Author Topic: [IC] GMK Phosphorous — Group Buy is live!  (Read 86138 times)

Offline piit79

Re: [IC] GMK Phosphorous (GB starts October 4; RAMA M60-A Renders Added)
« Reply #200 on: Mon, 09 September 2019, 03:40:26 »
Wow do they compress those avatars... any tips on how to make them look better?
Nice logo

By the way, any chance you could add R1 1u Backspace to the 40s/Ortho kit for full Preonic support?

I also enjoy accented Enter keys on my ortho boards, but I realize there are way too many Enters in the kit to make this feasible.

Offline Moridin

• Infinite Diaries
« Reply #201 on: Mon, 09 September 2019, 05:21:25 »
Wow do they compress those avatars... any tips on how to make them look better?
Nice logo

By the way, any chance you could add R1 1u Backspace to the 40s/Ortho kit for full Preonic support?

I also enjoy accented Enter keys on my ortho boards, but I realize there are way too many Enters in the kit to make this feasible.

Too late for that sorry. 😞

Offline piit79

« Reply #202 on: Mon, 09 September 2019, 05:25:10 »

Too late for that sorry.

No worries. Fortunately you included the two neutral R1 1u "dot" keys in the base kit, that will be a good substitute.

Offline geewiz

« Reply #203 on: Mon, 09 September 2019, 05:51:52 »
(I guess my question isn't specific to this set.) Are stepped Caps Lock keys in these GMK sets generally centre-stem or off-centre?

Offline Moridin

• Infinite Diaries
« Reply #204 on: Mon, 09 September 2019, 05:54:01 »
(I guess my question isn't specific to this set.) Are stepped Caps Lock keys in these GMK sets generally centre-stem or off-centre?

I don’t believe I’ve seen a centre-stem stepped Caps Lock... so off-centre. Perhaps there are exceptions.

Offline ideus

• * Exalted Elder
  • Björkö.
« Reply #205 on: Mon, 09 September 2019, 07:57:31 »

I don’t believe I’ve seen a centre-stem stepped Caps Lock... so off-centre. Perhaps there are exceptions.
There were some centered-stem stepped caps lock made by SP. I have not seen any in years though. I even think that I had one at some point. I should put it in something that I sold already.

Offline SnFoil

« Reply #206 on: Tue, 10 September 2019, 00:26:08 »
This set looks really clean! Looking forward to joining the GB.

Offline Moridin

• Infinite Diaries
« Reply #207 on: Tue, 10 September 2019, 03:14:27 »
This set looks really clean! Looking forward to joining the GB.

Thanks! ☺️

Offline geewiz

« Reply #208 on: Tue, 10 September 2019, 11:16:16 »
I'm amazed that the base kit actually covers all the specialties of my MX80-11900, with the exception of the space bar. I'm definitely in.

Offline ideus

• * Exalted Elder
  • Björkö.
« Reply #209 on: Tue, 10 September 2019, 12:10:22 »
I love the P. It is like an artisan cap that has its own dedicated spot in every layout. I also like that it features a Norde-UK kit, that I personally need.
I need both the base and the Norde kits. If I order both and the Norde does not reach MoQ, could I cancel the order for the base? Just wondering.

Offline eskimojo

• KeycapLendar
« Reply #210 on: Tue, 10 September 2019, 14:01:26 »
I love the P. It is like an artisan cap that has its own dedicated spot in every layout. I also like that it features a Norde-UK kit, that I personally need.
I need both the base and the Norde kits. If I order both and the Norde does not reach MoQ, could I cancel the order for the base? Just wondering.

Vendors do tend to contact you if one of your kits doesn't reach MOQ to confirm whether you'd like to just refund that kit or cancel the order (mykeyboard.eu definitely do).

Offline Coloured

« Reply #211 on: Wed, 11 September 2019, 10:20:25 »
I wish I could just buy the Phosphorus key, ahha! (Rama one is nice, but I would love a normal key too) I have a feeling I'll probably end up picking up a base kit anyways.

Offline ideus

• * Exalted Elder
  • Björkö.
« Reply #212 on: Wed, 11 September 2019, 11:32:46 »
Someone should run a GB for C and P in classic colors and their original set color. I'd buy 2/3 each to dress my sets up.

Offline Moridin

• Infinite Diaries
Re: [IC] GMK Phosphorous (GB starts October 4; NEW KIT RENDERS)
« Reply #213 on: Tue, 24 September 2019, 04:28:10 »
New Think6.5° Renders in Tiffany Teal and Black PC!

226930-0
226932-1
226934-2

226936-3
226938-4
226940-5
« Last Edit: Thu, 26 September 2019, 02:46:31 by Moridin »

Offline clickfish

« Reply #214 on: Tue, 24 September 2019, 18:45:21 »
I love this beautiful set and can't wait to get in on the GB!

- Steve

Offline nasp

• * Vendor
« Reply #215 on: Wed, 25 September 2019, 02:12:30 »
Noticed there is a ("') key in the 40's kit - Quarks. Why? That key is already n the base kit.

I'd love to see that key removed since 40's users don't need an extra one, and it replaced with a r3, 1u Ctrl key instead. Thanks!

Offline Moridin

• Infinite Diaries
« Reply #216 on: Wed, 25 September 2019, 02:24:00 »
Noticed there is a ("') key in the 40's kit - Quarks. Why? That key is already n the base kit.

I'd love to see that key removed since 40's users don't need an extra one, and it replaced with a r3, 1u Ctrl key instead. Thanks!

Nobody noticed this before the set was priced by GMK. Removing the key and getting new prices (paid option) would be more expensive by probably around 10 USD per base set than just leaving the key in.

Offline nasp

• * Vendor
« Reply #217 on: Wed, 25 September 2019, 12:45:02 »

Nobody noticed this before the set was priced by GMK. Removing the key and getting new prices (paid option) would be more expensive by probably around 10 USD per base set than just leaving the key in.

Since you are not adding or removing a key nor are you asking GMK to add molds, I don't think you even have to ask for a new quote. Just ask GMK if you can change out the '" key to a 1u, r3 Ctrl key instead. There shouldn't be a price difference.

I doubt I'll be purchasing if you don't even at least ask GMK if that's possible.

Offline Moridin

• Infinite Diaries
« Reply #218 on: Wed, 25 September 2019, 13:08:12 »

Since you are not adding or removing a key nor are you asking GMK to add molds, I don't think you even have to ask for a new quote. Just ask GMK if you can change out the '" key to a 1u, r3 Ctrl key instead. There shouldn't be a price difference.

I doubt I'll be purchasing if you don't even at least ask GMK if that's possible.

Missed the part about the R3 CTRL - this site is not smartphone friendly. That’s a rather unique key? What keyboard are you using it on?

Offline _PixelNinja

• C=Q/V=ε(A/t)
« Reply #219 on: Wed, 25 September 2019, 13:13:44 »
Love the colors. I wish the mods were full text which is more in line with RAMA aesthetics IMO, but that's just me.

Offline nasp

• * Vendor
« Reply #220 on: Wed, 25 September 2019, 16:51:47 »

Missed the part about the R3 CTRL - this site is not smartphone friendly. That’s a rather unique key? What keyboard are you using it on?

Answered you over Discord PM but making it public less people think I'm ignoring you.

1u, r3 ctrl is used in ortho builds and perhaps some very strange 40's builds. It'll have much more use than a duplicate key will. 

Thanks for considering Moridin.

Offline dyrdevil

« Reply #221 on: Wed, 25 September 2019, 18:43:29 »
I'm really liking the look of this. Any plans to have samples made?  I'm curious how the blue will turn out.

Offline Moridin

• Infinite Diaries
« Reply #222 on: Thu, 26 September 2019, 02:49:17 »
OK so thanks to you guys, we found some errors in the renders of the kits. I'm attaching the corrected ones below again.

@NASP: Sorry mate, no go with GMK.

(Fixed) New Kit Renders!

Nucleus

227000-0

Protons

227002-1

Quarks

227004-2

Strong Force

227006-3

Neutrons

227008-4

Offline Moridin

• Infinite Diaries
« Reply #223 on: Thu, 26 September 2019, 04:09:59 »
I'm really liking the look of this. Any plans to have samples made?  I'm curious how the blue will turn out.

If we chose to do samples (still on the fence about this) Samples would come from GMK after GB closes. Yes, I’ll do the samples.
« Last Edit: Fri, 27 September 2019, 01:42:28 by Moridin »

Offline Moridin

• Infinite Diaries
Re: [IC] GMK Phosphorous (GB starts October 4; (Fixed) NEW KIT RENDERS)
« Reply #224 on: Thu, 26 September 2019, 04:11:21 »
Pricing (AUD and SGD adjusted on 2019/09/26)

• Core (MOQ 250) — 129 EUR / 129 USD / 190 AUD / 190 SGD
  • Spacebars (MOQ 100) — 24 EUR / 24 USD / 35 AUD / 36 SGD
  • NumPad (MOQ 100) — 34 EUR / 34 USD / 50 AUD / 50 SGD
  • 40s (MOQ 100) — 47 EUR / 47 USD / 69 AUD / 70 SGD
  • NorDEUK (MOQ 100) — 53 EUR / 53 USD / 79 AUD / 79 SGD

Offline euphxenos

« Reply #225 on: Thu, 26 September 2019, 14:08:52 »

If we chose to do samples (still on the fence about this) they would come from GMK after GB closes.

If you're going to let GMK match custom colors against Pantones and go into production without approving color samples, that's definitely something I'd want to know before placing an order.

Offline Moridin

• Infinite Diaries
« Reply #226 on: Thu, 26 September 2019, 14:29:48 »

If we chose to do samples (still on the fence about this) they would come from GMK after GB closes.

If you're going to let GMK match custom colors against Pantones and go into production without approving color samples, that's definitely something I'd want to know before placing an order.

Waiting to hear back on their timelines etc. If it's not anything insane, I'll go for it. I'm worried it's insane though, especially looking back at the past few months and seeing how long they took to get back to me with the simplest questions.

Offline geewiz

« Reply #227 on: Thu, 26 September 2019, 14:41:09 »
Waiting to hear back on their timelines etc. If it's not anything insane, I'll go for it. I'm worried it's insane though, especially looking back at the past few months and seeing how long they took to get back to me with the simplest questions.

I get that you're getting antsy by now. However, it would be a shame if you let it make you rush and fumble this great project on the final lap of the IC.

Offline Moridin

• Infinite Diaries
« Reply #228 on: Thu, 26 September 2019, 14:43:02 »

I get that you're getting antsy by now. However, it would be a shame if you let it make you rush and fumble this great project on the final lap of the IC.

OK that's a good point and I completely agree. Thanks for the motivation. I'll weather it out. Question is: will everyone else? :D

(P.S. I'm already working on my next set and it's going to be killer!)

Offline nasp

• * Vendor
« Reply #229 on: Thu, 26 September 2019, 20:15:54 »

OK that's a good point and I completely agree. Thanks for the motivation. I'll weather it out. Question is: will everyone else? :D

GMK will send color samples before the GB as long as the invoice is paid within 6 months of the samples reception.

Gonna have to back out sadly. Not asking for color samples is a big red flag and the omission of the key I asked for earlier is icing on the cake.
« Last Edit: Thu, 26 September 2019, 20:19:50 by nasp »

Offline eskimojo

• KeycapLendar
« Reply #230 on: Thu, 26 September 2019, 20:25:48 »

I think most people would rather wait longer for the set they paid for, rather than risking getting something different to what they expected.

Delays are usually understood by the community provided adequate communication and explanation.

On the other hand, sets that have failed to match what they promised often reach infamy.

Offline Tyson

« Reply #231 on: Thu, 26 September 2019, 20:27:24 »
It's going to be a nope from me dawg, going into production before seeing actual samples is very very very risky. Dang, I really want get this set D:

Offline Moridin

• Infinite Diaries
« Reply #232 on: Fri, 27 September 2019, 01:36:48 »

GMK will send color samples before the GB as long as the invoice is paid within 6 months of the samples reception.

Gonna have to back out sadly. Not asking for color samples is a big red flag and the omission of the key I asked for earlier is icing on the cake.

I said I’d do samples. No R3 key for you though, sorry.

Offline Moridin

• Infinite Diaries
« Reply #233 on: Fri, 27 September 2019, 01:43:43 »

I think most people would rather wait longer for the set they paid for, rather than risking getting something different to what they expected.

Delays are usually understood by the community provided adequate communication and explanation.

On the other hand, sets that have failed to match what they promised often reach infamy.

I’ll do the samples. Mentioned this one post before yours.

Offline Moridin

• Infinite Diaries
« Reply #234 on: Fri, 27 September 2019, 01:44:23 »
It's going to be a nope from me dawg, going into production before seeing actual samples is very very very risky. Dang, I really want get this set D:

Samples will be done. Wrote this before you posted.

Offline eskimojo

• KeycapLendar
« Reply #235 on: Fri, 27 September 2019, 01:59:09 »

I’ll do the samples. Mentioned this one post before yours.

I missed that "I'll weather it out" was in reference to getting samples. Sorry.

(though I still stand by my statement as a general observation)

Offline Moridin

• Infinite Diaries
« Reply #236 on: Thu, 03 October 2019, 02:33:31 »
Two days to go!!! The suspense is killing me!

Offline Moridin

• Infinite Diaries
« Reply #237 on: Fri, 04 October 2019, 01:28:44 »
Pricing (USD for 40s adjusted on 2019/10/04)

• Core (MOQ 250) — 129 EUR / 129 USD / 190 AUD / 190 SGD
  • Spacebars (MOQ 100) — 24 EUR / 24 USD / 35 AUD / 36 SGD
  • NumPad (MOQ 100) — 34 EUR / 34 USD / 50 AUD / 50 SGD
  • 40s (MOQ 100) — 47 EUR / 52 USD / 69 AUD / 70 SGD
  • NorDEUK (MOQ 100) — 53 EUR / 53 USD / 79 AUD / 79 SGD

Due to a miscalculation, TKC had to modify the price of the 40s kit from 48 to 52 USD. It’s being sold at cost after fees.

The Key Company will launch at 9:00 pm EST today. Will get more info soon. Going to start preparing the GB post.

Offline Moridin

• Infinite Diaries
« Reply #238 on: Fri, 04 October 2019, 03:41:53 »
GB thread awaiting mod approval.

Offline Moridin

• Infinite Diaries
Re: [IC] GMK Phosphorous — Group Buy is live!
« Reply #239 on: Fri, 04 October 2019, 04:07:24 »
In the meantime, while I wait for the mods' approval...

GMK Phosphorous is/will be available from...

« Last Edit: Fri, 04 October 2019, 07:12:06 by Moridin »

Offline Moridin

• Infinite Diaries
« Reply #240 on: Fri, 04 October 2019, 17:39:05 »

Offline Moridin

• Infinite Diaries
« Reply #241 on: Mon, 07 October 2019, 02:02:04 »
(Double post, my bad, sorry. Not sure how to delete it.)