Author Topic: [GB] PURPLE/CLEAR ZEALIO SWITCHES (Complete)  (Read 562207 times)

Offline Steezus

• Keeper of Facts
  • * Elevated Elder
Re: [GB] PURPLE/CLEAR ZEALIO SWITCHES NOW LIVE!!!
« Reply #500 on: Tue, 29 September 2015, 18:21:36 »
Finally joined... in for 200 67g :)

I don't know what to which ones to get and how many ugh!  :confused:
I was having a hard justifying the price for myself until I realized I spent a combined $120 for 100x Clear Switch Tops, 100x Vintage Blues, and 100x 62g Sprit Springs. $75 for 100x Zealios doesn't sound bad at all.
TGR-Jane CE | TGR-Tris CE | Lyn Montage | LZ PhysiX | Exclusive e8.5

Offline swimmingbird

• * Elevated Elder
  • keyset hoarder
« Reply #501 on: Tue, 29 September 2015, 18:24:29 »

I was having a hard justifying the price for myself until I realized I spent a combined $120 for 100x Clear Switch Tops, 100x Vintage Blues, and 100x 62g Sprit Springs. $75 for 100x Zealios doesn't sound bad at all.

I did such a crap job of lubing my switches for my gon that I want to move to something that is done well at the factory - hence my purchase

Have a look at the various reviews posted in the thread - livingspeedbump's was very helpful to me

I don't think you can go wrong with any of them tbh

Offline Steezus

• Keeper of Facts
  • * Elevated Elder
« Reply #502 on: Tue, 29 September 2015, 18:46:29 »

I did such a crap job of lubing my switches for my gon that I want to move to something that is done well at the factory - hence my purchase

Have a look at the various reviews posted in the thread - livingspeedbump's was very helpful to me

I don't think you can go wrong with any of them tbh

Decided to go with 100x 65g Tactile, can't wait to get these but now I need to find a board to build them on.
Edit: Oops messed up quotes.
« Last Edit: Tue, 29 September 2015, 19:35:51 by Steezus »

Offline effectiveduck

« Reply #503 on: Tue, 29 September 2015, 19:12:39 »
Finally actually ordered as well, 70x 65g purple zealios, a handful of 67g clear zealios and a cable  :thumb:

Also sorry zeal! Had to order only 5 clears to keep shipping down  :'(

Offline Zeal

• Actually the King of Green Tea Kit-Kats
  • * Vendor
    • Zeal Generation Inc.
« Reply #504 on: Tue, 29 September 2015, 19:19:40 »
Ugh...China has too many holidays in September/October. :( There's a high chance there's gonna be one more week of waiting. Sorry folks </3
Sept (25), (26), 27, (28) "Mid-Autumn Festival"
October 1-7: "National Day Golden Week holiday"
http://www.timeanddate.com/holidays/china/
        "Bird have wing, bird will fly. Henry had wings.  Henry now fly." -Sent

Offline trenzafeeds

• * Exquisite Elder
  • **** off
« Reply #505 on: Tue, 29 September 2015, 19:24:29 »
Ugh...China has too many holidays in September/October. :( There's a high chance there's gonna be one more week of waiting. Sorry folks </3

Oh my god Zeal this buy has been so horribly and completely mismanaged. I can't believe you're subjecting us to yet another arduous delay
/s

In all seriousness, I'm amazed at how quickly this has happened, especially considering the unique quality of the order. No problem at all!
demik will never leave.

Unless he gets banned.

Offline openmiceagle

« Reply #506 on: Tue, 29 September 2015, 20:10:54 »
These look real good on top of the picture of the ae86

Offline blai5000

« Reply #507 on: Tue, 29 September 2015, 20:17:26 »
I did the thing and ordered 90 of the 62g linears.

Guess that makes me the odd one out of a mob of tactile fans.

Offline thaddeus

« Reply #508 on: Tue, 29 September 2015, 20:54:27 »
Waited until the last minute...but I could no longer resit :)

65g Tactile here we gooooo! These are my first purchase for my first 60%. Planning on building it myself -- I was looking at the Sprit PCB's, but may have to look into what Gon makes.

My poor wallet :(

Gon's are gonna be a bit better, though certainly more expensive. If you're willing to shell out $110 for a PCB, the wireless Nerd60 is amazing.

Glad to know, thanks! Oooo he keeps white in stock :p

Where do you usually turn to for cases / stabilizers?

Offline Altis

« Reply #509 on: Tue, 29 September 2015, 20:55:39 »
I did the thing and ordered 90 of the 62g linears.

Guess that makes me the odd one out of a mob of tactile fans.

I ordered some linears as well.  :thumb:

I'm looking forward to trying 62g, butter smooth linears. I've always found MX Reds just a tad too light, and a bit too gritty. These will be very nice indeed.
WhiteFox (Gateron Brown) -- Realforce 87U 45g -- Realforce 104UG (Hi Pro 45g) -- Realforce 108US 30g JIS -- HHKB Pro 2 -- IBM Model M ('90) -- IBM Model M SSK ('87) -- NMB RT-101 & RT-8255C+ (Hi-Tek Space Invaders) -- Chicony KB-5181 (Monterey Blue Alps) -- KPT-102 (KPT Alps) -- KUL ES-87 (62/65g Purple Zealios) -- CM QFR (MX Red) -- Apple Aluminum BT -- Realforce 23u Numpad -- Logitech K740 -- QSENN DT-35 -- Zenith Z-150 (Green Alps)

Offline ideus

• * Exalted Elder
  • Björkö.
« Reply #510 on: Tue, 29 September 2015, 22:26:29 »

65g Tactile here we gooooo! These are my first purchase for my first 60%. Planning on building it myself -- I was looking at the Sprit PCB's, but may have to look into what Gon makes.

Gon's are gonna be a bit better, though certainly more expensive. If you're willing to shell out $110 for a PCB, the wireless Nerd60 is amazing.

GON has everything to build your board, stabs, resistors, diodes, leds and so on. The base GON Nerd60 is 55 also, if you do not need the Bluetooth functionality.  Beware that he has a backlog for orders that require some extra assembly. It appears he is delivering on of stock ones.
« Last Edit: Tue, 29 September 2015, 22:33:06 by ideus »

Offline njbair

• I love the Powerglove. It's so bad.
    • nickbair.net
« Reply #511 on: Tue, 29 September 2015, 22:32:02 »
After trying Cherry MX blacks on a G80-1800, I recently picked up a board with Gateron blacks. I instantly went from hating all linears forever without exception, to really, really liking those things. It's amazing what a difference the smoothness makes.

Alpine Winter GB | My Personal TMK Firmware Repo
IBM Rubber Band "Floss" Mod | Click Modding Alps 101 | Flame-Polishing Cherry MX Stems
Review: hasu's USB to USB converter
My boards:
More
AEKII 60% | Alps64 HHKB | Ducky Shine 3, MX Blues | IBM Model M #1391401, Nov. 1990 | IBM SSK #1391472, Nov. 1987, screw modded, rubber-band modded | Noppoo EC108-Pro, 45g | Infinity 60% v2 Hacker, Matias Quiet Pros | Infinity 60% v2 Standard, MX Browns | Cherry G80-1800LPCEU-2, MX Blacks | Cherry G80-1813 (Dolch), MX Blues | Unicomp M-122, ANSI-modded | Unicomp M-122 (Unsaver mod in progress) | 2x Unitek K-258, White Alps | Apple boards (IIGS, AEKII) | Varmilo VA87MR, Gateron Blacks | Filco Zero TKL, Fukka White Alps | Planck, Gateron Browns | Monarch, click-modded Cream Alps

Offline MEEPhouse

« Reply #512 on: Tue, 29 September 2015, 22:51:12 »
Just placed my order for 90 x 65g Tactile Switches! Look forward to receiving  :D
« Last Edit: Tue, 29 September 2015, 22:54:00 by MEEPhouse »

Offline thaddeus

« Reply #513 on: Tue, 29 September 2015, 23:43:45 »

GON has everything to build your board, stabs, resistors, diodes, leds and so on. The base GON Nerd60 is 55 also, if you do not need the Bluetooth functionality.  Beware that he has a backlog for orders that require some extra assembly. It appears he is delivering on of stock ones.

I pulled up his store this evening...he has it all! $55 seems like a reasonable price -- how does a Bluetooth controller double the price? I'm a bit ignorant. Thanks for the tip.

Offline ideus

• * Exalted Elder
  • Björkö.
« Reply #514 on: Wed, 30 September 2015, 00:23:55 »

I pulled up his store this evening...he has it all! $55 seems like a reasonable price -- how does a Bluetooth controller double the price? I'm a bit ignorant. Thanks for the tip.

Well, I think this discussion does not belong here. Let's concentrate in those nice Zealios, while they are still available.

Offline ideus

• * Exalted Elder
  • Björkö.
« Reply #515 on: Wed, 30 September 2015, 00:38:34 »
In with a modest count order, but I cannot afford not to get some delicious Zealios.

Offline hebbler

« Reply #516 on: Wed, 30 September 2015, 09:41:24 »
Zeal, I dropped you a PM about adding switches to my existing order.  Please let me know if I need to cancel and re-order, or if you can amend my existing order.  Either is fine with me.

Unfortunately it let me send it without a proper subject, so it says (No Subject) ... sorry about that.  :-[

Thanks again for offering these, really looking forward to building a few boards with them.

Offline Zeal

• * Vendor
    • Zeal Generation Inc.
« Reply #517 on: Wed, 30 September 2015, 10:35:01 »
Zeal, I dropped you a PM about adding switches to my existing order.  Please let me know if I need to cancel and re-order, or if you can amend my existing order.  Either is fine with me.

Unfortunately it let me send it without a proper subject, so it says (No Subject) ... sorry about that.  :-[

Thanks again for offering these, really looking forward to building a few boards with them.

Replied. I've cancelled your order so you can place a new one.

In other news, I guess I did a miscalculation on my part when placing the bulk order with Gatern. 62g Purple Zealios weren't doing so hot, so I ordered a lot more 65g and 67g versions. As of this post, there's just shy of 400 62g Purple Zealios left. I've already modified the 62g purp listing so I don't oversell those. 

Gateron has also confirmed that the order is complete, and will be ready to ship on October 8 after the National Day Golden Week holiday.
« Last Edit: Wed, 30 September 2015, 10:37:55 by Zeal »

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #518 on: Wed, 30 September 2015, 10:44:52 »
So is the order deadline still today?

Offline swimmingbird

• * Elevated Elder
  • keyset hoarder
« Reply #519 on: Wed, 30 September 2015, 10:45:27 »

Gateron has also confirmed that the order is complete, and will be ready to ship on October 8 after the National Day Golden Week holiday.

Awesome news

Offline ideus

• * Exalted Elder
  • Björkö.
« Reply #520 on: Wed, 30 September 2015, 10:53:05 »

I just check the order page and it is still active. You could try the link in my signature.

Offline Zeal

• * Vendor
    • Zeal Generation Inc.
« Reply #521 on: Wed, 30 September 2015, 11:17:13 »

I'll extend the order and keep the price the same til Oct 9 (or 12), which is when I would expect the shipment to come in. After that day, prices will be adjusted to $1/switch retail without 4% "pp fee".

Offline ideus

• * Exalted Elder
  • Björkö.
« Reply #522 on: Wed, 30 September 2015, 11:33:20 »

I'll extend the order and keep the price the same til Oct 9 (or 12), which is when I would expect the shipment to come in. After that day, prices will be adjusted to $1/switch retail without 4% "pp fee".

Awesome!

Offline romevi

• Formerly romevi
  • * Exalted Elder
« Reply #523 on: Wed, 30 September 2015, 11:38:16 »

Sweet! Gonna order more than I initially thought, then.  :thumb:

Offline asgeirtj

« Reply #524 on: Wed, 30 September 2015, 12:02:26 »

But did you already send out the switches for the "soft close" of the gb?
Leopold FC900 w/ 67g Purple Zealios - Silver Duck Octagon w/ 62 Purple Zealios

Offline Zeal

• * Vendor
    • Zeal Generation Inc.
« Reply #525 on: Wed, 30 September 2015, 12:12:50 »

But did you already send out the switches for the "soft close" of the gb?

?

Switches will come in early October and I'll work on shipping out everyone's preorders first. Soft close was when I had placed my order with Gateron, and wired them the money. Everyone will get a shipping confirmation email once I start shipping out orders.

Offline StormyMonday

« Reply #526 on: Wed, 30 September 2015, 14:30:12 »

Oh my god Zeal this buy has been so horribly and completely mismanaged. I can't believe you're subjecting us to yet another arduous delay
/s

In all seriousness, I'm amazed at how quickly this has happened, especially considering the unique quality of the order. No problem at all!

Agreed; would Zeal again.  :thumb:

Offline mrflow3r

• T
« Reply #527 on: Wed, 30 September 2015, 20:13:50 »
Joined. First group buy. Got 60 X linear 65g and 60 X tactile 65g. Stars are aligning!

Offline Elrick

• Hype Master
  • Keyboard Orgasmist
« Reply #528 on: Wed, 30 September 2015, 20:43:44 »
Switches will come in early October and I'll work on shipping out everyone's preorders first. Soft close was when I had placed my order with Gateron, and wired them the money. Everyone will get a shipping confirmation email once I start shipping out orders.

Looking forward to these Chief, you have run this quite well and answered everyone's questions with ease.

Nice to see another BunnyLake in the making here, someone to buy from that is 100% trustworthy  :thumb: .

Offline FunkMasterJ

« Reply #529 on: Wed, 30 September 2015, 22:33:26 »
Trying to get an order of 62g but the site says I can only add 7 to my cart. Is there a limit? I couldnt find anything in the thread

Offline ideus

• * Exalted Elder
  • Björkö.
« Reply #530 on: Wed, 30 September 2015, 22:36:08 »
Trying to get an order of 62g but the site says I can only add 7 to my cart. Is there a limit? I couldnt find anything in the thread

It should be an error.

Offline Steezus

• Keeper of Facts
  • * Elevated Elder
« Reply #531 on: Wed, 30 September 2015, 22:39:11 »

In other news, I guess I did a miscalculation on my part when placing the bulk order with Gatern. 62g Purple Zealios weren't doing so hot, so I ordered a lot more 65g and 67g versions. As of this post, there's just shy of 400 62g Purple Zealios left. I've already modified the 62g purp listing so I don't oversell those. 

Offline ideus

• * Exalted Elder
  • Björkö.
« Reply #532 on: Wed, 30 September 2015, 22:43:28 »

Ops! sorry for that Funk.

Offline FunkMasterJ

« Reply #533 on: Wed, 30 September 2015, 22:46:19 »

Thanks I don't know how I missed that. Thats a bummer I guess thats what I get for waiting so long. I'll just have to wait a while until those appear in the store :(
« Last Edit: Wed, 30 September 2015, 22:50:27 by FunkMasterJ »

Offline Zeal

• * Vendor
    • Zeal Generation Inc.
« Reply #534 on: Wed, 30 September 2015, 23:16:24 »

Thanks I don't know how I missed that. Thats a bummer I guess thats what I get for waiting so long. I'll just have to wait a while until those appear in the store :(

There won't be any large quantities of 62gs listed on my store. I did my best to estimate the ratios at which the Zealios would sell at, and obviously underestimated. Maybe there will be a round 2 next year, depending on customer feedback.

I've been saying this a lot, and I'll say it again: if you're going for the 62g ergo clear feel, 65g zealios is where it's at. This is due to the smoothness of the plastic making 62g a bit less tactile feeling. 62g Purple Zealio really feels like a middle ground between a super smooth brown and clear.

Offline FunkMasterJ

« Reply #535 on: Wed, 30 September 2015, 23:33:09 »

There won't be any large quantities of 62gs listed on my store. I did my best to estimate the ratios at which the Zealios would sell at, and obviously underestimated. Maybe there will be a round 2 next year, depending on customer feedback.

I've been saying this a lot, and I'll say it again: if you're going for the 62g ergo clear feel, 65g zealios is where it's at. This is due to the smoothness of the plastic making 62g a bit less tactile feeling. 62g Purple Zealio really feels like a middle ground between a super smooth brown and clear.

Ooooh ok I misunderstood the whole going to a $1 thing in OCT. I thought it would be an ongoing order after a while.

I really love nice worn in browns so I was definitely after the lighter switch with a slightly more pronounced bump than a brown. I debating right now if 65g would be a little too heavy for me personally and just buying an order. I have a bag of 62g springs but IIRC you said they werent the same springs as Spirit

Offline Zeal

• * Vendor
    • Zeal Generation Inc.
« Reply #536 on: Wed, 30 September 2015, 23:37:18 »

Ooooh ok I misunderstood the whole going to a $1 thing in OCT. I thought it would be an ongoing order after a while.

I really love nice worn in browns so I was definitely after the lighter switch with a slightly more pronounced bump than a brown. I debating right now if 65g would be a little too heavy for me personally and just buying an order. I have a bag of 62g springs but IIRC you said they werent the same springs as Spirit

62g gold springs found in Zealios vs the one sprit sells would be very similar. Doubtful that anyone can feel a difference, really. :))

Offline zombimuncha

« Reply #537 on: Thu, 01 October 2015, 00:36:29 »
The original GB period is already over and I'm still confused about spring weights. For comparison, using the same measuring system, what would be the weight of a stock MX Brown spring? And a stock MX Clear spring?

Offline romevi

• Formerly romevi
  • * Exalted Elder
« Reply #538 on: Thu, 01 October 2015, 00:38:30 »
The original GB period is already over and I'm still confused about spring weights. For comparison, using the same measuring system, what would be the weight of a stock MX Brown spring? And a stock MX Clear spring?
It's been extended.

Offline Oobly

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #539 on: Thu, 01 October 2015, 01:03:26 »

You can read more here: https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=46449.0

"Korean" springs are rated to bottom-out. MX doesn't quote their springs ratings, only their switches, and these are rated to actuation, so it differs according to the stem type as well as the spring strength.
Buying more keycaps,
it really hacks my wallet,
but I must have them.

Offline zombimuncha

« Reply #540 on: Thu, 01 October 2015, 01:37:21 »

Show Image

"Korean" springs are rated to bottom-out. MX doesn't quote their springs ratings, only their switches, and these are rated to actuation, so it differs according to the stem type as well as the spring strength.

So all three are pretty similar to MX Brown, and even the 67g is quite a bit lighter than stock MX Clear, yeah?

Offline blai5000

« Reply #541 on: Thu, 01 October 2015, 01:57:30 »

Show Image

So all three are pretty similar to MX Brown, and even the 67g is quite a bit lighter than stock MX Clear, yeah?

Yeah, the springs in Zealios are all lighter than MX Black (and thus are lighter than MX Clear), but they're slightly heavier than MX Brown/Reds.  From Zeal himself:

62g/65g/67g are all a bit heavier than reds, but lighter than blacks.

And as Oobly said, the smoothness of the switch's stem also  affects the required force to bottom out or to actuate.  So a 62g spring might feel heavier in an MX Black by Cherry compared to the same spring being used in the smoother Black by Gateron.

Offline zombimuncha

« Reply #542 on: Thu, 01 October 2015, 05:25:31 »

I saw that but I took it to mean "they're all *somewhere* in between Reds and Blacks", rather than "they're all substantially lighter than Blacks"
Thanks!

I'm still trying to make up my mind if I wanna put these in my FC660M. I don't really use it much now that I bat for Team Alps, and my daily driver is a V80MTS-C. But I did recently put some effort into making GMK-TA caps work on it, (incl front legends!) so it'd be a shame to just sell it. Maybe the Zealios would let it be stronger competition for the V80 in teh feelz department. Not sure I can be bothered with all that soldering tho, especially with no dedicated workspace and a 4-year-old zooming around the house...

Offline Oobly

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #543 on: Thu, 01 October 2015, 07:05:18 »

I saw that but I took it to mean "they're all *somewhere* in between Reds and Blacks", rather than "they're all substantially lighter than Blacks"
Thanks!

I'm still trying to make up my mind if I wanna put these in my FC660M. I don't really use it much now that I bat for Team Alps, and my daily driver is a V80MTS-C. But I did recently put some effort into making GMK-TA caps work on it, (incl front legends!) so it'd be a shame to just sell it. Maybe the Zealios would let it be stronger competition for the V80 in teh feelz department. Not sure I can be bothered with all that soldering tho, especially with no dedicated workspace and a 4-year-old zooming around the house...

I'd say 67g is around halfway between Black and Red spring strength, perhaps a little stronger. Anyway, I reckon 62 to 67g is definitely the sweet spot for MX switches of all types.
Buying more keycaps,
it really hacks my wallet,
but I must have them.

Offline ika

« Reply #544 on: Thu, 01 October 2015, 12:55:29 »
Is there a comparison like that for stock Gateron springs? I did a ghetto switch test last night and I'm fairly certain Gateron Blacks were lighter than Cherry Blacks. Gateron Yellows are also interesting in that they're very slightly lighter than blacks but seem to have less "cushion"; the spring itself for Yellows have fewer coils, which is odd because Blacks themselves have fewer coils than Gat Blues.

Offline Steezus

• Keeper of Facts
  • * Elevated Elder
« Reply #545 on: Thu, 01 October 2015, 13:58:42 »
I'm really digging these Vintage MX Blues w/ Sprit Gold 62g Springs, probably my favorite switch currently. I'm really curious to see how they fare against the 65g Zealios I bought.

Offline asdfjkl36

• blue shirt guy
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • --- Click Clacks and Cats --- -- Cyan > Purple --
« Reply #546 on: Thu, 01 October 2015, 15:27:52 »
Sad.

I got cash now for some switches

But 62g is sold out :|

Is it sold out for pre orders or completely?
As in, do you have stock to sell them at the $1 price?

If so, I'll older some now and then some later

Offline FunkMasterJ

« Reply #547 on: Thu, 01 October 2015, 15:33:02 »
Sad.

I got cash now for some switches

But 62g is sold out :|

Is it sold out for pre orders or completely?
As in, do you have stock to sell them at the $1 price?

If so, I'll older some now and then some later
Nope they are out.  There may be a round 2 one day but for now the option is for 65g or 67g

Offline Dannzzor

« Reply #548 on: Thu, 01 October 2015, 15:44:21 »
Or just wait until the orders go out. I wasn't sure which ones I would want, so I ordered 100 of each. I'll probably get rid of the ones I don't like. I have a feeling I'm going to like the 67s

Offline romevi

• Formerly romevi
  • * Exalted Elder
« Reply #549 on: Thu, 01 October 2015, 15:49:02 »
Or just wait until the orders go out. I wasn't sure which ones I would want, so I ordered 100 of each. I'll probably get rid of the ones I don't like. I have a feeling I'm going to like the 67s

Would you be willing to part with just one 62g? Looking to add it to a switch tester.