Author Topic: Tsuka60 - the Katana60 v2 PCB Interest Check [IC]  (Read 68561 times)

Offline RominRonin

• * Maker
Tsuka60 - the Katana60 v2 PCB Interest Check [IC]
« on: Tue, 30 April 2019, 15:34:35 »
Katana60 v2 (aka Katana60 rev2) is available online - Post here.

Link to the previous most recent update post, with the most up-to-date layout for the Tsuka60 PCB and other information about the project progress.

Link to a previous update post.

Original Post:

More
Symmetrical staggered layouts are among early attempts at more ergonomic layouts for typists. The Katana60 brought these layouts to a new and engaged mechanical keyboard community. I’ve explored the layout further and identified improvements that both simplify the transition from traditional layouts and allow further customisation and engagement with contemporary community trends (read: keycaps and cases). Introducing Katana60 v2.

PCB Supported Layouts

The Katana60 fits in standard 60% cases, so you can choose from a wide variety of pre-existing cases. The added support of standard bottom rows (new in v2) adds further flexibility to your custom keyboard. For example, the addition of the popular 7u space bar bottom row allows the buyer to try 60% WKL cases or HHKB style cases with 1.5u blockers.

v2 Universal layout example (default)

The default layout adds the benefits of a symmetrical stagger to a traditional legacy keyboard layout, and little more. The layout is 100% row-profile correct and key positioning follows the common qwerty positioning. Unlike other variants, international keycap sets are supported with this layout.

Non-standard keycaps required
2x row 4 - 1.5u
1x row 3 - 1.75u (extra)

The required caps can be found in GMK group buys or other premium keycap sets.

Here it is shown with the standard bottom row. An alternative asymmetrical bottom row is also supported, with additional thumb keys.

v2 Symmetrical layout example

This layout is also 100% row-profile correct. Key positions have been relocated for the symmetric aesthetic. The optional 2u backspace key is shown here, alongside a split, symmetric space bar arrangement. The alternative bottom row with a 7u space bar is shown, this allows support for HHKB style cases with 1.5u blockers.

Katana60 v1 'Classic'

The default layout of the original Katana60 has its benefits. Although it didn't support any 100% correct row profile layouts, it could be covered using a stand ANSI keycap set and nothing more.

Support for the v1 layout can be built in to the v2 PCB, but there are some caveats to this approach, so I'd like to guage interest in the Classic layout before devoting time to adding it to the v2. Firstly, and importantly, implementation of the Classic bottom row would require us to drop support for the 6.25u bottom row option (since the stabilisers will overlap). Another caveat is the offset of the alphas between the two layouts. Implementing this is possible, but it adds complexity (and therefore time) to the process.

I have prepared an interest check form to measure the interest in the options before developing the PCB. Here's a link, please fill it out and leave any comments or suggestions in the thread below.

Thank you for your interest and your time.

RominRonin
« Last Edit: Sat, 19 September 2020, 06:05:11 by RominRonin »

Offline AbstraktDesignLab

Re: Katana60 PCB v2 Interest Check [IC]
« Reply #1 on: Tue, 30 April 2019, 15:43:55 »
I would definitely be interested in this! I love messing with these new and unique layouts. Any plans for Alps support?

Offline _ODIN_

« Reply #2 on: Tue, 30 April 2019, 15:53:33 »
I like the 7u spacebar option.

Gesendet von meinem H8416 mit Tapatalk

Offline Zilleon

« Reply #3 on: Tue, 30 April 2019, 15:58:19 »
I'm definitely interested!

I would love to see the option of using 2u instead of the 'split tab'.

Also, have you considered making the plate files available? That way we could get plates for top mount cases from laserboost or whatever

Offline Xynerorias

• Lubin' with glicerin
« Reply #4 on: Tue, 30 April 2019, 16:14:27 »
Man do I like the V2 symmetrical!
Also, hotswap?

Offline juliandoucette

« Reply #5 on: Tue, 30 April 2019, 17:31:37 »
Looks interesting to me.

Offline tex_live_utility

• MX brown apologist
    • twitch.tv/salt_rock_lamp
« Reply #6 on: Tue, 30 April 2019, 20:20:59 »
The slightly wider layout is great, nice to be able to use standard 1.75u Caps Lock and Control keys.

However I'm not sold on the bottom row. Some adaptation of the V1 bottom row options would be ideal for me.

I also don't love the big wide keys in the middle. I like the gap with the logo in V1; maybe V2 could have indicator lights? Or... a rotary encoder  :p
Discord: salt rock lamp#0679 | Reddit: /u/nerdponx | Deskthority: autoload -Uz | Keebtalk: salt_rock_lamp
Twitch: salt_rock_lamp | YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCd7YXZjilUutJ6ShZWrvQtg | Instagram: @salt_rock_keyboards

Offline TheAutoManCan

« Reply #7 on: Tue, 30 April 2019, 20:47:44 »
Personally I prefer the layout of the v1 better. The stagger on the v1 is consistent from the alphas to the number row where the v2 top rows just decide to go ortho for some reason.

I really like the 7u spacebar option. Usually I hate 7u spacebar layouts because they aren't centered to where you hold your hands but it would make sense with a layout like this.

I definitely don't like the other 1.25u/1.5u bottom row layouts. I think cleaning up the split spacebar layout from the v1 would be better. Would look less cluttered.

Offline clickityClackity

« Reply #8 on: Tue, 30 April 2019, 22:03:01 »
Here are my thoughts as a huge fan of the Katana. I finally got around to using my Katana-60 regularly - it's been my daily driver for about three months now. There are a couple things about the V2 that I really like when compared to the V1:

* Center buttons on bottom two rows: As much as I liked the concept of the center buttons on the bottom two rows, in practical terms I never use them. They're in kind of an awkward spot and it's surprisingly hard to find them when not looking at the keyboard. V2 addresses this.
* Non-symeyrical bottom row: it bugs me how beautifully symmetrical everything was in V1.... Except for that bottom row. V2 addresses that.
* Number row: while I love the the look of the original, the numbers are in such an odd place on the left side that I totally had to retrain myself on where they are. On top of that, I wanted them placed asymmetrically on both halves, so now it's weird on both sides. I still struggle with finding the right numbers from time to time and have to look down (which I trained myself not to do on all my keyboards).

At the moment, there's really only one thing I don't like:

* Top row: it totally rakes away from the symmetrical staggered look! Maybe it will look great put together, but it's one of the things I love about the Katana and this detracts from that big time.

As far as functionality, V2 takes the cake. It's addressed several issues I've come across and has some cool additions (namely the center buttons on the bottom two rows). Normally I'm all about functionality, but I'm a sucker for symmetry and V2 seems to detract from that so I'm kind of torn... I love the changes, and I hate the changes. Considering how much I'm using this keyboard though, I'll probably end up getting a V2 though.

Quick side note: if you're considering getting one of these and haven't used one before, be warned! It's awesome, but it will **** you up when you have to go back to a standard layout!!!

Offline calbatr0ss

« Reply #9 on: Wed, 01 May 2019, 07:09:49 »
Personally I I love the idea of the Katana V1 layout, but with a symmetrical split bottom row. It's visually the most appealing I don't know how easy it would be to adapt to the proposed 1u tab on the V2... (I know it could be remapped)

Also, I know I've said it before but it would be really awesome if the V2 PCB had a USB-C connector!

Great work as always, and thanks!

Offline GigaFlop

« Reply #10 on: Wed, 01 May 2019, 20:16:16 »
I was looking at the original version a few weeks ago, excited to see it in an IC so soon after. Plain 60%s don't really do it for me anymore.
Oh god why did my wallet get so thin

Offline voight-kampff

« Reply #11 on: Thu, 02 May 2019, 09:04:24 »
cool
I am in for a few pcb-s

Offline Kokaloo

• 🤘(• ω •)🤙
« Reply #12 on: Sun, 12 May 2019, 22:43:49 »
Yes pleeaassee! :D

Offline nuclear_wizard

« Reply #13 on: Tue, 14 May 2019, 10:53:23 »
Love the layout (been using my V1 for a while now), but for the love of everything holy, please offer alternative vendors to Candykeys.

Offline funderburker

• * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #14 on: Tue, 14 May 2019, 13:29:45 »
I've been waiting for a Katana with a regular bottom row and this looks almost perfect. I've not used V1 as it was out of stock for while when was planning a build but not that V2 is on the horizon, I'm definitely in! :)

That top row and CapsLock/Tab keys are a bit weird but I get why that's been done. A 1u Tab key could be a bit uncomfortable but well, this isn't your typical layout anyway so  :thumb:

Keycap profile compatibility is something I value highly so I'm voting for a 7u bottom row V2 option but a V1 with 7u bottom row is pretty much the most symmetrical 60% board you can get without going full ortho. :D
Keyboard design by Skepur

My boards: TMO50 FE:06 | LAGOM Groda-T | TMOv2 R1 prototype | Onyx FRL TKL prototype | Stege TKL prototype | Ellipse prototype | Cyberstar

Offline radam

« Reply #15 on: Thu, 16 May 2019, 17:41:03 »
I'm really interested in the v1 layout. It feels a lot like an ergo 40%+ and that interests me more than trying to fit all the keys in the right places. Losing split space and staggered number row would also make me real sad. (Hi, I'm new).

Offline CandyKeys

• Just doing EU things.
    • CandyKeys EU MK Store
« Reply #16 on: Fri, 17 May 2019, 07:02:30 »
Hey all!
Great to see the feedback rolling in now.

We would like to inform you that the KATANA will also be available from your local region dealer for MK stuff. For USA it is unconfirmed but for Asia it should possibly be Zfrontier, they will have these things in stock and will not be a GB when complete.

This will prevent any issues with exports, long shipping times, issues with the long journey they take that the V1 was suffering from.
The CandyKeys Mechanical Keyboard Store

Offline jaang

« Reply #17 on: Fri, 17 May 2019, 23:16:31 »
Would love to be able to submit multiple options in the form, but that aside I'm super interested, but would love to at least keep the delete key from the v1.

Offline voight-kampff

« Reply #18 on: Tue, 28 May 2019, 14:57:58 »
any news about the v2?

Offline Clix4Clax

« Reply #19 on: Thu, 30 May 2019, 21:27:47 »
Definitely in for at least 1

Offline Lunatique

• Writer, Composer, Artist, Photographer, Gamer
« Reply #20 on: Sat, 01 June 2019, 15:38:16 »
 :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:

Offline ungarida

« Reply #21 on: Sun, 02 June 2019, 15:18:45 »
Hi RominRonin,
in case you do not recall I'm a proud owner of a Katana60 v1.

To be honest I would not buy a v2, I love the last row in the v1 and I think arrows keys make it more useful.
Crazy idea, I would love and buy a v2 with track point, like Tex Yoda II.

Offline tex_live_utility

• MX brown apologist
« Reply #22 on: Sun, 02 June 2019, 19:56:48 »
Hi RominRonin,

To be honest I would not buy a v2, I love the last row in the v1 and I think arrows keys make it more useful.

v1 + trackpoint is the dream for this layout! Pretty sure the Paladin64 PCB has trackpoint support -- not sure if it's open source though.
Discord: salt rock lamp#0679 | Reddit: /u/nerdponx | Deskthority: autoload -Uz | Keebtalk: salt_rock_lamp
Twitch: salt_rock_lamp | YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCd7YXZjilUutJ6ShZWrvQtg | Instagram: @salt_rock_keyboards

Offline funderburker

• * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #23 on: Mon, 03 June 2019, 01:35:34 »
Hi RominRonin,

We need more PCBs with trackpoint support. I'd buy it in a heartbeat!  :p

My boards: TMO50 FE:06 | LAGOM Groda-T | TMOv2 R1 prototype | Onyx FRL TKL prototype | Stege TKL prototype | Ellipse prototype | Cyberstar

Offline RominRonin

• * Maker
« Reply #24 on: Mon, 03 June 2019, 04:45:56 »
Personally I'd also LOVE trackpoint support. I agree that it would make the Katana60 perfect.

Unfortunately, I have very little time for the research and development required to correctly support a trackpoint device, so if any volunteers out there are willing to:

• Locate a trackpoint module that is in supply and performs consistently well*
  • Invest the time in developing the footprint (I haven't found any footprints for existing modules)
  • prototyping etc.

Then I'd be happy to work with them. Prototyping costs are something that I could possibly support with.

Remember also that anyone investing in a Katana60 with the intention of using it with a trackpoint would have to do some DIY customisation (the plate would have to be drilled and/or keycaps).

If you expect it as complete project, with as little DIY as possible, then my first reaction would be to fix the PCB layouts to a handful of popular choices and include a keycap set too. Heck, I would even want a custom case.

I simply do not have the time to pursue this myself, nor do I have enough interest to even make time for all of the above right now, there's simply too many other things requiring my attention IRL.

On the positive side, I'm also not so precious about the project, I'm simply interested in bringing this style of layout to more users. I certainly wouldn't want to prevent any others from implementing their own versions. I don't own the layout, you know?

* The trackpoint on the original Tex Yoda II had several issues, including high sensitivity and a not-great failure rate. The new module fixes those issues.

Offline tex_live_utility

• MX brown apologist
« Reply #25 on: Tue, 04 June 2019, 07:36:14 »
 On the PCB side, someone has already developed it! https://www.reddit.com/r/MechanicalKeyboards/comments/8hq283/gb_paladin64_alps64_pcb_with_underglow_and/

Their solution for an actual trackpoint module was to buy a tongue ring. I actually have one of these but have not had the time to put it together and get the trackpoint working. But maybe you can reach out to the creator so you don't have to reinvent the wheel.

Offline ungarida

« Reply #26 on: Wed, 05 June 2019, 10:26:07 »
Personally I'd also LOVE trackpoint support. I agree that it would make the Katana60 perfect.

Unfortunately, I have very little time for the research and development required to correctly support a trackpoint device, so if any volunteers out there are willing to:

• Invest the time in developing the footprint (I haven't found any footprints for existing modules)
  • prototyping etc.

Then I'd be happy to work with them. Prototyping costs are something that I could possibly support with.

Remember also that anyone investing in a Katana60 with the intention of using it with a trackpoint would have to do some DIY customisation (the plate would have to be drilled and/or keycaps).

If you expect it as complete project, with as little DIY as possible, then my first reaction would be to fix the PCB layouts to a handful of popular choices and include a keycap set too. Heck, I would even want a custom case.

I simply do not have the time to pursue this myself, nor do I have enough interest to even make time for all of the above right now, there's simply too many other things requiring my attention IRL.

On the positive side, I'm also not so precious about the project, I'm simply interested in bringing this style of layout to more users. I certainly wouldn't want to prevent any others from implementing their own versions. I don't own the layout, you know?

* The trackpoint on the original Tex Yoda II had several issues, including high sensitivity and a not-great failure rate. The new module fixes those issues.

Even if I'm not an expert in the hardware area, I will start some research and hopefully we can start this amazing project :)

Offline ungarida

« Reply #27 on: Wed, 05 June 2019, 13:48:10 »
For future reference this is a good list of https://deskthority.net/wiki/TrackPoint_Hardware

Offline ungarida

« Reply #28 on: Wed, 19 June 2019, 07:55:49 »

• prototyping etc.

Regarding the module supply, after days of research, the most viable solution is to buy Lenovo keyboards and remove the TrackPoint module. This should guarantee some quality and also documentation availability ( like https://deskthority.net/wiki/TrackPoint ).
On Alibaba, there are brand new for less than 5 euros https://www.alibaba.com/product-detail/Hot-Selling-Original-US-Version-Black_60824450355.html

Offline gimpel

« Reply #29 on: Sat, 22 June 2019, 08:31:28 »
Interested in the symmetrical v2 variant, personally not interested in trackpoints or classic support.

Offline Clix4Clax

« Reply #30 on: Sat, 22 June 2019, 11:32:37 »
+1 will buy a symmetrical v2 when live.  :thumb:

Offline coralof

« Reply #31 on: Thu, 27 June 2019, 16:33:33 »
I am also interested in the V2 Symmetrical! Really looking forward to when it's made available! :D

EDIT: Yeah, I think I still prefer the v1 layout, I'm glad it's going to have a second run!
« Last Edit: Tue, 09 July 2019, 15:36:12 by coralof »

Offline sinnyc

« Reply #32 on: Thu, 27 June 2019, 20:51:15 »
I'm interested in this, too.  V2

Offline RominRonin

• * Maker
« Reply #33 on: Mon, 08 July 2019, 13:34:14 »
I think it's time for an update. I've closed the IC form with a total of 62 responses. I’ve reviewed the numbers and it’s interesting. Here's the analysis.

New layout vs Old layout
On the question of the new layout vs the old layout, the result was split almost down the middle: 30 were in favour of the new layout vs 27 in favour of the old.

New Layout, 6.25u spacebar vs indifferent
Those of you who preferred the new layout are lukewarm about the inclusion of a 6.25u spacebar option, with only one third voting for the compatibility option.

Old Layout, default bottom row vs indifferent
Back to the original layout, a surprising two thirds of you were in favour of keeping the default bottom row - this came as a suprise, considering all the negative feedback I got about the bottom row being asymmetric. I expected more of you would be in favour of ditching it in favour of a symmetric new layout. This is why these IC periods are important.

Decision time
Given the split in popularity between the new and old layouts, I have decided to make not one but two new Katana boards.

I will start by making a Katana60 revision 2, with the same layout as the original Katana60 (including the default bottom row), plus an extra symmetrical bottom row option for those with OCD ;) - I'll follow up with example images soon.

I will be dropping the ALPS compatibility on that board - almost everyone who ordered the last time went with MX builds. If there is significant outcry, this decision can be revisited, but as it stands, revision 2 will be MX only.

What about the NEW layout?
As for the NEW layout, firstly it needs a new name - in the very least to avoid confusion with the Katana60 rev 1 + 2. You might have guessed by the response times here that I have been very busy IRL. I think the decision to make 2 PCBs is the right one, however, I only have enough time to design one right now. When the Katana60 revision 2 is complete and in stock, I’ll make a start with the new layout.

Thank you for your support, watch this space for updates.

Offline sinnyc

« Reply #34 on: Mon, 08 July 2019, 18:51:58 »
I'm glad this idea is still going.  I'm definitely interested.

As for the NEW layout, firstly it needs a new name - in the very least to avoid confusion with the Katana60 rev 1 + 2.

Some ideas for a name:
  • Katana2.0
  • Wakizashi - A Wakizashi is a companion sword to a Katana.  Both were usually worn together.  It was shorter and meant for close up fighting as it was more manageable than the longer Katana in those situations.
  • Pseudo-Katana
  • Sudo-Katana - a pun on pseudo and the sudo command
  • KatanataK - A palindrome that emphasizes the symmetry of the new Katana layout.

Offline CandyKeys

• Just doing EU things.
    • CandyKeys EU MK Store
« Reply #35 on: Tue, 09 July 2019, 07:17:07 »
+1 for Wakizashi
The CandyKeys Mechanical Keyboard Store

Offline funderburker

• * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #36 on: Wed, 10 July 2019, 13:36:57 »
I think it's time for an update. I've closed the IC form with a total of 62 responses. I’ve reviewed the numbers and it’s interesting. Here's the analysis.

New layout vs Old layout
On the question of the new layout vs the old layout, the result was split almost down the middle: 30 were in favour of the new layout vs 27 in favour of the old.

New Layout, 6.25u spacebar vs indifferent
Those of you who preferred the new layout are lukewarm about the inclusion of a 6.25u spacebar option, with only one third voting for the compatibility option.

Old Layout, default bottom row vs indifferent
Back to the original layout, a surprising two thirds of you were in favour of keeping the default bottom row - this came as a suprise, considering all the negative feedback I got about the bottom row being asymmetric. I expected more of you would be in favour of ditching it in favour of a symmetric new layout. This is why these IC periods are important.

Decision time
Given the split in popularity between the new and old layouts, I have decided to make not one but two new Katana boards.

I will start by making a Katana60 revision 2, with the same layout as the original Katana60 (including the default bottom row), plus an extra symmetrical bottom row option for those with OCD ;) - I'll follow up with example images soon.

I will be dropping the ALPS compatibility on that board - almost everyone who ordered the last time went with MX builds. If there is significant outcry, this decision can be revisited, but as it stands, revision 2 will be MX only.

As for the NEW layout, firstly it needs a new name - in the very least to avoid confusion with the Katana60 rev 1 + 2. You might have guessed by the response times here that I have been very busy IRL. I think the decision to make 2 PCBs is the right one, however, I only have enough time to design one right now. When the Katana60 revision 2 is complete and in stock, I’ll make a start with the new layout.

Thank you for your support, watch this space for updates.

+1 for Wakizashi

I'm probably one of those people that is in favour of a symmetrical v1 Katana60 as it looked good for me except for that bottom row (what to do with that many thumb keys? :D).

Also +1 for Wakizashi. It sounds cool but I wouldn't remember it from the top of my brain though.

Offline coralof

« Reply #37 on: Thu, 11 July 2019, 08:55:17 »
I like the name wakizashi for the v2, but in my mind, I keep thinking that because a wakizashi is smaller than a katana, v2 is going to come out and be a 40% board or something.   ;)

Offline RominRonin

• * Maker
« Reply #38 on: Fri, 12 July 2019, 14:05:55 »
I'm probably one of those people that is in favour of a symmetrical v1 Katana60 as it looked good for me except for that bottom row (what to do with that many thumb keys? :D).

Then you'll like the following album:
https://imgur.com/a/Re9v99E

I really like the 7u bottom row, not least because it opens up the possibility of a Katana60 being used in a HHKB style case, with 1.5u stoppers.

Oh, and regarding names for the V2 (not the Katana60 revision 2), I really like 'Tsuka'. Google it.

Offline funderburker

• * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #39 on: Fri, 12 July 2019, 15:36:47 »

I really like the 7u bottom row, not least because it opens up the possibility of a Katana60 being used in a HHKB style case, with 1.5u stoppers.

Oh, and regarding names for the V2 (not the Katana60 revision 2), I really like 'Tsuka'. Google it.

Oh that's a good album. Love the DIY not-sandwich case idea. Also the angled feet. So simple yet missing in sandwich cases.

Offline radam

« Reply #40 on: Fri, 12 July 2019, 16:29:20 »

I like this very much

edit:

by the way i do very much like the symmetrical bottom row with original katana layout more than the classic bottom row.
It looks nicer and is much easier to fill with proper key profile

I think i did vote for the classic bottom row, but i don't think this particular option was available when voting
« Last Edit: Fri, 12 July 2019, 16:36:33 by radam »

Offline sinnyc

« Reply #41 on: Fri, 12 July 2019, 17:04:00 »

Yes, that name would work very nicely, too.

Offline vosechu

« Reply #42 on: Mon, 15 July 2019, 01:01:33 »
I’m totally in, but form is closed. Can I still get in?

Offline funderburker

• * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #43 on: Mon, 15 July 2019, 05:13:17 »
I’m totally in, but form is closed. Can I still get in?

This is only an IC. Read some posts back, there's an update on what RominRonin is planning to do regarding the layouts and feedback from people who filled IC form.
Nothing has been set in stone with a timeline but if you are in than you can just follow this thread for updates and such. Usually when thing's are ready for production and everything's been figured out, stuff move into GB (group buy) and that's when you need to really follow as there's specific timeline people can join that.

Offline vosechu

« Reply #44 on: Mon, 15 July 2019, 09:02:35 »
Thanks!

Offline RominRonin

• * Maker
« Reply #45 on: Sat, 20 July 2019, 13:16:12 »
by the way i do very much like the symmetrical bottom row with original katana layout more than the classic bottom row.
It looks nicer and is much easier to fill with proper key profile

I think i did vote for the classic bottom row, but i don't think this particular option was available when voting

The final bottom rows are still a work in progress, currently it looks like this for the Katana60 revision 2:

and for the Tsuka:

I'll post something more in-depth in the next day or two, with some photos. Please keep in mind that these images are intended to show my current intentions with the bottom row, and do not depict the final layouts supported by either PCB.
« Last Edit: Sat, 20 July 2019, 13:18:05 by RominRonin »

Offline sinnyc

« Reply #46 on: Sat, 20 July 2019, 14:00:52 »
I'm liking both the V2 and Tsuka versions a lot and am beginning to lean towards the symmetrical 2.75u split space bars.  Honestly, I'm into either of these layouts.

Has the ability to program this been discussed?  I'd love to reprogram the caps lock key :)

Offline radam

« Reply #47 on: Sat, 20 July 2019, 14:48:18 »
these look really nice and i'm happy that there will be 2 pcbs.
i would like to try out tsuka, but have an opportunity for another katana.

i hope it would be possible to share a plate file that we could modify.
i'd like to try the tsuka, but without any keys in the center or maybe fit a rotary encoder in the bottom center in that 2ux2u area.

Offline coralof

« Reply #48 on: Mon, 22 July 2019, 10:43:47 »
Checking back every day to make sure I don't miss anything! Thanks for the update!  :D

Offline Sedula

« Reply #49 on: Tue, 23 July 2019, 22:29:38 »
I assume the tsuka we're going for here is 柄 (hilt/haft/handle), but just as a point of interest, there's also (mound/hillock; burial mound/tomb/barrow).