Author Topic: PBT 104/105 set ROUND 3 (COMPLETED)  (Read 470929 times)

Offline Sergeant_Shart

Re: PBT 104/105 set ROUND 3 (SHIPPING!)
« Reply #2400 on: Sat, 16 May 2015, 07:01:24 »
ALL ORDERS ARE SHIPPED>>>

EXCEPT these unlucky 5 people:
danboard
Mooby
SeeThruHead
Sevas
Yslen

I ended up with shortage of US black sets so sorry your orders will be delayed a little.

Never got mine, should I just assume you didn't ship me a set and contact Visa?

Offline wlhlm

• ~
« Reply #2401 on: Sat, 16 May 2015, 07:05:14 »

danboard
Mooby
SeeThruHead
Sevas
Yslen

I ended up with shortage of US black sets so sorry your orders will be delayed a little.

You can PM Ivan for tracking I believe.

Offline Ludovician

« Reply #2402 on: Sat, 16 May 2015, 07:26:49 »

danboard
Mooby
SeeThruHead
Sevas
Yslen

Shipping is not instantaneous. Teleportation of your goods is prohobitively expensive, so the cheaper method of using carrier pigeons is used instead.
Typing speed:
More
Visit the Typing Test and try!

My collection:
More
HHKB Pro 2 (Blank, white) | HHKB Pro 2 Type-S (Blank, white) | Topre Realforce 87UB silent-modded (not currently functional) | Das Keyboard Model S Professional Silent (MX Brown) | IBM Model M 1391401 - 9th January 1991 (Bolt+Floss-modded) | Apple keyboard m0116 (Orange Alps) | Unidentified DIN Keyboard (White Alps) | ADDS 1010 (Green Alps) | AEK II (Linear-modded, USB-converted) | IBM PC-AT Model F | Noppoo Choc Mini (MX Black) | Amstrad PC2286 | BigKeys LX | IBM Model M 1391401 - 6th September 1990 | IBM Model M2 1395300 - 28th February 1991 | Leopold FC660C | Cherry G80-11802 (MX Brown) | Matias Tactile Pro (Simplfied grey Alps) | Razer Blackwidow (MX Blue) | Novatouch 55g | Focus FK-2001 (White alps) | DSE Multitech (Blue alps) | Dell AT101W (Matias quiet) | Pok3r (White w/Clears) | KBP V80 (Blue Alps)

Pending:
Infinity kit

Offline Stabilized

« Reply #2403 on: Sat, 16 May 2015, 08:43:08 »
Oh what a shame about the 1.75x keys, that was the main reason I decided to sell my set as all my keyboards use a Pure layout. Might have to see if someone wants to sell a set!

Wait (and pardon me if I am being stupid), I thought that Vortex doesn't do 1.75u shifts? I didn't see anything mentioned in the first post, and I would have been quite interested in a set if I had known!

Does this mean that there might be the chance of a 1.75u shift included with the PBT beige/white sets in the future?

Offline dante

« Reply #2404 on: Sat, 16 May 2015, 08:57:40 »

danboard
Mooby
SeeThruHead
Sevas
Yslen

It's too bad you couldn't delay some of the complainers on here :D

you mean the one complainer?

Please don't make me traverse through 81 pages.

Offline TheSoulhunter

• Thorpelicious!
« Reply #2405 on: Sat, 16 May 2015, 09:12:59 »
Got em, thanks allot! ^^

Offline zippox

« Reply #2406 on: Sat, 16 May 2015, 10:51:12 »

Offline Sergeant_Shart

« Reply #2407 on: Sat, 16 May 2015, 13:12:52 »
Never got mine

This made me happy.

Ah sorry man, depot had them labelled "ebay" with a couple other packages, been there for 5 days now.

Offline Lu_e

« Reply #2408 on: Sat, 16 May 2015, 14:02:31 »
Oh what a shame about the 1.75x keys, that was the main reason I decided to sell my set as all my keyboards use a Pure layout. Might have to see if someone wants to sell a set!

Wait (and pardon me if I am being stupid), I thought that Vortex doesn't do 1.75u shifts? I didn't see anything mentioned in the first post, and I would have been quite interested in a set if I had known!

Does this mean that there might be the chance of a 1.75u shift included with the PBT beige/white sets in the future?

These weren't made by Vortex

Offline Stabilized

« Reply #2409 on: Sun, 17 May 2015, 04:02:25 »

These weren't made by Vortex

Ok my mistake, wasn't sure and wasn't really prepared to read through 81 pages.
Now I do look back though I can see someone comparing them against Vortex Cherry profile caps.
Look really good though, I would definitely be up for a another GB down the line.

Offline Barracuda

« Reply #2410 on: Sun, 17 May 2015, 06:01:57 »
I just got my set, looks AWESOME, although I have some miscoloring on some keys, does any1 else also have this problem?
Looking for a matte Blackout V2!

Offline Latin00032

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #2411 on: Sun, 17 May 2015, 07:41:35 »
I just got my set, looks AWESOME, although I have some miscoloring on some keys, does any1 else also have this problem?
Pics?

Offline KatzenKinder

• * Maker
« Reply #2412 on: Sun, 17 May 2015, 12:10:00 »
Got my sets today! The legends are nice and subtle, just as I had hoped. Thanks a bunch Ivan,

p.s. I'm still looking for a ANSI Cherry BoB set if any of you guys don't want yours for some reason :v

Offline HalfSharkAlligator

« Reply #2413 on: Sun, 17 May 2015, 14:47:45 »

Can I use this spacebar on a fc660m?

EDIT:  realized I'm working on a FC200RT - I also have a FC660C (Topre) which is why I confused them. Not sure if the FC200RT and FC660M have the same spacebar, but I don't think they do as my FC660C spacebar is a little shorter than my FC200RT.

Kinda sorta, but not really.  I'm having problems getting it to work on mine.  There are stems that line up with the FC200RT spacebar, but the stems that are directly next to them on the space bar are interfering with the posts that surround the stabilizer mounts.  I pressed mine on pretty hard, as I had to with all of these caps due to how tight they are, and you can actually see if you look closely in the picture where the plastic is damaged on the bar and causes it to bind up.  I am thinking I will have to take a dremel tool or knife to the stems on the spacebar to cut out a slit in the plastic for the posts on the board (that surround the stabilizers) to fit into, which will likely make those stems unusable if i need them in the future which is a bummer.

In this image, I put green arrows where the stems line up for this board, and the red arrows are showing the "bad contact" that makes it not fit.  You can see red arrows pointing to the corners of the stabilizer posts, and the stems where it makes contact (where I need to make cutouts). 

Also, the backspace key fits, but it's really mushy and squeaky.  I can't tell where it's rubbing causing the squeak, but I'm going to try working on it more later. 

The caps are wonderful, although I wish they weren't so tight, and I didn't read the "instructions" about using grease before I installed them, because, well, I've never needed instructions for keycaps before  :'(  I wish I had, as I'm concerned about breaking switches when I remove these to put on my Triumph Adler set when it comes... Maybe I'll just need to buy another board for the TA caps  :thumb:

« Last Edit: Sun, 17 May 2015, 14:53:49 by HalfSharkAlligator »

Offline Psybin

• of Rallos Zek
« Reply #2414 on: Sun, 17 May 2015, 15:10:37 »
My two sets came yesterday.

Well worth the wait, beautiful gear, typing on it now =)

Thanks Ivan!

Offline Latin00032

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #2415 on: Sun, 17 May 2015, 15:12:27 »

EDIT:  realized I'm working on a FC200RT - I also have a FC660C (Topre) which is why I confused them. Not sure if the FC200RT and FC660M have the same spacebar, but I don't think they do as my FC660C spacebar is a little shorter than my FC200RT.

Kinda sorta, but not really.  I'm having problems getting it to work on mine.  There are stems that line up with the FC200RT spacebar, but the stems that are directly next to them on the space bar are interfering with the posts that surround the stabilizer mounts.  I pressed mine on pretty hard, as I had to with all of these caps due to how tight they are, and you can actually see if you look closely in the picture where the plastic is damaged on the bar and causes it to bind up.  I am thinking I will have to take a dremel tool or knife to the stems on the spacebar to cut out a slit in the plastic for the posts on the board (that surround the stabilizers) to fit into, which will likely make those stems unusable if i need them in the future which is a bummer.

In this image, I put green arrows where the stems line up for this board, and the red arrows are showing the "bad contact" that makes it not fit.  You can see red arrows pointing to the corners of the stabilizer posts, and the stems where it makes contact (where I need to make cutouts). 

Also, the backspace key fits, but it's really mushy and squeaky.  I can't tell where it's rubbing causing the squeak, but I'm going to try working on it more later. 

The caps are wonderful, although I wish they weren't so tight, and I didn't read the "instructions" about using grease before I installed them, because, well, I've never needed instructions for keycaps before  :'(  I wish I had, as I'm concerned about breaking switches when I remove these to put on my Triumph Adler set when it comes... Maybe I'll just need to buy another board for the TA caps  :thumb:

Show Image

Show Image

I actually thought that might be a problem. I saw the new stabilizer holes then wondered how the pcb mount stabs would clear it.

Cutting those pieces off the sides of the stabs might not ruin the feeling of the spacebar if done well.

Someone correct me if I'm wrong.   

Offline IvanIvanovich

• Mr. Silk Underwear
« Reply #2416 on: Sun, 17 May 2015, 15:30:36 »
Exactly... clip off the corner guides on the stabs. They don't matter at all really. It will be easier in the end than filing out the additional posts on the keycap.

« Reply #2417 on: Sun, 17 May 2015, 15:40:35 »
Exactly... clip off the corner guides on the stabs. They don't matter at all really. It will be easier in the end than filing out the additional posts on the keycap.

Thanks Ivan! I'll take that approach. Any ideas what might be rubbing on the backspace key? I need to spend some more time looking at that tonight

Offline dante

« Reply #2418 on: Sun, 17 May 2015, 16:25:34 »

Thanks Ivan! I'll take that approach. Any ideas what might be rubbing on the backspace key? I need to spend some more time looking at that tonight

A true GeekHack solution would have involved buying another keyboard. :)

« Reply #2419 on: Sun, 17 May 2015, 16:32:38 »

A true GeekHack solution would have involved buying another keyboard. :)

Look at the last sentence of my original question post - that's my solution for using these caps and my incoming GMK triumph Adler set  :thumb:

Offline hipsterman

« Reply #2420 on: Sun, 17 May 2015, 19:22:00 »
Got mine, they look fantastic. Thanks a lot for the buy!

Offline taylordcraig

• New Keyboard Enthusiast [needs to learn to solder]
« Reply #2421 on: Sun, 17 May 2015, 19:41:49 »

Show Image

Show Image

I believe the pieces on the stabilizer aren't needed and can be removed. Else you can change the stabilizer type.

« Reply #2422 on: Sun, 17 May 2015, 23:19:13 »
I went ahead and clipped off the stabilizer surrounds, and that did the trick. Also took the opportunity to use mech lube on the surrounding keys.  For the backspace key, I did the same thing - removed all the stab surrounds and that helped a lot.  It's still not perfect, it rubs a bit and feels scratchy, but at least it's not sticking any more and is not squeaking. 

These keys are wonderful and really improved the feel and sound of the whole board, improved my accuracy as well.  I like the profile.  I was using DSA Dolch on it before and while it looked fantastic, I think they were making the board feel a little plastic-y. 

Thanks for executing a great group buy, Ivan!

Offline taylordcraig

• New Keyboard Enthusiast [needs to learn to solder]
« Reply #2423 on: Mon, 18 May 2015, 00:28:23 »
I went ahead and clipped off the stabilizer surrounds, and that did the trick. Also took the opportunity to use mech lube on the surrounding keys.  For the backspace key, I did the same thing - removed all the stab surrounds and that helped a lot.  It's still not perfect, it rubs a bit and feels scratchy, but at least it's not sticking any more and is not squeaking. 

These keys are wonderful and really improved the feel and sound of the whole board, improved my accuracy as well.  I like the profile.  I was using DSA Dolch on it before and while it looked fantastic, I think they were making the board feel a little plastic-y. 

Thanks for executing a great group buy, Ivan!

Glad you got it sorted! Sorry I gave the same suggestion a day late.   :rolleyes:

Offline V1ral

« Reply #2424 on: Mon, 18 May 2015, 15:29:40 »
Got my sets! They're amazing.
Started throwing the Aurebesh set on my Nordic Ducky Mini before I remembered there is no ISO enter or short left shift in that set. Now I've got to figure out what to substitute with. .____.

101068-0

Oh, also, something I noticed only after I received my sets and was trying to place all the Aurebesh keys in the correct positions. It seems like the symbols for the parentheses ( '(' and ')' ) are reversed? At the according to most other charts I've found. Was this intentional? I couldn't quite find any reference to it in the thread.
« Last Edit: Mon, 18 May 2015, 15:37:04 by V1ral »

Offline IvanIvanovich

• Mr. Silk Underwear
« Reply #2425 on: Mon, 18 May 2015, 16:14:11 »
Oh... I think because there is no such thing as [ ] in the font... I probably meant to flip it for that and mixed it up. I guess only the hardest hardcore fans would even notice such a thing.

Offline rainb1ood

• so pretty so plastic
« Reply #2426 on: Mon, 18 May 2015, 16:17:56 »
Whats the best way to contact imsto? (I messaged and emailed him)

Trying to get the blank 1.75 R shift

Offline IvanIvanovich

• Mr. Silk Underwear
« Reply #2427 on: Mon, 18 May 2015, 16:27:38 »
I'm sure they will get back to you soonish... imsto's a busy person and probably has lots of messages and stuff to answer.

Offline Danboard

« Reply #2428 on: Mon, 18 May 2015, 17:58:06 »
Hey Ivan, just to double check. The remaining BoB sets are coming from this round and not the next one you're running right?

Offline Joey Quinn

• "..."
« Reply #2429 on: Mon, 18 May 2015, 18:02:06 »
I got my set on Friday, thanks for the caps Ivan!
People in the 1980s, in general, were clearly just better than we are now in every measurable way.

The dumber the reason the more it must be done

Offline V1ral

« Reply #2430 on: Mon, 18 May 2015, 20:42:37 »
Oh... I think because there is no such thing as [ ] in the font... I probably meant to flip it for that and mixed it up. I guess only the hardest hardcore fans would even notice such a thing.

No worries, like I said, I never noticed either until I started looking it up.

Offline phantomz

« Reply #2431 on: Tue, 19 May 2015, 20:50:04 »
I just want to say thanks to Ivan for setting up a great group buy even though it took an extremely long time. The key caps are awesome although sometimes my new key caps slide off but I guess it's because it's just a tight fit. Shoutouts to everyone who waited patiently and didn't complain. I really hope Ivan sets up a blank white key cap group buy! :D

Offline jamster

« Reply #2432 on: Wed, 20 May 2015, 03:54:15 »
Finally got my set (overseas shipping). Super excited, until I discovered that I'd been sent a Russian set instead of English :/

Oh well, PM'd Ivan so hopefully this gets sorted out soon.

Offline Barracuda

« Reply #2433 on: Wed, 20 May 2015, 09:30:10 »
Pics?

On the top left corner of the 'Q' keycap, it is also seen on the side. I already tried to wash it off, didn't work.
I sent an email to the email address that was sent with the package. The rest of the keycaps look perfectly awesome though
« Last Edit: Wed, 20 May 2015, 09:31:50 by Barracuda »
Looking for a matte Blackout V2!

Offline wlhlm

• ~
« Reply #2434 on: Wed, 20 May 2015, 13:11:23 »
The caps arrived in Germany today.

Thanks Ivan for the buy and jamster for letting me take over one blank set. :thumb:

Offline TDub

« Reply #2435 on: Wed, 20 May 2015, 16:29:48 »
The caps arrived in Germany today.

Thanks Ivan for the buy and jamster for letting me take over one blank set. :thumb:

Ooooh, that means mine are probably coming up, too :D

Offline naasfu

• The Curator
  • * Destiny Supporter
  • CURSE YOU HE-MAN
« Reply #2436 on: Wed, 20 May 2015, 20:43:39 »
Here is Aurebesh on a WASD V2:

a cute stray cat combination that comes out happily when you look at your face is cute

WANTED: gib clacks        post your mspaints!        post your rubber domes!

Offline Johniib

« Reply #2437 on: Wed, 20 May 2015, 21:28:11 »
Thanks Ivan! I received my keys pretty fast and got them installed. I love them! Except my spacebar doesn't fit onto my Novatouch since the two nubs next to each other prevent it from going down all the way :\. Is there a proper way to remove them? I was thinking maybe dremel or just using needle-nose pliers.

Offline IvanIvanovich

• Mr. Silk Underwear
« Reply #2438 on: Wed, 20 May 2015, 23:24:16 »
Yeah, all those extra stems on the 6.25 can cause some issues. dremel, file... whatever works. Just take it slow and easy.

Offline SL89

« Reply #2439 on: Wed, 20 May 2015, 23:34:29 »
If someone ever wanted to part ways with an Aurebesh set. Keep me in mind  ;D

Offline user 18

• * Senior Moderator
« Reply #2440 on: Wed, 20 May 2015, 23:45:09 »

There's another round for this one going on now, which includes Aurebesh.
Please PM me if you are waiting on classifieds approval or have a question about the classifieds rules. | geekhack Terms of Service

Max Nighthawk x8 (MX Brown) | CM QFR (MX Blue) | CM QFR (MX Clear) | RK-9000 (MX Red) | Model M 1391401 | Model M SSK 1370475 | CM Novatouch | G80-8113 (MX Clear) | 60% (85g MX Blue) | Whitefox Aria (MX Clear) | CL-LX (MX Clear) | Mira SE (MX Clear)

Offline bjonbjonbjon

« Reply #2441 on: Thu, 21 May 2015, 05:32:52 »
I love you Ivan, got my set already and it is glorious!

Offline SL89

« Reply #2442 on: Thu, 21 May 2015, 07:06:51 »

There's another round for this one going on now, which includes Aurebesh.

Oh I know but the wait time would be immense. I will be in the Dark Wave GB for sure regardless.

Offline strict

• TKL Zealot
« Reply #2443 on: Thu, 21 May 2015, 07:48:23 »
Oh I know but the wait time would be immense. I will be in the Dark Wave GB for sure regardless.

Ivan is using a different manufacturer for the new round (Gateron) and he said he expects the turnaround time to be much shorter.

Realforce EK45 (Silenced)  |  Realforce 87UW (45g)  |  Realforce 87UWS (Variable)
Filco MJ2 TKL (Cherry Clears)  |  Phantom 87 (78g Gateron Clears)  |  Phantom 86 (67g Zealios)

Offline SL89

« Reply #2444 on: Thu, 21 May 2015, 07:49:45 »
I missed that, thanks for highlighting. Either way, I'll be getting into dark wave. Is imsto still the one who do the dyesubbing then?

Offline IvanIvanovich

• Mr. Silk Underwear
« Reply #2445 on: Thu, 21 May 2015, 14:17:08 »
It's the same manufacturer actually... just now dealing with them directly instead of through a 'wholesaler' middle company which caused all the dumb delays on this one.

I have AVAILABLE:
3x sets of blanks

Offline KnivesM

« Reply #2446 on: Thu, 21 May 2015, 16:37:43 »
What kind of grease would you recommend to put on the caps to make them easier to remove, I put one on a switch in a switch tester and it came off a couple times fine but then it yanked the whole switch out with it once.
[WTT] Bros | HWS | Nightcaps [WTTF] Bros | KBK/KWK | CC

LZ-FE                 Kpad           Poker II                   Leopold 980M          TGR Tris       TGR-Jane   
72g Vintage Blacks      Blacks            Blues                        Silent Pinks                Coming Soon™

Others
More
Leopold 750RT - Reds, Smart68 Coming Soon™, Steelseries 6Gv2 - Reds

Offline IvanIvanovich

• Mr. Silk Underwear
« Reply #2447 on: Thu, 21 May 2015, 16:52:03 »
I just used a very very very tiny amount of mineral oil... because I am cheap and don't have any special switch greases. But, it shouldn't harm plastics and isn't electrically conductive so... just make sure not to use too much where it will drip in the switch as it might make it feel off.

Offline gameaholic

« Reply #2448 on: Thu, 21 May 2015, 20:13:58 »
Because Star Wars Fans aren't known for being hardcore.   ;)  I almost wish I didn't know this.  Will this be fixed on the second round?  I may be in for a second set if so. 
IBM Model M SSK, Filco MJ2 Ninja TKL with Reds ergo-clears, CM Storm QFR 55g Whites, Poker II with Reds

Offline IvanIvanovich

• Mr. Silk Underwear
« Reply #2449 on: Thu, 21 May 2015, 20:31:01 »
Certainly.