, squeaks)

100880-0     100882-1 

Offline Prelim

-  Easy align the springs on uniformal direction  (Springs have directions on ends, affects it's movements, squeaks)

(Attachment Link)       (Attachment Link)

soz for being such a noob, but I'm still confused. can't I place the springs in every direction? top and bottom isn't the same?!
2x GH60 revC - lubed Linjärs 65g / lubed H1s 65g with SPRIT 5mm acrylic plate | Dolch PAC - Cherry housing / Gateron sliders 65g and QMK clips | Raptor K1 G80-1890 stock 
Floating on Cherry/GMK caps - White on Black, Classic Beige, Dolch, Olivetti, Alcatel MMK, Hellgrau

Offline sprit

•  Post Editing Timeout
Yes!  You are right !  :thumb:
You can place the springs any direction, but uniformal way seem get better result. 
if there is a squeak, you can change the direction a bit by 90 degrees.   :)

Offline Prelim

180º you meant :p
but can we distinguish top from bottom in the springs? I don't have my 65g near me, but I will check them later ;)

Offline sethk_

• Grand Master Wizard Pizza
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • www.kbdhub.com
    • My webstore
but can we distinguish top from bottom in the springs? I don't have my 65g near me, but I will check them later ;)
He means rotating them, not flipping them

Offline sprit

•  Post Editing Timeout

Oh!  You are a scientist!   :o    :o
Yes!  There is No top and bottom with my springs.  No need to worry about that.

I mean turn it 90º degrees when You have a squeak, scrachy or some uncomfortable feeling.
I usually align all the spring's cut ends  to 12 o'clock direction.  if some has problem, turn it by 60-90 degrees until it gets best point. 
100890-0    100892-1  Pic : by Oatburner
« Last Edit: Sat, 16 May 2015, 11:21:35 by sprit »

Offline sprit

•  Post Editing Timeout
In Anglish, it's rotating, Not turning?   ::) ::) 

I got late dinner with my famili. 

Offline sethk_

• Grand Master Wizard Pizza
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • www.kbdhub.com
    • My webstore
In Anglish, it's rotating, Not turning?   ::) ::) 

I got late dinner with my famili.
It does as well, I think he misunderstood what you meant though, as in though you needed to flip the springs, thinking there is a designated top and bottom

Offline Prelim

yes I misunderstood @SPRiT! that's 90º, not 180º ;)

Offline StinkyTheDonut

• I like rubber domes.
Didn't know turning the springs could affect squeaking. Now I have to try it out =)

I'm also looking forward to the possible costar IC  ;)

Offline sprit

•  Post Editing Timeout
yes I misunderstood @SPRiT! that's 90º, not 180º ;)
It's my fault!    :)
My mother lingua is Corean,  I am not good at foreign language   ;)
« Last Edit: Sun, 17 May 2015, 08:59:16 by sprit »

Offline sprit

•  Post Editing Timeout
Didn't know turning the springs could affect squeaking. Now I have to try it out =)

It affects squeakig, scraching and some uncomfortable feeling, afaik
Expecting Your experiment report!   :thumb:

Offline StinkyTheDonut

• I like rubber domes.

It affects squeakig, scraching and some uncomfortable feeling, afaik
Expecting Your experiment report!   :thumb:
I've been lazy. lol
Hopefully I will have the motivation in the next few days.  :p

Offline calmfries

• Formerly CalvinXC
  • Broke af
Thanks a lot Sprit.. All the goldies..
B87 | TGR 910 CE

Offline hammelgammler

Is there any difference between normal springs and gold plated ones?
I would need some 62g springs for my MX-Clears, and i don't mind if they don't look good.
It just has to be functional. :)

Offline sprit

•  Post Editing Timeout
Is there any difference between normal springs and gold plated ones?
I would need some 62g springs for my MX-Clears, and i don't mind if they don't look good.
It just has to be functional. :)
Hello!   ;)   
OK!  Let me say like this (But it's stupid to say, as you know)  :  Non-painted wall  vs  Painted Wall   -  Feels?     (I don't mean a wall with rough surface)  ::)
The differences might be very small and subtle,  thou Some say its obvious.    BTW, My Standard Springs have very smooth surface and nice elasticity itself!  >:D    

Plating job needs extra multiple processes, more cares for the quality control.
I am Not for the Bling effects at all,  just interested in experiments.    I'd like to announce a third kind of Springs in July.

* In the OP  : As more steps and electrochemical processes involved,  chances are there for some physical changes  -  Noticeable, or Not.       
« Last Edit: Tue, 26 May 2015, 03:23:49 by sprit »

Offline ph3nomzlol

• Ruckus
sprit!

Did you get my emails or PM about my order, kind sir?

Offline vehagn

I am Not for the Bling effects at all,  just interested in experiments.    I'd like to announce a third kind of Springs in July.

Interesting, what kind of improvements/changes are you making?

Offline FreeChemicals

I'm also waiting for an invoice, to which I would like to add an additional set of Cherry stabilizers (also 7u spacebar, no golden wires this time).

Offline sprit

•  Post Editing Timeout

Interesting, what kind of improvements/changes are you making?

Hello!  :)    Thanks for Your interest!

It's a different material,  under sample test,  when done,  I will post in June or July.   ;)
« Last Edit: Tue, 26 May 2015, 03:24:40 by sprit »

Offline vehagn

That might be a bit late for my project, but if not I might be buying some :)

Offline duckness

sprit!

I'm also waiting for an invoice, to which I would like to add an additional set of Cherry stabilizers (also 7u spacebar, no golden wires this time).

Wait so how are we supposed to place an order again? via a PM or via the google form?

Offline FreeChemicals

sprit!

Wait so how are we supposed to place an order again? via a PM or via the google form?

Just use the order from from the OP. I've received an invoice yesterday, by the way.

Offline duckness

Just use the order from from the OP. I've received an invoice yesterday, by the way.
hmm. Placed an order a few days ago via the google form, but have yet to receive an invoice. Guess I'll wait a little longer then :p

Offline StinkyTheDonut

• I like rubber domes.
I tested the effects of turning the springs on a few of my Gateron blues with jailhouse mod.

My results were very inconsistent.
One switch seemed to have worked well, another had a small change, but two others had no change at any angle.
For the two that had changes, the angle that affects them are different from each other.

I don't if it's the springs being inconsistent, or my jailhouse mod is affecting it, but the overall effect doesn't seem to be worth the amount of time and effort I spent on testing each one lol.  :p

Offline sprit

•  Post Editing Timeout
Thanks for the Info!  StinkyTheDonut   :thumb:

Yes!  The direction of spring's end cut is Not that critical at all,  with my springs.   ;)
As I posted,  Only if it has squeaking, pinging, scratching, or any uncomfy problems, 
Try to rotate the spring around by 60-90 degrees,  it may fix the most problems.
When I got time, I will post some pics for this soon   ;)
« Last Edit: Tue, 26 May 2015, 06:11:57 by sprit »

Offline Karura

• Professional Canadian
  • * Destiny Supporter
  • SKidata life.
Hi sprit, I would like an update on 68g gold v1.2 springs when you produce them; thanks.

"Remember boys, raccoon cold... don't worry, raccoon will find cave." -Sent

Offline sprit

•  Post Editing Timeout
Hi sprit, I would like an update on 68g gold v1.2 springs when you produce them; thanks.
Hi!  Karura!     ;)

Yeah!  65g and 68g will be gold-plated to be v1.2 soon in mid-June.
All 50g ~ 150g  are v1.2 already,   But 60g, 65g, 68g are v1.1 Gold plated at this moment. 
v1.1 has it's own merits   :   faithful to the fundamentals of functionality, already good enough.   ;)
« Last Edit: Tue, 26 May 2015, 03:26:30 by sprit »

Offline sprit

•  Post Editing Timeout
Hello!  moda38 ?   ;)

How's going in Jilin 吉林省 province?   it's very close to Korea. 
« Last Edit: Tue, 26 May 2015, 01:41:22 by sprit »

Offline Eszett

What is the difference between springs V1 and V2?

Offline wlhlm

• ~
What is the difference between springs V1 and V2?
What he told me in a mail:
Hi  wilhelm  :)
V 1.1 is high glossy finish
V 1.2 is soft glossy finish added additional  20% surface smoothness process than previous versions  but the fundamental structure and force curves are identical