Author Topic: Another 3D Keyboard Model Thread  (Read 69333 times)

Offline xtrafrood

• formerly csmertx
  • * Elevated Elder
  • wildling
Re: Another 3D Keyboard Model Thread
« Reply #100 on: Thu, 17 August 2017, 17:22:55 »
I had this idea recently. Basically to combine two trackball mice to the sides of the bottom half of the HHKB Pro. 2.

(Attachment Link)

And it would look something like this.

(Attachment Link)

There would be two spheres cupped on both sides with a LMB positioned on the right side of the keyboard, similar to that of an Xbox controller.

(Attachment Link)

And on the other side would be the RMB positioned on the side in the same way.

(Attachment Link)

I like to keep the keyboard on my lap while typing, but every once in a while have to reach up to access the mouse. With this modification, that would not be a problem!

Sorry, I think you wandered into the wrong thread. Maybe you're looking for this one? Does Your Ideal Mouse Exist?

I know the amount of information one can find via Geekhack is absolutely overwhelming so I can totally understand the confusion. Welcome to Geekhack! Hope you find what you need :)

Thank you. I just wanted this idea to become a 3D model and thought you might want a challenge.

I'm currently absorbing information for when I can afford the equipment I require for the creation of keyboard(s)/parts/flat packs/enclosures and beyond, but I appreciate the sentiment I really do. I'm sorry I can't be of service. I'm sure someone else would love to create a dual wielding mouse/trackball/keyboard setup that correlates with the production quality you desire. Thank you for posting, and good luck.

Offline kamilakas

« Reply #101 on: Fri, 18 August 2017, 05:48:02 »
Hello, guys. Here's my feetless case. Rate pls

Offline xtrafrood

• formerly csmertx
  • * Elevated Elder
  • wildling
« Reply #102 on: Fri, 18 August 2017, 07:24:43 »

I haven't a clue of how to rate your case, sorry

Offline kamilakas

« Reply #103 on: Fri, 18 August 2017, 09:05:16 »

So, I have some photos. What do you think? Printed v1 was with mistake in depth (looks like low-profile case). Now I'm remodelled case with proper depth. I'll print him asap.

Offline xtrafrood

• formerly csmertx
  • * Elevated Elder
  • wildling
« Reply #104 on: Fri, 18 August 2017, 09:25:57 »

So, I have some photos. What do you think? Printed v1 was with mistake in depth (looks like low-profile case). Now I'm remodelled case with proper depth. I'll print him asap.

Looks decent but yet again I have no idea how to rate your case. You should create your own thread so others know your project rather than posting the same case design in multiple threads.