Author Topic: Free stuff! Pay it forward!  (Read 14248460 times)

Offline hwood34

• underwater squad
  • * Exalted Elder
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • #1 CL stan
    • Keyboard Illuminati
Re: Free stuff! Pay it forward!
« Reply #2950 on: Tue, 08 April 2014, 10:14:19 »
I know it will be a long shot but worth a try.

Does someone have a spare keycap set they are willing to part with? Preferably a set that will fit Poker layout. I recently assembled a sprit 60% keyboard with mx clear and find out that the clear is way too tight for my dsa blank and way way more tight on pom blank I purchase from banggood(I really recommend not to purchase this set as they are "switch breaker"). Due to tight keycap, I scrape the clear stems to fit the dsa blanks. My problem now is if my mx clear will be way too loose for OEM keycaps. I really don't have a resources to purchase a new set due to recent purchases I have...  :(

TL;DR gimme your trash keyset pretty please??

Thanks
Pm'd
IV KWK Info Thread & KBK Info Thread IV (out of date)

Old GBs: Gateron Switches (2015) | CF-LX R1 (2015) | CF-LX R2 (2017) | CF-LXXX (2017) | Gen.s Gem Caps (2015)

"Under no pretext should arms and ammunition be surrendered; any attempt to disarm the workers must be frustrated, by force if necessary"

Offline hwood34

• underwater squad
  • * Exalted Elder
  • #1 CL stan
    • Keyboard Illuminati
« Reply #2951 on: Tue, 08 April 2014, 10:56:37 »
Anyone have white dsa + and enter,  and the 0 cap for numpads. I don't really mind the font colour
IV KWK Info Thread & KBK Info Thread IV (out of date)

Old GBs: Gateron Switches (2015) | CF-LX R1 (2015) | CF-LX R2 (2017) | CF-LXXX (2017) | Gen.s Gem Caps (2015)

"Under no pretext should arms and ammunition be surrendered; any attempt to disarm the workers must be frustrated, by force if necessary"

Offline Linkbane

« Reply #2952 on: Tue, 08 April 2014, 20:49:18 »
Does anyone happen to have a Clear and/or ergo-Clear that they could send to me? Ray was the man and helped get one to me a while ago, but the postal service, mildly, blows, so I must hope for another.
Quickfire TK MX Blue Corsair K60 MX Red Ducky Shine 3 Yellow TKL MX Blue Leopold FC660C
Current best: 162 wpm.

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #2953 on: Tue, 08 April 2014, 20:59:44 »
Does anyone happen to have a Clear and/or ergo-Clear that they could send to me? Ray was the man and helped get one to me a while ago, but the postal service, mildly, blows, so I must hope for another.

Oh yeah...that package came back to me a few weeks ago....no idea where it was in the meantime.

Offline Linkbane

« Reply #2954 on: Tue, 08 April 2014, 21:16:25 »

Oh yeah...that package came back to me a few weeks ago....no idea where it was in the meantime.

Congrats on the decamillenial post, either way. :D
Quickfire TK MX Blue Corsair K60 MX Red Ducky Shine 3 Yellow TKL MX Blue Leopold FC660C
Current best: 162 wpm.

Offline boxfulofsanity

« Reply #2955 on: Wed, 09 April 2014, 10:25:34 »
Does anyone have an extra keycap puller they'd be willing to spare?

Thanks!

Offline ideus

• * Exalted Elder
  • Björkö.
« Reply #2956 on: Wed, 09 April 2014, 10:29:49 »

It was lost somewhere in Murica, congratulations on your 10k post.

Offline ideus

• * Exalted Elder
  • Björkö.
« Reply #2957 on: Wed, 09 April 2014, 10:34:23 »

Does someone have a spare keycap set they are willing to part with? Preferably a set that will fit Poker layout. I recently assembled a sprit 60% keyboard with mx clear and find out that the clear is way too tight for my dsa blank and way way more tight on pom blank I purchase from banggood(I really recommend not to purchase this set as they are "switch breaker"). Due to tight keycap, I scrape the clear stems to fit the dsa blanks. My problem now is if my mx clear will be way too loose for OEM keycaps. I really don't have a resources to purchase a new set due to recent purchases I have...  :(

Thanks

I can give you my original Poker set. It is pretty much new, I replaced the caps right out of the box. PM me with your full address to quote the shipping, I hope it will not cost an arm and a leg though.

Offline jorgenslee

• Trade Count: (1)
« Reply #2958 on: Wed, 09 April 2014, 13:32:47 »

Thanks
Pm'd
Thanks

Thanks

I can give you my original Poker set. It is pretty much new, I replaced the caps right out of the box. PM me with your full address to quote the shipping, I hope it will not cost an arm and a leg though.
Pm'd...

Thanks to this awesome community.

Offline Candyflip

• ★★★
« Reply #2959 on: Thu, 10 April 2014, 12:05:52 »
Some runes for League of Legends, I don't have clue what are they or if they are worth anything but here it goes:
60594-0
(potato intended)
This sucks more than anything that has ever sucked before.

Offline riotonthebay

• Cherry Peasant
  • * Destiny Supporter
  • keycult.com
« Reply #2960 on: Thu, 10 April 2014, 12:13:05 »
GONE

I received the following keys from CPTBadAss, and I'm now passing them on. Same rules apply: free shipping to CONUS, paid international shipping, first person to call dibs in this thread gets them.

Do not PM me! I'll PM you and will update this post when they're gone.

Free Stripped and Dirty Cherry G81-7000

Basically, I removed the PCB and desoldered all components, as well as removed the magstrip. The only thing that remains are the MY keyswitches and the MX Compatible PBT KeyCaps, if anyone is interested, let me know, the only real value I see in this thing are the keycaps, so it would be cheaper to ship if you just took them vs the crappy MY's and case.

Show Image

I got these caps from Keebler a while back. Since I no longer like PBT and I got a replacement set for my Epsilon, I'd like to give these away. The above picture (from Keebler) was before the caps were cleaned. Below is the caps cleaned:

Show Image

Free for anyone in CONUS, shipping included. If you want this and you live international, you're responsible for shipping. First person to call dibs on them in this thread (Don't PM me to claim them, I'll PM the winner.) gets them.
« Last Edit: Thu, 10 April 2014, 12:20:43 by riotonthebay »

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #2961 on: Thu, 10 April 2014, 12:14:36 »
I received the following keys from CPTBadAss, and I'm now passing them on. Same rules apply: free shipping to CONUS, paid international shipping, first person to call dibs in this thread gets them.

Do not PM me! I'll PM you and will update this post when they're gone.

Free Stripped and Dirty Cherry G81-7000

Basically, I removed the PCB and desoldered all components, as well as removed the magstrip. The only thing that remains are the MY keyswitches and the MX Compatible PBT KeyCaps, if anyone is interested, let me know, the only real value I see in this thing are the keycaps, so it would be cheaper to ship if you just took them vs the crappy MY's and case.

Show Image

I got these caps from Keebler a while back. Since I no longer like PBT and I got a replacement set for my Epsilon, I'd like to give these away. The above picture (from Keebler) was before the caps were cleaned. Below is the caps cleaned:

Show Image

Free for anyone in CONUS, shipping included. If you want this and you live international, you're responsible for shipping. First person to call dibs on them in this thread (Don't PM me to claim them, I'll PM the winner.) gets them.

dibs

Offline nubbinator

• Dabbler Supreme
  • * Maker
  • Model M "connoisseur"
« Reply #2962 on: Thu, 10 April 2014, 12:18:02 »
Damn spamray, bogarting all the freebies.  Awesome freebie man.

Offline riotonthebay

• Cherry Peasant
  • * Destiny Supporter
  • keycult.com
« Reply #2963 on: Thu, 10 April 2014, 12:18:51 »

Ray needs a minute-long handicap on these things :))

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #2964 on: Thu, 10 April 2014, 12:21:36 »
Soon I will be having to clean up my mess of keyboard stuffs so I will give some things away :D

Offline nubbinator

• Dabbler Supreme
  • * Maker
  • Model M "connoisseur"
« Reply #2965 on: Thu, 10 April 2014, 12:22:16 »

Ray needs a minute-long handicap on these things :))

Seriously.  I'm still looking for a cheap set like that (have been for a while), so if you see another, let me know.

Offline Pacifist

• Report me *again* if there are gifs in my sig
  • * Elevated Elder
  • on hiatus
« Reply #2966 on: Thu, 10 April 2014, 18:07:44 »
Anybody got a 7x cherry spacebar wire? I can cover shipping

Offline exitfire401

• * Global Moderator
  • The Force is Re/\l
« Reply #2967 on: Thu, 10 April 2014, 18:26:46 »
Does anybody have some green LEDs that I could have? I accidentally broke a few while extracting them from my Race. I have some browns I'm willing to part with, or I can offer a couple of stickered and lubed clears for you to have
Boards: Kingsaver Complicated Blue Alps |Sprit 60% Transparent MX Clears in Gateron housings with 62g gold Sprit springs lubed and RGB color shifting LEDs | Ducky Shine Zone MX Black with Blue LEDs | Realforce 10AE Variable Silenced

B/S/T thread: https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=55351.0

Past projects: KBT Race 2 L.E.
Past Boards: Ducky Shine 2 | KBT Pure | LZ Aluminum Skin| HHKB | Realforce 23u |

Offline swill

• * Elevated Elder
  • builder & enabler
    • swillkb.com
« Reply #2968 on: Thu, 10 April 2014, 23:16:22 »
Does anybody have some green LEDs that I could have? I accidentally broke a few while extracting them from my Race. I have some browns I'm willing to part with, or I can offer a couple of stickered and lubed clears for you to have

Do you want diffused or crystal clear?  I should have both and I have more LEDs than I have projects coming right now, so I can spare some.  Just PM me...

Offline Dreamre

• kbdlife
« Reply #2969 on: Thu, 10 April 2014, 23:25:29 »

I have clear ones, but there are flanges at the bottom - so you'll need to modify em to ensure it doesn't hit the cap. They're yours for free if you pay for shipping (I have 8 of em). Shipping might be around $5~$7 USD without tracking :(. I honestly thing it's cheaper and more worth it to buy it off eBay.

Offline KebinPls

• OK
    • Insta
« Reply #2970 on: Thu, 10 April 2014, 23:43:51 »
Some runes for League of Legends, I don't have clue what are they or if they are worth anything but here it goes:
(Attachment Link)
(potato intended)

In case anyone is thinking of using this since no one called dibs, it's already been used. On another note, anyone have a white on black TKL set theyd be willing to part with?

Offline foxer

• Formerly wadeu
« Reply #2971 on: Fri, 11 April 2014, 08:40:40 »
(Attachment Link)
(potato intended)

In case anyone is thinking of using this since no one called dibs, it's already been used. On another note, anyone have a white on black TKL set theyd be willing to part with?

Already used on another server. Codes work across all servers. I just tried now and got them on the EUW server.

TY Candyflip!
Unbowed, Unbent, Unbroken.

Offline DamienG

• DamienG
« Reply #2972 on: Sat, 12 April 2014, 13:08:23 »
Anyone want to see what DSA caps are like? I've got a 5 handfuls of random odd caps from my SP grab bag to give away to anyone who wants to pay shipping. Each handful is 9 1u caps and 3 2u caps with no center stem. The legends and colors are totally random but should let you see what they're like (a few have round or square windows).

If less than 5 people are interested I'll split the remainder between the people that are. PM me.

CON-US only, not worth shipping them elsewhere.

[)amien

Offline mkawa

•  No Marketplace Access
  • (ツ)@@@. crankypants
« Reply #2973 on: Sun, 13 April 2014, 15:24:24 »
first to PM gets a kill-a-watt P4400 for cost of shipping!

gone
« Last Edit: Sun, 13 April 2014, 17:55:18 by mkawa »

to all the brilliant friends who have left us, and all the students who climb on their shoulders.

Offline ITzNybble

• Formerly curro123083
  • Nibble or Nybble either way it sounds delicious!
« Reply #2974 on: Mon, 14 April 2014, 12:48:28 »
Just seeing if anyone might have an extra Riot Ward skin from PAX :) Would make my day.
WASD V1 Custom - MX Blue
Custom Miami QFR - MX Green
Handwired Redox-Manuform - Box Pink/Box Navy
KBD67 MKII PolyCarbonate - Gateron CJ

Offline foxer

• Formerly wadeu
« Reply #2975 on: Mon, 14 April 2014, 13:15:33 »
Or any skins from PAX would be amazing. :p Remember, if you've used them on the NA server or any other server, they're still valid for all other servers. :D

Offline ITzNybble

• Formerly curro123083
« Reply #2976 on: Mon, 14 April 2014, 13:33:33 »
I would be willing to send out a Miami Hapster key or both (pink or Teal) in exchange for a Riot Ward Skin Code...I also have two Miami Geekhack keys that I would be willing to trade for other skin codes or anything else to be honest. Just PM me if willing to make a trade :) If within the US I will pay shipping :D
WASD V1 Custom - MX Blue

Offline JayKthnx

« Reply #2977 on: Mon, 14 April 2014, 14:09:23 »
wish I knew what the hell you're talking about so I could pick up that hapster.
HNNNNNNNNG

Offline ITzNybble

• Formerly curro123083
« Reply #2978 on: Mon, 14 April 2014, 14:13:56 »
wish I knew what the hell you're talking about so I could pick up that hapster.
HNNNNNNNNG

At PAX they gave away skin codes for League of legends...Just trying to pick one up as I did not go to PAX. Sorry man. If I do not trade them and remember I may just send you one :) not promising though
WASD V1 Custom - MX Blue

Offline berserkfan

• changing diapers is more fun than model f assembly
« Reply #2979 on: Wed, 16 April 2014, 11:41:05 »
Soon I will be having to clean up my mess of keyboard stuffs so I will give some things away :D

And I'll be watching. I know you always collect interesting things so I'm just waiting for the right price.
Most of the modding can be done on your own once you break through the psychological barriers.

Offline berserkfan

« Reply #2980 on: Wed, 16 April 2014, 12:09:04 »
Yeah, just fouund out about that, but its hard finding nice looking keycaps, do you guys have any reccomendation?

If you want cheap, tons of TaiHao caps are on TaoBao.
Yup have been bookmarking a few.
Would you be able to tell me which one is the yellow one? The chemical signs.
http://item.taobao.com/item.htm?spm=2013.1.0.0.417MzZ&scm=1007.10016.481.1&id=17052862584

Hotkiller

if you just want a few random caps to decorate your keyboard, I should have some eventually. I bought some SP crap and it's with my proxy shipper now. Sooner or later my friends will accumulate enough packages and ship and I'll be able to see what I can spare.

Offer suspended until I can see what I actually have.

Be forewarned though, beggars can't be choosers. I have no idea what I have, and some unlucky people get nothing but real crap - brown coloured repeat random keycaps with MY ML stems.
« Last Edit: Wed, 16 April 2014, 23:54:52 by berserkfan »
Most of the modding can be done on your own once you break through the psychological barriers.

Offline DamienG

• DamienG
« Reply #2981 on: Wed, 16 April 2014, 12:47:44 »
Bag of random-non-MX stems from my SP grab bag. Some rounded pegs, some with a notch, some with 4 notches, some pincers some no-stem-at-all and a few + type. No idea what they fit.

Whole bag goes to first person who will pay shipping.  With envelope around 6oz so please head to USPS.com and see how much shipping is from 95125 first.

[)amien
« Last Edit: Wed, 16 April 2014, 18:48:03 by DamienG »

Offline kohi

« Reply #2982 on: Wed, 16 April 2014, 17:56:30 »
if only they were for mx stems  :-[ I'm still trying to find decent cherry profile RGB modifier keycaps with an extra 2.25 shift key. ahh

Offline Pacifist

• Report me *again* if there are gifs in my sig
  • * Elevated Elder
  • on hiatus
« Reply #2983 on: Wed, 16 April 2014, 18:18:31 »
if only they were for mx stems  :-[ I'm still trying to find decent cherry profile RGB modifier keycaps with an extra 2.25 shift key. ahh
fengs RGB buy had extra 2.25x shifts

Offline kohi

« Reply #2984 on: Wed, 16 April 2014, 19:32:04 »
do you know if the buy is still open? or did I miss it.. lol

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #2985 on: Wed, 16 April 2014, 19:33:32 »
Bag of random-non-MX stems from my SP grab bag. Some rounded pegs, some with a notch, some with 4 notches, some pincers some no-stem-at-all and a few + type. No idea what they fit.

Whole bag goes to first person who will pay shipping.  With envelope around 6oz so please head to USPS.com and see how much shipping is from 95125 first.

[)amien

Someone posted on DT looking for the POS style caps.

Offline jensma

• http://jensma.de/
« Reply #2986 on: Thu, 17 April 2014, 03:51:33 »
Hey guys!

I'm looking for a plastik stabilizer insert for my Model M. This is my only only keyboard, so I can't harvest spare parts :(

Maybe someone got one bugger lying around? I'll pay for it :D

PS: The color doesn't matter :D
« Last Edit: Thu, 17 April 2014, 03:56:21 by jensma »

Offline foxer

• Formerly wadeu
« Reply #2987 on: Thu, 17 April 2014, 07:03:23 »
Hey guys!

I'm looking for a plastik stabilizer insert for my Model M. This is my only only keyboard, so I can't harvest spare parts :(

Show Image

Maybe someone got one bugger lying around? I'll pay for it :D

PS: The color doesn't matter :D

Aren't you the girl from Reddit who recently posted the spot treatment pictures? o_o

Offline Glissant

« Reply #2988 on: Thu, 17 April 2014, 07:55:33 »
You like look a lot like Thorin Oakenshield, foxer! o_o

edit: autocorrect is crap.
« Last Edit: Thu, 17 April 2014, 14:10:03 by Glissant »

Offline foxer

• Formerly wadeu
« Reply #2989 on: Thu, 17 April 2014, 09:31:15 »
Thorin Oakenshield is God!

Offline jensma

« Reply #2990 on: Thu, 17 April 2014, 10:27:03 »
Gah, I contacted unicomp for that piece of plastic, but I have to reach an order of $10 + $20 shipping :( Meh, I can get another Model M for that :D

Offline berserkfan

« Reply #2991 on: Thu, 17 April 2014, 10:56:23 »
Gah, I contacted unicomp for that piece of plastic, but I have to reach an order of $10 + $20 shipping :( Meh, I can get another Model M for that :D

I would help you, but I'm in Singapore. $1.10 to ship one piece of plastic, and I have to stand in line and fill in customs forms on top of that.

Try contacting wcass; he's truly awesomely generous and tends to have lots of Model M/F spare parts. Fohat.digs is another of the good guys round here; he's a Model F fanatic though so might have no more spare parts for an M.

Offline jensma

« Reply #2992 on: Thu, 17 April 2014, 11:07:42 »
I'll ask wcass ^^ Thanks for the hint :D

Offline mougrim

« Reply #2993 on: Thu, 17 April 2014, 13:15:02 »

For 30 buck you can buy new, shiny, custom printed button set :)
IBM AT Model F, Vortexgear Race 3, AEKII (Alps Cream Damped), Metoo Zero (modded to Kailh Box Navy)

Offline berserkfan

« Reply #2994 on: Thu, 17 April 2014, 15:22:16 »

For 30 buck you can buy new, shiny, custom printed button set :)

For that price I can sell an entire color buckling spring set anywhere in the world. Problem is, I only have ISO layout.

Offline linziyi

• The one with many questions
« Reply #2995 on: Thu, 17 April 2014, 18:50:31 »
Does anyone got a PS controller that they don't need any more? I just got Dark Souls pc port and sadly found out that it is impossible to play without a console controller..
Ducky DK9008G2 Pro

"Much to learn you still have" --Yoda

Offline Harrowed

• My wallet has been hacked
« Reply #2996 on: Fri, 18 April 2014, 06:48:42 »
Does anyone got a PS controller that they don't need any more? I just got Dark Souls pc port and sadly found out that it is impossible to play without a console controller..
Wired Xbox 360 controller works better with pc, Microsoft supports those directly. Just a hint :thumb: You can get PS controller to work also.

Ergodox MX Blues | Rosewill RK-9000

Offline JayKthnx

« Reply #2997 on: Fri, 18 April 2014, 07:01:38 »
Pretty much all Logitech controllers are based on the dual shock. Thinkgeek also has retro controllers with USB connectivity.

Offline mougrim

« Reply #2998 on: Fri, 18 April 2014, 07:30:35 »
Wired Xbox 360 controller works better with pc, Microsoft supports those directly. Just a hint :thumb: You can get PS controller to work also.
Dualshock 3 works on PC just fine - I found wrapper for it, and it makes it function just like Xbox 360 controller.
IBM AT Model F, Vortexgear Race 3, AEKII (Alps Cream Damped), Metoo Zero (modded to Kailh Box Navy)

Offline metal1091

« Reply #2999 on: Fri, 18 April 2014, 10:01:48 »
Does Anyone Have a Filco case? I'm looking to build a Phantom and don't really wanna drop $150 on an aluminum one from MechanicalKeyboards.com