Author Topic: [GB] GMK Carbon R2 (FINISHED)  (Read 116479 times)

Offline T0mb3ry

• https://www.instagram.com/t0mb3ry_gh/
    • Flickr
Re: [GB] GMK Carbon R2 (SHIPPING)
« Reply #400 on: Mon, 22 April 2019, 04:24:15 »
Ok it is my bad.
Before GMK Carbon R2 went into production, GMK have send me their production renders for approval. The following picture displays such render. Keep in mind i've cropped out the color codes in this render.
217737-0
As you can see i oversaw the flipped color for Terminal salty kit and unfortunately i gave this render approval for production. So its not GMKs miss at this point...

In this case if you want the exact salty kit for Terminal as displayed in renders on the drop page, then please contact MD support (of course if you bought Salty kit directly from Massdrop). We'll see then how to solve this issue.

Offline hyperdolch

« Reply #401 on: Mon, 22 April 2019, 05:27:29 »
Ok it is my bad.
Before GMK Carbon R2 went into production, GMK have send me their production renders for approval. The following picture displays such render. Keep in mind i've cropped out the color codes in this render.
(Attachment Link)
As you can see i oversaw the flipped color for Terminal salty kit and unfortunately i gave this render approval for production. So its not GMKs miss at this point...

In this case if you want the exact salty kit for Terminal as displayed in renders on the drop page, then please contact MD support (of course if you bought Salty kit directly from Massdrop). We'll see then how to solve this issue.

OK.. I contacted MD just ago.
Let's wait.

Offline Side7X

« Reply #402 on: Mon, 22 April 2019, 09:44:58 »
Some great looking boards! Here's mine with Cadet!
217749-0

Loving the R0 & R5
217751-1

Offline mimalik

« Reply #403 on: Mon, 22 April 2019, 10:44:17 »
Anyone in Canada received theirs yet?? Mine is still stuck at NJ.

Offline oldcat

• 65% is Life
« Reply #404 on: Tue, 23 April 2019, 00:07:13 »

Offline mimalik

« Reply #405 on: Tue, 23 April 2019, 21:20:34 »
Finally, time to play!!217830-0

Offline mimalik

« Reply #406 on: Tue, 23 April 2019, 21:48:33 »
Anyone else noticed umka Backspace key doesn’t completely goes down? It remains slightly up and doesn’t completely fit into the switch stem. If I try to press any further it may damage the switch, see the lift in umka vs sc.

Offline mimalik

« Reply #407 on: Tue, 23 April 2019, 22:19:24 »
217850-0 [ Specified attachment is not available ]Except for Backspace, all ok. R0 n R5 keys r amazing, cant believe they weren’t used in past (not designed in sets hence no molds) hate that they r not being used now that they r available.217846-2217850-3217846-4
« Last Edit: Tue, 23 April 2019, 22:22:19 by mimalik »

Offline pixelpusher

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #408 on: Tue, 23 April 2019, 22:23:48 »
(Attachment Link) (Attachment Link) Except for Backspace, all ok. R0 n R5 keys r amazing, cant believe they weren’t used in past (not designed in sets hence no molds) hate that they r not being used now that they r available. (Attachment Link) (Attachment Link) (Attachment Link)

That looks amazing

Offline pixelpusher

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #409 on: Tue, 23 April 2019, 22:57:29 »
Looking to buy Beezarre alphas if anyone has an extra set.  Didn't know how awesome they were :)

Offline AlcoholEnthusiast

« Reply #410 on: Tue, 23 April 2019, 23:27:03 »
Damn those Beezarre setups look great.

Offline LightningXI

• * Elevated Elder
  • PPD
    • ArtisanMacro
« Reply #411 on: Wed, 24 April 2019, 00:51:51 »
(Attachment Link) (Attachment Link) Except for Backspace, all ok. R0 n R5 keys r amazing, cant believe they weren’t used in past (not designed in sets hence no molds) hate that they r not being used now that they r available. (Attachment Link) (Attachment Link) (Attachment Link)
Agreed. R5 needs to be a staple. I'm not sure I'm keen on R0, but it'd work as an add-on kit.

Offline T0mb3ry

• Flickr
« Reply #412 on: Wed, 24 April 2019, 10:14:44 »
I really appreciate people enjoy R0 and R5. I will definitely feature full cherry profile in my future projects.  ^-^

Come to dark side, we got full cherry profile  :))

Offline pixelpusher

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #413 on: Wed, 24 April 2019, 17:01:03 »
I really appreciate people enjoy R0 and R5. I will definitely feature full cherry profile in my future projects.  ^-^
Show Image

where's your secret stash of beezarre alphas, sir?

Offline otanishock

• One of the cool kids :>
  • ファーストラブ
« Reply #414 on: Wed, 24 April 2019, 17:39:36 »
I quite like R5 on a high angle board. Had them on my keycult and I think they go so well together.

Offline T0mb3ry

• Flickr
« Reply #415 on: Wed, 24 April 2019, 17:48:28 »
Anyone else noticed umka Backspace key doesn’t completely goes down? It remains slightly up and doesn’t completely fit into the switch stem. If I try to press any further it may damage the switch, see the lift in umka vs sc.

My Umka Backspace sits just fine on my Canoe which has GMK screw in stabs and Gateron switches. Keep in mind Leopold is using authentical Cherry stabs (say they are not original Cherry stabs - where GMK is using original cherry tooling for their stabs) and there are always different tolerances. GMKs tooling for keycaps is also original Cherry and it was made for the original Cherry switches and stabs. By original Cherry switches i mean of course the vintage Cherry switches. I know some issues of Cherry profile with Gateron switches for example. Remember also the Box Switches dilemma before. Unfortunately there are no industry standards for it. Anyway this is only one of the possible reasons which might cause that. And i have the same exact backspace as you, because the keycap production is done fully automated at GMK, which means every keycap does not differ from another. Especially if we consider such small production scale like for Umka. You got one of the 50 existing Umkas in the world.

Show Image

where's your secret stash of beezarre alphas, sir?

Under my pillow.

:))

I quite like R5 on a high angle board. Had them on my keycult and I think they go so well together.

Just like you, i also appreciate them most on my Duck Octagon with its 11 degree angle.
« Last Edit: Wed, 24 April 2019, 17:50:23 by T0mb3ry »

Offline Okonomiyaki#2832

• Eating Okonomiyaki
« Reply #416 on: Thu, 25 April 2019, 18:58:17 »
Are there any news if the terminal salty key will be replaced? All I am offered is a 5 bucks discount and I very much still want the original green key even if they proposed to refund the whole kit in full.

Offline T0mb3ry

• Flickr
« Reply #417 on: Fri, 26 April 2019, 14:24:04 »
Are there any news if the terminal salty key will be replaced? All I am offered is a 5 bucks discount and I very much still want the original green key even if they proposed to refund the whole kit in full.

If Massdrop offers you 5$ discount then unfortunately it seems like there will be no replacements.

Another opportunity to get the green Terminal salty key would be next drop.

Offline fireworm

« Reply #418 on: Fri, 26 April 2019, 15:48:40 »

Umka Mods just for the Enter key, Bone Icon Ext, Bone Alphas, Salty, Warning Signs, Spacebars and some Bone Base too.  :cool:

Offline rondg

« Reply #419 on: Fri, 26 April 2019, 18:32:18 »
Show Image

Umka Mods just for the Enter key, Bone Icon Ext, Bone Alphas, Salty, Warning Signs, Spacebars and some Bone Base too.  :cool:

This looks nice!

Offline DillonHightower

• Formerly DillonHighsmith
« Reply #420 on: Sat, 27 April 2019, 09:16:59 »
Who has extras they want to trade/sell? Hook me up fellas🙏

Offline otanishock

• One of the cool kids :>
  • ファーストラブ
« Reply #421 on: Wed, 01 May 2019, 10:00:12 »
Some shots with Bone. Keycult No.2/Stainless Steel and TGR-910 SE.

GMK Bone, Umka Mods, Novelties and Boneyard Alphas.

Offline dvorcol

• dvorcol#5071
« Reply #422 on: Wed, 01 May 2019, 18:18:12 »

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Very nice.

Offline AlcoholEnthusiast

« Reply #423 on: Wed, 01 May 2019, 23:43:19 »

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

That looks amazing man, good job. I'm going to have to hunt bone/umka/boneyard down on a recap and hope I get lucky.

Offline rondg

« Reply #424 on: Sat, 04 May 2019, 05:52:31 »
Got mine  ;D

Offline Jkush463

« Reply #425 on: Sun, 05 May 2019, 08:57:09 »
Full Umka/Carbon/Rolling bones https://imgur.com/a/n1xRYFE

Offline Kerasan

« Reply #426 on: Wed, 08 May 2019, 09:07:00 »

the package containing my carbon was lost .... I can't believe it, I've been waiting for this set for 3 years  :'( :'( :'( :'( :'(

KMK Labs.

Offline mimalik

« Reply #427 on: Wed, 08 May 2019, 13:18:17 »

the package containing my carbon was lost .... I can't believe it, I've been waiting for this set for 3 years  :'( :'( :'( :'( :'(

KMK Labs.

Open a tkt with MD, good chance they ll ship from their reserves.

Offline T0mb3ry

• Flickr
« Reply #428 on: Wed, 08 May 2019, 13:53:17 »

KMK Labs.

Oooff. You should contact MD support asap. I never experienced lost shipping but damn i can feel you if you waited so long for it.

Offline T0mb3ry

• Flickr
« Reply #429 on: Thu, 09 May 2019, 13:07:19 »
Those who bought the salty kit got probably the email notification about the Terminal key replacement. I think this is very generous move/solution from GMK and Drop. ^-^

Offline asgeirtj

« Reply #430 on: Sun, 19 May 2019, 23:54:34 »
Wtb umka
Leopold FC900 w/ 67g Purple Zealios - Silver Duck Octagon w/ 62 Purple Zealios

Offline spakecdk

• Browns are best
« Reply #431 on: Mon, 20 May 2019, 04:35:01 »

If Massdrop offers you 5$ discount then unfortunately it seems like there will be no replacements.

Another opportunity to get the green Terminal salty key would be next drop.

Hopefully you are implying this will drop again. Maybe by then massdrop sets up their eu warehouse.

Offline Kerasan

« Reply #432 on: Mon, 20 May 2019, 09:03:34 »

KMK Labs.

Oooff. You should contact MD support asap. I never experienced lost shipping but damn i can feel you if you waited so long for it.

Edit: massdrop was kind enough to send me a new set where he made sure the package was lost

thanks for the support guys

KMK Labs.

Offline T0mb3ry

• Flickr
« Reply #433 on: Mon, 20 May 2019, 12:12:12 »

KMK Labs.

Edit: massdrop was kind enough to send me a new set where he made sure the package was lost

KMK Labs.

I am glad your issue was resolved ;)

Hopefully you are implying this will drop again. Maybe by then massdrop sets up their eu warehouse.

It will definitely drop again but not any time soon and not with the same kits and row constellation. I have to think about how to fit all those sets in one drop because otherwise it will require to many drop spots.

Offline cyyz

« Reply #434 on: Mon, 20 May 2019, 12:19:42 »

KMK Labs.

KMK Labs.

It will definitely drop again but not any time soon and not with the same kits and row constellation. I have to think about how to fit all those sets in one drop because otherwise it will require to many drop spots.

I hope SA carbon runs before another GMK run. Imo this set looks way better on SA, especially the warning signs and the bones kits.

Offline rondg

« Reply #435 on: Mon, 20 May 2019, 18:37:25 »

Does that mean that there will be no more umka mods?  :(

Offline T0mb3ry

• Flickr
« Reply #436 on: Tue, 21 May 2019, 00:02:18 »

Does that mean that there will be no more umka mods?  :(

No. There will be no Umka mods anymore but a full base kit (Umka with alphas).

Offline Moridin

• Infinite Diaries
« Reply #437 on: Tue, 21 May 2019, 01:27:48 »
If anyone would consider selling me Boneyard Alphas or Bones Base, please send me a PM. Missed the drop...  :eek:

Offline mimalik

« Reply #438 on: Thu, 23 May 2019, 08:19:53 »
Thats it I am out of GMK now, this is the best colour combo ever, imho. I ll probably grab GMK Oblivion, but only coloured reg mods to complement this scheme.

219794-0

Offline T0mb3ry

• Flickr
« Reply #439 on: Thu, 23 May 2019, 12:46:45 »

Offline spakecdk

• Browns are best
« Reply #440 on: Sat, 25 May 2019, 06:28:00 »

KMK Labs.

KMK Labs.

As long as there will be half life lambdas and the chemical symbols, I'm down for many of each lol

Offline Atredl

« Reply #441 on: Tue, 28 May 2019, 16:25:59 »

KMK Labs.

KMK Labs.

As long as there will be half life lambdas and the chemical symbols, I'm down for many of each lol
IIRC they only got the license to use the half life lambda for a year or so. Don’t know if SA Carbon will be released in time to fit into that window.

Offline T0mb3ry

• Flickr
« Reply #442 on: Tue, 28 May 2019, 16:35:37 »
IIRC they only got the license to use the half life lambda for a year or so. Don’t know if SA Carbon will be released in time to fit into that window.

I got the license to offer it only once in a year. Say i can repeat it every year but only in one GB.

Offline Atredl

« Reply #443 on: Tue, 28 May 2019, 23:21:28 »

I got the license to offer it only once in a year. Say i can repeat it every year but only in one GB.
I stand corrected

Offline spakecdk

• Browns are best
« Reply #444 on: Mon, 03 June 2019, 06:23:19 »

That's a weird way to license. If there will be an SA before GMK, will you offer in R3 or only sculpted? Or did you mean by your previous post that both will run at the same time?

Offline Oblotzky

• Backspace is for people that make mistakes.
« Reply #445 on: Mon, 03 June 2019, 06:34:55 »

That's a weird way to license. If there will be an SA before GMK, will you offer in R3 or only sculpted? Or did you mean by your previous post that both will run at the same time?

2016 - SA Carbon
2017 - GMK Carbon
2018 - SA Carbon R2
2019 - GMK Carbon R2
2020 -

Offline T0mb3ry

• Flickr
« Reply #446 on: Mon, 03 June 2019, 08:55:47 »

2016 - SA Carbon
2017 - GMK Carbon
2018 - SA Carbon R2
2019 - GMK Carbon R2
2020 -
2020 - SP DCS ALPS Carbon

Gesendet von meinem SM-G965F mit Tapatalk

Offline eksuen

• Ambassador of explosions.
« Reply #447 on: Tue, 04 June 2019, 00:55:43 »

2016 - SA Carbon
2017 - GMK Carbon
2018 - SA Carbon R2
2019 - GMK Carbon R2
2020 -

Gesendet von meinem SM-G965F mit Tapatalk

I'd buy that. It was just earlier today that I was musing about the possibility of a DCS GB in the near future. I wonder how well it'd be received. Perhaps the right colorway would be enough to tip it towards success.

Offline fer.real

« Reply #448 on: Tue, 04 June 2019, 06:29:25 »

+1.  That would be a must have for me.

Offline T0mb3ry

• Flickr
« Reply #449 on: Tue, 04 June 2019, 10:21:28 »
I'll try to include in next SP SA Carbon drop a single DCS Alps Carbon kit. Since it will be a single kit, it will probably have typical GMK key constellation (large base set).