Author Topic: Free stuff! Pay it forward!  (Read 14248479 times)

Offline kolonelkadat

• Trade Count: (0)
    • Force Project X
Re: Free stuff! Pay it forward!
« Reply #2400 on: Tue, 03 December 2013, 18:07:21 »
But asking for free stuff before even making a new members thread?

The new members thread seems important to you. Why?
"Obviously, windows are central to Windows. But what is a window?"

Offline Pacifist

• Report me *again* if there are gifs in my sig
  • * Elevated Elder
  • on hiatus
« Reply #2401 on: Tue, 03 December 2013, 18:09:31 »

Its a way to introduce yourself to gh, and imo it should be pretty high on the list of first posts. better than just asking for free ****
the main point tho is that he decided to post here over another place, and that he hasnt posted anywhere else in the day he's been here

Offline Melvang

• Exquisite Lord of Bumfluff
  • * Maker
  • Melvang's Desktop Customs
« Reply #2402 on: Tue, 03 December 2013, 18:13:37 »
Would anyone have a set of thick pbt caps I could borrow for about a week or so?  I would be willing to pay for shipping both ways.  Just want a set of alpha key to compare with my current thin pbt caps.

For what it is worth I have actually given away a couple thkng s here including a sound card, purchased and sold a couple things here and almost have a year on site registered.
OG Kishsaver, Razer Orbweaver clears and reds with blue LEDs, and Razer Naga Epic.   "Great minds crawl in the same sewer"  Uncle Rich

Offline Badwrench

• * Destiny Supporter
  • ummmm.....I forgot
« Reply #2403 on: Tue, 03 December 2013, 18:14:48 »
Would anyone have a set of thick pbt caps I could borrow for about a week or so?  I would be willing to pay for shipping both ways.  Just want a set of alpha key to compare with my current thin pbt caps.

For what it is worth I have actually given away a couple thkng s here including a sound card, purchased and sold a couple things here and almost have a year on site registered.

pm incoming.
wut. i'd buy a ****ty IBM board for that green V2

Offline dragonxx21

« Reply #2404 on: Tue, 03 December 2013, 18:16:14 »

Are you interested in using the mods as well or ust the alphas? And are you only looking for TKL? I have a set of thick vortex pbt keycaps that I don't mind lending out. I have a set of DS ABS caps I've been dying to try out and only one MX board haha.

edit: Looks like Badwrench beat me, and shipping is probably cheaper within CONUS.
Keyboards Owned:

Realforce Topre 91 Key JIS Profile - Main
CM Quickfire Rapid Blue Switches
IBM Model M in Industrial Shell

Offline HPE1000

• Keycap Paparazzo
  • Trade Count: (1)
« Reply #2405 on: Tue, 03 December 2013, 18:17:14 »
I don't give a **** if you did or didn't make a thread introducing yourself, it means NOTHING in the same way your 800 posts don't make you an authority on what people should and should not post.

Offline HoffmanMyster

• HOFF, smol MAN OF MYSTERY
  • * Senior Moderator
« Reply #2406 on: Tue, 03 December 2013, 18:22:49 »

If for any reason Badwrench isn't able to help, I'd gladly lend out my Poker II stock caps.  PM me if needed.

Offline VesperSAINT

• vpsert
  • #CustomKorean
    • My Youtube channel with some keyboard videos
« Reply #2407 on: Tue, 03 December 2013, 18:45:04 »

I can vouch for Melvang as being an awesome person! ;) If things don't end up working out, let me know, I can lend you a set for a couple weeks :D

Offline tjcaustin

• King Klaxon
  • * Maker
  • King of All Klaxon Sciences and Cable Makery
    • Buy stuff
« Reply #2408 on: Tue, 03 December 2013, 19:10:35 »

Its a way to introduce yourself to gh, and imo it should be pretty high on the list of first posts. better than just asking for free ****
the main point tho is that he decided to post here over another place, and that he hasnt posted anywhere else in the day he's been here

The more you post, the more I regret giving you the money to get a qazpad.  Clearly, you aren't familiar with the term pay it forward, let alone the word "community" or "welcoming".  Maybe instead of being a little **** about how someone asked for a thing, you could take a step back and remember the things that people helped you with even as it looked like you were trying to take advantage of the community you're now trying to white knight for.

Offline BunnyLake

• The OG HHKB Master
  • Trade Count: (2)
  • X
    • [CTRL]ALT
« Reply #2409 on: Tue, 03 December 2013, 19:15:31 »
well said
I'M IN THE PROCESS OF MOVING RIGHT NOW, WILL BE BACK AROUND SOON

Offline swill

• * Elevated Elder
  • builder & enabler
    • swillkb.com
« Reply #2410 on: Tue, 03 December 2013, 19:37:47 »

Posts don't mean everything, but only having one post and that one post being in here not on a new members thread or a different thread is pretty abnormal

Gotta start somewhere.

I lurked for almost a year before I became active.  Having 1 post just means that you should be kind to the guy.   Goodness...

Offline swill

• * Elevated Elder
  • builder & enabler
    • swillkb.com
« Reply #2411 on: Tue, 03 December 2013, 19:42:54 »

I had about 100 posts before I posted a new member thread. So not important. He was using this thread for its purpose.

I see you padding your irrelevant post count in this thread with off topic crap which is not what this thread is for.

Offline dragonxx21

« Reply #2412 on: Tue, 03 December 2013, 19:44:16 »

I had about 100 posts before I posted a new member thread. So not important. He was using this thread for its purpose.

I see you padding your irrelevant post count in this thread with off topic crap which is not what this thread is for.
classifieds and OT do not count towards post count.
Keyboards Owned:

Offline Pacifist

• * Elevated Elder
  • on hiatus
« Reply #2413 on: Tue, 03 December 2013, 19:48:40 »

classifieds doesn't add to post count

Offline Pacifist

• * Elevated Elder
  • on hiatus
« Reply #2414 on: Tue, 03 December 2013, 19:53:26 »

Posts don't mean everything, but only having one post and that one post being in here not on a new members thread or a different thread is pretty abnormal

Gotta start somewhere.

I lurked for almost a year before I became active.  Having 1 post just means that you should be kind to the guy.   Goodness...

well its 0 counted posts....but you'd think someone would have the coutesey of propperly introducing themselves before asking for stuff.

I know I sound harsh, but before I came here, I was involved heavily in the team fortress 2 trading economy. I met a lot of people there, and quite a lot of people added me begging for **** after I accepted it when they had a lot of items in their inventory. `So I've become accustomed to be wary of people wanting free stuff.

I apologize to  bhulse7 for being rude. My first thought when he popped up here asking for a wasd cluster was that he was going to take it and leave. I see that that is not the truth, and far from it. Enjoy your stay at geekhack.

Offline dorkvader

• all about the "hack" in "geekhack"
« Reply #2415 on: Tue, 03 December 2013, 21:56:43 »
Bastion steam key
Z5HHL-NYK7M-50AHJ

Not sure if it'll work, but figured it's worth a shot. from a humblebundle I think.

Great game if you haven't played.

Offline HoffmanMyster

• * Senior Moderator
« Reply #2416 on: Tue, 03 December 2013, 22:12:29 »
Bastion steam key
Z5HHL-NYK7M-50AHJ

Not sure if it'll work, but figured it's worth a shot. from a humblebundle I think.

It's either already claimed or doesn't work.  That game looked really great though, I followed it through production on Giant Bomb.

Offline spidum

« Reply #2417 on: Tue, 03 December 2013, 22:24:18 »
Wow well this is interesting. I am bhulse7 friend IRL.
I got him into keyboards and referred him here because he wanted to try out new things and explore a new community.
He sent me a link to his post and the aftermath and I just laughed. Whats a community without the arguments lol.
Hes not just going to be a 1 hit wonder and disappear I can assure you that. Hopefully he will be here for quite a while.

Offline Badwrench

• * Destiny Supporter
  • ummmm.....I forgot
« Reply #2418 on: Tue, 03 December 2013, 22:24:25 »
Bastion steam key
Z5HHL-NYK7M-50AHJ

It's either already claimed or doesn't work.  That game looked really great though, I followed it through production on Giant Bomb.

This one is actually worth the purchase.  A truly wonderful game with a great story.  The unique narration throughout is only a bonus. 

Offline Pacifist

• * Elevated Elder
  • on hiatus
« Reply #2419 on: Tue, 03 December 2013, 22:26:12 »
I got him into keyboards and referred him here because he wanted to try out new things and explore a new community.
He sent me a link to his post and the aftermath and I just laughed. Whats a community without the arguments lol.
Hes not just going to be a 1 hit wonder and disappear I can assure you that. Hopefully he will be here for quite a while.

Tell him I apologize for insulting him. And that he should post more here!  ;D

Offline bhulse7

• Why not?
« Reply #2420 on: Tue, 03 December 2013, 22:30:45 »
Hey guys, I'm fairly new hear and I just bought my first mechanical keyboard.  I was wondering if there was anyone out there with a spare wasd cluster or anything they would be willing to give to me.  I'd love to buy you a humble bundle or something if you could help me out.
Quoting myself ha.  And I spelled here wrong haha.  Anyway, sorry to cause such a problem, really wasn't meant to offend anyone, I have just gotten my first mechanical keyboard and was wondering if anyone had a spare wasd cluster I could put on it.  Wasn't planning on leaving, I had just been introduced to gh, and have been just lurking for a little.  So yeah, sorry for the dispute, wasn't just here for the handouts.

Offline Pacifist

• * Elevated Elder
  • on hiatus
« Reply #2421 on: Tue, 03 December 2013, 22:31:43 »
Hey guys, I'm fairly new hear and I just bought my first mechanical keyboard.  I was wondering if there was anyone out there with a spare wasd cluster or anything they would be willing to give to me.  I'd love to buy you a humble bundle or something if you could help me out.
Quoting myself ha.  And I spelled here wrong haha.  Anyway, sorry to cause such a problem, really wasn't meant to offend anyone, I have just gotten my first mechanical keyboard and was wondering if anyone had a spare wasd cluster I could put on it.  Wasn't planning on leaving, I had just been introduced to gh, and have been just lurking for a little.  So yeah, sorry for the dispute, wasn't just here for the handouts.

Its kool. You're welcome here. Stay and enjoy the boards. Which board did you get?

Offline kmiller8

• Banned
  •  Post Reporting Timeout
  • Who is that kmiller8 guy?
« Reply #2422 on: Tue, 03 December 2013, 22:32:28 »

Welcome to dramahack, hope you enjoy your stay :thumb:

hint: It's a lot more fun to watch the drama unfold and laugh on the sidelines

Offline dragonxx21

« Reply #2423 on: Tue, 03 December 2013, 22:33:30 »
Bastion steam key
Z5HHL-NYK7M-50AHJ

This one is actually worth the purchase.  A truly wonderful game with a great story.  The unique narration throughout is only a bonus.

Bastion was one of those gems for me. I bought it on a whim as it was on sale many moons ago. I sunk countless hours into it and beat it twice. That's a lot considering I generally don't even get to the halfway point in most games.

Don't feel bad at all. It was rude for one of our members to call you out like that when this is a thread for anyone and everyone to spread the joy of giving and receiving. Please enjoy your stay here on geekhack and I know there are quite a few guys willing to spare a WASD cluster for you :)
Keyboards Owned:

Offline bhulse7

• Why not?
« Reply #2424 on: Tue, 03 December 2013, 22:35:42 »

Yeah dude it's fine, and I am planning on posting here more.  Like I said i'm new here, and to mechanical keyboards in general, so I plan on coming here frequently.

Offline bhulse7

• Why not?
« Reply #2425 on: Tue, 03 December 2013, 22:36:34 »

Its kool. You're welcome here. Stay and enjoy the boards. Which board did you get?
I ended up grabbing a Ducky Shine 3 in a Massdrop

Offline VesperSAINT

• vpsert
  • #CustomKorean
« Reply #2426 on: Tue, 03 December 2013, 22:36:35 »

No need to apologize, man. You didn't really do anything wrong. The world of mechanical keyboards is exciting, and customization is the peak of it all. Get ready to spend "some" money in the months following ;)

Offline Pacifist

• * Elevated Elder
  • on hiatus
« Reply #2427 on: Tue, 03 December 2013, 22:36:45 »

Yeah dude it's fine, and I am planning on posting here more.  Like I said i'm new here, and to mechanical keyboards in general, so I plan on coming here frequently.

Good to know. Enjoy all the content here. Good to see more people joining GH. What keyboard did you pick out for yourself? EDIT saw you got a ducky
« Last Edit: Tue, 03 December 2013, 22:42:51 by Pacifist »

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #2428 on: Tue, 03 December 2013, 22:39:27 »
Perhaps we should nudge this thread back towards free stuff?
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline swill

• * Elevated Elder
  • builder & enabler
    • swillkb.com
« Reply #2429 on: Tue, 03 December 2013, 22:40:03 »

No apology needed, you did nothing wrong.  Being Canadian, I understand apologizing even if you are not at fault.  Haha.  Sorry you got stuck in the middle of this debate. (damn it, dat apology)  This community is very welcoming and helpful (usually). :P

Now on to free stuff... 

Offline nubbinator

• Dabbler Supreme
  • * Maker
  • Model M "connoisseur"
« Reply #2430 on: Tue, 03 December 2013, 22:48:42 »

Sure.  First person to respond to me in this thread from the U.S. gets a free Derp Cap v2 (sorry it's not international, shipping is just too pricey).  You may or may not get a choice in colors.

Warning: Derp caps may cause uncontrollable laughter when examined in person.

Offline VesperSAINT

• vpsert
  • #CustomKorean
« Reply #2431 on: Tue, 03 December 2013, 22:49:55 »

Sure.  First person to respond to me in this thread from the U.S. gets a free Derp Cap v2 (sorry it's not international, shipping is just too pricey).  You may or may not get a choice in colors.

Show Image

Show Image

HERP DERP

Offline Pacifist

• * Elevated Elder
  • on hiatus
« Reply #2432 on: Tue, 03 December 2013, 22:50:15 »

Show Image

Show Image

what if I'm lauging now?

Offline spidum

« Reply #2433 on: Tue, 03 December 2013, 22:51:19 »

Show Image

Show Image

Can I still haz? Me want so bad!

Offline Badwrench

• * Destiny Supporter
  • ummmm.....I forgot
« Reply #2434 on: Tue, 03 December 2013, 22:52:22 »

No apology needed, you did nothing wrong.  Being Canadian, I understand apologizing even if you are not at fault.  Haha.  Sorry you got stuck in the middle of this debate. (damn it, dat apology)  This community is very welcoming and helpful (usually). :P

Now on to free stuff...

I agree, free stuffs!

To get this thread back on track:  This was a set of wasd+esc that I made when I first joined GH.  I made these with the intention of matching the Toxic set before I figured out that group buys take some time.  They are painted over wyse abs (SP DCS profile).

This is for Conus only, as I will be paying for the shipping.  Thanks.

Pics:
46777-0
Set will be the bottom 4 keys and one of the uppers. 

PM to me gets them  :thumb:

Offline Pacifist

• * Elevated Elder
  • on hiatus
« Reply #2435 on: Tue, 03 December 2013, 22:53:52 »

Now on to free stuff...

I agree, free stuffs!

To get this thread back on track:  This was a set of wasd+esc that I made when I first joined GH.  I made these with the intention of matching the Toxic set before I figured out that group buys take some time.  They are painted over wyse abs (SP DCS profile).

Pics:
(Attachment Link)

what did you use to make them?

Offline spidum

« Reply #2436 on: Tue, 03 December 2013, 22:55:02 »

Now on to free stuff...

I agree, free stuffs!

Pics:
(Attachment Link)

PMd Hopefully I was first, these are bad ass to say the least!

Offline Pacifist

• * Elevated Elder
  • on hiatus
« Reply #2437 on: Tue, 03 December 2013, 22:55:25 »

Now on to free stuff...

I agree, free stuffs!

Pics:
(Attachment Link)

I was first, but I let whoever next get them

Offline lucifurburch

« Reply #2438 on: Tue, 03 December 2013, 22:57:43 »
@bhulse7 ive got a zink wasd cluster you can have... just pay shipping i can even throw you a zink arrow set and a zink esc if your intrested... pm me

Offline Badwrench

• * Destiny Supporter
  • ummmm.....I forgot
« Reply #2439 on: Tue, 03 December 2013, 22:59:56 »

Now on to free stuff...

I agree, free stuffs!

Pics:
(Attachment Link)

You were actually second, but Pacifist passed them on to you  :thumb:

Enjoy.

Offline spidum

« Reply #2440 on: Tue, 03 December 2013, 23:01:20 »

Now on to free stuff...

I agree, free stuffs!

Pics:
(Attachment Link)

Enjoy.

Awesome!
Shoot me a PM.
Thanks Badwrench
and thanks Pacifist!

Offline Pacifist

• * Elevated Elder
  • on hiatus
« Reply #2441 on: Tue, 03 December 2013, 23:02:32 »

Now on to free stuff...

I agree, free stuffs!

Pics:
(Attachment Link)

Enjoy.

Awesome!
Shoot me a PM.
Thanks Badwrench
and thanks Pacifist!

no problem

Offline VesperSAINT

• vpsert
  • #CustomKorean
« Reply #2442 on: Tue, 03 December 2013, 23:04:22 »
@bhulse7 ive got a zink wasd cluster you can have... just pay shipping i can even throw you a zink arrow set and a zink esc if your intrested... pm me

Offline spidum

« Reply #2443 on: Tue, 03 December 2013, 23:05:01 »
I need to give something away.
Ill scour my bedroom and find something hopefully tomorrow.
 ;D

Offline Pacifist

• * Elevated Elder
  • on hiatus
« Reply #2444 on: Tue, 03 December 2013, 23:13:29 »
Free Stuff? Free Games

Codes are slightly modified

Snapshot Steam Key(removed a letter)
REQ2R-NE_MX-QJRT4

Low Light Combat(missing a letter at the end)
https://humblebundle.com/s?gift=BW3hapUtnRa_

The Basement Collection Steam Key(missing a number)
BALKT-WM6CV-06B_L

Closure Steam Key(missing a capitol letter)
_2PCE-VDBQY-6R3JL

Battlefield 3 Origin Key(guess what I did to the key)
32Y8-4L6V-XRMA-J2BN-V6XF

Offline Badwrench

• * Destiny Supporter
  • ummmm.....I forgot
« Reply #2445 on: Tue, 03 December 2013, 23:18:46 »

Show Image

Show Image

Those are amazing! 

Offline HoffmanMyster

• * Senior Moderator
« Reply #2446 on: Tue, 03 December 2013, 23:29:49 »

Show Image

Show Image

Too slow. These are awesome though! Hoping you make more of them.   ;D

Offline Nojo

« Reply #2447 on: Tue, 03 December 2013, 23:49:46 »
Free Stuff? Free Games

REQ2R-NE_MX-QJRT4

BALKT-WM6CV-06B_L

_2PCE-VDBQY-6R3JL

32Y8-4L6V-XRMA-J2BN-V6XF

:thumb: Thanks man, I redeemed Snapshot and Low Light Combat. Someone seem to have redeem the other two

Offline nine

« Reply #2448 on: Tue, 03 December 2013, 23:52:42 »
L>Angel for the Humble Bundle. Been wanting Magicka and Natural Selection forever ; A;

Offline Pacifist

• * Elevated Elder
  • on hiatus
« Reply #2449 on: Tue, 03 December 2013, 23:53:02 »
Free Stuff? Free Games

REQ2R-NE_MX-QJRT4

BALKT-WM6CV-06B_L

_2PCE-VDBQY-6R3JL

32Y8-4L6V-XRMA-J2BN-V6XF

:thumb: Thanks man, I redeemed Snapshot and Low Light Combat. Someone seem to have redeem the other two

0.0 you actually figured them out? Congrats. Well it only took 26 tries each but you deserve it