Author Topic: [GB] GMK Carbon R2 (FINISHED)  (Read 116480 times)

Offline Cas

Re: [GB] GMK Carbon R2
« Reply #100 on: Wed, 14 November 2018, 12:43:47 »
Even if it there isnt round 3 i wont enter at this cost, love Carbon but it is too much, i will wait if someday there is a round 3
« Last Edit: Wed, 14 November 2018, 12:50:46 by Cas »

Offline clik_clak

« Reply #101 on: Wed, 14 November 2018, 12:53:31 »
Even if it there isnt round 3 i wont enter at this cost, love Carbon but it is too much, i will wait if someday there is a round 3

Inflation tells me the prices aren't going to get any lower with future drops.

Offline HotRoderX

« Reply #102 on: Wed, 14 November 2018, 12:53:56 »
Even if it there isnt round 3 i wont enter at this cost, love Carbon but it is too much

I felt the same way, I really really wanted carbon bad. Then I seen the price and sticker shock was just to much. I honestly think if numbers would have been posted during the IC. Then R0 and R5 would have gotten voted down pretty rapidly. I am assuming that's what is adding the bulk of the cost to this set. As others said it kinda makes it impossible to upgrade older carbon sets with R0 and R5 which could have driven down price. As it stands to get a ok complete set your looking at way north of 220 dollar's which is just insane for a keycap set for most people. I seen the argument, people pay more on mechmarket. Which is true but isn't. The average person buying on mech market has disposable income. There also looking for something unique. I think its why we don't see flippers because once there 4-5 of a given set on mech market prices drop like a rock.

Offline newbatthis

« Reply #103 on: Wed, 14 November 2018, 13:29:09 »
If this had been without r0/r5 and i could grab bone mods it would've been an easy easy choice. Shame.

Offline mimalik

« Reply #104 on: Wed, 14 November 2018, 13:37:12 »
Has anyone seen GMK drops prices lately?

GMK DMG - 169
GMK Terminal- 189 post production but  GB price was  159
GMK Taro - 155
GMK Metaverse - 160
GMK Chocolatier - 149
GMK Space Cadet - 149
GMK TA - 169

Why all the complains on pricing? A typical base set is running b/w 150-180, depending on drop. The extras are reasonably priced as well. Even if you participated in R1 like I did, there are plenty of other kits to go for extras which werent offered in R1. I understand if one doesnt like the color scheme or R0/5 profile, but all this noise about pricing is over kill. Also, prices are set by GMK and upward pricing is the trend, if you think in future it will be cheaper, then best of luck.

Offline Helldrop

« Reply #105 on: Wed, 14 November 2018, 14:38:28 »
I think this R2 is an extension of the R1. I’m very satisfied with a wide variety of options. The reason why people feel the price is high is that they try to select too many options. They seem to confuse the options for base kit. Many will eventually regret not joining this GB.

Offline Jkush463

« Reply #106 on: Wed, 14 November 2018, 16:39:35 »
too much? you do realize this benefits almost all gmk sets by producing new tooling such as r5 and what not if it happens right? thats part of the cost here and i dont think a lot of ppl realize that. 

Offline Cas

« Reply #107 on: Thu, 15 November 2018, 01:45:51 »
For me, it is too much, I don’t care nothing on r0 and r5, good luck on the drop

Offline darthzero

« Reply #108 on: Thu, 15 November 2018, 06:06:23 »
too much? you do realize this benefits almost all gmk sets by producing new tooling such as r5 and what not if it happens right? thats part of the cost here and i dont think a lot of ppl realize that.
Maybe, just maybe people don’t care about frackin r0/5 (yeah except you, tomb3ry and the 150 who voted for it). There is no benefit for “us” just the fear that more sets will incorporate those rows.

@mimalik: prices are set from gmk? Haha funneh joke mate 7/10 would laugh again. The vendors in cooperation with the set designer set the price. Including earnings for both parties (not so sure with md ^^). But except the people and vendors who ran a set (+GMK of course) nobody knows the pricing structure of GMK. Would be way to easy for creators to have this info publicly available including all the available molds (shots fired in direction of GMK^^)...
Also nice thing you only listed the sets that were high priced, what about white on black for 100$ or serika for 139$ just off the top of my head. Yes prices increased from GMK but not 40-50$ per set.
Discord: kuno#0600 
Reddit: u/darthzero

Offline mimalik

« Reply #109 on: Thu, 15 November 2018, 09:24:56 »
Maybe, just maybe people don’t care about frackin r0/5 (yeah except you, tomb3ry and the 150 who voted for it). There is no benefit for “us” just the fear that more sets will incorporate those rows.

@mimalik: prices are set from gmk? Haha funneh joke mate 7/10 would laugh again. The vendors in cooperation with the set designer set the price. Including earnings for both parties (not so sure with md ^^). But except the people and vendors who ran a set (+GMK of course) nobody knows the pricing structure of GMK. Would be way to easy for creators to have this info publicly available including all the available molds (shots fired in direction of GMK^^)...
Also nice thing you only listed the sets that were high priced, what about white on black for 100$ or serika for 139$ just off the top of my head. Yes prices increased from GMK but not 40-50$ per set.

This is a KB community effort, folks voted for R0/5 and wanted it, hence its there. This is a niche hobby which can be expansive, while I dont know the GMK pricing structure, WoB seems to be a one off now days. Prices always increase into the future thx to global monetary policies. And you are right folks may be making money in b/w as this is not a non-profit endeavor, but GMK is the one which sets the bottom line and everyone else just add on their %s. We all have invested comparatively ridiculous sums on keyboards and complaining about 15-20 $ difference on a drop from set from past is ridiculous. I just picked up pricing from currently running or near ended GMK drops. Please do list any other $100 gmk drops from 2018.

Offline T0mb3ry

• https://www.instagram.com/t0mb3ry_gh/
    • Flickr
« Reply #110 on: Thu, 15 November 2018, 12:22:12 »
MOQ/Pricing sheet has been updated.

Offline superdoedoe

• ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
« Reply #111 on: Thu, 15 November 2018, 17:17:00 »
Let's go Norde Kit!  :confused:

Offline Jkush463

« Reply #112 on: Thu, 15 November 2018, 17:28:12 »
i'm not here to argue i'm just saying that's part of the price, if you don't care don't buy it? Ultimately not my problem if you're too broke for an expensive hobby. I'm not gonna fret over an extra 100-150$ for something i want esp when its a luxury like keyboards if you're worried about the money id find something else to do. Also you do know how when demand increases so do prices right, and GMK is FLOODED. 

Offline Cas

« Reply #113 on: Thu, 15 November 2018, 19:05:26 »
As i said, good luck
« Last Edit: Thu, 15 November 2018, 19:07:11 by Cas »

Offline chuckdee

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #114 on: Fri, 16 November 2018, 08:06:50 »

GMK sets the base price, which is then increased based on the designer and runner getting something for their efforts.  Just like everything else.  I don't think that anyone can fault them for that, and most understand that the GMK prices influence the final price.  No comment on the prices of the other sets around now, however... he gave a pretty compelling list...

Offline T0mb3ry

• Flickr
« Reply #115 on: Fri, 16 November 2018, 13:29:05 »
Daily update.

Offline mathiasn

« Reply #116 on: Mon, 19 November 2018, 02:10:09 »
Daily update.

Weird numbers - when compared to the Massdrop statement "2.575 Sold" (top of the page near "11 DAYS LEFT").
When I sum that table up, I get something around 1.200 orders.
(And not even the main kit took the first hurdle (250).)

OK, I need the R0+R5 - but luckily I've stowed away a NORDEUK from round 1.5  :D

Offline Acereconkeys

• Happiness = life - expectations
« Reply #117 on: Mon, 19 November 2018, 02:38:20 »
Daily update.

Weird numbers - when compared to the Massdrop statement "2.575 Sold" (top of the page near "11 DAYS LEFT").
When I sum that table up, I get something around 1.200 orders.
(And not even the main kit took the first hurdle (250).)

OK, I need the R0+R5 - but luckily I've stowed away a NORDEUK from round 1.5  :D

Massdrop is dumb they combine R1 with R2 sales.
TMO50 | Jane V2 CE Incoming | Realforce 87u 55g | Aergo

Aergo design and build log: https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=103681.msg2840918#msg2840918

Offline sevenseacat

« Reply #118 on: Mon, 19 November 2018, 03:40:57 »
Massdrop's entire checkout/order-counting/price-drop-tracking system is totally horrible, and for no real reason -_- Just laziness....

Offline qq

• A daydreamer of possibilities
« Reply #119 on: Mon, 19 November 2018, 04:03:21 »
Following the total number of all kits ordered, Carbon is still a successful GB, but when looking at the sheet, most kits are barely halfway through their MOQs. I wonder what's wrong with this. Maybe people, who enjoy Carbon, are overly saturated with Carbon kits floating around the market. Or it is falling in the paradox of choice, and taking buyers forever to decide which one they need.

Hopefully, as there will be a few days left, the keyset would pick up when people are pushed to make up their mind. It will be very sad to see a nice kit such as Bone Base would fail miserably.

Offline sagadoi

« Reply #120 on: Mon, 19 November 2018, 06:53:15 »
I hope everyone of the kits will get the moq, especially like bone base, cadet and rolling bones.
Cause I really like carbon, that is my belief rather than toy
Matrix: 1.0 x10 | 1.2 x8 | 2.0 x20 | 2.2 x3 | 2.0 Ver Xmas x2 | Abel x12 | Abel VD x5 | Abel VC | Cain x2 | Mona x5 | Matrix Ti | ProjectFF
Percent: Canoe x6 | Skog x4 | Canoe FE x4 | Skog Lite x2
EVE: Moon x5 | Mira | Mira SE | Meteor x2
Equalz: Zero x4 | Zero.9 EE x7 | Mountain x5 | One x4 | Zero.9 Ti
FOX: Leaf TKL x2 | Time x2 | Orange TKL x2    
TGR: Jane V2 | Jane V2 Ver CE    RAMA: U80A
FMJ TKL x4 | Jer80 x4 | Jermini | Camp C225 x7 | Evil80 x6 |  Evil82 x2 | Mech27 | DolchCR x2 | Triangle x2 | Square x2 | Mars TKL

Offline T0mb3ry

• Flickr
« Reply #121 on: Mon, 19 November 2018, 13:10:29 »
Daily update.

Offline upas

« Reply #122 on: Mon, 19 November 2018, 13:16:53 »
I really want that space kit to hit MOQ. If it doesn't, I don't think I'd really want the rest :(

Offline T0mb3ry

• Flickr
« Reply #123 on: Mon, 19 November 2018, 13:50:41 »
I really want that space kit to hit MOQ. If it doesn't, I don't think I'd really want the rest :(
Please wait until the drop ends and don't worry. There will be some additional orders at the end as usual. After that we will get to know about which kits will be made and afaik you will be able to adjust or cancel your order. I hope everything will be fine ;)

Offline mimalik

« Reply #124 on: Mon, 19 November 2018, 13:55:45 »
Dang, both umka and bieezarre lost a few, cmon folks these are unicorns. Buy one for the team. Does anyone know if not at MOQ, how near the MOQ point a kit must be in order to be made? 40%, 50%, 80%? I have been waiting for the orange alphas since R1, and now that its up for grab.....

Offline T0mb3ry

• Flickr
« Reply #125 on: Mon, 19 November 2018, 13:58:56 »
Dang, both umka and bieezarre lost a few, cmon folks these are unicorns. Buy one for the team. Does anyone know if not at MOQ, how near the MOQ point a kit must be in order to be made? 40%, 50%, 80%? I have been waiting for the orange alphas since R1, and now that its up for grab.....

Take my words with grain of salt.

Umka is just 10 kits away from hitting its moq. I do think it will be made anyway. By only 50 existing kits that will be real snowflake made of unicorn tears  :))
« Last Edit: Mon, 19 November 2018, 17:53:11 by T0mb3ry »

Offline 112227

« Reply #126 on: Tue, 20 November 2018, 00:46:32 »
I'm unsure of how to order.

I really want the boneyard alphas and umka mods. If those don't reach MOQ I'd want bone base set. If that doesn't reach MOQ, I guess I'd take the regular base set.

How do I order what I want without missing an opportunity to buy my second or third choice? :S

Offline Wetherbee

« Reply #127 on: Tue, 20 November 2018, 02:11:35 »
I recommend ordering what you want. Just assume that it will be made.

You are very likely to end up with a very rare keyset. When people look for Carbon sets on the aftermarket, these are going to be the rare coveted ones they wish they had paid groupbuy prices for. As a vintage profile user, R0-R5 are really something special. People don't seem to understand that - yet.
« Last Edit: Tue, 20 November 2018, 02:13:33 by Wetherbee »

Offline phinix

• On a diet.. again.. don't ask...
« Reply #128 on: Tue, 20 November 2018, 09:43:08 »
Just checking - this is Massdrop, so even if this is produced in Germany, if I order it in Europe, I will still need to pay tax + customs, as this will go to US first, then send back here? No EU proxy to avoid extra costs?
9100 | 3070 | 8TB SSD + 2x 1TB SSD | Z390 Aorus Pro ITX | 16GB RAM | SFX 600W | Sentry 2.0 | Ruark Audio MR1 Mark II | LG OLED 48CX
Realforce 87u55 | CM QuickFire Rapid MX Blacks | NCR-80 87g Gateron Oil Kings | Logitech Pro Superlight
SA: Retro Petscii, 7bit Round6 'Symbiosis', Filco, Carbon Bone Cherry: GMK Laser, OG double shot caps, CRP APL GSA: Retro High-light HSA: Hyperfuse

::: Phinix Cube ::: Phinix Nano Tower ::: Phinix Aurora ::: Phinix Chimera ::: Phinix Retro :::

Offline mrpetrov

« Reply #129 on: Tue, 20 November 2018, 09:53:35 »
Pardon my ignorance, but which sets would I have to get to cover an HHKB layout? Many thanks!

Offline Oblotzky

• Backspace is for people that make mistakes.
« Reply #130 on: Tue, 20 November 2018, 10:04:12 »
Pardon my ignorance, but which sets would I have to get to cover an HHKB layout? Many thanks!

Base Kit covers HHKB fully.

Offline Anakey

« Reply #131 on: Tue, 20 November 2018, 10:07:38 »
Just checking - this is Massdrop, so even if this is produced in Germany, if I order it in Europe, I will still need to pay tax + customs, as this will go to US first, then send back here? No EU proxy to avoid extra costs?

Correct as they would sell the sets to Massdrop with no VAT

Offline mrpetrov

« Reply #132 on: Tue, 20 November 2018, 10:24:11 »

Thanks! I had previously just joined for the Salty kit through MD but now I'd like to add the bone base - do you know if I can do that without paying shipping twice (ie can I amend my original order to add bone base or do I have to submit a new order and double up on shipping costs?).

Offline Oblotzky

« Reply #133 on: Tue, 20 November 2018, 10:27:27 »

Thanks! I had previously just joined for the Salty kit through MD but now I'd like to add the bone base - do you know if I can do that without paying shipping twice (ie can I amend my original order to add bone base or do I have to submit a new order and double up on shipping costs?).

Go to your transactions, there should be an option to edit your current order. Select the Bone Kit as the main purchase and Salty as an option to that

Offline mrpetrov

« Reply #134 on: Tue, 20 November 2018, 10:33:44 »

Go to your transactions, there should be an option to edit your current order. Select the Bone Kit as the main purchase and Salty as an option to that

Thanks, I appreciate the help - I was looking under my drops and hadn't seen any edit function. Bones ordered!

Offline T0mb3ry

• Flickr
« Reply #135 on: Tue, 20 November 2018, 10:52:37 »

Thanks, I appreciate the help - I was looking under my drops and hadn't seen any edit function. Bones ordered!

Very important. If you pay with Paypal you better delete your previous order and make an new one. Otherwise your order might be canceled at the end of the drop. This is a very well known Paypal "feature".

Offline T0mb3ry

• Flickr
« Reply #136 on: Tue, 20 November 2018, 12:31:03 »
As usual daily update.

Offline mimalik

« Reply #137 on: Tue, 20 November 2018, 14:54:02 »
Hurrah for Beezarre, one more. C'mon folks have you ever seen orange alphas on GMK? Also, there are no R5 keys for alphas except for numpad 0 & . which means they can be used with any other GMK set. And those who bought R1, you already have orange row 1 function keys, another win win.

Plz buy some more and get it over or near the line  :'(  :'(  :'(  :'(

Offline silversung

« Reply #138 on: Tue, 20 November 2018, 19:19:52 »
Can anyone tell me how MD ships their drops? I'm trying to break my drop into two packages, each under $200 to avoid unnecessary tax. Can I do that with my 1 account? Say if I bought Base Kit like tomorrow, and Umka Mods next week. Would MD ship them together in one bundle? Or would they ship them separately?

Offline Oblotzky

« Reply #139 on: Tue, 20 November 2018, 19:26:31 »
Can anyone tell me how MD ships their drops? I'm trying to break my drop into two packages, each under $200 to avoid unnecessary tax. Can I do that with my 1 account? Say if I bought Base Kit like tomorrow, and Umka Mods next week. Would MD ship them together in one bundle? Or would they ship them separately?

They just need to be separate orders with shipping paid on each.

Offline silversung

« Reply #140 on: Tue, 20 November 2018, 22:38:26 »

They just need to be separate orders with shipping paid on each.

Ok, got it. Thanks a lot!

Offline T0mb3ry

• Flickr
« Reply #141 on: Wed, 21 November 2018, 13:02:16 »
Update.

Offline mimalik

« Reply #142 on: Wed, 21 November 2018, 13:41:39 »
Update.
Show Image

I think we are at point where it will be prudent to see if lowering MOQ with slight increase in price can be an option. My concern is for Beezarre and Cadet, hopefully other participants will be ok with it. I'd rather pay a bit more than not get kit at all.

Offline T0mb3ry

• Flickr
« Reply #143 on: Wed, 21 November 2018, 14:08:49 »
Update.
Show Image

I think we are at point where it will be prudent to see if lowering MOQ with slight increase in price can be an option. My concern is for Beezarre and Cadet, hopefully other participants will be ok with it. I'd rather pay a bit more than not get kit at all.

I am sorry but such actions are not possible because there are people who are already IN with their money. The drop goes till the end as it is. At the end everyone will be able to adjust their order or cancel it (in case the wanted kit constellation does not met its MOQ).

Good thing is, there will be GMK Carbon with full cherry profile.  ^-^ This is success for me already. Of course i want every kit to happen but we will see how it plays out in the end.

Offline Jkush463

« Reply #144 on: Wed, 21 November 2018, 15:42:34 »
im hoping the last few days people will really pick up and grab some stuff really want at least umka and rolling bones to make it but well see would be dope if beezarre got pushed through though too.

Offline KingOfMemes

« Reply #145 on: Wed, 21 November 2018, 16:12:16 »
COLEMAK HYPE!!!!!!

Offline superdoedoe

• ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
« Reply #146 on: Wed, 21 November 2018, 17:43:32 »
Welp...These numbers aren't looking good. Gonna have to drop out if these numbers continue  :'(

Offline AlcoholEnthusiast

« Reply #147 on: Wed, 21 November 2018, 17:53:44 »
I wonder what the % is of ordered kits to MOQ before massdrop will just make it.

I'm building a 60% so really hope Warning Signs number row gets made. Also hopes Cadet makes it as well. First GB I've ever joined and this is stressful lol

Offline thelaughingman

• Simultaneously the most starry-eyed idealist and t
« Reply #148 on: Wed, 21 November 2018, 18:09:42 »
Update.
Show Image

Umka continues to go backward  :(

Offline Wetherbee

« Reply #149 on: Wed, 21 November 2018, 18:32:59 »

Just order it and hope for a Thanksgiving miracle.

Carbon without warning signs is like a sundae without the cherry. 🍒

I'm personally praying for like 7-8 kits that are not even halfway there.