Author Topic: Fallout 4  (Read 86412 times)

Offline UsualSuspectXXX

• (⌐■_■)⊃━☆゚.*・。゚
Re: Fallout 4
« Reply #350 on: Thu, 16 June 2016, 17:56:01 »
Bumping a bit dated thread, but I wanted to ask others.  Am I the only one who completely surrounds each settlement with fences/walls to keep the baddies out?  I couldn't help myself.  I installed the settlement size mod so I could actually provide sufficient power, food, beds, and defense.  So far it hasn't appeared to affect performance at all.

You're not the only one

Full album here: Red Rocket truck stop

Also, if you're interested, Sanctuary Hills

Offline mrhead

• Thread \ (•◡•) / Stopper
« Reply #351 on: Fri, 17 June 2016, 15:52:24 »
Wow, yeah my settlements look like garbage dumps compared to yours.  Thanks for sharing, I'm going to delete all of my settlements now!  Haha.

Offline UsualSuspectXXX

• (⌐■_■)⊃━☆゚.*・。゚
« Reply #352 on: Fri, 17 June 2016, 18:11:19 »
Wow, yeah my settlements look like garbage dumps compared to yours.  Thanks for sharing, I'm going to delete all of my settlements now!  Haha.

Unfortunately my game crashed pretty hard at one point and I lost like 12 hours of building Sanctuary. Then the mods didn't load back in right... so it doesn't look like that any more.

Offline eksuen

• Ambassador of explosions.
« Reply #353 on: Fri, 17 June 2016, 18:40:09 »

Unfortunately my game crashed pretty hard at one point and I lost like 12 hours of building Sanctuary. Then the mods didn't load back in right... so it doesn't look like that any more.

That's why I'm constantly hitting F5 for quicksaves.

Offline UsualSuspectXXX

• (⌐■_■)⊃━☆゚.*・。゚
« Reply #354 on: Fri, 17 June 2016, 20:18:54 »

I do. Had to revert back about 12 hours of saves to be able to get it to load up. ='[

Offline eksuen

• Ambassador of explosions.
« Reply #355 on: Sat, 18 June 2016, 02:10:08 »

I do. Had to revert back about 12 hours of saves to be able to get it to load up. ='[

Damn. That sucks.  :(

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #356 on: Thu, 23 June 2016, 04:02:56 »

Offline katushkin

• Too Keycool for School
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Just the guy
« Reply #357 on: Tue, 05 July 2016, 09:35:30 »
Sometimes I prefer having less. It means you get surprised by what times out of your mouth :)) Also then I can just spam arrows.
Can we get them to build the Alps ten feet higher and get Cherry to pay for it?
Katushkin's Clearout | Twitter | Steam | Instagram| Discord - katushkin

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #358 on: Tue, 16 August 2016, 03:21:38 »
This looks pretty fun, looking forward to the Nuka World DLC. Been on a FO4 kick lately since I picked up Fall Harbor which so far is excellent, and with all the great mods available now it feels fresh and fun again.
also nukalurks are back!

Offline katushkin

• Too Keycool for School
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Just the guy
« Reply #359 on: Tue, 16 August 2016, 04:22:37 »
That does look good! I haven't played a lot of Fallout recently because it keeps crashing :( I need a new PC ideally... And after hearing everything about the Overseer DLC I was a bit disappointed, even though I haven't finished everything in the original game yet.

But I may get this when my PC stops crashing
Can we get them to build the Alps ten feet higher and get Cherry to pay for it?
Katushkin's Clearout | Twitter | Steam | Instagram| Discord - katushkin

Offline Floody

• Formerly Flood
  • But is it?
« Reply #360 on: Tue, 16 August 2016, 12:27:36 »
Anyone know if the nuka world trailer has any spoilers as I haven't finished the main story.

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #361 on: Tue, 16 August 2016, 15:26:45 »
Anyone know if the nuka world trailer has any spoilers as I haven't finished the main story.

Other than working with the raiders to raid Sanctuary which is shown in the trailer, I didn't see anything that should affect the main story. So if you haven't gotten Preston to take The Castle there may be some interference with very early quests. It's going to be an entire separate map like Fall Harbor was.

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
  • OmniExpert of: Rice, Top-Ramen, Ergodox, n Females
« Reply #362 on: Tue, 16 August 2016, 15:56:42 »
can't wait to watch the let's play on youtube..

I've watched most of the main..

Offline Floody

• Formerly Flood
  • But is it?
« Reply #363 on: Fri, 19 August 2016, 19:45:37 »

Other than working with the raiders to raid Sanctuary which is shown in the trailer, I didn't see anything that should affect the main story. So if you haven't gotten Preston to take The Castle there may be some interference with very early quests. It's going to be an entire separate map like Fall Harbor was.
Thanks! Didn't read that much of your text because I don't think I've made it that far but didn't seem like a big spoiler.

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #364 on: Mon, 22 August 2016, 19:53:47 »

Offline ArchDill

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #365 on: Sat, 03 December 2016, 01:44:03 »
That moment when your favorite settlement is all the way full and you have to delete stuff to build more... :(

Offline UsualSuspectXXX

• (⌐■_■)⊃━☆゚.*・。゚
« Reply #366 on: Sat, 03 December 2016, 13:36:51 »
That moment when your favorite settlement is all the way full and you have to delete stuff to build more... :(

You should use the Settlements Expanded mod ;)

Offline ArchDill

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #367 on: Sat, 03 December 2016, 13:39:19 »

I will check it out! I have not modded F4 at all yet. Every time I started over in Skyrim I would tell myself that I was not going to mod. I would, then I would stop playing. haha

Offline UsualSuspectXXX

• (⌐■_■)⊃━☆゚.*・。゚
« Reply #368 on: Sat, 03 December 2016, 13:41:15 »

I will check it out! I have not modded F4 at all yet. Every time I started over in Skyrim I would tell myself that I was not going to mod. I would, then I would stop playing. haha

I only added a few settlement building mods, then proceeded to spend 25+ hours building before deciding to finish the campaign.

Offline ArchDill

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #369 on: Sat, 03 December 2016, 13:42:47 »

I only added a few settlement building mods, then proceeded to spend 25+ hours building before deciding to finish the campaign.

haha I feel you. I have probably spent 20+ hours between my 2 main settlements. I STILL have not finished the campaign. I like exploring too much.

Offline UsualSuspectXXX

• (⌐■_■)⊃━☆゚.*・。゚
« Reply #370 on: Sat, 03 December 2016, 13:45:07 »

haha I feel you. I have probably spent 20+ hours between my 2 main settlements. I STILL have not finished the campaign. I like exploring too much.

Haha. I feel ya. I put about 250 hours down. Thinking about getting the expansions and going back to playing.

Offline ArchDill

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #371 on: Sat, 03 December 2016, 14:02:33 »

Haha. I feel ya. I put about 250 hours down. Thinking about getting the expansions and going back to playing.

I hear that Far Harbor is REALLY good. Once I finish all the quests I will probably get it. I bought F4 at launch and no lifed it for a week and then stopped playing for a long time. Picked it back up about 2 months ago.

Offline UsualSuspectXXX

• (⌐■_■)⊃━☆゚.*・。゚
« Reply #372 on: Sat, 03 December 2016, 14:57:25 »

I hear that Far Harbor is REALLY good. Once I finish all the quests I will probably get it. I bought F4 at launch and no lifed it for a week and then stopped playing for a long time. Picked it back up about 2 months ago.

Yea, I know how that goes. I got pretty close to the ending and I could tell how it was going to end, so I stopped playing for a few months.

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #373 on: Sat, 03 December 2016, 15:23:24 »
Far Harbor is fantastic. The only complaint I would have is that the story is really concentrated in specific areas, and even after completing every quest in the DLC there were large areas of the island I never had reason to visit. But the story and the way they give the player choice and how it affects the world is great.

Offline UsualSuspectXXX

• (⌐■_■)⊃━☆゚.*・。゚
« Reply #374 on: Sat, 03 December 2016, 15:25:05 »
Far Harbor is fantastic. The only complaint I would have is that the story is really concentrated in specific areas, and even after completing every quest in the DLC there were large areas of the island I never had reason to visit. But the story and the way they give the player choice and how it affects the world is great.

Awesome! After I'm done with Dishonored 2, I'll have to pick this up.

Offline rabbitfire

« Reply #375 on: Sun, 25 December 2016, 17:19:01 »

It's hurt  ;D

Offline mrhead

• Thread \ (•◡•) / Stopper
« Reply #376 on: Mon, 31 July 2017, 22:44:56 »
So I haven't played FO4 in several months.  I saw a mod that puts barriers/walls up around settlements for you - now what am I going to do with my free time?

Figure out which mod made all of my turrets disappear from the workshop, for starters.