Author Topic: G's announcement (not relevant to most geeks)  (Read 890090 times)

Offline WNovizar

Re: G's announcement (not relevant to most geeks)
« Reply #400 on: Mon, 13 June 2016, 07:04:27 »
Sorry I had to post this in a hurry, but can someone post me the google docs or sheet of these purchases? I think I got someone else's package arrived.
I like mechanical keyboards

Offline Tyr

« Reply #401 on: Mon, 13 June 2016, 07:08:08 »
Sorry I had to post this in a hurry, but can someone post me the google docs or sheet of these purchases? I think I got someone else's package arrived.

here. What did you get ?

Offline WNovizar

« Reply #402 on: Mon, 13 June 2016, 07:25:05 »

here. What did you get ?

Thanks. but I can't found anyone who ordered these packages. Here is what I have:

1. Deck Keyboard with keycaps
2. Deko Keyboard
3. MX8100 case and pcb
4. G80-3000 case and pcb
5. Tipro keyboards
« Last Edit: Mon, 13 June 2016, 07:40:50 by WNovizar »
I like mechanical keyboards

Offline chuckdee

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #403 on: Mon, 13 June 2016, 07:34:31 »
I'd suggest just taking pictures, and posting it in the spreadsheet with links to the images if you haven't.

Offline [Lewynlight]

• Formerly Dymloslouire
« Reply #404 on: Mon, 13 June 2016, 08:17:53 »
after doing some research on the spreadsheet, i just found something interesting.
it seems that the thing i received earlier are Geniekid's . he's the only one who ordered that 1950 from that thread..

genie, if you're reading this, YGPM.
TGR Jane V1 CE - TGR Jane v2 - TGR Jane V2 CE  - TGR 910 R1 - TGR 910 RE Polycarbonate - TGR 910v3 Prototype - TGR Police - TGR Tris - TGR Tomo Polycarbonate - RS60 - RS65 "Pendora" - RS TKL - EM8

Offline rootwyrm

• The Hands of Steel
    • My Website!
« Reply #405 on: Mon, 13 June 2016, 09:10:21 »
So finally got my box.

Crap on a crutch, I can't even match that one to the sheet. It is definitly not any of the other XTs he listed or that were sold. F01-F03 were portable, two were Teensied with USB. F04-F07 were all teensied as well. The only one not teensied was the F08 "project and parts" board with a listed value of $0.

Definitely call your credit card company or bank immediately. This isn't the first thing that's shown up at someone's door that was NOT listed in the items for sale or wasn't actually sold.
"I remain convinced I am the only person alive who has successfully worn out an IBM Model M mechanically."
Daily Drivers: Adesso 625 (NPKC PBT / Kailh Blue), Rosewill RK9000V2 (KC PBT / MX Brown), 1994 Model M13, Sun Type4, and the rare IBM 1394540.

Offline geniekid

« Reply #406 on: Mon, 13 June 2016, 09:41:11 »
after doing some research on the spreadsheet, i just found something interesting.
it seems that the thing i received earlier are Geniekid's . he's the only one who ordered that 1950 from that thread..

genie, if you're reading this, YGPM.

Thanks for the heads-up, Dymloslouire!  I will note that Berserkfan had multiple G80-1950s and some were listed as free towards the end of his sale, so it may not necessarily be mine.  I also ordered WEY keycaps from him but I doubt I will ever see those.  Full disclosure: I have already received a partial refund from Paypal after escalating a claim (partial because I did receive one of the three items I bought, even though it was supposed to be free).  If I ever see the other two items I will contact Paypal about giving him back some of the money.

Offline Tyr

« Reply #407 on: Mon, 13 June 2016, 10:17:26 »
Crap on a crutch, I can't even match that one to the sheet. It is definitly not any of the other XTs he listed or that were sold. F01-F03 were portable, two were Teensied with USB. F04-F07 were all teensied as well. The only one not teensied was the F08 "project and parts" board with a listed value of $0.

Completely random. I figured I'd at least get the IBM 6112883 SKCC Green Alps he was giving away as a freeby, but nope. Still can't figure out how one can ship out random stuff like that.

Offline Skysophrenic

« Reply #408 on: Mon, 13 June 2016, 12:18:34 »
Given that our information is very imperfect, I still urge everyone to make the best efforts to get your money back, whether it's through your credit card company or paypal.

Like I've mentioned, I talked to some of the upper management in moneygram, and it's simply impossible to track the money (since it was a cash withdrawl) after the fact. For privacy and confidentiality, ID's are not kept, only transaction ID's within their systems.

I can't help with anybody in WU since they wouldn't talk to me to set up a potential discussion with someone.

Offline demik

• Pronounced "demique"
« Reply #409 on: Mon, 13 June 2016, 12:22:18 »
Cant believe tp got muted smh
No, he’s not around. How that sound to ya? Jot it down.

Offline rootwyrm

• The Hands of Steel
    • My Website!
« Reply #410 on: Mon, 13 June 2016, 15:23:25 »

here. What did you get ?

Thanks. but I can't found anyone who ordered these packages. Here is what I have:

1. Deck Keyboard with keycaps
2. Deko Keyboard
3. MX8100 case and pcb
4. G80-3000 case and pcb
5. Tipro keyboards

Can you please post photos of the Tipros, Dekos, and Decks? There were multiples of these listed, so we'll need to try and ID which.

You are correct in that none of these were sold except for the "TIPRO MID" 8x8 which was promised to Darkshado as a freebie, and the Deck Legend project board which was sold to Skysophrenic. I was the only one who expressed an interest in the Deck Frost, but ultimately passed.

To date, the highest value item that's actually showed up is the KBC Pure. So either people aren't reporting what they got, or the actual valuable items never shipped. If you're in the US and haven't been contacted directly by customs and you haven't received your order? You aren't getting anything. In all likelihood, most of the 'good' keyboards never shipped at all. There is absolutely zero evidence for more than a dozen packages he claimed to have shipped SeaMail. And he kept changing his tune from 3-5 weeks plus customs to 5-13 weeks plus customs - a common scammer tactic to try and avoid chargebacks from people foolish enough to believe them.

If you don't have your stuff and you didn't get anything, the overwhelming evidence says you aren't getting anything.

Quote from: Tyr
Completely random. I figured I'd at least get the IBM 6112883 SKCC Green Alps he was giving away as a freeby, but nope. Still can't figure out how one can ship out random stuff like that.

What troubles me most is that this doesn't match up with any of the keyboards he had listed. And he had priced most of the XT boards at $60 or more. I have a bad feeling if I test Scarpia's board, I'm going to find out that it's junk. According to our records, absolutely nobody has received even a complete keyboard aside from Tyr and myself, neither of which match the description. The only other items recorded as received to date are keycaps and "project" boards.
Edit: Wups. Misread. We have two MX8100's (yzkoo) with no idea if they work, the XT Tyr got, and the KBC Pure I have. Those are the only keyboards seen to date.
« Last Edit: Mon, 13 June 2016, 15:26:25 by rootwyrm »
"I remain convinced I am the only person alive who has successfully worn out an IBM Model M mechanically."
Daily Drivers: Adesso 625 (NPKC PBT / Kailh Blue), Rosewill RK9000V2 (KC PBT / MX Brown), 1994 Model M13, Sun Type4, and the rare IBM 1394540.

Offline fohat.digs

• * Elevated Elder
  • weird funny old guy
« Reply #411 on: Mon, 13 June 2016, 15:48:06 »

If you're in the US and haven't been contacted directly by customs and you haven't received your order?

I am in the US and I have never been contacted directly by customs in my life.

Do they send you a post card or something?
"The Trump campaign announced in a letter that Republican candidates and committees are now expected to pay “a minimum of 5% of all fundraising solicitations to Trump National Committee JFC” for using his “name, image, and likeness in fundraising solicitations.”
“Any split that is higher than 5%,” the letter states, “will be seen favorably by the RNC and President Trump's campaign and is routinely reported to the highest levels of leadership within both organizations.”"

Offline chuckdee

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #412 on: Mon, 13 June 2016, 16:17:42 »

If you're in the US and haven't been contacted directly by customs and you haven't received your order?

I wasn't contacted by customs for what I received either.  I think you're contacted by customs only if there is a duty due.

Offline rootwyrm

• The Hands of Steel
    • My Website!
« Reply #413 on: Mon, 13 June 2016, 16:41:23 »

That's actually a really excellent question that nobody's brought up yet, which I can answer. My former neighbor was ICE (Immigration and Customs Enforcement,) specifically customs inspections and investigation for enforcement.

Generally, ICE (now part of DHS) will not contact you unless customs fees are owed or there is a discrepancy with the paperwork or similar issue. For example, if the customs form said it was "scrap metal" with a value of $50 and they found it was gold bars? Uh, yeah. You're gonna have DHS at your door investigating customs fraud. Like, literally coming to your house.
For "other" errors, they usually rely on the information provided by the shipper in order to contact the intended recipient. So that means if the shipper provided your phone number, they'll try to call you first. If they can't reach you by phone, they'll usually send a postcard or letter to the address on the package when available. This letter will tell you in very general terms what the issue is - either improper declaration, duty owed, or package damaged (rare.) Depending on the issue, they may tell you that they are seizing the merchandise (most common with counterfeited items) or to make your money order payable to US CBP. (NO CHECKS. Cash, money order, cashier's check, or credit card ONLY.)

Customs fee fraud isn't unheard of. If you get a letter saying you owe customs fees, it will come on official letterhead from a licensed importation agent or US Customs and Border Patrol. In most cases, you can go directly to the location where the items are held, pay the fees, and they will be immediately released to you.
For example, the declaration said "$500 worth of neat stuff" and it was shipped via DHL. DHL would then call you to let you know they had your package and duties were owed. They'd also send a letter on company letterhead, telling you the package number, what you owed, and why. You would then either pay DHL the owed duties online and they would complete shipment; or you would go to the local DHL office, pay the duties, and take the item home (if it was there - in many cases, it may be held at the port of entry.)
For US citizens, you are responsible for all owed duty charges and fees - not the shipper. You can also be held legally liable for certain civil and criminal charges. Also note that what it's actually worth is irrelevant; a customs declaration is a legal document swearing to the value of goods exchanged. If it says $500 and only contains $5 of junk, you owe the $500 duty.

If there is nothing wrong with your package as far as CBP is concerned, they will not contact you at any time in the process. The majority of small packages like these will clear customs extremely quickly - usually less than 5 business days. They don't have the time, money, or manpower to inspect 50,000 individual boxes in a bulk container. They're looking for red flags in the electronically filed forms, missing seals, known bad actors, and other issues they can spot at a glance.
This of course does not rule out individual ****weeds within CBP who hold the process up and insist on checking everything, or the possibility of your item being held up because somebody else broke the law. In those cases, you will not be contacted in most cases unless there is an excessive delay (more than 4 weeks.)

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #414 on: Tue, 14 June 2016, 05:43:39 »
I have received a package.  Not what I was expecting, but then what was I really expecting, the way this has turned out?

By the note that was included, looks like it was supposed to go to someone on DT called Broadmonkey in Denmark.  Can't get much further off the mark, berserkfan.

I ordered and paid for: a set of black on yellow PBT Ducky keycaps.

I received: a programmable numeric keypad (with Cherry MX brown switches) and a small assortment of relegendable keycaps, presumably to suit the numpad.

139739-0

139741-1

139743-2
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline Kibort

« Reply #415 on: Tue, 14 June 2016, 13:30:13 »
just got a letter from BE customs i have to tell them the value of the package lol. Too bad i have no idea what it is worth since i've seen the keycaps i've bought pop up in other peoples posts.

Offline chuckdee

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #416 on: Tue, 14 June 2016, 13:33:38 »
Maybe tell them what the items that you ordered are worth?  And your choice if you want to go into the whole situation with them.

Offline Tyr

« Reply #417 on: Tue, 14 June 2016, 14:02:39 »
just got a letter from BE customs i have to tell them the value of the package lol. Too bad i have no idea what it is worth since i've seen the keycaps i've bought pop up in other peoples posts.

Just tell them scrap iron keyboards and you only paid for the shipping. My package was labelled "old keyboard" and marked at a $10 value, probably yours will be similar.

Offline Kibort

« Reply #418 on: Tue, 14 June 2016, 14:12:16 »
ok thanks

Offline rootwyrm

• The Hands of Steel
    • My Website!
« Reply #419 on: Tue, 14 June 2016, 14:24:26 »
I have received a package.  Not what I was expecting, but then what was I really expecting, the way this has turned out?

By the note that was included, looks like it was supposed to go to someone on DT called Broadmonkey in Denmark.  Can't get much further off the mark, berserkfan.

I received: a programmable numeric keypad (with Cherry MX brown switches) and a small assortment of relegendable keycaps, presumably to suit the numpad.

Oh for ****'s sake. At this point, I'd presume any package coming in has a value of $0.

Because that's either the Qtronix numpad valued at the grand sum of $0 or one of the others that was listed as "freebies." Meaning another junk item sent out and still no sign of any of the valuable keyboards.

Short of feats of delusion bordering on the "involuntary commitment to a psychiatric facility" level, it is impossible to believe that ANY of the 'high dollar' items shipped at all. The money was taken and garbage was thrown in boxes at random with the full intent to defraud from day one.

Offline fohat.digs

• * Elevated Elder
  • weird funny old guy
« Reply #420 on: Tue, 14 June 2016, 14:30:24 »

it is impossible to believe that ANY of the 'high dollar' items shipped at all.

My guess is that people receiving high-dollar-value items are just sitting tight and assuming that the Easter Bunny smiled on them this time.
"The Trump campaign announced in a letter that Republican candidates and committees are now expected to pay “a minimum of 5% of all fundraising solicitations to Trump National Committee JFC” for using his “name, image, and likeness in fundraising solicitations.”
“Any split that is higher than 5%,” the letter states, “will be seen favorably by the RNC and President Trump's campaign and is routinely reported to the highest levels of leadership within both organizations.”"

Offline Tyr

« Reply #421 on: Tue, 14 June 2016, 14:30:48 »
The "last seen" date on Berserkfan's profile page keeps updating, so I assume he's still around but lurking not posting. I wish if there is an explanation he would join the conversation.

Offline Broadmonkey

« Reply #422 on: Tue, 14 June 2016, 14:36:35 »

(Attachment Link)

(Attachment Link)

(Attachment Link)

This is weird!
I sent you a PM.

Thanks rootwyrm for the heads-up!

Offline rootwyrm

• The Hands of Steel
    • My Website!
« Reply #423 on: Tue, 14 June 2016, 14:38:37 »
The "last seen" date on Berserkfan's profile page keeps updating, so I assume he's still around but lurking not posting. I wish if there is an explanation he would join the conversation.

He already gave an explanation, and then promptly deleted it when he got called out on it. Those "explanations" are why he has been banned from selling on GeekHack.

Quote from: beserkfan
Hello Everyone who bought stuff from me

Sorry for the delay. I am working very long hours now. Looks like I cannot retire peacefully from geekhack as planned.

A good many mistakes were made in the shipping out rush. Wife had to send over 80 packages within a few days and she’s not familiar with the descriptions. (And quite fed up too, so she just stuffed packages with whatever seemed right or approximately the same value.)

At least 1 box went out totally wrong because I earmarked a box for that person’s stuff in March. He changed his orders several times so I procrastinated with packing, took out his granite keycaps, white and green switches, and eventually forgot that box hadn’t been packed. This guy had a big order, and he got 0% of his order. Instead he got only the keyboard kit which had occupied the box all along. He got very low value. Now I have no idea how to send him what he ordered.

I do not know what was sent/ mis-sent to any particular person, and am currently unable to trace where the items he/she purchased were sent. It was a great rush to deal with so many complex and changing orders and I was not the one doing it but unfortunate family members. At least 5 people were still changing their orders on May 3; 3 people hadn’t paid and E3E outright refused to pay last minute after trolling me for a week. Several people threw me their addresses but never paid shipping nor responded to reminders.

There were a number of double-sold items. These tended to be cheap items that I didn’t take heed of, had dubious buyers inquiring about them and taking too long to pay, or which had complications like paypal refunds screwing up my records. The most expensive items like scarface keycaps, 87 key zinc blanks and Model M SSK were never double sold. For the double sold items, wife was supposed to just stuff buyers with unsold things because so many things were marked pending but actually unsold thanks to the usual sleazy dibs callers never coming through with payment.

A number of missent items had the correct buyer labelled. I believe the most constructive solution is to contact the intended recipient and send him/her the stuff. Several people I talked to on PM refused this solution, insisting that I refund them fully + pay for the shipping before they would even contemplate sending the legit buyer his property.

Let’s be realistic about this.

I am now very busy and work 7 days a week. I did not expect to be so ultra busy or I would not have planned my sale at this time. I sold things in a great rush and was under pressure to clear my house as planned. Until now I still have uncollected payments!

I do not have money to refund everyone fully. Nor do I have the desire to. I sold many things at literally pennies on the dollar. I gave away many things. I had a terrible selling experience in April. I wish to just walk away from it all.

Wife is angry at me. I deserve the punishment. And I have long vowed to family that I will stay away from geekhack until house is fixed. With my current skills, house won’t be fixed anytime soon.

My paypal account is currently depleted because I had to pull money asap to pay for shipping. There is no money left. See this negative amount? You can squeeze blood from a stone?

After getting a bunch of unconstructive demands from irate buyers, I’m going to be my usual GutzGrouch self. I’ll tell you all the unvarnished truth.

Most of the costs involved shipping. That gives me little room to refund people for wrongly shipped things.

I do not live hand to mouth, and I certainly can put some money back into paypal account to refund dissatisfied people. But I can’t give everyone a full refund. Simple as that. And we won’t know what everyone got until all sea mail packages arrive. Obviously the people who got the least relative to what they were supposed to get, should get priority.

My original goal to clean out my house has been attained. All remaining keyboard items total less than 1 cubic meter. When I have time I can still go through my remaining stuff to see if there was unsent stuff that people paid for. Some personal stuff and lots of never-sold stuff got sent anyway so some people will get things they did not pay for. Lots of keycaps were used as filler in big boxes. This is especially in the case of my massdrop granite keycaps, which looked very ugly, old and shabby to my wife so she thought they had no value.

Laugh all you want. I am keeping no granites for myself. I even put out a review criticizing them, and directed most prospective buyers to the same review because I didn’t want dissatisfied buyers.

Am currently budgeting $2k USD for various refunds. Money is not going to go out until I get a better picture of what has been sent and who got what. Anyone who got more value than what he paid for, will not be refunded. Not to be an SOB about it but it is just impossible to refund everyone. I’d rather just quit geekhack/ deskthority completely if refunding exceeds my limited budget.

I have good reason to suspect that some people got more, and are either keeping quiet, or else are claiming they got less since it is easier to join the chorus of Gutz-haters.

Some geekhackers are already showing their less attractive side here. 1 guy filed complaint without trying to contact me.

Turns out he received someone’s very substantial shipment. It was wrong, but it wasn’t low value stuff like a keyboard kit. It was almost certainly more than what he paid.

Then he claimed to paypal that I sent him damaged goods. (And admitted in the same complaint that they weren’t damaged, just someone else’s stuff.)

Then tried to sell the expensive keycaps sent to him by mistake, to someone else. That someone else told me. This guy had hidden the fact that wife sent him valuable keycaps.

Those who think they are going to get money from filing complaints, sorry. You guys all got boxes of keyboard related items, some totally new or never used. If I choose to escalate your complaint to a Return, you are going to have to pay a lot of money to ship stuff back to Singapore before you get refunded.  We have shipping invoices that say 5kg and 10kg of ‘keyboards’ and ‘keyboard parts’, so sending me a postcard with a tracking number is going to get you hit with a buyer fraud charge.

There is absolutely no question that Gutz had no intention of actually making good on anything from the very first. This is why we have been telling people to immediately file disputes including with their credit card issues, and police reports when they believe it appropriate. Because Gutz is the one who not only attempted to blame his wife for everything, but also explicitly stated that he intended to perpetuate the fraud.

Offline nugglets

« Reply #424 on: Tue, 14 June 2016, 14:40:11 »

(Attachment Link)

(Attachment Link)

(Attachment Link)

The interesting thing about this is the paypal refund on the note. That tells me the package was sent after everything went to ****.

Offline Kibort

« Reply #425 on: Tue, 14 June 2016, 14:53:42 »
I have to show the customs proof of my payment. Which was 150 euro. The tax in BE is 32 euro standard + 21% of what was paid. I'm just going to leave the package at the customs. Don't feel like paying an extra 63 euro for probably some cheap keycaps and diodes. I'll take this as a 150 euro lesson to be more careful when buying online next time. Pce out.

Offline nugglets

« Reply #426 on: Tue, 14 June 2016, 15:01:01 »
I have to show the customs proof of my payment. Which was 150 euro. The tax in BE is 32 euro standard + 21% of what was paid. I'm just going to leave the package at the customs. Don't feel like paying an extra 63 euro for probably some cheap keycaps and diodes. I'll take this as a 150 euro lesson to be more careful when buying online next time. Pce out.

I mean, I would never suggest breaking the law but... Hypothetically, someone could create a PayPal invoice for a few bucks on an alt account and pay it to themselves.

Offline Kibort

« Reply #427 on: Tue, 14 June 2016, 15:05:21 »
the receipt probably needs to have the date and location where it was paid to

Offline 3K

« Reply #428 on: Tue, 14 June 2016, 15:07:06 »

Why don't you tell them you do not have a proof of payment? They should offer to open the package, and after that you could still decide to let them send it back. At least that's how it works in my country.

Model M '88    | Model M SSK '87 | HHKB P2  | Zowie FK1

Offline rootwyrm

• The Hands of Steel
    • My Website!
« Reply #429 on: Tue, 14 June 2016, 15:08:31 »
the receipt probably needs to have the date and location where it was paid to

It most likely doesn't. And if the form was not filled out, you should declare it as a $0 value item which you only paid shipping for. Especially since that's what it is - a zero dollar item you only paid shipping for.

Offline fohat.digs

• * Elevated Elder
  • weird funny old guy
« Reply #430 on: Tue, 14 June 2016, 15:15:14 »

I'm just going to leave the package at the customs.

There were quite a number of very nice items for sale. You might have some of the elusive "good stuff"

Offline Broadmonkey

« Reply #431 on: Tue, 14 June 2016, 15:24:13 »

(Attachment Link)

(Attachment Link)

(Attachment Link)

The interesting thing about this is the paypal refund on the note. That tells me the package was sent after everything went to ****.

I should probably clear up my interaction with berserkfan.

Back in February, I bought a DSA Granite numpad keycaps from him. The set was damaged when I got it, because the package had been too tight around the keycaps (PBT does not like that at all, it shatters!).
Berserkfan had a spare set he would send me. I agreed I could wait until he had sold more of his items, so he could ship it in one go.

Later I also bought a Goldtouch numpad from him, which he refunded when he refunded everyone.
I told him I still wanted to buy it, he sent me the new details on payment, but I never got around to pay it before the deadline (the day he told me he would ship everything). I didn't pay because fees this time was much higher, so I had to mull it over... and then I totally forgot about it untill about ten days after the deadline.

I asked him about the status, and if he had shipped everything. Hoping he had either shipped my replacement Granite numpad set, or that I could still pay for the numpad and have both shipped to me.

I guess he did ship it to me, although nothing of what I can see Rowdy got, is what I had initially paid for.

I had nothing but good communication with him, and I still think he is an honest man... Something just went completely fubar for him I guess.

Offline Tyr

« Reply #432 on: Tue, 14 June 2016, 15:24:58 »
I have to show the customs proof of my payment.

I don't understand this **** they pull. If it is a person-to-person deal then what is proof ? There's no invoice. You could have paid by Western Union or other method that is not traceable. Even a bank statement does not really prove anything.

BTW import tax is 15eur plus VAT I believe.
« Last Edit: Tue, 14 June 2016, 15:28:09 by Tyr »

Offline Skysophrenic

« Reply #433 on: Tue, 14 June 2016, 16:15:33 »
Have... you seen the past 9 pages?
"I had nothing but good communication with him, and I still think he is an honest man... "

Anecdotal evidence is a horrible way to measure a situation. A single patch of unburned grass in a forest ravaged by fire doesn't make the fire starter innocent.

(Attachment Link)

(Attachment Link)

(Attachment Link)

I should probably clear up my interaction with berserkfan.

Back in February, I bought a DSA Granite numpad keycaps from him. The set was damaged when I got it, because the package had been too tight around the keycaps (PBT does not like that at all, it shatters!).
Berserkfan had a spare set he would send me. I agreed I could wait until he had sold more of his items, so he could ship it in one go.

Later I also bought a Goldtouch numpad from him, which he refunded when he refunded everyone.
I told him I still wanted to buy it, he sent me the new details on payment, but I never got around to pay it before the deadline (the day he told me he would ship everything). I didn't pay because fees this time was much higher, so I had to mull it over... and then I totally forgot about it untill about ten days after the deadline.

I asked him about the status, and if he had shipped everything. Hoping he had either shipped my replacement Granite numpad set, or that I could still pay for the numpad and have both shipped to me.

I guess he did ship it to me, although nothing of what I can see Rowdy got, is what I had initially paid for.

I had nothing but good communication with him, and I still think he is an honest man... Something just went completely fubar for him I guess.

Offline Skysophrenic

« Reply #434 on: Tue, 14 June 2016, 16:28:01 »

Are you sure you'd do this? I can't stop you but I'd urge for you to at least check the weight of the box. Our information is very imperfect and incomplete, most of it out of our control. We've been spending so much time trying to track down where things are, and now that we know you have a box you're unwilling to pick it up because it costs more money? The one opportunity to help add another piece to the puzzle and willingly turn away?

Way to insult everyone else who's actually decided to help out in their own way.

Offline Kibort

« Reply #435 on: Tue, 14 June 2016, 16:44:26 »
My apologies if it offends you but do you really think my data will be this significant for you? I paid shipping for a small package. The package will have small stuff in it. The previous posts have shown that small stuff will most likely be rubbish and the keycaps i paid for have been received by other people. What are you expecting to find in my package that will change your view on this situation? I won't find what i paid for so being able to add one correct order to you data sheet is not going happen. I don't have a large package so getting a valuable item is most likely not going to happen. I already lost 150 euro i don't feel like losing another 60 just to lay another piece of your 200 piece puzzle that has 100 pieces missing and will never be found again. We won't even be able to make half of the puzzle so me not laying my one piece for the price of 63 euro is more than reasonable imo.
« Last Edit: Tue, 14 June 2016, 16:47:03 by Kibort »

Offline rootwyrm

• The Hands of Steel
    • My Website!
« Reply #436 on: Tue, 14 June 2016, 16:49:05 »
Except for the fact that we located at least one of your keycap sets, possibly two. We don't have any influence over what others do with the items they received, but what goes around comes around.

Offline Skysophrenic

« Reply #437 on: Tue, 14 June 2016, 17:13:15 »
I'm not saying that not willing to pay offends me - it doesn't and I believe you have a very fair say and frankly, can do what you want. I'm saying that you've dismissed the issue and possibility of potentially finding a significant portion of what's missing. There were not many boxes shipped to the EU - every box is statistically significant. 

Can you find out the weight of the package? Your package, at most, should be around 1kg. If it is significantly more than that  would indicate a keyboard. At the very least, i urge you to please check that. As you've said, you're one small piece of the puzzle, so maybe it's not significant for you. And you could be right. You are probably right. I'll grant you that indeed, you make a point.

But there's a chance - and I'm not even asking for an uneducated chance. I believe that anything higher than 1kg would warrant the extra expense. I think that would be a fair compromise - at the end of the day at customs, you can always reject the shipment, right? Someone correct me if I'm wrong on this one. If it's light, and small, then I more than understand your position and fully agree with your judgment.

My apologies if it offends you but do you really think my data will be this significant for you? I paid shipping for a small package. The package will have small stuff in it. The previous posts have shown that small stuff will most likely be rubbish and the keycaps i paid for have been received by other people. What are you expecting to find in my package that will change your view on this situation? I won't find what i paid for so being able to add one correct order to you data sheet is not going happen. I don't have a large package so getting a valuable item is most likely not going to happen. I already lost 150 euro i don't feel like losing another 60 just to lay another piece of your 200 piece puzzle that has 100 pieces missing and will never be found again. We won't even be able to make half of the puzzle so me not laying my one piece for the price of 63 euro is more than reasonable imo.
« Last Edit: Tue, 14 June 2016, 17:16:30 by Skysophrenic »

Offline chuckdee

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #438 on: Tue, 14 June 2016, 17:24:59 »
I know this whole thing is frustrating,  but I advise calm - especially when telling someone what to do.   Advising is OK,  but getting upset because someone doesn't do what you'd like isn't. There are many involved people merely watchinG at this point, and negative interactions make them more likely not to get involved and make themselves known/put themselves on the line.

Just food for thought.

Offline Broadmonkey

« Reply #439 on: Tue, 14 June 2016, 17:34:00 »
Have... you seen the past 9 pages?
"I had nothing but good communication with him, and I still think he is an honest man... "

Anecdotal evidence is a horrible way to measure a situation. A single patch of unburned grass in a forest ravaged by fire doesn't make the fire starter innocent.

Well, a burned forest doesn't tell if the fire was intentional or if **** just went down.

I haven't followed the whole situation, as I just concluded that everything went fubar for him.

Handling such a large amount of orders and items can be a real mess and organisational nightmare. He bit over way more than he could chew, and as thus I believe he ****ed it up.
Quite possibly he unknowingly sold stuff more than once, mixed up orders or even lost or fused some. Hell, some of the stuff might even have been lost in storage, transport and what not.
So I think he completely lost the grib on it and said "**** it! I have no Idea how to fix this! just ship whatever might fit the overall description of the order."

If his wife was really involved or not, doesn't really change anything, I think the "**** it" part was still involved either way.

I am not saying it's okay what he has done, I am simply not surprised it all went to wrong... Would have been quite the achievement if he didn't **** it up actually.

Offline Tyr

« Reply #440 on: Tue, 14 June 2016, 17:52:18 »
I already lost 150 euro i don't feel like losing another 60 just to lay another piece of your 200 piece puzzle that has 100 pieces missing and will never be found again. We won't even be able to make half of the puzzle so me not laying my one piece for the price of 63 euro is more than reasonable imo.

You don't have to pay VAT on the part that is shipping cost. Also I thought the import duty is 15 eur. So let's say you pay VAT on 100, would make 36eur. As someone said, maybe you can get a description of the package from the customs people. Explain that there may have been a mix-up ?
« Last Edit: Tue, 14 June 2016, 17:53:58 by Tyr »

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #441 on: Tue, 14 June 2016, 21:50:00 »
What are we doing about getting packages to the rightful owners?

I'm not holding out much hope for what I ordered - I know at least one other person bought the same set :rolleyes:
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline chuckdee

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #442 on: Tue, 14 June 2016, 21:54:07 »

I'm not holding out much hope for what I ordered - I know at least one other person bought the same set :rolleyes:

I'll consider that a good sign. Hopefully they can provide screenshots

I think July will be a good cut off date - by then most things would have had over 6 weeks to ship. Anything else that hasn't turned up probably wont. Furthermore, if in the cases where it's held by customs, hopefully your country is civilised enough to send you a message. Come July I will be uploading a new matrix and try to get folks connected with each other for potential shipping.

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #443 on: Tue, 14 June 2016, 22:05:22 »

I'll consider that a good sign. Hopefully they can provide screenshots

I think July will be a good cut off date - by then most things would have had over 6 weeks to ship. Anything else that hasn't turned up probably wont. Furthermore, if in the cases where it's held by customs, hopefully your country is civilised enough to send you a message. Come July I will be uploading a new matrix and try to get folks connected with each other for potential shipping.

Offline rootwyrm

• The Hands of Steel
    • My Website!
« Reply #444 on: Tue, 14 June 2016, 22:09:02 »

That's between the recipient and the person who paid for it. It's outside the scope of your transaction with Gutz, and it's outside the scope of GH. Some of us were hopeful that folks would be honest, and constructively work together to help as many people as possible get what they paid for. Yes, there would have been yet more costs because of having to ship things around, but folks also should have all gotten a shipping refund at minimum. But since it's painfully obvious there's no possible way even half the items paid for shipped - and no evidence they ever existed at this point - a lot of folks probably weren't getting anything of value anyway.

And pretty much any hope of people being decent is long gone. Technically if someone is selling stuff you paid for, it might be possible to charge them with receipt of stolen property. (Certainly wouldn't be unprecedented.) But it's pretty clear that a lot of people only came by to point, laugh, and stir up ****. And a fair chunk of the others are either just walking away and screw everyone else, or hoping they get a high dollar item they can immediately turn around and sell.
« Last Edit: Tue, 14 June 2016, 22:10:38 by rootwyrm »

Offline Darkshado

« Reply #445 on: Tue, 14 June 2016, 22:26:54 »
But since it's painfully obvious there's no possible way even half the items paid for shipped - and no evidence they ever existed at this point - a lot of folks probably weren't getting anything of value anyway.

My opinion is that the jury is still out on that for a little longer. Gotta recheck the dates and shipping times, but since the very beginning, I haven't really been expecting anything before at least next week.

Concerning the existence of the items, the ownership albums were quite complete and most pictures had handwritten notes in them.

"My" cutoff date before really considering this a loss is mid to late July. (It's not as though I have much recourse anyway since payment was made by Moneygram.)

In the meantime, please report any sightings of an ISO-modded Model F AT to me.

Offline biocalves

« Reply #446 on: Tue, 14 June 2016, 22:30:55 »
But since it's painfully obvious there's no possible way even half the items paid for shipped - and no evidence they ever existed at this point - a lot of folks probably weren't getting anything of value anyway.

My opinion is that the jury is still out on that for a little longer. Gotta recheck the dates and shipping times, but since the very beginning, I haven't really been expecting anything before at least next week.

Concerning the existence of the items, the ownership albums were quite complete and most pictures had handwritten notes in them.

"My" cutoff date before really considering this a loss is mid to late July. (It's not as though I have much recourse anyway since payment was made by Moneygram.)

In the meantime, please report any sightings of an ISO-modded Model F AT to me.

Maybe I'm just naive, but I have to agree here as I still think it's a bit too early to say that MOST of the people that were involved are now planning to screw each other over.

My last communication with Berserkfan was early May when he had told me everything had not shipped yet, and considering the shipping timeline I'm just now expecting my package to arrive starting this week as it's the 6 week mark for me.

Hopefully we'll see a lot more reports in the next couple of weeks and we can start sorting and finishing up the list.

Offline codywanks

« Reply #447 on: Wed, 15 June 2016, 04:24:09 »

You are misunderstanding the note.

The PayPal refund he's talking about is when PP limited his account early on and he decided to refund everyone.

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #448 on: Wed, 15 June 2016, 05:52:12 »

That's between the recipient and the person who paid for it. It's outside the scope of your transaction with Gutz, and it's outside the scope of GH. Some of us were hopeful that folks would be honest, and constructively work together to help as many people as possible get what they paid for. Yes, there would have been yet more costs because of having to ship things around, but folks also should have all gotten a shipping refund at minimum. But since it's painfully obvious there's no possible way even half the items paid for shipped - and no evidence they ever existed at this point - a lot of folks probably weren't getting anything of value anyway.

And pretty much any hope of people being decent is long gone. Technically if someone is selling stuff you paid for, it might be possible to charge them with receipt of stolen property. (Certainly wouldn't be unprecedented.) But it's pretty clear that a lot of people only came by to point, laugh, and stir up ****. And a fair chunk of the others are either just walking away and screw everyone else, or hoping they get a high dollar item they can immediately turn around and sell.

There's nothing straight-forward about most of these transactions.

The keycap set I bought Berserkfan apparently sold to someone else.  Or did he have two sets?  No idea - I don't think anyone has reported receiving it yet.  I'd still quite like to have it if it's available.

The numpad I ended up receiving was ear-marked for Broadmonkey originally, but he got a refund from Berserkfan, but still wanted to buy it.  There is a note in the box I received about checking for payment from Broadmonkey again - but did Berserkfan sell this numpad to someone else after Broadmonkey was first refunded?

From the above comment I gathered that everyone was going to record what they ordered and what they received by a certain date, and then work out who has whose order, and try to send all the orders off to the correct recipient.

As has been suggested before, some people might have got something "better" than they paid for, and are possibly keeping quiet about it, which is a shame.

Offline alh84001

« Reply #449 on: Wed, 15 June 2016, 06:21:58 »
I got first of the two packages today, and unsuprisingly it is completely different than what I ordered. I am at work now so I will post pics and screenshots later. I updated the google spreadsheet with keyboards I ordered (three IBM + 1 CM). Unfortunately, the first package was payed via banka transfer, so there is not much I can do there, but the second one was via PayPal. The second package will arrive in some 10-14 days, so I'll update the spreadsheet then as well.

What I got is:
 - F22 - IBM model M5-2 without keycaps - claimed by ponnx
 - F25 - IBM model M 1386304, it misses most of the keycaps as only numpad and nav cluster has keycaps
« Last Edit: Wed, 15 June 2016, 17:05:27 by alh84001 »