Author Topic: [GB] PURPLE/CLEAR ZEALIO SWITCHES (Complete)  (Read 562221 times)

Offline Zeal

• Actually the King of Green Tea Kit-Kats
  • * Vendor
    • Zeal Generation Inc.
Re: [GB] PURPLE/CLEAR ZEALIO SWITCHES HAVE LANDED (1 of 2)
« Reply #650 on: Mon, 12 October 2015, 21:03:46 »
Can't wait! Should I be worried if I haven't gotten a shipping notification for my 65g tactile switches yet?

Printing labels and packing orders take longer than putting them in bags. Notifications will come soon™
        "Bird have wing, bird will fly. Henry had wings.  Henry now fly." -Sent

Offline njbair

• I love the Powerglove. It's so bad.
    • nickbair.net
« Reply #651 on: Mon, 12 October 2015, 21:06:26 »
Can't wait! Should I be worried if I haven't gotten a shipping notification for my 65g tactile switches yet?

Printing labels and packing orders take longer than putting them in bags. Notifications will come soon™
Thanks. Just being paranoid.

Alpine Winter GB | My Personal TMK Firmware Repo
IBM Rubber Band "Floss" Mod | Click Modding Alps 101 | Flame-Polishing Cherry MX Stems
Review: hasu's USB to USB converter
My boards:
More
AEKII 60% | Alps64 HHKB | Ducky Shine 3, MX Blues | IBM Model M #1391401, Nov. 1990 | IBM SSK #1391472, Nov. 1987, screw modded, rubber-band modded | Noppoo EC108-Pro, 45g | Infinity 60% v2 Hacker, Matias Quiet Pros | Infinity 60% v2 Standard, MX Browns | Cherry G80-1800LPCEU-2, MX Blacks | Cherry G80-1813 (Dolch), MX Blues | Unicomp M-122, ANSI-modded | Unicomp M-122 (Unsaver mod in progress) | 2x Unitek K-258, White Alps | Apple boards (IIGS, AEKII) | Varmilo VA87MR, Gateron Blacks | Filco Zero TKL, Fukka White Alps | Planck, Gateron Browns | Monarch, click-modded Cream Alps

Offline steve.v

Offline myotherteeshirt

« Reply #653 on: Tue, 13 October 2015, 00:11:28 »
I call this "find your order" :P (62g and 65g Purple Zealios sorting completed)

Show Image

Show Image

I think, i spy my order!

Offline Elrick

• Hype Master
  • Keyboard Orgasmist
« Reply #654 on: Tue, 13 October 2015, 02:04:16 »

Show Image

Nice! :D :D

its sooo purdy....

Like Yogurt Cases of Perfection, you can gobble them up with such enthusiasm  :D .
« Last Edit: Tue, 13 October 2015, 04:36:52 by Elrick »

Offline SergeantFTC

« Reply #655 on: Tue, 13 October 2015, 10:32:08 »
When do you think the first orders will actually get mailed out?

Offline Zeal

• * Vendor
    • Zeal Generation Inc.
« Reply #656 on: Tue, 13 October 2015, 12:27:56 »

If you got a shipping notification, your orders will go out today. Haven't updated this thread with as much pictures as i wanted, as most quick snaps have been going on instagram :P

Pics!

Canada post int'l mail, Canada post domestic (left, right)

Shipments via DHL (USA/Int'l)

Wall-o-boxes

Recycling switch containers

Offline jbondeson

« Reply #657 on: Tue, 13 October 2015, 12:29:37 »
Later: "Zeal admitted to hospital after being crushed by thousands of boxes of switches"  :eek:

Offline HoffmanMyster

• HOFF, smol MAN OF MYSTERY
  • * Senior Moderator
« Reply #658 on: Tue, 13 October 2015, 12:54:32 »

If you got a shipping notification, your orders will go out today. Haven't updated this thread with as much pictures as i wanted, as most quick snaps have been going on instagram :P

Pics!

Canada post int'l mail, Canada post domestic (left, right)
Show Image

Shipments via DHL (USA/Int'l)
Show Image

Wall-o-boxes
Show Image

Recycling switch containers
Show Image

:O  So clean!  I love it.  :D

Also, this is a huge undertaking, so thank you for your efforts.  I know you run a business and all that so you kind of did this to yourself, but still - much appreciated.  :-*

Offline Zeal

• * Vendor
    • Zeal Generation Inc.
« Reply #659 on: Tue, 13 October 2015, 13:30:01 »
P.S. If you live in the USA and received a shipping notification, DHL will be delivering tomorrow. If you aren't available to sign for the package (this is their default release method), please tape a piece of paper to your door with your tracking # and a little (kind?) note instructing them to leave the package at your door, etc and sign the piece of paper at the bottom. 99% chance they'll leave the package at your doorsteps as instructed, unless they have reasonable grounds to believe it isn't safe to leave the package unattended.
« Last Edit: Tue, 13 October 2015, 13:33:54 by Zeal »

Offline LeandreN

• Mekanisk.co
  • * Vendor
    • Mekanisk
« Reply #660 on: Tue, 13 October 2015, 13:31:55 »
P.S. If you live in the USA and received a shipping notification, DHL will be delivering tomorrow. If you aren't available to sign for the package (this is their default release method), please tape a piece of paper to your door with your tracking # and a little (kind?) note instructing them to leave the package at your door, etc.
:O

Offline VinnyCordeiro

« Reply #661 on: Tue, 13 October 2015, 13:45:27 »
P.S. If you live in the USA and received a shipping notification, DHL will be delivering tomorrow. If you aren't available to sign for the package (this is their default release method), please tape a piece of paper to your door with your tracking # and a little (kind?) note instructing them to leave the package at your door, etc.

If DHL do that here in Brazil, my package will be stolen in 5 minutes or less. Thankfully DHL's Brazilian operation understands that and never let packages alone at the door.

Offline tofgerl

« Reply #662 on: Tue, 13 October 2015, 13:47:42 »
I'm just imagining the thief trying to fence the stuff. "I have no idea, but this receipt says almost a dollar each! Maybe it's drugs...?"

Offline VentureG

« Reply #663 on: Tue, 13 October 2015, 14:02:13 »
P.S. If you live in the USA and received a shipping notification, DHL will be delivering tomorrow. If you aren't available to sign for the package (this is their default release method), please tape a piece of paper to your door with your tracking # and a little (kind?) note instructing them to leave the package at your door, etc and sign the piece of paper at the bottom. 99% chance they'll leave the package at your doorsteps as instructed, unless they have reasonable grounds to believe it isn't safe to leave the package unattended.

Also, you can use DHL-On Demand's form in order to have them deliver it on a specific day where you can sign for it, or you can authorize them to leave it without signature under the "Schedule" Option. http://www.simplydhl.com/ondemand

Offline Zeal

• * Vendor
    • Zeal Generation Inc.
« Reply #664 on: Tue, 13 October 2015, 14:03:36 »

If DHL do that here in Brazil, my package will be stolen in 5 minutes or less. Thankfully DHL's Brazilian operation understands that and never let packages alone at the door.

Well, that's why their policy is signature required for all parcels delivered unless instructed otherwise by the shipper or recipient. :P If either party requests for no signature required, then they will not be liable for lost/stolen packages.

I'm just imagining the thief trying to fence the stuff. "I have no idea, but this receipt says almost a dollar each! Maybe it's drugs...?"

No receipt inside the packages. :P

Offline ntitco1

« Reply #665 on: Tue, 13 October 2015, 14:15:25 »

Hehe, we do call it "plastic drugs" in Vietnam Mechkey group :P

Offline Elrick

• Hype Master
  • Keyboard Orgasmist
« Reply #666 on: Tue, 13 October 2015, 19:19:09 »
No receipt inside the packages. :p

Above all else, when shipping anything around the WORLD today - NEVER supply any type of receipt for fear of the Customs Scum grabbing your shipment to extort extra money off the poor recipient.

If you want to be a LOVED Seller here on Geekhack, do the right thing for the customer every time  8) .

Offline tofgerl

« Reply #667 on: Tue, 13 October 2015, 19:26:00 »
You realise of course that the customs can hold the package until a receipt is supplied?

Offline ideus

• * Exalted Elder
  • Björkö.
« Reply #668 on: Tue, 13 October 2015, 19:34:15 »
You realise of course that the customs can hold the package until a receipt is supplied?

This is true, at the end they have many ways to make us to pay the duties.

Offline VinnyCordeiro

« Reply #669 on: Tue, 13 October 2015, 19:48:51 »

Brazilian custom's agents have the authority to assign a value for any given item if they do not come with a receipt (or if the supplied receipt value is deemed too low). Usually it is outrageous.

Offline Zeal

• * Vendor
    • Zeal Generation Inc.
« Reply #670 on: Tue, 13 October 2015, 20:07:28 »

Brazilian custom's agents have the authority to assign a value for any given item if they do not come with a receipt (or if the supplied receipt value is deemed too low). Usually it is outrageous.

A small white box with no branding is the least eye-catching item that gets processed. Even then, if your order was shipped via DHL, chances are they don't even look at the boxes as everything is automatically cleared in bulk (no invoices are attached to the parcel as it's all uploaded online). Plus, they have their own customs broker that are busy attaching COD orange papers to shipments. Those guys literally just look at whatever declared value and charge accordingly :P

Speaking of DHL, part 2 of 2 have landed. 14 boxes totaling 93kg! Pricing has been adjusted to $1/ea. 4% tax/pp fee at checkout has been removed

Linear Zealios weren't too popular which is a shame :( but they definitely look like crystals! Super dreamy and warm toned :-*

« Last Edit: Tue, 13 October 2015, 20:22:39 by Zeal »

Offline VinnyCordeiro

« Reply #671 on: Tue, 13 October 2015, 20:22:05 »
A small white box with no branding is the least eye-catching item that gets processed. Even then, if your order was shipped via DHL, chances are they don't even look at the boxes as everything is automatically cleared in bulk (no invoices are attached to the parcel as it's all uploaded online). Plus, they have their own customs broker that are busy attaching COD orange papers to shipments. Those guys literally just look at whatever declared value and charge accordingly :P

Not here in Brazil, if the package is sent by a company. If it is sent by a person everything is fine, though.

And HYPED by the switches! :D

Offline Sed8op8

• * Exquisite Elder
  • Keyboard Padawan
« Reply #672 on: Tue, 13 October 2015, 20:27:40 »

Speaking of DHL, part 2 of 2 have landed. 14 boxes totaling 93kg! Pricing has been adjusted to $1/ea. 4% tax/pp fee at checkout has been removed
Show Image

Linear Zealios weren't too popular, but they definitely look like crystals! Super dreamy and warm  :-*
Show Image

there has only been a handful of reviews with no one really getting there hands on a decent amount(enough to full whole boards) so I believe anyone who loved gateron blacks and is planning on modding and backlighting them will be in love with these in the end they will save money and most likely not have to lube them! 

Once people have these and start building with them and the whole mob mentality foaming at the mouth for the new board swagger and the Reddit boards start lighting up with posts reviews and build logs  im hoping they sell like freaking hotcakes so we can keep a steady flow of these available to this community  :thumb:
Looking for Black KMAC 2 or KMAC LE Preferably unbuilt kit but will consider an assembled board with clears Please PM me if you can help 8) Always on the lookout for KBK/KWK Bro Reapers,V2s and Clack factory skulls have lots of caps for trade

Offline romevi

• Formerly romevi
  • * Exalted Elder
Re: [GB] PURPLE/CLEAR ZEALIO SWITCHES (Shipping/Sorting)
« Reply #673 on: Tue, 13 October 2015, 20:34:43 »

A small white box with no branding is the least eye-catching item that gets processed. Even then, if your order was shipped via DHL, chances are they don't even look at the boxes as everything is automatically cleared in bulk (no invoices are attached to the parcel as it's all uploaded online). Plus, they have their own customs broker that are busy attaching COD orange papers to shipments. Those guys literally just look at whatever declared value and charge accordingly

Show Image

Linear Zealios weren't too popular which is a shame :( but they definitely look like crystals! Super dreamy and warm toned :-*
Show Image

I'm assuming it's because the purple is a whole new switch that standardizes a favorite custom, whereas a clear can be a pumped-up Gateron Black.

Im definitely going to order a set of 67g Clears for a future board.

Offline KaminKevCrew

« Reply #674 on: Tue, 13 October 2015, 20:36:24 »
Does anyone know what the "early" order numbers are?

I have order number 1622, but I'm pretty sure I ordered the day these were available. (I assume that the order numbering is concatenated over the entire history of the site, so I'm wondering when I might be able to hope for some of these wonderful little beauties!!!)

Offline Zeal

• * Vendor
    • Zeal Generation Inc.
« Reply #675 on: Tue, 13 October 2015, 20:47:34 »

I have order number 1622, but I'm pretty sure I ordered the day these were available. (I assume that the order numbering is concatenated over the entire history of the site, so I'm wondering when I might be able to hope for some of these wonderful little beauties!!!)

Started at 1601. Your order hasn't gone out yet because I was waiting for 67g Purple Zealios to come in today. :P Will be packing and shipping accordingly.

Offline ideus

• * Exalted Elder
  • Björkö.
« Reply #676 on: Tue, 13 October 2015, 21:23:24 »
Zeal needs a lot of time to work on sorting and shipping orders, let's he work on that, and avoid PMing him, or posting here asking for information.

Be patient.

Offline KaminKevCrew

« Reply #677 on: Tue, 13 October 2015, 22:17:58 »

Started at 1601. Your order hasn't gone out yet because I was waiting for 67g Purple Zealios to come in today. :P Will be packing and shipping accordingly.

Thanks for letting me know, and sorry to distract you from packing, etc.

I need a PCB now... :( Maybe I'll just get a Sprit from mechanical keyboards for now, and get a GON for later...

Offline Elrick

• Hype Master
  • Keyboard Orgasmist
« Reply #678 on: Tue, 13 October 2015, 22:23:29 »
Started at 1601. Your order hasn't gone out yet because I was waiting for 67g Purple Zealios to come in today. :p Will be packing and shipping accordingly.

LOVE it immensely because the 67g Purples are coming down the line.

Can't wait for these because it's the first time I have bought non-Cherry based switches and these look good enough for a Kmac Mini to use.

Offline jbondeson

« Reply #679 on: Wed, 14 October 2015, 10:29:29 »
Zealios have landed in Colorado!

Offline ideus

• * Exalted Elder
  • Björkö.
« Reply #680 on: Wed, 14 October 2015, 10:31:45 »

Pictures, or it never happens.

Offline jbondeson

« Reply #681 on: Wed, 14 October 2015, 10:37:00 »

Offline ideus

• * Exalted Elder
  • Björkö.
« Reply #682 on: Wed, 14 October 2015, 10:49:43 »

Show Image

Nice bag! Now get your soldering gun and a PCB, and go get fun. Happy DIY.

Offline jbondeson

« Reply #683 on: Wed, 14 October 2015, 10:51:09 »

My QFR is sitting on my bench half desoldered. Lunch will be spent finishing the deed!  :cool:

Offline absyrd

• CPT HYPE PADAWAN
« Reply #684 on: Wed, 14 October 2015, 10:53:03 »
Well done on this GB from initial thought to completion. Even down to posting individual sorting, bagging, boxing, etc.
My wife I a also push her button . But now she have her button push by a different men. So I buy a keyboard a mechanicale, she a reliable like a Fiat.

Offline heedpantsnow

• * Esteemed Elder
  • Old enough to know better
« Reply #685 on: Wed, 14 October 2015, 11:00:24 »

Well done on this GB from initial thought to completion. Even down to posting individual sorting, bagging, boxing, etc.

+1 very professional and impressive, even more so considering you're a one-man show.

Zeal, any update on the lube?  I think that's holding up my order :-(
I'm back.

Espresso machine overhaul: https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=78261.0

Carbon Fiber keyboard base: https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=54825

Offline jbondeson

« Reply #686 on: Wed, 14 October 2015, 11:04:25 »

Very, very much so.

Take notes ladies and gents, this is how you run a very successful buy. Lots of communication, no surprises, and an amazing product.

Offline ideus

• * Exalted Elder
  • Björkö.
« Reply #687 on: Wed, 14 October 2015, 11:07:10 »

My QFR is sitting on my bench half desoldered. Lunch will be spent finishing the deed!  8)

Good boy.

And here we have again our impatient colleagues requiring information...  :)) :)) :))

Offline uJalled

• Shrimp cracker enthusiast
« Reply #688 on: Wed, 14 October 2015, 11:14:45 »
Zealous have landed successfully in Philly!

Offline Skuloth

« Reply #689 on: Wed, 14 October 2015, 11:18:43 »
Just got 250 of them in Rochester NY :D
Planck w/ Zealios

Offline icyskyz

« Reply #690 on: Wed, 14 October 2015, 11:21:40 »
wow everyone is getting their zealios! niceeee!
My collections - flickr | HWS Keyng Collector |

Offline Zeal

• * Vendor
    • Zeal Generation Inc.
« Reply #691 on: Wed, 14 October 2015, 11:23:23 »

Show Image

Yeeeeeeeeee First unboxing pic!

Thanks for your kind words! Wouldn't have been possible without the community<3

+1 very professional and impressive, even more so considering you're a one-man show.

Zeal, any update on the lube?  I think that's holding up my order :-(

Ming just shipped out half of my lube order today, should arrive sometime next week.

Very, very much so.

Take notes ladies and gents, this is how you run a very successful buy. Lots of communication, no surprises, and an amazing product.

:D <3

Zealous have landed successfully in Philly!

Yeeeeeeeeeee!

Just got 250 of them in Rochester NY :D

Need more unboxing pics in here!

Offline LeandreN

• Mekanisk.co
  • * Vendor
    • Mekanisk
« Reply #692 on: Wed, 14 October 2015, 11:25:55 »
Agree with Zeal. Unboxing pics please.

Offline ideus

• * Exalted Elder
  • Björkö.
« Reply #693 on: Wed, 14 October 2015, 11:30:01 »

Not yet, but I know these switches will be my favorite ones, all around.

Offline icyskyz

« Reply #694 on: Wed, 14 October 2015, 11:32:45 »

Not yet, but I know these switches will be my favorite ones, all around.
I agree! I can already tell it is going to be my favorite as well with only that transparent housing and purple stem! :)
My collections - flickr | HWS Keyng Collector |

Offline Skuloth

« Reply #695 on: Wed, 14 October 2015, 11:33:38 »
Here's another pic for everyone.

I made a small mess on my desk

Planck w/ Zealios

Offline n0rvig

« Reply #696 on: Wed, 14 October 2015, 11:46:19 »
I can almost feel the Zealios! They are so close!

Offline krbuck

« Reply #697 on: Wed, 14 October 2015, 12:23:17 »
Got mine today. I'll spare you the pic I posted already in the "what did you get in the mail" thread.

POK3R - Brown Cherry MX

Offline uJalled

• Shrimp cracker enthusiast
« Reply #698 on: Wed, 14 October 2015, 12:54:45 »
Yay unboxing pics!!

113715-0

Offline jbondeson

« Reply #699 on: Wed, 14 October 2015, 13:43:06 »
Who needs to eat at lunch?  :-X

Happiest Little QFR on the Block