Author Topic: [GB] PURPLE/CLEAR ZEALIO SWITCHES (Complete)  (Read 562182 times)

Offline ideus

• * Exalted Elder
  • Björkö.
Re: [GB] PURPLE/CLEAR ZEALIO SWITCHES (Shipping)
« Reply #950 on: Mon, 26 October 2015, 08:23:29 »
I got my shipping notice this morning, thank you Zeal.

Offline Xonar

• Cathode Ray Tubes
    • DPS
« Reply #951 on: Mon, 26 October 2015, 08:43:31 »
2083 here, got my shipping notice today as well. Thanks Zeal, can't wait for them to arrive!
IBM Model F XT 5291 Bigfoot x2 | Unicomp UN4KPHA JP Spacesaver M | IBM Model M 3270 APL 122-Key | SHARP X68000 | SGI AT-101 | Samsung TH-5539 FAME Blue Alps | IBM Japanese Pingmaster | HHKB Type-S | IBM Model M 1392595, 6/4/1990 | IBM Model M 1391401, 2/2/1988 | Lexmark-branded 1398601 Model M, 8/18/1995 | Unicomp UB40T5A 122-Key, 5/20/2011 | Sun Type 4 | Sun Type 5c | DEC LK-401AA

Offline jerue

• (Whenever that happens :P)
  • * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #952 on: Mon, 26 October 2015, 08:48:16 »
DHL expedited my delivery to today  :eek:

A blessing in disguise that I was late for work so I could tape a release notice to my door, notification came at 8:09 and I normally leave much earlier lol

DHL just lyin' tho. Guess I'll have it this week. I hear they like to hold stuff if it arrives earlier than expected  :rolleyes:
« Last Edit: Mon, 26 October 2015, 21:33:58 by jerue »

Offline inanis

• Truly Literally The Cloud
  • * Destiny Supporter
    • SEALWoodworking
« Reply #953 on: Mon, 26 October 2015, 09:15:08 »
My order is #1796, and I haven't received a shipping notification yet. I'm guessing this is because I also ordered a cable with it. Is that correct?
Some hearts are gallows, I'm not here for hangin' around

Offline theanyday

• love love love
« Reply #954 on: Mon, 26 October 2015, 09:27:27 »
Got my shipping notice as well! Too excited hopefully they don't too long to make their way to me!  :thumb:
MIRA SE | White Fox w/ 67g Zealios | POK3R w/ Blues | K70 w/ Browns | Planck w/ Greens | NovaTouch TKL

Offline hamilton

« Reply #955 on: Mon, 26 October 2015, 10:39:27 »
My order is #1796, and I haven't received a shipping notification yet. I'm guessing this is because I also ordered a cable with it. Is that correct?

Waiting on #1991 and I ordered a cable as well

Offline katushkin

• Too Keycool for School
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Just the guy
« Reply #956 on: Mon, 26 October 2015, 12:23:13 »
I'm 1617 but I only got my shipping notification on Friday because I ordered lube as well.
Can we get them to build the Alps ten feet higher and get Cherry to pay for it?
Katushkin's Clearout | Twitter | Steam | Instagram| Discord - katushkin

Offline Doobalicious

« Reply #957 on: Mon, 26 October 2015, 12:28:27 »
#2109 here and received shipping notification earlier today ;D

Offline Zeal

• Actually the King of Green Tea Kit-Kats
  • * Vendor
    • Zeal Generation Inc.
« Reply #958 on: Mon, 26 October 2015, 12:31:33 »
Hey guys, I didn't forget about any of your orders. I haven't been able to finish all the cables ordered (only about a third done), but will be working on them these following days. I just spent 12 hours straight on Sunday packing/shipping til 3am and finished about 150 boxes.

Orders with Spring Lube will be delayed a bit as I'm waiting on Mkawa to ship me the remaining batch of vials. Cables will also be slightly delayed, but hopefully done by this week.
        "Bird have wing, bird will fly. Henry had wings.  Henry now fly." -Sent

Offline romevi

• Formerly romevi
  • * Exalted Elder
« Reply #959 on: Mon, 26 October 2015, 12:42:12 »
Hey guys, I didn't forget about any of your orders. I haven't been able to finish all the cables ordered (only about a third done), but will be working on them these following days. I just spent 12 hours straight on Sunday packing/shipping til 3am and finished about 150 boxes.

Orders with Spring Lube will be delayed a bit as I'm waiting on Mkawa to ship me the remaining batch of vials. Cables will also be slightly delayed, but hopefully done by this week.

:thumb:

Also, you have pretty much all the switches, right? I think all I have ordered is enough Purple 65g switches to cover a TKL, and then one of the other switches.

Offline ccc24

• HHKB , Ergodox
« Reply #960 on: Mon, 26 October 2015, 12:45:16 »

I actually ordered another batch of purple 67g switches after the GB ended at the new price, so I was wondering what are the status on those orders are?

Thanks for the great customer support.

Offline Zeal

• * Vendor
    • Zeal Generation Inc.
« Reply #961 on: Mon, 26 October 2015, 12:50:39 »

Also, you have pretty much all the switches, right? I think all I have ordered is enough Purple 65g switches to cover a TKL, and then one of the other switches.

Yeah, I have all switches in stock except for 62g purple Zealios.

I actually ordered another batch of purple 67g switches after the GB ended at the new price, so I was wondering what are the status on those orders are?

Thanks for the great customer support.

I'll try to complete those orders today/tomorrow,

Offline enddot

« Reply #962 on: Mon, 26 October 2015, 12:51:11 »

Thank you for all your hard work.

Offline wilarseny

« Reply #963 on: Mon, 26 October 2015, 13:44:38 »

Out of curiosity, know when those'll be in? I was in the buy for 67g and like em a lot, want to try out the 62g now.

Offline scoobs0311

« Reply #964 on: Mon, 26 October 2015, 14:40:51 »
thanks so much for all the hard work you put into this Zeal! I'm #2115 and got my notice today!! super stoked!

Offline Zeal

• * Vendor
    • Zeal Generation Inc.
« Reply #965 on: Mon, 26 October 2015, 15:00:50 »

Out of curiosity, know when those'll be in? I was in the buy for 67g and like em a lot, want to try out the 62g now.

No set date. It'll happen whenever I do a restock.

Offline suicidal_orange

• * Global Moderator
« Reply #966 on: Mon, 26 October 2015, 15:41:16 »
thanks so much for all the hard work you put into this Zeal! I'm #2115 and got my notice today!! super stoked!

I'm #2135, thought it'd be a while yet but seems it won't be long - thanks for posting!  [edit:] just got a shipping notice :D[/edit]

What are you planning to do with yours scoobs?

Thanks for giving up another weekend for the cause Zeal, I hope you're not getting sick of looking at these pretty switches :)
« Last Edit: Mon, 26 October 2015, 16:31:03 by suicidal_orange »
120/100g linear Zealio R1  
GMK Hyperfuse
'Split everything' perfection  
MX Clear
SA Hack'd by Geeks     
EasyAVR mod

Offline quake4mhg

« Reply #967 on: Mon, 26 October 2015, 15:47:49 »
Local pickup.
Office full of switches, keyboard accessories & modding tools, let me try many other switch samples, friendly keyboard chat (I learn alot),
wanna hang longer, but don't wanna disturb his work :p
Awesome keyboard enthusiasts!
So lucky to meet Zeal, and I can pickup everything locally from now :D

« Last Edit: Mon, 26 October 2015, 15:51:22 by quake4mhg »

Offline ntitco1

« Reply #968 on: Mon, 26 October 2015, 17:13:01 »
Got my shipping notification  ;D Thanks Zeal for all the great work  :-*

Offline theginginator

« Reply #969 on: Mon, 26 October 2015, 17:36:19 »
Recieved one of my shipments and just got 2 shipping notifications for the other 2 orders I placed, now I have to get the parts for a full size board, 2 60% boards, and a Planck, going to be a lot of soldering...

Offline RenegadeParadox

« Reply #970 on: Mon, 26 October 2015, 17:43:33 »
Got my shipping info email today...or well 3 of them. Either way I'm super excited to get these purple beauties in hand. I'm order # 2114 for anyone still waiting wondering what number they have gotten up to. 

Offline blai5000

« Reply #971 on: Mon, 26 October 2015, 18:35:01 »
Got my notification today, order #2047!

Offline SuperBo

« Reply #972 on: Mon, 26 October 2015, 19:45:25 »
Interesting mod, Oobly. You're always tinkering with switches. :)) I don't have SA caps, so I can't comment in that regard.
As for the slight grinding you sometimes feel while bottoming out -- I've only been able to replicate it when pushing the stem against the "Gateron" logo while applying a diagonal downwards force. From what I feel, it seems like it's from the metal leaf touching the sidewall of the top of the stem, after the bump. If pressing the switch directly up and down, the switch leaf doesn't rub against the side wall which resulted in no grinding feel around the last 0.5mm (or less) of travel. Adding some thick lube where the top of the leg meets the top of the stem helped greatly reduce/remove the grinding feel.

Can you show exactly place I have to put the thick lube by image. Thank you!

Offline wilarseny

« Reply #973 on: Mon, 26 October 2015, 21:32:54 »
Edit: I'm an idiot, pls ignore

Offline myotherteeshirt

« Reply #974 on: Mon, 26 October 2015, 22:42:20 »
Zeal sent me my order number as my tracking number. Tsk. 2/10 would not bang (again).

...j/k i'm just salty that i don't have these zealios in my grubby paws yet. C'mon fedex!

Offline Zeal

• * Vendor
    • Zeal Generation Inc.
« Reply #975 on: Mon, 26 October 2015, 23:16:04 »
Zeal sent me my order number as my tracking number. Tsk. 2/10 would not bang (again).

...j/k i'm just salty that i don't have these zealios in my grubby paws yet. C'mon fedex!

That was on purpose...Accidentally ticked the "do not send customer a shipping confirmation email" on one of my orders, so I had to backtrack about 4-5 orders and put in an order number in order to "update" it with the proper tracking number.

And..it's DHL, not Fedex :P

btw, this is what 150 packed boxes looks like
« Last Edit: Mon, 26 October 2015, 23:20:58 by Zeal »

Offline danringm

« Reply #976 on: Mon, 26 October 2015, 23:33:32 »
#2123, 67g switches shipping to arrive wednesday  ;D

Offline Parod

« Reply #977 on: Tue, 27 October 2015, 00:01:22 »
A couple of my switches actuate just a hair short of touching them. All I did was open them up and add an LED inside, what could I have messed up to cause this?

A few of mine do this as well (and I didn't even open them)... It's only when I push forwards on them, however.

Unfortunately, and also fortunately, that means I get to open my board up again :-\

Offline Parod

« Reply #978 on: Tue, 27 October 2015, 00:31:14 »
Speaking of which...

Here's my first ever custom build, which I figured zealios would be perfect for. I finally got the TMK stuff to work!

(Please excuse the crappy pics.....)

Right now I'm just using kraps from SP. Apologies to JDC for stealing the layout ;)
« Last Edit: Tue, 27 October 2015, 00:33:01 by Parod »

Offline myotherteeshirt

« Reply #979 on: Tue, 27 October 2015, 00:37:16 »

That was on purpose...Accidentally ticked the "do not send customer a shipping confirmation email" on one of my orders, so I had to backtrack about 4-5 orders and put in an order number in order to "update" it with the proper tracking number.

And..it's DHL, not Fedex :P

More
Show Image

Well that would explain why aftership is not updating. Scheduled to arrive friday!

Offline ideus

• * Exalted Elder
  • Björkö.
« Reply #980 on: Tue, 27 October 2015, 00:43:20 »

And..it's DHL, not Fedex :p

Show Image

And the space for the switch in the middle was just so cleaver.

:p

Offline graefeln

« Reply #981 on: Tue, 27 October 2015, 14:25:03 »
My switches arrived today - thanks Zeal. Now to get everything set (change a couple springs, lube, sip sockets) and get it all soldered before Hyperfuse arrives tomorrow!

Offline diqkiq

« Reply #982 on: Tue, 27 October 2015, 14:35:59 »
I got my first order. The bump is good.
Filco Majestouch TKL, Noppoo Choc Mini, Realforce 87 55g, Model M TKL, Ducky Shine 3 TKL, KC60, Planck.

Offline Aengus

« Reply #983 on: Tue, 27 October 2015, 15:17:54 »
Speaking of which...

Here's my first ever custom build, which I figured zealios would be perfect for. I finally got the TMK stuff to work!

(Please excuse the crappy pics.....)

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Right now I'm just using kraps from SP. Apologies to JDC for stealing the layout ;)

Awesome! Looks great I am still deciding if I am ready to try and attempt my first build.  I know Zeal mentioned possibly making a PCB down the road for a GB or something.  Is that a definite?

Offline romevi

• Formerly romevi
  • * Exalted Elder
« Reply #984 on: Tue, 27 October 2015, 15:21:18 »
Got mine! Holy wow, the bump is real.

Thank you so much, Zeal. This is one of, if not the, best mass-GBs I've been a part of. Next stop is getting these over to have them installed on my Jane.

Offline RenegadeParadox

« Reply #985 on: Tue, 27 October 2015, 16:21:46 »
Just opened my package; for some reason I expected a much larger box though this is the 1st time I bought switches. Man that BUMP is so real, can't wait to get them into a board. Unfortunately my BINGE cap was missing which I'm sure it was just an oversight :p. 10/10 for these keyswitches.

Offline strict

• TKL Zealot
« Reply #986 on: Tue, 27 October 2015, 16:33:51 »
Arrived a day earlier than expected! Initial impression: these things are ridiculously smooth! Building an ANSI150 Phantom with them as I type this.

Realforce EK45 (Silenced)  |  Realforce 87UW (45g)  |  Realforce 87UWS (Variable)
Filco MJ2 TKL (Cherry Clears)  |  Phantom 87 (78g Gateron Clears)  |  Phantom 86 (67g Zealios)

Offline filphil

• One day I hope to find a love like JD and Turk
« Reply #987 on: Tue, 27 October 2015, 16:55:22 »
My switches and lube package came in today.  Was expecting it tomorrow so I soldered up my JANE already with old/vintage ergo clears.  Ooh well.  There's always the next board for the zeals!

Offline trenzafeeds

• * Exquisite Elder
  • **** off
« Reply #988 on: Tue, 27 October 2015, 18:28:09 »
My switches and lube package came in today.  Was expecting it tomorrow so I soldered up my JANE already with old/vintage ergo clears.  Ooh well.  There's always the next board for the zeals!
You ordered the lube and you got it today?
demik will never leave.

Unless he gets banned.

Offline Zeal

• * Vendor
    • Zeal Generation Inc.
« Reply #989 on: Tue, 27 October 2015, 18:40:06 »
Got an update re: spring lube. Mkawa will be shipping out the spring lube package by the end of the week, so I should be receiving the package first/second week of November. Once I get those vials in, orders with spring lube will be shipped out asap.

Offline Kerpadge

« Reply #990 on: Tue, 27 October 2015, 19:10:44 »

Show Image

I can't say enough how much I appreciate all the work you're putting into this, Zeal. My switches arrived today, and I'm loving them! I can't wait to get them on a board to enjoy.

Offline ImBZppl

« Reply #991 on: Tue, 27 October 2015, 20:31:29 »
My fingers were like jelly testing one of the switches that arrived today. I would totally get more if i use them up.

Offline strict

• TKL Zealot
« Reply #992 on: Tue, 27 October 2015, 20:48:12 »
Making progress! These switches are obscenely smooth, seemed only fitting I broke out the black PCB Phantom for something so nice.

Realforce EK45 (Silenced)  |  Realforce 87UW (45g)  |  Realforce 87UWS (Variable)
Filco MJ2 TKL (Cherry Clears)  |  Phantom 87 (78g Gateron Clears)  |  Phantom 86 (67g Zealios)

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #993 on: Tue, 27 October 2015, 20:58:40 »
Got mine today DHL is amazing.

They're cool and all but I think I'm just not that picky.

Offline Zorox

• Tactile FTW <3
« Reply #994 on: Wed, 28 October 2015, 02:30:25 »
got mine today too, the switches are so impressive, bump and smooth as I awaited. Thanks for the GB and your efforts :)

Cheers!

May the 62g tactile Force be with you.

Offline asdfjkl36

• blue shirt guy
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • --- Click Clacks and Cats --- -- Cyan > Purple --
« Reply #995 on: Wed, 28 October 2015, 02:59:24 »
Got mine today.

Pretty nice.

Offline trenzafeeds

• * Exquisite Elder
  • **** off
« Reply #996 on: Wed, 28 October 2015, 05:56:10 »
Got an update re: spring lube. Mkawa will be shipping out the spring lube package by the end of the week, so I should be receiving the package first/second week of November. Once I get those vials in, orders with spring lube will be shipped out asap.

Oh good
demik will never leave.

Unless he gets banned.

Offline baldgye

• Will Smith Disciple
« Reply #997 on: Wed, 28 October 2015, 06:01:17 »
Got my shipping notification!
Have to say Zeal thanks so much for making this buy so easy and straightforward. I came in at the end when all was largely said and done and yet had no issue placing my order and knowing exactly the state of things. I really hope you continue to do more GB's as this was a pleasure to be apart of, despite bearly being apart of it ^^

Offline graefeln

« Reply #998 on: Wed, 28 October 2015, 08:11:48 »
Got my shipping notification!
Have to say Zeal thanks so much for making this buy so easy and straightforward. I came in at the end when all was largely said and done and yet had no issue placing my order and knowing exactly the state of things. I really hope you continue to do more GB's as this was a pleasure to be apart of, despite bearly being apart of it ^^

I have to say, part of the reason I jumped on this buy was because Zeal was running it. I ordered my Sprit stuff through his site last year and thought he handled everything REALLY well - even when people were complaining about the way Sprit was handling it. I wouldn't hesitate to order anything from Zeal.

Offline petrock

« Reply #999 on: Wed, 28 October 2015, 10:17:42 »
I got my package yesterday! The switches are fantastic! Thanks Zeal!